/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ten Oppressors

Al_Imaan
04-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Ten Oppressors

Sufyan ath-Thauri (may Allah have mercy on him) said that ten people are regarded as oppressors:

1) The person who prays for himself, but forgets his parents and other believers.

2)The person who does not recite at least a hundred verses of the Holy Quran daily.

3)The person who leaves the Masjid (mosque) without performing at least two units of Salah.

4)The person who passes a graveyard without greeting the deceased or praying for them.

5)The person who enters a city on Friday and leaves without performing the Friday prayer.

6)The man or woman in whose vicinity a learned person comes and none acquires any religious knowledge from him.

7)Those two people who love each other for the pleasure of Allah but are unaware of each others names.

8)The person who is invited by another, but does not accept his invitation (when acceptance does not contradict the Shariah).

9)The youngster that has no commitments yet does not acquire any religious knowledge or manners.

10)The person who has eaten to his fill while his neighbor goes hungry.

By: Imam as-Samarqandi
Source: www.islaam.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
04-21-2007, 12:57 AM
hmmm.... i don't understand the use of the word "oppressors" - the concept must mean more in an islamic context than in regular usage?

FBI
04-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I don't agree with any of them.

- Qatada -
04-21-2007, 04:06 PM
:salamext:

Maasha Allaah, Sufyan at-Thawri was a great scholar.. at the same time as Imaam Abu Hanifah in Kufa i think. May Allaah have mercy on him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FBI
04-21-2007, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Maasha Allaah, Sufyan at-Thawri was a great scholar.. at the same time as Imaam Abu Hanifah in Kufa i think. May Allaah have mercy on him.
but none of them make sense, are they hadiths is so please explain the ligc behind it, why is the word Oppressor used?

- Qatada -
04-21-2007, 04:17 PM

Allaah knows best what the arabic word is akhi.. because one arabic word might have loads of different meanings, so i really don't know what he meant..

But alot of them things mentioned in the list are related to Qur'an and the Sunnah, i.e. thanking ones parents is ordered to us by Allaah in Surah Luqman in the Qur'an, and scholars say that it's our duty to pray for them as a way of thanking them. Going to an invitation [which doesn't go against Islamic rules] is encouraged in Islaam since that is the Sunnah (in some ahadith, even if the meal is only bread and olive oil.) Praying the two units of nawaafil when entering a Masjid is also Sunnah etc.

So maybe he's implying that those who don't follow the Sunnah are oppressors because they're oppressing themselves by not following the Prophetic example? Allaah knows best.

'Abd al-Baari
04-21-2007, 04:25 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah for sharing the post
Mashallah vey beneficial :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!