/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A good youtube video about covering/modesty for Muslims and Christians

Natural
04-21-2007, 04:20 AM
As salaamu alaykum all,
A friend just sent me this youtube link and I thought I would share. Be warned he starts out cynical, but keep watching and you will get his point, insha'Allah! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H_5K1Mns40

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ManchesterFolk
05-06-2007, 05:02 PM
To what extent is someone modest?

If a women covers her hair, the man will focus on her face. If a women covers her face then her eyes will still be beautiful.

The only solution is to cover every but of every woman. Even cover there voce someonehow because a man could get aroused?

To what point does a women have to be modest?

Woodrow
05-06-2007, 10:31 PM
This is a very interesting perspective. Modesty is a 2 way street. A man has the responsibility to honor and protect a woman's modesty.

How do we know when a woman wants us to protect her modesty? By the way she chooses to protect it.

No man has the right to order a woman to wear the hijab, Burkah or Niqaab. That has to be the woman's choice.

True there are countries where that is misused, but the vast majority of Muslim woman really do cover out of their own choice and not out of coercion.

Ghira
05-07-2007, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jamaaljad

If a women covers her hair, the man will focus on her face. If a women covers her face then her eyes will still be beautiful.

The only solution is to cover every but of every woman. Even cover there voce someonehow because a man could get aroused?

:sl:
I love modesty in my Muslim sisters. I respect that and I get very proud that I have Muslim sisters like are modest...they have haya... I really feel like that is a person who is truly part of the ummah of Rasouliallah (saw)....I would say that is the #1 attraction towards a potential spouse for many practicing Muslim brothers. It tells me a lot about the person. Some do fake it some have it naturally and it is hard to tell if they are a natural. Modesty is rare, safe, honorable, classy, pure, innocent, just simply amazing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
05-10-2007, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk

To the extent Allah and His Messenger told us :)

And as Br Wood said:

Modesty is a 2 way street. A man has the responsibility to honor and protect a woman's modesty.
The woman covers herself as Allah ordered her in the Quran and the Sunnah. She trys her best to imitate the way of the Sahabbiyat (women companion ). Likewise the man is a responsibility is to implement what Allah and His Messenger ordered him. He dresses as he has being ordered and behaviors as Allah commanded him. Dressing modestly for both the man and the woman is nothing more than a commandment from Allah. We hear and we obey, it doesn't necessarily have to do with sexuality and desire but if you want you want to look at the social benefits then yes. Dressing modestly stops a lot of evil :) But what stops the greater evil is having Tahweed in the heart, having Taqwah of Allah because once you have that then one is aware Allah is watching him and he will be accoutable for his sins.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.