/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If God likes Beauty why are some more beautful than others?

peace800
04-21-2007, 04:12 PM
When our Prophet's (pbuh) daughter was about to get married our Prophet (pbuh) told a person that "God likes Beauty and I am happy to see such a beautiful couple". My question is is it Allah who decided how one should look ?and if he appreciates beauty then whey are some less or more beautfil than others? (not that it makes a difference) but I was just asking.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
unknown_JJ
04-21-2007, 04:15 PM
hmm :S Allah SWT knows :S

- Qatada -
04-21-2007, 04:23 PM
:salamext:

Allaah also likes the strong believer :) i think some scholars say that it refers to a strong believer in emaan [faith] aswell as physically. Allaah knows best.

The main issue is that Allaah has placed within us all things which will help us draw closer to Allaah. One person might be kind/soft hearted to others, another person might be wealthy and spend in Allaah's cause alot. Another person might be strong and fight in Allaah's cause against evil.

On the other side of the scale - there are people who are extremely good looking and abuse that, and do sin. There are others who have alot of wealth and use that wealth to spend in disobedience to Allaah [i.e. use it to buy haraam things like alcohol etc.] There are others who might be strong and use it to fight Allaah, His Messenger and the believers.

So if we ever lack in anything, Allaah has given us more good in another way. Someone disabled might be wealthy, someone healthy might be poor etc. Allaah tests us all in different ways, and the reward or punishment will truelly be given in the hereafter. We pray to Allaah to make us of the successful in this life and the next. ameen. And Allaah Almighty knows best.

ummzayd
04-22-2007, 09:35 AM
:sl: :sl:

as it has already been said beauty can be a severe test and those who are admired and lusted after need a lot of emaan to counter that.

however, anyone can make themselves more beautiful by obeying Allah swt. I can think of 2 ways: 1) by avoiding the haram things like smoking, alcohol and unhealthy foods (all of which destroy beauty) and living a good healthy life with good natural foods & drinks as well as looking after our bodies with moderate exercise.

2) prayer and fasting, earnestly striving to please Allah swt in our lives, and have no ill feelings towards anyone - subhanAllah I have seen some Muslims like this and their faces shine like a full moon and in spite of bad features (small eyes big noses wrinkles whatever lol) they look so beautiful they make your heart turn over and long for Allah ta'ala.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.