/* */

PDA

View Full Version : QASIDAH BURDAH (Poem of the Scarf)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-21-2007, 06:26 PM
:salamext:

QASIDAH BURDAH (Poem of the Scarf)
by Allaamah Sharafuddeen Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Busairi (RA)

[REMOVED]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
04-21-2007, 07:40 PM
:sl:

you might wanna check this thraed out sister
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...-al-burda.html

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-22-2007, 04:46 AM
:sl:

You can check the link given by Sr.Amani above, and to add:

Some people might say that some lines are metaphorical, but Shaykh Yasir Qadhi has nicely explained why that cannot be an excuse:

Salaam Alaikum

I understand your concerns, and also feel your sincerity.

Really what I have said in the previous posts is enough: the wording is quite clear in my opinion, and if someone wishes to interpret it as 'poetic license', in all honesty I do 'see' their point of view even if I do not agree with it.

We have in the example of the Companions and the early generations of Islam the best model to demonstrate our love. Why not popularize the poems of Hassan b. Thabit or al-Shafi'ee or others of their generation? And even more importantly, why didn't they have such 'poetic license' which borders on shirk and without doubt is over-exageration? It never ceases to amaze me that those who ascribe themselves to the 'tradition' are always so far from the tradition of the first few centuries of Islam.

Lastly, I quoted this before, and I'll quote it again: when the little girl versified in her poem, as reported in Sahih al-Bukhari, 'And we have in our midst a prophet who knows what will happen tommorrow', why did not our beloved Rasul himself overlook this 'poetic license', and let her sing her innocent poem? Instead, he asked her to remove this line from her poem.
Imagine if he had heard al-Busayri's line (and people are free to interpret it as they please, but the Arabic is crystal clear), 'And of your knowledge is the knowledge of the pen and tablet'.

Exaggeration, especially in the status of holy people, is the primary road to shirk. Read the verses in the Quran pertaining to Jesus, and also the hadeeth that we quoted about him as well. The language of the Quran and sunnah is the most eloquent, and praises the Rasul salla Allahu alayhi wa salaam in the best manner. Why not stick with it and not go beyond the bounds it has demarcated for us?

Yasir
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showpost...67&postcount=2

With that,

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.