/* */

PDA

View Full Version : !*!*NiQaAb*!*!

------
04-22-2007, 10:29 AM
:salamext:

I was just wondering, I've done a lot of research and stuff, but I don't know whether Niqaab is compulsory upon us or not.

Could you brothers and sisters please help me out? (With evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah)

Jazaak Allaah Khayr in Advance :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 10:49 AM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Narrated 'Aisha
(the wife of the Prophet) 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to say to Allah's Apostle "Let your wives be veiled" But he did not do so. The wives of the Prophet used to go out to answer the call of nature at night only at Al-Manasi.' Once Sauda, the daughter of Zam'a went out and she was a tall woman. 'Umar bin Al-Khattab saw her while he was in a gathering, and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda!" He ('Umar) saidso as he was anxious for some Divine orders regarding the veil (the veiling of women.) So Allah revealed the Verse of veiling. (Al-Hijab; a complete body cover excluding the eyes). (See Hadith No. 148, Vol. 1)

Surah Al-Ahzaab, Verse #59

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks ("Jalabib") veils all over their bodies (screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way Tafseer Al-Qurtabi) that is most convenient that they should be known (as such) and not molested: and Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful."

Surah An-Nur, Verses #30 and #31

And Say to the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, head cover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Hadith # 282

Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba (Radhiallaahu Ánha) "Aisha (Radhiallaahu Ánha) used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces.

"Imam Shafi, Malik and Hanbal hold the view that niqaab (covering the faceand the hands completely with only a small area for the eyes to see) as being compulsory (fard). Imam Abu Hanifa says that niqaab is Wajib and the face and hands can be exposed provided that there is not fear of desire if one looks at the female face, otherwise if there is the slightest chance of desire developing in the looker (the meaning of desire is that the looker would see the female face and think that she is beautiful, sexual thought is not what is meant) then exposing the face and hands is Haraam.

Peace.

------
04-22-2007, 10:52 AM

But werent the above quotes/verses meant for the wives and daughters of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wasallam), as they were pure and different to other women?

Imam Abu Hanifa says that niqaab is Wajib
Wajib...:?

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 10:58 AM

http://members.tripod.com/~ibnfarooq/niqaab.htm

^^Check this link out inshaAllah,

Niqaab in the light of Quran
Niqaab in the light of Hadith
Niqaab according to the Sahaba (Radhiallaahu Ánhuma)
Niqaab according to the Tabi'een
Niqaab according to the 4 Madhabib
Niqaab according to the mufasrieen of Quran
Niqaab according the great scholars of Islam

I don't wana say anything 'cause i don't know, i want you to figure it out from all these evidences for yourself.

At the end of of the day you are resposible for what you do, get me?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
04-22-2007, 11:02 AM
NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:
Just to make it clear the point of this page is NOT to say if a woman doesn't wear niqaab she will go to Jahunum, as we know there are two valid view points on the hijab. One view held by the Ullima is that the niqaab (covering the face) is wajib (compulsory) and other Ullima hold the view it is Mustahab (recommended and the best thing to do but not compulsory). This page is to explain to those people who say things like "The niqaab is not in islam or is not important" or is "bad for dawa" these people should understand that the Niqaab is from the Quraan and Hadith and even if you hold the view of it not being wajib it is still THE BEST thing and recommended and anyone who wears it is to be respected. And is anyone discourages the wearing of Niqaab or denies it being in Islam or makes fun of someone who wears it they should fear ALLAH and take their shahadah over.
So there are 2 views held by scholars?

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:07 AM
:-\

*cries* :laugh:

------
04-22-2007, 11:08 AM

No no listen, I understand where you are coming from, but there are two main views right? That are held by scholars?

One is that Niqaab is fardh and the other is that Niqaab is not fardh?

Work with me here!

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:11 AM
The two views they are talking about is fardh and mustahab,

compulsary and recommended but not compulsary

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:14 AM

It is Waajib upon a woman to wear the Niqaab according to the Hanafi Madhab. This means that if a woman leaves it out, she will be sinful. (Ahkaamul Qur’aan vol.3 pg.476)

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...6866f3543d3ac7

for further information please see:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ab-daleel.html

i hope this helps inshaAllah

may Allah guide to the highest places of jannah. Ameen thumma Ameen ya rabbul alameen.

------
04-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Ok the second link has confused me even more with the post by brother Al Habeshi!
(Ameen to the dua's)

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:19 AM
So either way,

In all madhabs if we don't do it...we are sinning!

Allahu Alim :'(

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Ok the second link has confused me even more with the post by brother Al Habeshi!
(Ameen to the dua's)

ukhtee forget that, who had the most knowledge? the imaams of the madhaahib right? their opinion was that niqaab is wajib at least, imam abu hanifa said that its permissable to expose face so long as there is no chance of fitnah for other men, however we all know that a beautiful girl exposing face in public will without a doubt cause fitnah.

wallahi its crystal clear to me, i've even made my sisters see it with the help of Allah, Alhamdulillah.

its up 2 you now inshaAllah :)

i take whats clear over whats foggy, what do you find to be most clear?

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:25 AM

"Those who resist Allah and His Messenger will be humbled to dust, as were those before them: for We have already sent down clear signs. And the unbelievers (will have) a humiliating penalty."

May Allah (swt) forgive us. Ameen

(say Ameen)

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Ameen thumma ameen ya rabbul alameen

------
04-22-2007, 11:27 AM

Ameen.

I dunno...I'm still...Not that I don't want to do it...Its just well...There are 2 conflicting opinions...I hate it when that happens...Why can't people agree on one thing?!

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Better safe than sorry, but its hard :'(

Fam probs and job probs and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argh!!!

*wana move to Yemen/indonesia* lol (inshaAllah)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Ameen.

I dunno...I'm still...Not that I don't want to do it...Its just well...There are 2 conflicting opinions...I hate it when that happens...Why can't people agree on one thing?!

do you think the beautiful sahabiyaat would walk around exposed when its known that they would cut just a small slit in a cloak to see?
or ukhtee do you perhaps think the evidence stronger besides the evidence of the madhaahib?

i'd like to make this dua once again inshaAllah:

may Allah continue to guide this ummah and all its sisters.
May he lift any traces of doubt in our hearts.
May we openly accept the clear truth with proof.

Ameen thumma Ameen !

I hope im not coming across aggressive :X :X

Ukhtee i know your sincere, so inshaAllah do whats right.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
Better safe than sorry, but its hard :'(

Fam probs and job probs and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argh!!!

*wana move to Yemen/indonesia* lol (inshaAllah)
i thought about all this when i started wearing full sunnah clothing and beard, guess what though, now the love and respect i get from my peers is so... subhanAllah.

why do we look for pleasure in other places besides the obediance of Allah when Allah has promised happiness to those in his obedience for eternity in jannah...?

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Ahh atleast your understanding and the only brother who bothered to take a look and help out in this thread, mashaAllah & jazakAllah

jazakAllah to invisible Iqramah too

:'(

May Allah continue to guide this ummah and all its sisters.
May he lift any traces of doubt in our hearts.
May we openly accept the clear truth with proof.
Ameen
Thummah Ameen
Ya Rabbil Al ameen

Peace. AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i thought about all this when i started wearing full sunnah clothing and beard, guess what though, now the love and respect i get from my peers is so... subhanAllah.

why do we look for pleasure in other places besides the obediance of Allah?
Yeah but London is full of Muslims :D

And Luton is full of tw@'s even the non-Muslims act like better Muslims, (speak for maself when i say tw@'s) :X

It's okay for a guy, you don't look like a burglar/terrorist or wah ever in ur jubbah's :rollseyes :thumbs_up

------
04-22-2007, 11:42 AM

MASSIVE family problems - no one wears niqaab in ma family/relatives!!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:43 AM
you know what the beautiful thing is, someone comes up to you almost everyday asking for help, lol why would they do that if they scared of you? see people dont fear muslims, they know we're gentle people :D

and ukhtee, i wud do this even if i was at scotland, i hav no doubt bout that lol

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:44 AM

imagine u wasnt muslim, n u kno u gtta revert but its like no-one else is muslim. You can eiva spread your dawah or succumb to their ways.

btw, i was the first person in my family to keep a beard too, and i had to take on all the arguments, after the first few it gets really really FUN :D

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:44 AM

in my fam, yeah they do...:exhausted

Ok ima shurruP now

And go cry

Peace. :laugh:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
in my fam, yeah they do...:exhausted

Ok ima shurruP now

And go cry

Peace. :laugh:
when i realised beard was obligatory i felt happy and hyper lol, wats all the tears about?

BE HAPPY, WE GOT ANOTHER WAY TO PLEASE ALLAH :D :D

------
04-22-2007, 11:50 AM

Yeh, but its hard, when ur parents dont want you to do it coz of society and NO ONE in the WHOLE of ur relatives does it :muddlehea

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 11:51 AM

Yeh, but its hard, when ur parents dont want you to do it coz of society and NO ONE in the WHOLE of ur relatives does it :muddlehea
IMAGINE THE REWARD FOR RE-IGNITING THIS BEAUTIFUL SUNNAH :D

you LUCKY sister yoU :D :D

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:52 AM

Now that's what i'm talking about :enough!:

Even ma mops is like no and shes a niqaabi, init :muddlehea:uuh::-\imsad:heated:

Maimunah
04-22-2007, 12:01 PM
:sl:

sis i kno how u feel coz i was in ur possition once. i thought tp maself wat if i find on the day of judgement that it was wajiib!!! so in order to be the safe side, its better to wear it so that on qiyamah if its wajiib then ur safe, if not then u will be rewarded. ur a WINNER both sides.

:w:

Maimunah
04-22-2007, 12:02 PM

none of ma family wear it. i go to a college where am the only only one who wears it. its hard but the reward is huge inshaAllah.

------
04-22-2007, 12:03 PM

Could someone give me starting tips Inshaa Allaah? I mean mentally preparing myself?
And if I do it secretly from my family, would that be wrong? Like obviously I couldn't do it to relatives house, but to college?

ummzayd
04-22-2007, 12:36 PM
:sl: :sl:

have you ppl seen al-muhajabah on the net, aka the niqabi paralegal. she has some great articles and food for thought.

http://www.muhajabah.com/niqabdalils.htm

Al-Zaara
04-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Asselamu aleykum,

According to the Hanafi madhab, if I remember correctly, it is obligatory if the woman is very beautiful, otherwise it's recommended.

http://www.muhajabah.com/finalrule.htm

Having face and hands show, is not a sin and that is the Hijab. Now this dispute about Niqaab has yet to be solved and great Imams haven't come to an agreement and they've got so many details in both sides, Allahu Aleem this dispute may continue until the Day of Judgment.

Abu Hurairah (radhiallâhu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam) said, “Religion (Islam) is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by offering the prayers in the mornings, afternoons and during the last hours of the nights.” (Bukhâri 1/38)

Now to you. Listen religion is not suppoused to be hard, so don't make it hard on yourself, do what you feel most comfortable with, follow the Shariah and Sunnah (Islam) and lastly, Allahu Aleem.

ummzayd
04-22-2007, 12:41 PM

woah! masha'allah sis we both posted the same website at the same time. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 01:25 PM
According to the Hanafi madhab, if I remember correctly, it is obligatory if the woman is very beautiful, otherwise it's recommended.

^ lol yes ukhtee i mentioned this already in a previous post

------
04-22-2007, 01:25 PM

Could someone give me starting tips Inshaa Allaah? I mean mentally preparing myself?
And if I do it secretly from my family, would that be wrong? Like obviously I couldn't do it to relatives house, but to college?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2007, 01:31 PM
lol sis its pretty hard to do it secretly dont you thiNK?

as for mentally preparing, just think about akhirah, think about Allah, think about the sahabiyaat.

and then remember that nothin matters but Allahs pleasure :D.

but ukhtee try your best to properly feel proud about it and be confident! you dont want the first person that attacks you to completely weaken you!
you gotta stay strong, may Allah help us all!!

Al-Zaara
04-22-2007, 03:06 PM

^ lol yes ukhtee i mentioned this already in a previous post
Asselamu aleykum,

Yes, akhi I know. Just thought I too should say it.

lol sis its pretty hard to do it secretly dont you thiNK?

as for mentally preparing, just think about akhirah, think about Allah, think about the sahabiyaat.

and then remember that nothin matters but Allahs pleasure :D.

but ukhtee try your best to properly feel proud about it and be confident! you dont want the first person that attacks you to completely weaken you!
you gotta stay strong, may Allah help us all!!
Take his advice, inshaAllah. He said pretty much everything I would have said (yet again). :D

BlissfullyJaded
04-22-2007, 06:15 PM

Maybe it won't be easy for them accept right away, and most probably those who you love most and are closest to will turn against you, but thats all part of the plan. You can either sit back and fear your parent's and family's reaction, or you can prepare yourself for it and be able to answer them in a polite yet firm way. By fearing their reaction, you won't get yourself anywhere, and the longer you fear them, the more things Shaytan will whisper for you to fear. But if you stay strong about it and defend yourself, you'll end up gaining their respect for your strength.

Remember that they only care about you, and after a while inshaAllah they will come around.

Stay strong and do what you believe in for the sake of Allah.

Umm Yoosuf
04-23-2007, 10:39 AM

There are difference of opinions amongest the 'Ulimah on this issue. Also this subject has come up a number of times on the forum please use the search facility :)

Thread closed!

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-30-2007, 10:12 AM

Sorry I know this thread is closed, but I just wanted to quickly add something....

Ukhtee, as with everything, it's hard at first. But trust me, after the first few days it's like a breeze - you won't even feel alien when you go out. SubhanAllah, you feel the rahmah of Allah upon you. And you get so much respect from other people when you go out, even from the kuffar. You'll find people are offering their seats for you on the bus, and things of that sort. But best of all, if your intention is sincere then you would be earning the pleasure of Allah.:)

As for your family, that's the case with most sisters. My sister told me things like 'You can't go out by yourslef any more!'. It scared me at first, but that was a complete exaggeration. It's not as dangerous as people make out, and the kuffar are not as aggressive and intolerant towards it as the media make out. Most people will just stare, and that's it. Alhamdulillah no one has ever lifted hand against me or even said a word. And even if they did, wouldn't I just be following the sunnah of the sahaba? What's the point of reading the seerah if you're not going to act upon what you learn, right?

My father was completely against it a while ago, but alhamdulillah his heart has warmed towards it.:) Now he says that he's happy that I wear it. So make lot's of du'a, and remember;

As for those who fear their Lord unseen, for them is Forgiveness and a great Reward. [67:12]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.