/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non Muslims all in Hell?

ummzayd
04-22-2007, 12:15 PM
:sl: :sl:

I've been looking at some old threads and noticed one on this subject. There were a lot of references saying that those who reject faith (ie reject Islam) will be in the Fire etc.

Many new Muslims feel absolutely desolate to be told this and simply cannot understand how their beloved parent/grandparent/offspring will 'burn in hell for eternity'. I would ask all you Muslims to understand that it's a very sensitive subject and can take some time before the new Muslim feels at peace with this issue.

my grandmother was born at the turn of the previous century in Ireland and died more than 20 years ago. She never met a Muslim in her life as far as I know. If I wrote here a few details of her life it would make most of you cry. she raised me and my siblings and gave us her love and protection which were sorely needed, and she had faith in God. Although her religion was catholicism she did not have any 'mary fixation' and I only ever heard her pray to God. However undoubtedly she did have confusion about Jesus a.s. and the Trinity. How would she not, given the time and place in which she lived?

I don't accept assurances from any Muslim that her ultimate destination is Hellfire. Allah ta'ala is the Judge and only He knows what is in the hearts of us all. She prayed a lot in her final months, and who knows what answers she got or what understanding she may have come to before death, by the Grace of Allah ta'ala.

Personally, alhamdulillah I have absolute confidence that Allah swt is the Most Just of Judges, and will not do the least injustice to any one of us. This is why I am now at peace with this subject.

Also, I would like to remind everyone (including myself) not to be dismissive of those who are rejecting Islam but ask ourselves whether we are giving them the best example and truly conveying the beautiful message in the most beautiful way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
04-22-2007, 12:19 PM
:wasalamex

I think the opinion is that those who didn't hear the message or never got it conveyed to them clearly in this world may be tested on the Day of Judgement by Allaah, and Allaah knows best what that test will be.

But yeah you are right sister, only Allaah knows who will go to the fire or paradise - so we shouldn't mention names unless its stated in Qur'an or Authentic Sunnah.

:salamext:

Confucius
04-22-2007, 12:20 PM
salamunalikum sister,
this is where humility comes into action, as muslims we do not look down upon a non beliver or even a murderer, we may dislike their acts but we shouldnt ever think we are better than them for it may be us who dies in the state of kufr and they die in the a state of the highest imaan.

and about your grandmother, if the message didnt reach her at all, then she will be judged accordingly by Allah (SWT) on the day of ressurection. as muslims we cannot judge what will hapen to her, Allah knows best...

yigiter187
04-22-2007, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex

I think the opinion is that those who didn't hear the message or never got it conveyed to them clearly in this........

then whose duty-do you think- is it to tell them, to make them hear ALLAH ,MOHAMMED ,İSLAM... BECASUE LAST MESSENGER CAME AND WENT FROM THİS WORLD AND THERE WİLL BE NO İN FUTURE?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
04-22-2007, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yigiter187
then whose duty-do you think- is it to tell them, to make them hear ALLAH ,MOHAMMED ,İSLAM... BECASUE LAST MESSENGER CAME AND WENT FROM THİS WORLD AND THERE WİLL BE NO İN FUTURE?

It is our duty as muslims to spread the message to those who havn't ever heard of it. :) And yes - Allaah's final Messenger is Muhammad (peace be upon him) who came as a Messenger for all of mankind until the day of judgement.

yigiter187
04-22-2007, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

It is our duty as muslims to spread the message to those who havn't ever heard of it. :) And yes - Allaah's final Messenger is Muhammad (peace be upon him) who came as a Messenger for all of mankind until the day of judgement.
BUT HOW? THERE ARE SO MANY TRİBES NOT REACHED YET FOR THE NAME OF İSLAM IN AFRİCA IN AMERİCA?
HOW CAN THEY BE REACHED..HOW CAN WE TELL THEM ALLAH?

ahm001
04-22-2007, 05:17 PM
salams
i agree.. i belive we havnt been sent to send ppl to hell ,so we shud refrain from making remarks about individuals. yes those whose kufr has been proven by daleel kat-ee will go to hell as it is proven they died without iman. the answer to y a kafir will dwell in hell forever is quite simple as it is in the knowledge of allah that had this person been given a longer life e..g million years he wud still not accept faith. if some1 kidnapped a king for only 1 min he wudnt b sent to prison just for 1 min. teh punishment must fit the crime .however we make dua every1 dies with imaan and enjoy jannah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.