Salamualikum
Anyone can help me?

Explain the meaning of Fitna in detailed inshallah

Ma'assalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
04-24-2007, 08:34 PM
try google.com:p

na lol, its hard to translate i would say it means a trial, lik bad trial/test or a bad period of time

Kittygyal
04-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Salamualikum.
I did for your concerns but some next level came up erm didn't even know the meaning of words.

Well can you give me some examples what causes Fitna inshallah

Ma'assalama

chacha_jalebi
04-24-2007, 08:47 PM
one of the 1st fitnah ummah faced was durin the times of hadhrat Uthman (radi Allah anhu) khilifat. cause the riots and his murder, so that would be a example of fitna

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
04-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Salamualikum.
Yes. I know that like whats the term used as 'Fitna' meaning? etc etc etc Oh man i need bro Fisa... in this threads where's he at when you need him
Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
:salamext:

Fitnah is like a trial or tribulation, what's going on in the muslim world today is a big fitnah aswell.

The word Fitnah comes from the root word: Fitaan, and that's the job of the blacksmiths [the ones who heat metal.] What the blacksmiths do is that they get metals, and they burn them at a really high temperature, and then they separate between the good part of the metal (like gold for example) and the bad (like the waste metal.)

The same way Allaah tests us through trials, and then this test distinguishes between the true believers who have strong faith in Allaah [and their like the gold metal - precious] - whereas the waste metal is like the people who pretended to be believers, and never really placed their trust in Allaah, so they failed the test/trial/fitnah they went through.

Allaah says in the Qur'an:

Alif. Lam. Mim.

Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?

We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.

[Qur'an Surah Ankaboot (The Spider) 29: 1-3]
Do you understand? And Allaah knows best.

Uthman
04-24-2007, 09:24 PM
:sl:

Yeah, I really like bro Fi_Sabilillah's explanation. Except I think it is actually the blacksmith themselves who are referred to linguistically as Fataan as they separate gold from it's impurities i.e. the good from the bad.

I'm not very well-versed in Arabic so forgive me if I am wrong, but I think Fitaan is the plural of Fitnah whereas the word Fataan is the one who causes fitnah.

And Allah knows best

:w:

tomtomsmom
04-24-2007, 09:29 PM
I am confused............I thought fitnah was the result of men and women free-mixing. Sexual desires and such? So if it isn't that then what is the word that I thought this one was?

- Qatada -
04-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey.

It's a trial really, so the trial between men and women is also a form of test. For example Prophet Yusuf [Joseph] went through a great trial when the beautiful women approached him, that in itself was a fitnah as it was a test/trial for him from Allaah to see how he would react.

He had one of two options; 1) Approach her and commit sin or 2) Turn away and go to jail.

No. 1 was a sin, and if someone commited that they would have failed the test/trial. Prophet Yusuf seeked refuge from falling into that so Allaah saved him.

No. 2 was what he chose, due to that he went to prison for a while - and Allaah brought a great good through this trial, after years of patience he became the king of all of Egypt.

So wealth can be a fitnah, women can, children can also. Since someone may prefer these over what Allaah has commanded them to do. I.e. they might be attatched to wealth and therefore not pay the Zakaah for example. So it is a trial from Allaah to them.

I hope you understand, and Allaah knows best.

Umm Yoosuf
04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
^^^

I am confused............
:p

Remember I told you last night that the Arabic Language is very comprehensive. When it comes to translating a word of the English language, it has more than one meaning. Fitnah can also mean temptation, trial etc

tomtomsmom
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Ok so I think I have it................ONE of the meanings is the temptation but it can also mean a trial. Isn't that what jihad means too??

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread!!

- Qatada -
04-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Jihad means struggle and it comes from the word Jaahada, to strive ones utmost.

Qur'an Surah Luqman: 31:15

Yusuf Ali: "But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), and follow the way of those who turn to me (in love): in the end the return of you all is to Me, and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did."

Transliteration: Wa-in jahadaka AAala antushrika bee ma laysa laka bihi AAilmun fala tutiAAhumawasahibhuma fee addunya maAAroofanwattabiAA sabeela man anaba ilayya thumma ilayyamarjiAAukum faonabbi-okum bima kuntum taAAmaloon

Regards.

SirZubair
04-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Fitna is an Arabic word for civil war, disagreement, division within Islam. The word also includes the idea of drawing someone away from God. It is often believed that having men and women in congregation together or having women as imams can be a cause of fitna and thus is used as a reason for its disallowance.

- according to Wikipedia

Musalmaan
04-25-2007, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum
Anyone can help me?

Explain the meaning of Fitna in detailed inshallah

Ma'assalama

:sl:

fitnah, which can neither be avoided nor accepted, in which one can neither able to say YES nor NO, in which its hard to move forward and hard to get back,
to conclude,
in which it is difficult to know and remain in aitedaal (middle path, siraat-e-mustaqeem).

Since the martyrdom of second caliph of Islam, Muraad-e-Rasool, Umar bin Khattab (may Allah pleased with him),
the fitnah had erupted and intact into ummah ever then and many prominent Islamic personalities were shaheed by the fitnah that had erupted within their times.

Umer bin Khattab r.a was the wall for all the fitnah, and since the day that wall was broken the ummah is inflicted with fitnah ever after.

there are prophetic dua to ask Allah to be saved from all sorts of fitnah.

Hemoo
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
i want to add what the scholars say (and please one of the brothers correct me if he can explain it better then me)

There are two types of Fitnah that is confronting the muslim which are:

1-Fitnat shubuhat:
which means that muslims understand the verses of the Quran or Sunna wrong and act upon the wrong understanding they got, and can also refer to someone having suspicions about a certain verse because he didn't understand it right. or a wrong idea that makes someone think and act wrongly.

2-Fitnat shahawat:
Which means the temptations that can lead someone to go astray like money and wealth or looking to women or being famous ,etc

and as scholars say that satan (shaytan) uses both of those types to make people go to hell and make them astray from the right path.

Kittygyal
04-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Salamualikum.
Shukran everyone
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.