/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haram for Wife not to tell Husband when She is Pregnant & being Divorced

FatimaAsSideqah
04-27-2007, 02:24 PM
:salamext:

Very good one verse in the Quran!

The Noble Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:228

"...it is not lawful for them to conceal what Allâh has created in their wombs"

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
04-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Asselamu aleykum,

Ooh interesting!

I can't then surprise him? :confused: (Not after 9 months but like one week after...)

Pk_#2
04-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Ahh man das embaressing,

coz then they go and tell the whole neighbourhood..

^^majority that is :o|

Peace

FatimaAsSideqah
04-27-2007, 02:35 PM
:sl:

Yes very interesting..yestersday I went to Islamic Class for study the Quran..my female scholar told us what that verse mean..we are bit surprised!

I have to accepted by what Allah Ta'ala told!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
04-27-2007, 02:42 PM

I think the verse is in regard to the time when the woman is about to be divorced [during the time when she is going through the 'iddah], and Allaah knows best.

It's explained in the tafsir ibn kathir:
http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=2&tid=6056

NoName55
04-27-2007, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Asselamu aleykum,

Ooh interesting!

I can't then surprise him? :confused: (Not after 9 months but like one week after...)

In my humble opinion, Thread starter's teacher has taken a part of an Ayah and misconstrued it.

when you are seperating or divorcing, then it is haraam for you to conceal a pregnancy from your ex spouse. In normal life it is impossible to hide it behond a few days or weeks. Wa Allah Aalim wa Salaam Alaikum

P.S. I can't see any harm in witholding for a week or 2 whether to ascertain the pregnancy or to reveal it at a pleasant time (as a good surprise)

NoName55
04-27-2007, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I think the verse is in regard to the time when the woman is about to be divorced [during the time when she is going through the 'iddah], and Allaah knows best.

It's explained in the tafsir ibn kathir:
http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=2&tid=6056
:wasalamex
we are of the same mind my Brother :)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-27-2007, 02:44 PM

MashAllah! Thank for that, Brother Fi-Sab!

Is my title right name for this thread?

- Qatada -
04-27-2007, 02:47 PM

I think the title might be that she can't hide her pregnancy or periods during the time when she is getting divorced [in the 'iddah period.]

I'm not sure if it's allowed to hide the pregnancy if the husband and wife are still married though. Allaah knows best.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-27-2007, 02:48 PM

I have another to tell you something..about Iddah of widows:

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 29.83

Yahya related to me from Malik from Abdu Rabbih ibn Said ibn Qays that Abu Salama ibn Abd ar-Rahman said that Abdullah ibn Abbas and Abu Hurayra were asked when a pregnant woman whose husband had died could remarry. Ibn Abbas said, "At the end of two periods." Abu Hurayra said, "When she gives birth, she is free to marry." Abu Salama ibn Abd ar-Rahman visited Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and asked her about it Umm Salama said, ''Subaya al-Aslamiya gave birth half a month after the death of her husband, and two men asked to marry her. One was young and the other was old. She preferred the young man and so the older man said, 'You are not free to marry yet.' Her family were away and he hoped that when her family came, they would give her to him. She went to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he said, 'You are free to marry, so marry whomever you wish.' "

Woodrow
04-27-2007, 02:55 PM

I see a difference between not concealing something and of advertising something.

To conceal you have to take an active part to be certain somebody does not know.

In my understanding a pregnant woman is not required to tell the world she is pregnant, but she can not deny it if for some reason it is necessary for someone to know.

My understanding. Astagfirullah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.