View Full Version : Arabicizing Windows Applications To Read And Write Arabic

Skillganon
04-27-2007, 11:45 PM
ARABIC WINDOWS:

ARABICIZING WINDOWS APPLICATIONS TO READ AND WRITE ARABIC

al-Husein N. Madhany[1]

The University of Chicago

ABSTRACT

A major obstacle in the teaching of Arabic as a foreign language has been the dearth of technological resources available for both teacher and student. This article is the first step in filling this niche by providing the teacher, student, and home computer user with the ability to access Arabic on the Internet and to word-process in Arabic, irrespective of their current computer operating system and software versions. This article is technical in nature. It provides detailed instructions for enabling reading and typing Arabic capabilities within: 1) all Microsoft Windows operating system versions, 2) the latest and most common versions of Microsoft Word and WordPerfect, and 3) Internet web browsers such as Netscape Navigator, Mozilla, and Internet Explorer.

Full Article: http://www.uga.edu/islam/arabic_windows.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
04-28-2007, 12:36 AM
thanks for this. because it's long, i'll check it out later.
i have been known to spend hours fighting with word because it either the font reverts back or it will suddenly turn the letters around - it drives me nuts. i wonder if the new word 2007 will have repented from its evil ways?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.