/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Compatible Free Office Suite (Multilingual)

NoName55
04-28-2007, 12:45 AM
OpenOffice.org 2 - Product Description

Compatible with other major office suites, OpenOffice.org is free to download, use, and distribute.

Download it now, and get:

Writer – a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.

Calc – a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyse, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.

Impress – the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.

Draw – lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.

Base – lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within OpenOffice.org

Math – lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.

Why OpenOffice.org?

OpenOffice.org is synonymous with quality
  • the roots of OpenOffice.org go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
  • hundreds of thousands of users participated in the beta testing of version 2
  • independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
  • with a fully open development process, OpenOffice.org has nothing to hide - the product stands or falls on its reputation
OpenOffice.org is easy to use
  • the software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
  • it’s easy to change to OpenOffice.org - the software reads all major competitors’ files
  • few language barriers - if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
  • OpenOffice.org is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, only too happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
OpenOffice.org is free software
  • you may download OpenOffice.org completely free of any licence fees
  • install it on as many PCs as you like
  • use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial...
  • pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.
OpenOffice.org is standards compliant - certified by OSI as open-standard compliant, and the first software package in the world to use OASIS OpenDocument Format (ISO 26300) as its native file format.

Find out more or try it today!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
04-29-2007, 12:03 PM
:sl:

Wow, JazakAllah khair this may come in handy one day.

:w:

'Abd al-Baari
04-29-2007, 12:16 PM

wow..that looks cool :D:D
Jazakallah Khair for sharing
will it work with vista:?

afriend
04-29-2007, 01:40 PM
It works with Vista :D

http://download.openoffice.org/common/instructions.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
04-29-2007, 01:43 PM

yeh i just downloaded it now :D
its okay :D

The Ruler
04-29-2007, 02:50 PM

you post up so many freewares...they're pretty cool...but i wonder if you can link me to a freeware that actually blocks pop-ups?

jazakalla khair

NoName55
04-29-2007, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Malik

you post up so many freewares...they're pretty cool...but i wonder if you can link me to a freeware that actually blocks pop-ups?

jazakalla khair
:wasalamex

That would depend on what browser you are using ,Sister.

in the meantime, you could use a combination of Microsoft Internet explorer v7 (built in popup blocker and tabs) and Windows defender(spy blocker).

or
Mozzila Firefox (built in popup blocker and tabs)

en-GB/

en-US/

or
Microsoft compatible Avant Browser (built in popup blocker and tabs)

http://www.avantbrowser.com/download.html

The Ruler
04-29-2007, 03:24 PM

^ i use IE v7...and it sucks at popup blocking even when the setting is set to block all pop ups

NoName55
04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Malik

^ i use IE v7...and it sucks at popup blocking even when the setting is set to block all pop ups

IE v7 does not suck at popup blocking.

Question: I don't want to see pop-ups, even if they are opened when I click a link or button on a website. Can I set Internet Explorer to block all pop-ups?

Answer: Yes. Follow these steps:
To block all pop-ups
  1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, click Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
  2. Under Filter level, select High: Block all pop-ups, and then click Close.
If you want to see pop-ups that are blocked when you have this setting turned on, hold down CTRL + ALT while the window opens.

Question: I turned on Pop-up Blocker but I still see some pop-ups. Why?

Answer:
The following are some common reasons why you might still be seeing pop-ups:
  • You might have software, such as adware or spyware, on your computer that is opening pop-up windows. To stop these pop-ups, you will have to identify the software that is opening them, and then remove it or change its settings to stop it from opening pop-up windows. For information about detecting and removing adware and spyware, see Spyware: frequently asked questions.
  • Some windows with active content are not blocked.
  • Internet Explorer will not block pop-ups from websites that are in the Local intranet or Trusted sites content zones. If you want the pop-ups from these websites to be blocked, you have to remove the websites from these zones. For more information, see "Understanding security zones" in Related Topics in Windows helpfile.
  • Internet Explorer will not block pop-ups from sites that have been added to the list of sites you allow pop-ups from. To remove a website from your list of sites that allow pop-ups
    1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, click Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
    2. In the Address of website to allow box, click the website you want to remove from the list, and then click Remove.
    3. Repeat step 2 for every website you want to remove from the list of websites that can display pop-ups. When you are finished, click Close.
Ma'asalaama

NoName55
06-12-2007, 08:22 AM
OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute. OpenOffice.org is sponsored by Sun Microsystems, which is the primary contributor of code to the Project. Over 180,000 people from every nearly every curve of the globe have joined this Project with the idea of creating the best possible office suite that all can use. They do so under the auspices of "open source."

Download: OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 Final

vpb
06-12-2007, 08:28 AM
maybe the mods can change the name of the thread to

Microsoft Compitable Free Applications,
so we can post here all free applications that do the same job as microsoft's ones do.

NoName55
06-12-2007, 09:16 AM
^ no, make a new one

keep this one just for Office like free software e.g. word processors etc.

wasalaam

NoName55
09-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Download
OpenOffice.org 2.3.0 for Windows Final

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.