/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ok, this is getting ridiculous - another question for mods

bro_ali1
05-02-2007, 12:30 AM
about 10-20 mins ago, i made a new thread asking why my previouse post was deleted which can be located here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/comments...oderators.html

which was closed again my another mod without giving me a decent reply.

heres something to ponder upon before i leave.

i was told to look at this thread for reasons of why my thread might have been deleted:

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...on-closed.html

another link is given in that post which is:

http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...tml#post718524

none of them links explain the deletion of posts. they just mention cleaning/merging.

now can a mod please explain to me what ´cleaning´ is? what does the process involve?

i am a new member to this forum, so far i have posted about 5-6 posts. out of which 1 has already been deleted for no apparent reason.

i feel as if i cannot commit to a forum which believes they can just delete any thread they want without giving a valid excuse.

i send a pm to the mod Muezzin (who originally deleted my post), but got a reply back from mod Woodro who types:

[S]

There is no problem. If you read the very first thread in the World Affairs section, you will see that the section is under going some changes. we are in the process of revamping and cleaning up the section. Some posts and threads will be deleted as the section is cleaned up.

I have even had over 100 of my posts deleted from that section and expect to see many more deleted.

Once the section is thoroughly cleaned and brought back into shape the section will be greatly improved.[/S]

ok, if even a mod is having his/her threads deleted (this mod had 100 of his posts deleted) what guarantee is there that my posts will remain. Oh and i was told my post might have been off-topic, which i refute.

you guys need to organize, and prepare this forum better than it is at the moment. the history of the forum must be preserved for truth sake. You cannot just start deleting threads, i/people need them for reference.

Jazakallahcare for listening to my rant, and i will inshallah return once there are better devotees maintaining this forum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
05-02-2007, 12:34 AM
please understand - it is nothing personal at all. i can't post in world affairs now or answer a post either. no one can.
be patient. it is just forum housecleaning and has nothing to do with you.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
:sl:

They're making changes and stuff to the section or deleting stuff which needs deleting, like old threads and stuff. Be patient please. We all have to wait just the same.

:w:

BlissfullyJaded
05-02-2007, 12:39 AM
:sl:

Your one post which was deleted, was for a reason. If you want further details, contact brother Muezzin, and I'm sure he will reply inshaAllah. Just remember that at times we do get busy with other things, and although we try to answer PMs as soon as possibly, things come up which delay us.

As for the World Affairs forum, posts will be deleted as the moderators see appropriate as it is going through a clean up. The clean up is to remove any unneccessary posts / threads which go against the rules. Different posts are deleted for different reasons, so I cannot really provide you with the details, and if you need that feel free to ask the mod who deletes your posts.

Please have patience, and try to work with us, because we're trying our utmost to do what is best for the forum inshaAllah. Jazakallah khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bro_ali1
05-02-2007, 01:02 AM
as you can read bothers & sisters, this thread is dealing with a different issue than before. i don´t mind the world affairs thread being closed (i don´t care how long!), but i did mind that my thread (and many others) that have been deleted in the process of cleaning/merging.

snakelegs told me its nothing personal, nothing more than housecleaning... yet Alpha Dude tells me its got nothing to do with the cleaning up process but was a normal procedure.

i am arguing about the preservation of the forum, not that the world affairs thread is closed.

bro_ali1
05-02-2007, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Look brother, no offence at all when I say this, but you really are making a mountain out of a mole-hill...

Your specific post was not deleted due to the house-cleaning process. It's absurd to think we'd be going through every single post of every single thread in the World Affairs section, that's like 200 pages worth of threads and Allah knows how many posts lol.

No, your post was deleted as a result of the moderation that happens on a usual day-to-day basis, we as mods act when we see anything which goes against forum rules, it's as simple as that.

And like we've been repeatedly telling you, I, nor any of the other mods currently online can give you a reason on why your post was deleted, so it's in your best interest to just wait for brother Muezzin to reply to your PM!
no offense taken brother. i googled the phrase ¨mountain out of a mole-hill¨ because i did not know what u meant, and i got the following definition:

To blow an issue or event out of proportion: “You have only a small blister on your heel, but you complain as though you broke your leg. Why are you making a mountain out of a molehill?”

jazakallah. i can see your point, but please also see mine.

i don´t think i am blowing up anything :exhausted

also i am not asking for answers off you guys, i have already pm´d the mod and i am patiently waiting for the reply. Please make it CLEAR somewhere on your forums that posts do get deleted, sometimes even by accident when cleaning/merging, as mod Woodro said.

Muslim Woman
05-02-2007, 02:15 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

How we are supposed to know that we can't post in World Affairs ? Was there any notice or pm ?

I was also wondering why can't i post anything in Amercia , we feel ur pain , do u feel ours ? OK , now i know . Thanks . How long will it take to open ?

snakelegs
05-02-2007, 02:34 AM
muslim woman,
check the sticky at the top of the world affairs page - that has the announcement.
in the meanwhile - enjoy the peace!

Muslim Woman
05-02-2007, 02:58 AM

Salaam/peace ,

Code:
Alpha Dude 
^ Should take 7-8 more days max inshaAllah!
HTML Code:
snakelegs 

muslim woman,

check the sticky at the top of the world affairs page - that has the announcement.

in the meanwhile - enjoy the peace!
thanks for the replies.....going for peace :statisfie , Insha Allah

Muezzin
05-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Whoah.

My apologies for not PM'ing you sooner, bro_ali1. I've literally just logged in.

As part of the clean-up of the World Affairs section, we're targeting posts that are off-topic, or otherwise breaking the rules. We usually do this by deleting chains of off-topic posts - that is, the original offending post, and all replies to it. We're not picking on anyone, it's just if it has nothing to do with the thread, it's going, regardless of who posted it.

This sort of deletion of off-topic posts is quite normal in World Affairs where threads have a knack for getting side-tracked. Now that it's temporarily closed, it gives us more of a chance to delete irrelevant posts and keep the ones that are discussing the topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.