PDA

View Full Version : Whats your toughest GCSE subject?



aadil77
05-06-2007, 01:46 PM
:sl:

Is anyone doing gcse economics? I think it will be the hardest exam

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Salamualikum.
double award International Community Technology :p
Ma'assalama
Reply

S_87
05-06-2007, 08:11 PM
:sl:

i did gcses many light years ago but i found chem and physics tough because i just dont get that kind of stuff.
Reply

ibrarfaiz
05-06-2007, 08:43 PM
em dont do economics, but well ICT is an easy exam i got a high B in mine but im predicated an A i find that history is the hardest exam i got 5 a stars in my coursework ma shallah but in the exam i fear i will might only get a C or something cos its difficult
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Salamualikum.
^ You mean merit right in ICT? but your aspirational is a disticntion right?
Mashallah gud luck, i hate History worse subject ever so drop it loool Nah don't listen to snowy :X
Ma'assalama
Reply

Al-Hanbali
05-06-2007, 08:52 PM
:salamext:

ICT is simple enough if you're doing the Double Award, because basically all you have to know is how to use MS Office.
Reply

mujahidah..
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Walaikum assalam.....yep thas true.... i did ICT double award...quite easy :)
ummmmmmm i found history quite hard tho...
Reply

Aaqib Ahmed
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Salaamz,mine was english back in the days,lol.
w.s.
Reply

ibrarfaiz
05-06-2007, 09:16 PM
yh history is quite hard i wanna get an a though because i got a stars in my coursework

in english i got 5 a stars in coursework my teacher preducted me a b and c though but then when other teachers read my work there like wow masterpiece im a bit confused lol

oh yh goegraphy is quite hard
Reply

ummAbdillah
05-06-2007, 09:18 PM
salaam
for me, Maths is simply the toughest because it
requires so much revision! English is the best!!
w/salaam
Reply

Al-Hanbali
05-06-2007, 09:24 PM
:salamext:

I personally think English is the hardest subject.
Reply

Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Salamualikum.
^ english you must be kidding me right? English is the easiet i personaly think Maths as i am dull on maths
Ma'assalama
Reply

Aaqib Ahmed
05-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Salaamz,
maths,lol,thats easy. :P
Based on what your good at really.I find maths easy so got an A* in that.English a C. :D

w.s.
Reply

H4RUN
05-06-2007, 09:38 PM
ICT GNVQ was piece of cake if you did everything on time and not leave it to the last minute like my mates and moi, the last day for each portfolio was the most stressful, no doubt... Formula's for physics got to me then, as did many things lol alhumdulillah didnt fail anything:D
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-06-2007, 09:43 PM
da sciences.. :X lol
Reply

jzcasejz
05-06-2007, 09:45 PM
The hardest for me was Maths. Failed the MAIN terminal exam...failed ALL my modules...but still somehow got a C... dunno how that works out.

Science was hard aswell...
Reply

ibrarfaiz
05-07-2007, 05:55 AM
science is hard cos u need to put alot of revision to it
Reply

Maarya
05-07-2007, 12:25 PM
:sl:
i HATE english, its the hardest, i just cant do it!!! and science i'm not too fond of either....i work better with numbers lol
Reply

The Ruler
05-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Maarya
i HATE english, its the hardest, i just cant do it!!! and science i'm not too fond of either....i work better with numbers lol
but you got a B in the last essay we did?

tough subject? --> PE.

:w:
Reply

strider
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I didn't find any of my subjects hard, Alhamdullilah. I think it's just a question of how much effort we are prepared to put into working; determination and dedication to succeed will go a long way.
Reply

Strzelecki
05-10-2007, 10:17 AM
VCE History.
Ugh! For tis killing me. :( :P
Reply

muzna
05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
is GSCE O levels? in that case, English Literature..
Reply

aadil77
05-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Aaqib Ahmed
Salaamz,
maths,lol,thats easy. :P
Based on what your good at really.I find maths easy so got an A* in that.English a C. :D

w.s.
:sl:
Same here i got A* in maths but c grades in english, i hate english can't stand it
:w:
Reply

jannat
05-13-2007, 06:10 PM
:sl:

From my experience, GCSE mathematics and History were tough. i think that they are all hard in their own way to some extent.
Reply

enaya
05-14-2007, 06:13 PM
**** maths failed last yr maybe failing this yr gosh i m dreading the exams but hey its edexcel there good peepz at times lolzz
Reply

- IqRa -
06-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Geography.
Reply

true believer
06-12-2009, 04:05 PM
personally, im really really awful at maths, althought there are some things im ok at. but its one of them for me. also SCIENCE ^^ totally agree. HATE HATE HATE science, but tryna force myself to revise...ugh i hate education...all of it. but to get to where i wanna be den i have to go through it.
Reply

GuestFellow
06-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I did my GCSE. I did...all right. I get the feeling my parents were not too pleased. Hard to please anyone now a days.

The hardest was GCSE Law but I enjoyed studying it. I achieved an Grade A.
Reply

Faith.
06-12-2009, 05:06 PM
:sl:
Personaly I found English Litrature the hardest :skeleton:

:w:
Reply

Banu_Hashim
06-12-2009, 05:10 PM
At GCSE? French! How I hated that subject.
Reply

The Ruler
06-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Ah... How nostalgic. I'd said PE before and just now, seeing this thread, I though PE again.

I absolutely loved maths and history. Loved my teacher, who could make the most boring things -Munich Putsch (sp?)- fun. English Literature was relatively easy. Since we were spoonfed.

... And how I wish Maar was here to reminiscent.
Reply

Banu_Hashim
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
Ah... How nostalgic. I'd said PE before and just now, seeing this thread, I though PE again.

I absolutely loved maths and history. Loved my teacher, who could make the most boring things -Munich Putsch (sp?)- fun. English Literature was relatively easy. Since we were spoonfed.

... And how I wish Maar was here to reminiscent.
I used to like Maths... before A-Level. Those were the days...
Reply

The Ruler
06-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I used to like Maths... before A-Level. Those were the days...
Ohohoho~ C3 for me wasn't so bad. In fact, in all honesty, I quite loved the paper. And I also had the pleasure of completing a math I first had difficulty with. So yah.
Reply

Banu_Hashim
06-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
Ohohoho~ C3 for me wasn't so bad. In fact, in all honesty, I quite loved the paper. And I also had the pleasure of completing a math I first had difficulty with. So yah.
Well done! My C4 paper was incredibly hard. I've never seen a paper so hard. Not to discourage you or anything, lol.
Reply

The Ruler
06-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Well done! My C4 paper was incredibly hard. I've never seen a paper so hard. Not to discourage you or anything, lol.
No, that's not particularly discouraging. I don't have much confidence when it comes to C4, but it shouldn't be that bad. Besides, I'm looking for a C at A2 for maths to get an A in A-level. That shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully.
Reply

Banu_Hashim
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
No, that's not particularly discouraging. I don't have much confidence when it comes to C4, but it shouldn't be that bad. Besides, I'm looking for a C at A2 for maths to get an A in A-level. That shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully.
Woa, you must of done really well in AS.:thumbs_up
Reply

The Ruler
06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Woa, you must of done really well in AS.:thumbs_up
I did okay-ish. There's always room for improvement. But yeah, it was a pretty high A. Which is why I planned to focus on Chemistry and Biology this year, but it didn't work.
Reply

Yanal
06-13-2009, 09:32 PM
What does GCSE stand for? Good created standing elephant:? No but seriously what does it stand for?
Reply

The Ruler
06-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Yanal
No but seriously what does it stand for?
General Certificate for Secondary Education.
Reply

Güven
06-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh you mean like the final exams of the secondary education?
Reply

Banu_Hashim
06-13-2009, 10:00 PM
The final exams of compulsory secondary education, yes.
Reply

Yanal
06-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Oh so for extra credits so you can get scholarships etc?
Reply

Nájlá
06-13-2009, 10:04 PM
For me the toughest was graphics because i hated it and i didn't bother about it.

Maths was okay. Science i loved, English okay-ish, Art was the best, Religious Education was also the best too :p
Reply

Güven
06-13-2009, 10:05 PM
ahh I get it!

All them of them were relatively easy for me.

and since we are at it , what about C3 , A1 , C4 orsomething?
I get all confused when you guys mention those.

at first I thought C4?? Bombs?? are they talking about bombs ?? lol
Reply

Banu_Hashim
06-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
ahh I get it!

All them of them were relatively easy for me.

and since we are at it , what about C3 , A1 , C4 orsomething?
I get all confused when you guys mention those.

at first I thought C4?? Bombs?? are they talking about bombs ?? lol
Lol. C4 is short for "Core 4", which is module of A-Level Maths. Not exactly the best idea to talk about bombs is it?.. :p
Reply

Yanal
06-13-2009, 10:09 PM
^ what did you get bro?
Reply

Güven
06-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Lol. C4 is short for "Core 4", which is module of A-Level Maths. Not exactly the best idea to talk about bombs is it?.. :p
oh I see , so it's all about maths when you guys mention those ...bo...codes. :D
Reply

Yanal
06-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Math codes:? You guys made codes without telling me?
Reply

The Ruler
06-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Yanal
Math codes:? You guys made codes without telling me?
I'm going to suppose you forgot to add "I kid" at the end of the sentence.

I just began a Solomon Press C4, and I can't get beyond the second question. I forgot the art of expanding binomials. O_O
Reply

Bub
06-23-2009, 10:29 AM
I think mine would be maths- im sooo bad at it
Reply

Alim Apprentice
10-31-2009, 10:13 PM
English Lit for me :( Being forced to read and analyze works of absolutely no interest is absolute torture.
Reply

Supreme
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
History. Although I'm naturally good at it, I remember the coursework... always having to evaluate sources on Vietnam and cite their limitations. And then the ridiculous time you get in the exam, and those horrible 'How useful if this source?' questions...
Reply

GuestFellow
11-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Alim Apprentice
English Lit for me :( Being forced to read and analyze works of absolutely no interest is absolute torture.
Salaam

I can't stand Hamlet...so depressing.
Reply

Raphael
11-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Ahhhhh GCSE's what I'd give to return to those good ol days!
Reply

Ar-RaYYan
11-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam

I can't stand Hamlet...so depressing.
If you thought that was depressing good thing you didnt read King Lear. Very depressing.

Originally Posted Supreme
History. Although I'm naturally good at it, I remember the coursework... always having to evaluate sources on Vietnam and cite their limitations. And then the ridiculous time you get in the exam, and those horrible 'How useful if this source?' questions...
was it too long or short? I remember when i did my GCSE history we had rather long time to do the exam. Not that im complaining :D
Reply

Supreme
11-02-2009, 12:17 AM
was it too long or short? I remember when i did my GCSE history we had rather long time to do the exam. Not that im complaining
Far too short. It's literally a mark a minute. You can't waste any time looking at the question. I was well trained for it, and luckily got an A overall. But the history paper itself is really wierd, it has lots of sections and you're only meant to do around three questions from ONE section. Get the section wrong, you've messed up the exam.
Reply

sis muslimah
01-10-2012, 12:23 AM
hated english language ... eng lit was fine

loved maths and chemsitry :D
Reply

Periwinkle18
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
alhumdulillah done with my gce o'levels and A levels :) its been like 2 yrs now i think :P wow time flies
Reply

esperanza
01-10-2012, 12:31 PM
yes gcses a long long time ago,,i hated chemistry so much abd found it so hRD
Reply

aadil77
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
bloody hell, i've been here a long time, didn't even know this was my thread
Reply

Periwinkle18
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by aadil77
bloody hell, i've been here a long time, didn't even know this was my thread
haha :P

i loved physics though and of course islamiat... :)
Reply

sis muslimah
01-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
haha :P

i loved physics though and of course islamiat...
i hated physics at GCSE but guess what am doing it in A-level haha never thought that i would but a friend convinced me and its way more interesting at this stage than at GCSE :D
Reply

GuestFellow
01-21-2012, 11:50 PM
GCSES are so useless.
Reply

Aishath
01-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Salaam,

oh wow GCSEs were so long ago lol. I think it was a mix between Travel and Tourism or History perhaps.
Reply

joyous fairy
01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Aishath
Salaam,

oh wow GCSEs were so long ago lol. I think it was a mix between Travel and Tourism or History perhaps.
Travel and Tourism was not one of our options :( I would have done that lol, was it really that bad?

Id say my toughest one was Geography or Textiles, only because I joined the classes late (Cos we moved) and I didnt do the courseworks (there was a lot :p ) well enough.
Reply

Salahudeen
01-23-2012, 01:03 AM
Mine was Math
Reply

joyous fairy
01-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Mine was Math
:ooh: why? I liked GCSE Maths. The coursework was quite interesting. We werent allowed to take it home though cos it had to be done with supervision. One girl was allowed to take her home once lol. Favouritism or what!?
Reply

GuestFellow
01-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Maths is a problem-solving subject. Some people hate solving problems. I guess I'm one of them lol.
Reply

Salahudeen
01-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by joyous fairy

:ooh: why? I liked GCSE Maths. The coursework was quite interesting. We werent allowed to take it home though cos it had to be done with supervision. One girl was allowed to take her home once lol. Favouritism or what!?
For Math the foundation has to be there, I didn't learn anything in years 7 8 and 9 then was suddenly thrown into GCSE Math without knowing basic stuff. Teachers at my school didn't really check to see if each student understood and was upto date.
Reply

Ghazalah
01-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Salahudeen
For Math the foundation has to be there, I didn't learn anything in years 7 8 and 9 then was suddenly thrown into GCSE Math without knowing basic stuff. Teachers at my school didn't really check to see if each student understood and was upto date.
Ugh, same. Our class used to make the maths teacher cry! So you could imagine what the teaching was like in it :exhausted

As for the toughest, has to be biology, I have no idea how I got top marks in it when I completely hated it, tried so many times to pull a sicky to miss the class :p:
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-23-2012, 09:46 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum

Oh the good old days..

'back in the day' I used to hate english, maths was cool but the people in my class spoilt it.
Reply

GuestFellow
01-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Ugh, same. Our class used to make the maths teacher cry! So you could imagine what the teaching was like in it :exhausted

As for the toughest, has to be biology, I have no idea how I got top marks in it when I completely hated it, tried so many times to pull a sicky to miss the class :p:
Salaam,

I hate science too, especially Physics. The subject makes me depressed...seriously, it is torture for me. I failed physics/
Reply

sis muslimah
01-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by joyous fairy
why? I liked GCSE Maths. The coursework was quite interesting. We werent allowed to take it home though cos it had to be done with supervision. One girl was allowed to take her home once lol. Favouritism or what!?
you had maths coursework :o i cant even imagine what the coursework can be about :hmm: but i did enjoy maths in GCSEs but A-level another story :D
Reply

Salahudeen
01-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Ugh, same. Our class used to make the maths teacher cry! So you could imagine what the teaching was like in it :exhausted

As for the toughest, has to be biology, I have no idea how I got top marks in it when I completely hated it, tried so many times to pull a sicky to miss the class :p:
My class used to make my English teacher cry, my maths teacher just used to sit there and laugh and not teach when they would mess around which was very often.
Reply

GuestFellow
01-23-2012, 11:11 PM
It's so wrong to make other people cry. This is why I advocate corporal punishment. Teenagers need a good beating.
Reply

joyous fairy
01-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Maths is a problem-solving subject. Some people hate solving problems. I guess I'm one of them lol.
Lol, says the Mathmatician :p

Originally Posted by Salahudeen
For Math the foundation has to be there, I didn't learn anything in years 7 8 and 9 then was suddenly thrown into GCSE Math without knowing basic stuff. Teachers at my school didn't really check to see if each student understood and was upto date.
Oh right. Aaah you missed out, it is kind of interesting at GCSE level.

Originally Posted by sis muslimah
you had maths coursework :o i cant even imagine what the coursework can be about :hmm: but i did enjoy maths in GCSEs but A-level another story :D
Yep, one was about Football! And one was algebra and we had to figure out this formula, I really liked that coursework :statisfie

Originally Posted by Salahudeen
My class used to make my English teacher cry, my maths teacher just used to sit there and laugh and not teach when they would mess around which was very often.
;D In my school it was always ALWAYS the languages teachers crying, or being bullied. The Urdu teachers especially lol. And the French. They were funny though, once one guy was trying to be a smarty pants and started calling her a chien but she didnt even get it LOL.

Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
It's so wrong to make other people cry. This is why I advocate corporal punishment. Teenagers need a good beating.
:laugh: :yawn: :'(

(how comes some of the emoticons are labelled weirdly? Like those crying ones are labelled 'laugh' and 'yawn' :hmm: )
Reply

Txyib
01-24-2012, 12:40 AM
asalamualiukum
i think that no subject is hard if you put in the effort,i am currently doing maths foundation because i dont put effort and i am panicking as i have a test this Friday
any tips or solutions brothers or even sisters?
i think the best way is to make dua and plead to Allah
however media studies and i.c.t is easy
however science can be the most challenging
wasalualikum
Reply

sis muslimah
01-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Yep, one was about Football! And one was algebra and we had to figure out this formula, I really liked that coursework
sounds very interesting ya i heard that they use to do coursework but now strictly exams :D i dont mind it though :)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 01:48 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 01:24 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 12:46 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 09:28 PM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!