/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Costs of War: "What does $456 billion buy?"

islamirama
05-09-2007, 05:02 AM
The Costs of War: "What does $456 billion buy?" Need more perspective?

According to World Bank estimates, $54 billion a year would eliminate starvation and malnutrition globally by 2015, while $30 billion would provide a year of primary education for every child on earth.

At the upper range of those estimates, the $456 billion cost of the war could have fed and educated the world's poor for five and a half years.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ga...CostofWar?pg=9

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jannat
05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Salam,

the cost of war is not just financial, its also emotional, social etc. i agree with anyone who says that war is not the answer to the worlds problems and peace, democracy and justice is, but its funny how we all know the answers to the problem(s) but cant find ways of implementing these solutions. its easier said than done!

i just wanted to refer to the Northern Ireland peace process, for decades there has been problems between NI and Ireland, but yesterday may have been a turning point in history, when Mr Blair helped both sides negiotiate on the peace process, it made me think how Mr blair can bring hope for the people in NI and Ireland, but we as muslims are stil suffering, our ummah , the blessed ummah of Muhammed(S.A.W) is suffering in palestine , kashmir, iraq, etc,if peace talks can happen and actions can be taken to solve the northern ireland issue , so can freedom and peace prevail in our own countries Inshallah!!!

Yanal
08-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Well on the title of this thread is says what does this amount of money buy well here's my answer if i had that money first of all give more than halve in allah's name and then make a living out of it make mosques then i would have a mansion and that is why do people spend so much money on WARS. WAR HARMS PEACE and all muslims like peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.