/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi need some help with understanding Koran

ozzy
05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Hello, As sala'amu alaikum

I am what I guess you would call an agnostic, but I prefer the term “non-allied monotheist” ;).
Anyway, I have been studying Islam for some time now, and I have many question. I am hoping someone here can help me with them.

First let me say, that I do not think that the Koran is the word of god, but I don’t want to get into that now. My problem is that in

Sura 17.97 : And whomsoever Allah guides, he is the follower of the right way, and whomsoever He causes to err, you shall not find for him guardians besides Him; and We will gather them together on the day of resurrection on their faces, blind and dumb and deaf; their abode is hell; whenever it becomes allayed We will add to their burning.
and

Sura 5:41 it says: He whom Allah doom unto sin, thou wilt avail him naught against Allah. Those are they for whom the Will of Allah is that He cleanse not their hearts. Theirs in the world will be ignominy, and in the Hereafter an awful doom;

Sura 14.4 Allah makes whom He pleases err and He guides whom He pleases and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

Sura: 17:46 And we put coverings over their hearts and minds, lest they should understand the Koran, and we put deafness in their ears; when you commemorate your Lord (Allah) and Him alone in the Koran.

What I want to know is: Do I not believe in the Koran because God wills me not to? Did God create me to be an unbeliever? If he does this to test other believers, would God hold my unbelief against me since it is him who makes me do it? I don’t see how it would be fair to punish me forever when it was God who makes me not understand or believe in the Koran?

Any guidance would be great. Shukran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-13-2007, 04:24 AM
:w:

I dont think i could be good at answering your questions but I just wana ask... did u happen to be Muslim or u just know how to make the greeting etc..? Just curioussss. I find it interesting. You dont have to tell :)

:sl:

sevgi
05-13-2007, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ozzy

I am what I guess you would call an agnostic, but I prefer the term “non-allied monotheist” ;).
Anyway, I have been studying Islam for some time now, and I have many question. I am hoping someone here can help me with them.

First let me say, that I do not think that the Koran is the word of god, but I don’t want to get into that now. My problem is that in

Sura 17.97 : And whomsoever Allah guides, he is the follower of the right way, and whomsoever He causes to err, you shall not find for him guardians besides Him; and We will gather them together on the day of resurrection on their faces, blind and dumb and deaf; their abode is hell; whenever it becomes allayed We will add to their burning.
and

Sura 5:41 it says: He whom Allah doom unto sin, thou wilt avail him naught against Allah. Those are they for whom the Will of Allah is that He cleanse not their hearts. Theirs in the world will be ignominy, and in the Hereafter an awful doom;

Sura 14.4 Allah makes whom He pleases err and He guides whom He pleases and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

Sura: 17:46 And we put coverings over their hearts and minds, lest they should understand the Koran, and we put deafness in their ears; when you commemorate your Lord (Allah) and Him alone in the Koran.

What I want to know is: Do I not believe in the Koran because God wills me not to? Did God create me to be an unbeliever? If he does this to test other believers, would God hold my unbelief against me since it is him who makes me do it? I don’t see how it would be fair to punish me forever when it was God who makes me not understand or believe in the Koran?

youve touched a topic way to deep for my fingers to type fast enough for my thoughts...

what these verses are saying is that God has willingly given everyone freewill. he has appointed the periods in life where one will decide to do either a or b....and he will deal with them accordingly in the hereafter. it is not him who makes u disbelieve.

sevgi
05-13-2007, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
:w:

I dont think i could be good at answering your questions but I just wana ask... did u happen to be Muslim or u just know how to make the greeting etc..? Just curioussss. I find it interesting. You dont have to tell :)

:sl:
read his first sentence...he is agnostic...or 'non-allied monotheist'...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
05-13-2007, 04:43 AM

and

mite i add that God has given us all the ability to understand, research and educate ourselves...he will hold us accountable for this. he tests everyone seperately, according to their opportunities...someone with autism will not be judged the same as u...someone with no internet access will not be judges the same as u either....

ozzy
05-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Thank you for the reply, but I’m afraid I still don’t know. It is a tough subject I think, because it seems so accidental. I wonder if a person born to muslim parents is muslim only because his parents, or someone born to catholic parents ect. My problem is that I have really tried hard to find god, but I guess I have trouble finding religion. Everyone says they are the right one and if I choose wrong they say I go to hell (I‘m having a similar dialog with some Christians). It seems kind of unfair. I don’t think anyone believes or disbelieves in a particular religion out of any malice, just trying to follow the right path but maybe being wrong by accident , do you think god takes that into account, and what does the Koran or Haditha say on the issue?

(I hope this does not get off subject…)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have both religions in my family, and I travel a lot, so I’ve been exposed to Islam, Christianity, hinduism...you name it.

[2:62] anyone who believes in god, and believes in the Last Day, and leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

I bring that up, because I said I am a non-allied monotheist ( ya, I came up with that word to make my girlfriend’s parents feel better...I could have told them I was muslim, but I figured being an honest "na-monotheist" was better than to be a hyprocritical muslim ), but it seemed to fit my thinking.

anyway, any other guidance would be great, thx

sevgi
05-13-2007, 08:42 AM
i believe that God takes that into account...but thats exactly the point iwth islam...

it does not argue that true christianity or judaism are false and flawed. they are the predecessors of islam. they are suceptible to change over so many years...and thats what happened.

i know catholic people who are both muslims and catholic ......they call themselves 'advanced catholics"...they pray five times a day.because islam is the extension, the fixer of the others. they follow on eachother...christians and jews just got caught up in the past and didnt move on. and their religions, because they were contextual rather than universal, had to be edited and altered to fit the correct contexts and peoples...hence the ample number of subgroups and diversions.

sevgi
05-13-2007, 08:46 AM
i hope i make sense...my point is that there are no religions whcih are just wrong by accident...the other two abrahamic faiths were right at once stage...but that was then,,,now, following them is 'an accident' which God will judge due to the fcat that the signs in all three of the holy books (the untouched words of God(which i know u dnt believe in)), are all so clear.

sevgi
05-13-2007, 09:06 AM
what i understand is that u believe in the onness of God...u are a monotheist,,,but u dnt know which monotheistic religion to chose...or better yet, u wonder ehy u shud have to chose one when they all seem flawed.

how monotheistic chritianity is is a very blurred area with the trinity and all. you my friend cant even believe that the kuran is the word of God, so im not even gna expect u at all to belive that Jesus is the son of God.

Islam seems flawed...to u. well not flawed but, illogical perhaps...

u need to find those areas and write em down like study notes and find their answers one by one.

Chuck
05-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Background may help:

The discourse begins in a way as if to say:"Why are you expressing surprise and amazement at what Our Prophet is presenting before you?What he says is not new or strange, nor anything novel, which might have been presented for the first time in history: that Revelation should come down to a man from God and he should be given instructions for the guidance of mankind. Allah has been sending similar Revelations with similar instructions to the former Prophets before this. It is not surprising that the Owner of the Universe should be acknowledged as Deity and Ruler, but what is strange is that one should accept another as divine and deity in spite of being His subject and slave. You are being angry with him who is presenting Tauhid before you, where as the shirk that you are practising with regard to the Master of the Universe is such a grave crime as may cause the heavens to break asunder. The angels are amazed at this boldness of yours and fear that the wrath of Allah might descend on you any moment."

After this the people have been told that a person's being appointed to Prophethood and his presenting himself as a Prophet does not mean that he has been made master of the people's destinies and he has come to the world with that very claim. Allah has kept the destinies in His own hand. The Prophet has come only to arouse the heedless and guide the strayed ones to the Right Path. To call to account those who do not listen to him and to punish or not to punish them is Allah's own responsibility. and not part of the Prophet's work. Therefore, they should take it out of their head that the Prophet has come with a claim similar to those that are made by their so called religious guides and saints to the effect that he who would not listen to them, or would behave insolently towards them, would be burnt to death: In this very connection, the people have also been told that the Prophet has not come to condemn them but he is their well wisher; he is warning them that the way they are following will only lead to their own destruction.

Then, an answer has been given to the question: Why didn't Allah make all human beings righteous by birth, and why did He allow the difference of viewpoint owing to which the people start following each and every way of thought and action?The answer given is this: Owing to this very fact has it become possible for man to attain to the special mercy of Allah, which is not meant for other dumb creatures, but is only meant for those endowed with power and authority, who should take Allah as Patron and Guardian not instinctively but consciously by willing choice. Allah supports the man who adopts this way and guides and helps him to do good and right and admits him into His special mercy. On the contrary, the man who misuses his option and makes his patron those who are not, in fact, the guardians, and cannot be, are deprived of divine mercy. In this connection, it has also been made clear that only Allah is the Patron of man and of all other creatures. Others are neither the patron nor have the power to do full justice to patronage. Man's success depends only on this that he should make no mistake in choosing a patron for himself by the use of his free choice, and should take only Him his Guide Who, in reality, is the real Patron.

After this, it has been explained what the Din being presented by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace) really is:

Its primary basis that as Allah Almighty is the Creator, Master and real Patron of the Universe and Man, He alone is Man's Ruler, He alone has the right to give Man Faith (Din) and Law (system of belief and practice) and judge the disputes of man and tell what is Truth and what is falsehood. No other being has any right whatever to be man's lawgiver. In other words, like the natural sovereignty, the sovereignty with regard to lawmaking also is vested only in Allah. No man or creature, apart from Allah, can be the bearer of this sovereignty. And if a person does not recognize and accept this Divine rule of Allah, it is merely futile for him to recognize the natural sovereignty of Allah.

On this very basis has Allah ordained a Din (True Religion) for Man from the very beginning. It was one and the same Religion that was vouchsafed in every age to all the Prophets. No Prophet ever founded any separate religion of his own. The same one Religion has been enjoined by Allah for all Mankind since the beginning of creation, and all the Prophets have been following it and inviting others to follow it.

This Religion and Creed was not sent so that man may rest content only with believing in it, but it was sent with the purpose and intention that it alone should be introduced, established and enforced in the world, and no man made religion be made to prevail in Allah's earth apart from His Religion. The Prophets had not been appointed only to preach this Religion but to establish it particularly in the world.

This same was the original Religion of mankind, but after the death of the Prophets, selfish people created new creeds by creating schisms for vested interests due to selfconceit, vanity and ostentation. All the different religions and creeds found in the world today have resulted from corruption of the original Divine Truth.

Now, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace,) has been sent so that he may present before the people the same and original Religion in place of the various practices and artificial creeds and man made religions, and may try to establish the same. On this, if instead of being grateful, you feel angry and come out to fight him, it is your folly; the Prophet will not abandon his mission only because of your foolishness. He has been enjoined to adhere to his faith at all costs and to carry out the mission to which he has been appointed. Therefore, the people should not cherish any false hope that in order to please thee he would cater to the same whims and superstitions of ignorance which has corrupted Allah's Religion before.

You do not understand how great an impudence it is against Allah to adopt a man made religion and law instead of the Religion and Law enjoined by Allah. You think it is an ordinary thing and there is nothing wrong with it. But in the sight of Allah it is the worst kind of shirk and a grave crime whose punishment will be imposed on all those who enforced their own religion on Allah's earth and those who adopted and followed their religion.

Thus, after presenting a clear and visible concept of Religion it is said:"The best possible method that could be employed for your instruction and for bringing you to the Right Path has already been employed. On the one hand, Allah has sent down His Book, which is teaching you the truth in a most impressive way in your own language; and on the other, the lives of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace) aud his Companions are present before you by which you can see for yourselves what kind of men are prepared by the guidance given in this Book. Even then if you do not accept this guidance, nothing else in the world can bring you to the Right Path. The only alternative, therefore, is that you should be allowed to persist in the same error in which you have remained involved for centuries, and made to meet with the same doom which has been destined by Allah for such wrongdoers."

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/maududi/mau42.html

Hemoo
05-13-2007, 09:40 AM
i have found these links that may help in understanding destiny:

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=34898&ln=eng

and the full text :

Man is following a course set by Allaah and has freedom of choice

Question:
Does man has freedom of choice or is he following a course set by Allaah?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked this question and said: The questioner should ask himself whether anyone forced him to ask this question, and does he choose the kind of car that he drives? And other such questions. Then the answer as to whether he is following a course set by Allaah or has freedom of choice will become clear to him.
Then he should ask himself whether accidents happen to him by his choice? Or whether he falls sick by his choice? Or will he die by his choice?
And other similar questions. Then the answer as to whether he is following a course set by Allaah or has freedom of choice will become clear to him.
The answer is that the things that the wise person does, he undoubtedly does by his choice. Listen to the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):
“So, whosoever wills, let him seek a place with (or a way to) His Lord (by obeying Him in this worldly life)!”
[al-Naba’ 78:39]
“Among you are some that desire this world and some that desire the Hereafter”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:152]
“And whoever desires the Hereafter and strives for it, with the necessary effort due for it (i.e. does righteous deeds of Allaah’s obedience) while he is a believer (in the Oneness of Allaah Islamic Monotheism) — then such are the ones whose striving shall be appreciated, (thanked and rewarded by Allaah)”
[al-Isra’ 17:19]
“he must pay a Fidyah (ransom) of either observing Sawm (fasts) (three days) or giving Sadaqah (charity — feeding six poor persons) or offering sacrifice (one sheep)”
[al-Baqarah 2:196]
But if a person wants to do something and he does it, we know that Allaah has willed it. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight.
And you cannot will unless (it be) that Allaah wills — the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)”
[al-Takweer 81:28-29]
Because His Lordship (ruboobiyyah) is complete and perfect, nothing can happen in the heavens or on earth except by His will.
With regard to things that happen to a person or that he does without choosing or willing them, such as sickness, death and accidents, they are purely divine will (al-qadar) and the person has no choice or will with regard to them.
And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Majmoo Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, vol. 2.

-----------------------------------------------

and here is another links which explains it more:

Do the bad things that happen in this universe happen by the will of Allaah?
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=49013&ln=eng

Is man’s fate pre-destined or does he have freedom of will?
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=20806&ln=eng

and here many Fatwas that explains the matter of Belief in the Divine Will and Decree:

http://islamqa.com/index.php?cref=227&ln=eng

- Qatada -
05-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey ozzy.

I think that can be explained quite simply, since the Qur'an and Authentic Ahadith explain each other.

Allaah Almighty says:

“O My slaves, all of you are astray except those whom I guide, so ask Me for guidance, and I will guide you. O My slaves, all of you are hungry except those whom I feed, so ask me for food and I will feed you. O My slaves, all of you are naked except those whom I clothe, so ask Me for clothing and I will clothe you. … O My slaves, if the first of you and the last of you, your humans and your jinn, were to stand on a single plain and ask of Me and I were to give each one what he asked for, that would not cause any loss to Me greater than what is lost when a needle is dipped into the sea.”

Narrated by Muslim (2577).

There is also a hadith which states that;

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

All of mankind is astray except those who take them steps towards Allaah, in sincerety and with the intention of searching for the truth. Then once they turn to Allaah for that guidance and ask Him of it - then He is the One who guides the hearts. And those who are sincere in wanting to turn away from Allaah, and have the intention that they want to be rebellious against Him - even when the truth becomes clear and manifest to them - then they are lead astray, while they throw themselves into destruction while they percieve it not.

This is explained in the Qur'an when Allaah says:

By the night when it covers
And [by] the day when it appears
And [by] He who created the male and female,
Certainly, your efforts and deeds are diverse (different in aims and purposes);

As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah and fears Him,
And believes in the best [reward],
We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness).

But he who is greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient.
And denies the best [reward],
We will make smooth for him the path for evil;

And what will his wealth benefit him when he goes down (in destruction).

Truly! Ours it is (to give) guidance,

And truly, unto Us (belong) the last (Hereafter) and the first (this world).

Therefore I have warned you of a Fire blazing fiercely (Hell);
None shall enter it save the most wretched,
Who denies and turns away.

But the righteous one will avoid it -
[He] who gives [from] his wealth to purify himself

And not [giving] for anyone who has [done him] a favor to be rewarded

But only seeking the countenance of his Lord, Most High.

He surely will be pleased (when he will enter Paradise).

[Qur'an Surah Layl (the Night) 92]

May Allaah guide us all to the path towards Him and His good. ameen.

And Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

sevgi
05-13-2007, 01:45 PM
salams...

may i ask u brother FI...

where do u get ur sources from??? are they off the top of ur head or do u go and reaserch the moment u see a post or thread pop up...or do u have some sort of super mod guide to answering q's using relevant ahadith nd ayahs...???

- Qatada -
05-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Thank you for the reply, but I’m afraid I still don’t know. It is a tough subject I think, because it seems so accidental. I wonder if a person born to muslim parents is muslim only because his parents, or someone born to catholic parents ect.

People are born muslims, and once they are born muslim and learn from Muslim parents - they infact have a greater responsibility since they carry the message, therefore they have to convey it in order to explain to others the truth. It's not a 'family' or 'blood-line' religion like some religions claim, rather it is a responsibility when we recieve the message.

However, we also know that there are some muslims who actually go astray because they are not sincere, whereas there are sincere non muslims who are guided to the straight path due to their sincerety. Again - this doesn't depend on blood, but depends on ones sincerety in wanting the truth and searching for what's the correct path to Allaah - And He will guide us without a doubt if we are sincere to Him.

This is mentioned many, many times in the Qur'an when people actually don't submit to Allaah because they're afraid from turning away from their forefathers way, even if their forefathers were void of wisdom because they also followed the way of their forefathers instead of searching for the truth. This is their argument:

When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah hath revealed:" They say: "Nay! we shall follow the ways of our fathers." What! even though their fathers Were void of wisdom and guidance?

[Qur'an 2: 170]

Their messengers said: "Is there a doubt about Allah, The Creator of the heavens and the earth? It is He Who invites you, in order that He may forgive you your sins and give you respite for a term appointed!" They said: "Ah! ye are no more than human, like ourselves! Ye wish to turn us away from the (gods) our fathers used to worship: then bring us some clear authority."

Their Messengers said to them: "We are no more than human beings like you, but Allah bestows His Grace to whom He wills of His slaves. It is not ours to bring you an authority (proof) except by the Permission of Allah. And in Allah (Alone) let the believers put their trust.

"And why should we not put our trust in Allah while He indeed has guided us our ways. And we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us, and in Allah (Alone) let those who trust, put their trust."

And those who disbelieved, said to their Messengers: "Surely, we shall drive you out of our land, or you shall return to our religion." So their Lord inspired them: "Truly, We shall destroy the Zalimun (polytheists, disbelievers and wrong-doers.).

"And indeed, We shall make you dwell in the land after them. This is for him who fears standing before Me (on the Day of Resurrection or fears My Punishment) and also fears My Threat."

But they (the Messengers) sought victory and help [from their Lord (Allah)], and every obstinate, arrogant dictator (who refuses to believe in the Oneness of Allah) was brought to a complete loss and destruction.

[Qur'an 14: 10-15]

My problem is that I have really tried hard to find god, but I guess I have trouble finding religion. Everyone says they are the right one and if I choose wrong they say I go to hell (I‘m having a similar dialog with some Christians). It seems kind of unfair. I don’t think anyone believes or disbelieves in a particular religion out of any malice, just trying to follow the right path but maybe being wrong by accident , do you think god takes that into account, and what does the Koran or Haditha say on the issue?

(I hope this does not get off subject…)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have both religions in my family, and I travel a lot, so I’ve been exposed to Islam, Christianity, hinduism...you name it.

[2:62] anyone who believes in god, and believes in the Last Day, and leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

I bring that up, because I said I am a non-allied monotheist ( ya, I came up with that word to make my girlfriend’s parents feel better...I could have told them I was muslim, but I figured being an honest "na-monotheist" was better than to be a hyprocritical muslim ), but it seemed to fit my thinking.

anyway, any other guidance would be great, thx

If we look at many religions in the world, all of them claim to worship God but the majority associate partners with Him in that worship. For example christians say they worship God, yet they claim that God is in 3 parts and they worship Jesus. Other religions claim they worship God but they worship other stone idols which are carved out from their own hands.

Islaam (which means submission) is the same message of all the Prophets of God, they all called their people to worship God Alone, and not to worship idols, or humans, or man-made philosophies etc. Prophet Noah, Prophet Abraham, Moses, Jesus son of Mary, Muhammad (peace be upon them all) - all the Prophets called the people to worship God Alone. Theres been over 124,000 Prophets who have come to mankind, for this basic call.

And We sent not a Messenger except with the language of his people, in order that he might make (the Message) clear for them. Then Allâh misleads whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. [Qur'an 14:4]

Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, then surely, Allah is Swift in calling to account. [Qur'an 3: 19]

All the Prophets came to call their people to good morals, they called them to worship God Alone, to establish the prayer to God, to pay in charity, to help the needy, to enjoin the family ties, to enjoin the good and forbid the evil. Since all these acts make society better and it unites mankind, especially on matters where they differed. And Allaah guides those who are sincere. This is Islaam.

Some people who the Prophets were sent to rejected the Prophets call, even though the Prophet simply called them towards good and Allaah's reward, and some accepted the call of the Messenger sent by God.

In the end, both groups of people would die. The believers aswell as the disbelievers. We know that without a doubt the One who created us when we were nothing can easily bring us back to life again, and this will without a doubt occur since He will question us on what we did in this temporary life. That day every soul will be judged about anything and everything it did in this world. Since this life was a temporary test.

Those who obeyed the Messengers would be rewarded by God in the real, everlasting life of Paradise which Allaah has promised for His obedient servants. Whereas those who rejected the clear message of Allaah and His Messengers' did so out of arrogance, and due to that - they will be punished in a blazing hellfire for being rebellious and opposing God, they rejected Him and His message, they took it in jest and felt that they would never return to Him. And if given a life of eternity - they would remain in a state of ungratefulness to God, so God will punish them due to that.

Allaah is never unjust to any of His servants, and those who obey Him will have a great reward in this life and the one to come. :) That is the true purpose of why God created us. His final Messenger is Muhammad (peace be upon him) and he brought this exact same message.

And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allâh), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe." [Qur'an 14:7]

And Allaah Almighty knows best.

If you have anymore questions - please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards.

- Qatada -
05-13-2007, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
salams...

may i ask u brother FI...

where do u get ur sources from??? are they off the top of ur head or do u go and reaserch the moment u see a post or thread pop up...or do u have some sort of super mod guide to answering q's using relevant ahadith nd ayahs...???

Wa alykum as-salaam sis.

Sometimes people have already asked similar questions, so we can find them ahadith or aayat/verses from previous threads. So i might post them instead of having to search for them. But usually, i find the ahadith in other fatwas which i might have read previously.

Umar001
05-13-2007, 03:00 PM

and

Wa aleykum Salam,

I would like to bring some verses forth;

Allāh burdens not a person beyond his scope.
#

That is part of the last verse from the Second chapter.

So we have to understand all those verses within the context of the Qu'ran, now if a person is misguided by Allah would that not be burdening him more than he can bear, it would, so the meaning is not that, rather, we understand from the Qu'ran that Allah misguides those who want to be misguided, the type of people who have no concern for God or religion, such tha they say God is a Dellusion and so forth,

In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allāh has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies.

In the same chapter but verse 10 shows this, the people had a disiese and they were hippocrates thinking they could fool Allah, thus Allah increased their desiese, and their punishment will be for what? For their lies they used to tell.

That is basically the sum of it, Allah created me and you and Bob and Harry all ready to go paradise, but it is upto us to be humble and observational and not infixated with our lives and money and so forth.

Thank you for the reply, but I’m afraid I still don’t know. It is a tough subject I think, because it seems so accidental. I wonder if a person born to muslim parents is muslim only because his parents, or someone born to catholic parents ect. My problem is that I have really tried hard to find god, but I guess I have trouble finding religion.
It is not about where you are born or who your parents are, noone is going hell unless they had a warner and they just chose not to be bothered with God or religion or something.

It almost bursts up with fury. Every time a group is cast therein, its keeper will ask: "Did no warner come to you?"

They will say: "Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: 'Allāh never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.'"

And they will say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing Fire!"

Those are three verses from Chapter 67, so when people will be sent to hell they will be asked and they will reply that they knew, but they made fun or turned away, and they will say that they should have listened and used their inteligence. Which I think is amazing. Specially when you have some members here too saying 'I just feel I want to follow my religion' Nay! They will testify to wishing they had used their mind.

Everyone says they are the right one and if I choose wrong they say I go to hell (I‘m having a similar dialog with some Christians). It seems kind of unfair.
Well you check it out for yourself dude, if you believe in God then pray to Him the One who created you and Nurished you, ask Him to help you, speak to Him, revolve your life around Him, and keep using the tools he gave you! Specially that which makes you different from animals, your intelect.

I don’t think anyone believes or disbelieves in a particular religion out of any malice, just trying to follow the right path but maybe being wrong by accident , do you think god takes that into account, and what does the Koran or Haditha say on the issue?
In short, noone will be burdened beyond their scope.

Regards,

Eesa :)

Sunnih
05-13-2007, 03:11 PM
ozzy said: I don’t see how it would be fair to punish me forever when it was God who makes me not understand or believe in the Koran?

If guidance was something that belonged to you and He withheld it from you then He would have been unjust to you, however if guidance belongs to Him, then He bestows it upon whoever He wills.

ozzy
05-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Wow, lots of good info guys, let me read up some more and I'll get back.
Thanks

zircon
05-14-2007, 12:13 AM
I wonder if a person born to muslim parents is muslim only because his parents
A person might born a muslim but we must understand that faith isn't something you inherit. being muslim means submission to Allah willingly. as they grow up by time, muslims decide and choose to live as one by their own. no children choose in what parents or religion they will be born into. that explains why in islam, all those who die before the age of maturity/reaches puberty will go to heaven, they're not accountable of their act.

just my point of view..correct me if i'm wrong

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I don’t see how it would be fair to punish me forever when it was God who makes me not understand or believe in the Koran?

Some people ask why God would punish a group of people for eternity if the person who disbelieves in Him and His signs did so maybe for around 100years max.

The answer to this would be that Allaah has given us all many, many blessings in this life which we totally depend on to live our daily lives. I.e. the ability to see, hear, to move, to eat, to drink, to go to the bathroom etc.

Then we have other blessings which He gives us such as having the food which we eat, the drink, the clothing, the materials required to use our abilities.

If we had these abilities given to us as a blessing from Him without us striving to attain them, then we should be thankful to Him, we should strive to get closer to Him and be grateful for the good which He has given us. If we don't - we are being ungrateful, and when the clear Message comes to us - if we turn away, we disbelieve and are rebellious. Now it's quite ironic since the word 'kufr' in the arabic language means to disbelieve, aswell as to be ungrateful.

Once the message becomes clear and manifest to the person - if they turn away, then they are being ungrateful and disbelieving. And now that the clear proof is established - if they don't believe and submit to God, they are actually saying that God has lied, and that He doesn't send any message to His servants. Mankind needs a user manual to run perfectly, and that can only come from God since He is the Creator of us all.

However, if the person still turns away - if given a life of eternity, they would remain in that state of disbelief and ungratefulness, therefore they have one of two options: 1) Submit to Allaah and be thankful. 2) Remain ungrateful and disbelieve, if you feel you are not in need of Allaah, then He is not in need of you, and be aware that there is a terrible punishment for the disbelievers, yet there is a great reward for those who are thankful and obedient, from the Rich, the All Praised, and the Most Just.

Think about it, if the a believer is grateful to Allaah for the good which He has given us without us striving for it, imagine the good which He will bestow upon us if we did strive for His reward! Oh Allaah, make us of the successful, in this life and the next. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.