/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and Rulers

Islamic_warrior
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
:sl:

I have few questions regarding islamic point of view towards the current rulers. Muslims cannot speak out agiasn't the ruler. We cannot protest agiasn't the rulers. We cannot go through political means to get rid of them. We cannot do dua to get rid of them by the asking Allah S.W.T. for help. I am not sure but this seems like scholars are doing everything in their power to keep muslims under oppression. Some of the rulers in muslim countries are not even muslims so why cant we stand agiasn't their oppression of muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-13-2007, 04:42 PM
:wasalamex

Allaahu a'lam, you can check this insha Allaah:

http://kalamullah.com/current-affairs09.html

And also, this hadith cheers me up alhamdulillah, the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said:

"The Prophethood will last among you for as long as Allah (God) wills, then Allah would take it away. Then it will be (followed by) a Khilafah [caliphate] Rashida (rightly guided) according to the ways of the Prophethood. It will remain for as long as Allah wills, then Allah would take it away. Afterwards there will be a hereditary leadership which will remain for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if He wishes. Afterwards, there will be biting oppression, and it will last for as long as Allah wishes, then He will lift it if He wishes. Then there will be a Khilafah Rashida according to the ways of the Prophethood," then he kept silent.

[recorded in Musnad Imam Ahmad (v/273)]

We're under the underlined stage, and all the events before it have occured in our islamic history. Inshaa'Allaah the rest of the prophecy will soon come into effect.

According to the hadith, the prophet (peace be upon him) will be followed by rightly guided caliphs and after those caliphs (Abu Baker, Omar, Uthman and Ali) will come hereditary leadership (the other Caliphs) and after that will come tyrannical rule (today) and after that will come a rightly guided caliphs yet again inshaa'Allaah.

Allaahu a'lam.

Islamic_warrior
05-14-2007, 03:04 AM
As Salam Alikum

Jazak'allah kheir akhi

Never knew about the hadeeth you posted also thank you for that really interesting article.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-14-2007, 03:55 AM
I thought we COULD speak out against corrupt rulers, whether they be Muslim or not. Even if you have to go against your own people to help those who are being treated unjustly.

And that article..wow! It's really interesting.
JazakAllah Khair :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islamic_warrior
05-14-2007, 03:59 AM
These couple really top sheikhs of Saudi Arabia said we cannot speak out agiasn't the ruler even if he does unjust. We cannot take them out through political means and we cannot protest. But they have many followers who agree with these sheikhs. Its almost like these scholars are using their knowledge to oppress the muslims. One of the saudi kings wore a cross same scholars said anyone who wears a cross is disbeliever. Yet they defended Late king Fahat.

AmarFaisal
05-14-2007, 07:06 AM
As far as I know, bearing "ZULM" or "Unjustice" is also not allowed in Islam, and to rise against an unjust king is also Jihad. Is it not? or am I informed wrong?

if u can't do it physically u should defend urself and other ppl against such ppl through your "Qalam" or pen..right?

Mayb the saudis r fooling their ppl.

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 01:10 PM
:salamext:

Akhi you'll benefit from this alot insha Allaah:

25 Promises from Allah to the Believers -
Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki

This lively two CD Lecture presents many lessons and benefits for the Muslim Ummah in their time of need. This lecture will instill trust, reliance and hope in Allah, whilst strengthening a Muslim's conviction knowing that Allah never fails in His promises

CD 1 | CD 2 |

http://kalamullah.com/anwaral-awlaki.html

Sunduss
06-16-2007, 11:23 PM
My father always says a proverb that basically means you cant obey someone if it means disobeying the Lord. So if a pious ruler is in charge you listen up. On the other hand if you have one that says 'everybody get drunk-NOW!' you don't.

abumusa
06-24-2007, 06:05 PM
The Prophet (PBUH) said,

"The best type of Jihad (striving in the way of Allah) is speaking a true word in the presence of a tyrant ruler.''

[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

Abu `Abdullah Tariq bin Shihab (May Allah bepleased with him) reported:
A person asked the Prophet (PBUH) (when he had just put his foot in the stirrup):

"What is the highest form of Jihad?'' He (PBUH) said, "Speaking the truth in the presence of a tyrant ruler".
[An-Nasa'i].

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.