/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Effective words in Qur'an

imrano
05-14-2007, 07:23 PM
How many word the Qur'an has (repeated words counted only once)?
Is there any resource that contain theses words?
It would be interesting in order to understand the Qur'an. If you know these words you will be able read in Arabic and understand what the Qur'an is saying.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
asadxyz
05-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Assalaamo Alaikum
You can refer to المعجم المفهرس by Muhammad Fuad Abdul Baqi .
Best of luck

imrano
05-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Is it a book in Arabic Language?

asadxyz
05-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Assalamo Alakum
It is index of all words of Arabic used in the Holy Quran.It has following arrangement :
Words
Forms (in which it is used along with number of times used)
All Ayaat (verses ) in which these are used
So ,if you know only one word in any Aya of the Quran ,you can find that Aya very quickly from this Book.
Best of luck

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
05-17-2007, 10:53 PM
I have recently come across a book which talks of the common words, I find it very useful but i cant remember wher I saved it or where i downloaded it from but trust me i love it.

Mawaddah
05-18-2007, 02:37 PM
^ What's the name of this book? And who's it by?

imrano
05-18-2007, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I have recently come across a book which talks of the common words, I find it very useful but i cant remember wher I saved it or where i downloaded it from but trust me i love it.
Brother, please try to find out it. It will be helpful for me.

imrano
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I found this site:

http://www.understandquran.com/80Eng.htm

It says:
80% words of the Holy Quran have been compiled for ease of learning. This is just pocket sized booklet consisting of 28 pages (14 papers) basically in Urdu language but has now been translated into couple of other languages as well. It is quite surprising and interesting to know that 80% of the Holy Quran comes just in 28 pocket sized pages!!!.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.