/* */

PDA

View Full Version : jumaah prayer

ScoobyGurl
05-15-2007, 07:13 PM
:sl:

There is a masjid near me that starts jumaah prayer at 12:30 pm. The khutbah usually last about 1/2 and hr meaning that the salat would be made around 1:00. However, since it is daylight savings time, dhuhr does not come in until about 1:15. On Fridays, jumaah is suppose to take the place of dhuhr. So my question is is my jumaah prayer accepted if done before dhuhr comes in?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ScoobyGurl
05-17-2007, 05:38 PM
anyone?

Noor
05-17-2007, 05:44 PM
AsalamuAlaikum sister,

ask a question here: http://islamtoday.com/fatawa_form.cfm

the only problem is, you have to find the right time to ask a question, otherwise the daily limit for posting will be reached before you could place a question.

As a sister, to answer your question, I'd advise you to pray at home. : )

ScoobyGurl
05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I go to school and work so I can't pray dhuhr or jumaah at home.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ScoobyGurl
05-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Jazakallah for the link. :D

vpb
05-17-2007, 10:36 PM

I go to school and work so I can't pray dhuhr or jumaah at home.
find a quiet place at school, and pray there. it takes only 5 minutes. :)

ScoobyGurl
05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I do pray at school. I pray in the prayer room. For jumaah, I go to the masjid near my college. :)

vpb
05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I do pray at school. I pray in the prayer room. For jumaah, I go to the masjid near my college.
alhamdulilah, so whenever the time for prayer comes, pray :)

ScoobyGurl
05-18-2007, 01:32 PM
That doesn't answer my question but thanks.

Musalmaan
05-19-2007, 06:55 AM
:salamext: again, a very weird thing i am knowing,
i made a little search, find an answer from the reliable source. I hope it help you in coping up with the situation.

Question

i) Our MSA here at University had been trying to get a room for Friday
prayers for the summer but they were unable to do so for the correct time
i.e. when Zuhr time begins. Instead, what they did was consult a 'Salafi'
influenced Sheikh. The Sheikh said that Jumaah and Zuhr are two different
matters and, based on the bookings and scheduling problems, you can pray
Jummah before the actual Zuhr time starts. Based on this, the MSA booked
places for the entire summer for times before the actual Zuhr time begins
(as early as 1.5 hours BEFORE Zuhr and as late as half an hour BEFORE Zuhr).
Now, I know very well that Jummah prayers are completely invalid if they are
offered before the Zuhr time starts. That's why I was very disappointed to
hear this, however, I am sure the MSA will not change anything now as the
bookings have been done and they have already announced this to everybody.
My question now is: what should I do in this situation as I am working
full-time at University in the summer? The closest Musallah to the
University is about a 15 min drive but they also start Friday prayers 15
minutes before the Zuhr time. Besides, it will be quite inconvenient and
time consuming to leave campus and pray somewhere else. Please advise me
what should I do in this situation.
ii) Is it valid for a person who is not the regular Muazzin but has given
the Azan for a particular prayer, to become Imam of that prayer then?
Sometimes when I enter our Musallah, there's no one there so I give the Azan
myself. If the time of Jama'at comes and I find no one is willing to lead
the prayer, can I lead that prayer myself?

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

After considering a host of authentic proofs from unanimously accepted books of Hadith including Sahih Bukhari, the official ruling of the Hanafi Madhab is that the time of Jumu’ah only begins after midday. (Raddul Muhtaar vol.2 pg.147; HM Saeed). Imaam Bukhari [ra] annotated his Sahih on this opinion.

According to the Hanbali Madhab, the most preferred time for Jumu’ah is also after midday. However, based on an inference from a Hadith in Sahih Bukhari, Jumu’ah Salaat before midday is also valid according to the Hanbali Madhab. (al-Mughni vol.2 pg.142; Ilmiyah)

Furthermore, Jumu’ah is one of the salient features of our Deen and it will be regrettable if you were deprived thereof. However, a large congregation and a Musjid are not preconditions for Jumu’ah. According to the Hanafi Madhab, four individuals including the Imaam are sufficient. (Shaami vol.1 pg.150; HM Saeed). Therefore, we advise that you rally to secure a congregation of another three individuals, obtain a basic Arabic Khutbah from an Aalim (which you can easily read out) and Jumu’ah may be offered in your office or in a classroom.

If you are unsuccessful in your endervours, then we advise that you perform Dhuhr Salaat after midday and continue praying to Allah to create an alternative for you for the Jumu’ah prayers. It is permissible for a person who has given Adhaan to be appointed as Imaam for the same Salaat.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Musalmaan
05-19-2007, 07:12 AM
also,

Sayyiduna Tariq bin Shthab ( رضئ الله عنه ) reports that the Prophet ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ), said, 'Jumuah in congregation is an obligatory duty upon every Muslim except four people: a slave, a woman, a child, and one who is sick.’'
(Abu Dawood 1067 and Hakim 1062. Hakim declared it saheeh and Dhahabi agreed.)

Sayyidatuna Umm Atiyyah . says as part of a longer hadeeth, 'We have been forbidden from following funerals and there is no Jumuah upon us.
(Ibn Khuzaimah 1722)

E'jaazi
05-19-2007, 07:30 AM
I believe all prayers should be at their prescribed times.

Abdul-Raouf
05-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Sister Jumma is only for men ..... for women its always Zuhar/ dhur

E'jaazi
05-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Women are allowed to go to Jummah Prayer.

ScoobyGurl
05-19-2007, 11:23 AM
:sl: Musulmaan,

Jazakallahu khair for posting the fatwa! It was very helpful.:thumbs_up

fakhan
06-03-2007, 02:22 AM

I have a suggestion, there are mostly Muslims around the world especially in Canada pray Jummah when adults take a break or lunch from work, students have no other classes or anyone who is home but not working or going to school. But their other Muslims who can not attend the Jummah prayer because their work or school schedule and have no time to go to Mosque on Fridays. Therefore, it is recommend that if you don't go to Jummah because of this, then pray to Allah (S.W.T.) to excuse you because of the work or school schedule that you have but without excuse then it is punishment from Allah (S.W.T.). Please remember this to yourself and to others.

Jazak'Allah Khair.

Sincerely,

Farzan Khan

:w:

adeel
06-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Is jummah only for men?:eek: :muddlehea :uuh:
is that true i doubt that well i dont have a proper reason.
Anyway i pray my dhur at dinner-time i go to a mosque near by and for Jummah i go to the prayer room to pray with other pupils and teachers, our revert french teacher leads :D mashallah.
If i miss out any prayers i read at home at home time, thats if i have time, otherwise i read Kazah namaz.
Salaam

ScoobyGurl
06-04-2007, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
Sister Jumma is only for men ..... for women its always Zuhar/ dhur
How did I miss this statement? Anyhoo, that's not true because women attended the masjid for jumaah during the time of the Prophet (saws). :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.