/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why close thread so fast???

Ghira
05-16-2007, 08:00 AM
:sl:
I have been on many Islamic forums and I have to say this particular one sure closes threads quickly. The slightest heated argument will cause a thread to be closed or even if subject gets a little of topic...it gets closed. I was wondering why is that and if the administrators observed other forums and when they close a thread.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-16-2007, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
I have been on many Islamic forums and I have to say this particular one sure closes threads quickly. The slightest heated argument will cause a thread to be closed or even if subject gets a little of topic...it gets closed. I was wondering why is that and if the administrators observed other forums and when they close a thread.
:w:

Debate is welcome and encouraged. What will bring a fast closure is if the debate becomes personal arguments where the poster and not the topic is attacked.

We will not allow any personal insults or bashing of any members.

It is also felt that when a thread strays off topic that is an indication that either the original topic has been discussed as far as need be discussed or people feel the original topic is not worthy of discussion.

Normally the thread is simply closed for discussion and left visible to be read without further comment.

aamirsaab
05-16-2007, 08:40 AM
When you've had as much experience as a moderator as I have (which isn't that much really), you begin to see patterns in threads and how easy certain words/posts can completely derail a topic and lead into all sorts of trouble.

That's why we close it quick; correct the problem before it becomes a really big one.

p.s; I'm just a man doing his job.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.