/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A random rant

IslamistheTruth
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Asalaamualaikum, :)

I've been a muslim for about 5 years now..alhamdulillah..I was 16 at the time..and I'm 21 now. I have to admit, when I embraced Islam..I knew very little about it. I took to the Sunni fold of Islam..and in the last 5 years..I feel as if I've gained immense wealth in acquiring knowledge pertaining to the religion. Still, I have a long ways to go...inshAllah..

Well, basically..I've been having some thoughts on the Ummah..and I noticed one thing..which bothers me..to the point at which..I can't sleep at night. It's that..we don't seem to agree on much!! We all seem to have our own interpretations on just about everything..and mainly...it has a whole lot to do with Shariah. I mean..whether it has to do with stoning..apostasy..marital issues..establishing a caliphate..etc.. There are too many opinions floating out there..too many interpretations..and wayy too many scholars with their own reasoning. :enough!:

I'm definitely not a hadith rejector...and I understand that they are indeed veryyyy much necessary. However, there are sahih hadith our there..which make my head swim. I know I'm no expert on hadith methodology..but seriously..I would like to learn this science!!!!! I'm completely content with Quran..but some hadith do not make any sense to me. The hadith which are without a doubt in line with the Quran..are very reassuring..because it's almost as if they offer detailed explainations with an example to the Quran verse that they are referring to. Still, there are some which just don't seem to fit in very well. Am I the ONLY one who feels this way? I can't help but feel guilty about this..on top of everything else. I know that I could just go along with the general consensus and agree with whatever they say..but that's not the point. The point is..to find the truth..and to live by it.

Do any of you share my sentiments? I have like serious insomnia from this. I can't understand how a Caliphate can come into existance without our Ummah coming to terms with some very important issues.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rubiesand
05-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Wa alaikum assalam Sister,

Differences of opinon between scholars are not over fundamental issues, but over secondary issues, which allow for genuine differences of opinion that have valid reasons. For centuries we have had four major schools of thought operating at the same time and with different rulings, without that causing disunity among the Muslims.

If you are looking at rulings from many different scholars from different schools all at once, it may seem confusing as to which one to follow. So, perhaps it's time to choose a scholar that you can take rulings and learn from. The first step might be to decide what school of thought to belong to. Usually, it is advisable to follow the school of thought of the Imam who witnessed your shahadah (your local mosque).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.