/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Were There More Than One Author of The Quraan

Balthasar21
05-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Were there more than one author of the quraan ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
05-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Wow Guess who approved this thread, might be the one who wants the truth to be hidden.

Anyhow, hope the discussion is fruitful.

NoName55
05-24-2007, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Balthasar21
If only you could read and write then you will understand that our Quraan is kalam of Allah Ta'ala.

also you would need to learn the difference between author and scribes

Zulkiflim
05-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Salaam,

When the revelation came,the scibes would write it and the muslim,,all of them will memorize it.

HEck even the Quraisy heard it and memorized it..

Some converted due to the beauty of the Quran

And in time those are collected and the position of the verses are arranged by the Prophet.
Also the Propeht always recited the entire Quran during ramadhan.

Scribes are many,memorizers are many but only ONE ORIGINAL AUTHOR.,,,ALLAH.

Propeht Muhammad saw is but a megaphone,if you will

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Balthasar21
05-24-2007, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
If only you could read and write then you will understand that our Quraan is kalam of Allah Ta'ala.

also you would need to learn the difference between author and scribes

hey noname Why do Some muslims resort to name calling and throwing temper tantrum , instead of discussing the facts / the above question.

جوري
05-24-2007, 05:25 AM
I suppose for the same reasons that lead non-Muslims to ask pedantic, rhetorical questions ---
here is your answer... since you are a skilled linguist, I am sure it will be easy for you to decipher... wink wink
8}
إِنَّهُ لَقَوْلُ رَسُولٍ كَرِيمٍ }
ذِي قُوَّةٍ عِندَ ذِي الْعَرْشِ مَكِينٍ }
مُطَاعٍ ثَمَّ أَمِينٍ }
وَمَا صَاحِبُكُم بِمَجْنُونٍ }
وَلَقَدْ رَآهُ بِالْأُفُقِ الْمُبِينِ }
وَمَا هُوَ عَلَى الْغَيْبِ بِضَنِينٍ }
وَمَا هُوَ بِقَوْلِ شَيْطَانٍ رَجِيمٍ }

peace!

Zulkiflim
05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
hey noname Why do Some muslims resort to name calling and throwing temper tantrum , instead of discussing the facts / the above question.

Salaam,

Do not ask one to asnwer for another.

That is the basis if islam,individuality.

In the end we stand alone,friendless and only our deeds will be our salvation or ****ation.

So you answer for your own ,i answer for myself.
Do not ask me to answer for you nor you for me.

Balthasar21
05-24-2007, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Do not ask one to asnwer for another.

That is the basis if islam,individuality.

In the end we stand alone,friendless and only our deeds will be our salvation or ****ation.

So you answer for your own ,i answer for myself.
Do not ask me to answer for you nor you for me.

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity Overstand

Balthasar21
05-24-2007, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Wow Guess who approved this thread, might be the one who wants the truth to be hidden.

Anyhow, hope the discussion is fruitful.

No doubt this question will open the door to that which were hidden , If it not DELETE like my other post . By the way did you have a hand it that ?

Ra`eesah
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
The Qur’an is the Word of Allaah, that was send down to Muhammad (s) and was taught to his companions there were only certain companions that were told to write down the Qur`an, and after the prophet (s) past away and one of the battle where almost all those companions who had memorized the Quran were killed in it, it was then suggested by Umar (r.a) to complied into a book. What they did was they took the one Zaid bin Thabit who the prophet (s) trusted to write down the Qur’an while he was alive and told him to go and gather all those who memorized the Quran and make it into a manuscript. Which was then given to the great Caliph Abubakr (r.a) for safe keeping.

In short, the Qur’an is the word of Allaah.

Balthasar21
05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ra`eesah
The Qur’an is the Word of Allaah, that was send down to Muhammad (s) and was taught to his companions there were only certain companions that were told to write down the Qur`an, and after the prophet (s) past away and one of the battle where almost all those companions who had memorized the Quran were killed in it, it was then suggested by Umar (r.a) to complied into a book. What they did was they took the one Zaid bin Thabit who the prophet (s) trusted to write down the Qur’an while he was alive and told him to go and gather all those who memorized the Quran and make it into a manuscript. Which was then given to the great Caliph Abubakr (r.a) for safe keeping.

In short, the Qur’an is the word of Allaah.

I have read the story I'm talking in this day and time .

Umar001
05-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I have yet to delete any posts of yours. Normally a message is sent. If you have queries please pm in order to keep the thread running smoothly.

Ra`eesah
05-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Then there is no need for you to ask that question it seems very insincere and dodgy . Bottom line the answer is no, I have a feeling you have a distortion of comprehension.

Balthasar21
05-24-2007, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I have yet to delete any posts of yours. Normally a message is sent. If you have queries please pm in order to keep the thread running smoothly.

Ok just asking it's no big thing Thank You .

Balthasar21
05-24-2007, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ra`eesah
Then there is no need for you to ask that question it seems very insincere and dodgy . Bottom line the answer is no, I have a feeling you have a distortion of comprehension.

I Doubt that really .

جوري
05-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Are you trying to tally up your post count? How about your razzle dazzle us with something a little less visceral instead of this platitude.. I feel like you are working us up for something that will require some thought and then it ends up being another cut and paste job... What is the purpose of this post? What is your point? can you prove your point if there is one?

thank you

Balthasar21
05-25-2007, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Are you trying to tally up your post count? How about your razzle dazzle us with something a little less visceral instead of this platitude.. I feel like you are working us up for something that will require some thought and then it ends up being another cut and paste job... What is the purpose of this post? What is your point? can you prove your point if there is one?

thank you

Why don't you grow up if your so knowledge-able keyword if then try answering the question ok . The question is ... Were there more than one author of the quraan . If you have the answer post it if not step off and let those who can answer it answer . Stop crying like some little child .

Kindergarten class is over if you can't hang go sit in the coner and take notes .

ummzayd
05-25-2007, 08:26 AM
No.

NoName55
05-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Why don't you grow up if your so knowledge-able keyword if then try answering the question ok . The question is ... Were there more than one author of the quraan . If you have the answer post it if not step off and let those who can answer it answer . Stop crying like some little child .

Kindergarten class is over if you can't hang go sit in the coner and take notes .
  1. Hit and Run. / "In any public forum, make a brief attack of your opponent or the opponent position and then scamper off before an answer can be fielded, or simply ignore any answer. This works extremely well in Internet and letters-to -the-editor environments where a steady stream of new identities can be called upon without having to explain criticism reasoning -- simply make an accusation or other attack, never discussing issues, and never answering any subsequent response, for that would dignify the opponent's viewpoint".
  2. I wonder if you are ever gonna be banned
  3. If not, why not?

Gangster No.1
05-25-2007, 08:43 AM

lol.

look what part dont you understand?

Allah is the author, he revealed the Quran to the prophet muhammad (pbuh).
And what allah said was then recorded in books.

Since the Quran was revealed OVER 1400 yrs ago, not a SINGLE verse has been edited or changed in any form.

However the BIBLE.lol

there are loads and loads off diffrent bibles, conveying diffrent messages.

Personally, I know that Islam is the only religion that has SUFFICENT evidence the truth, and nothing but the truth.

SO WHAT IS YOUR RELIGION?
WHAT IS YOUR IDEOLOGY?
EVIDENCE?

erm.......thought so

Balthasar21
05-25-2007, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
  1. Hit and Run. / "In any public forum, make a brief attack of your opponent or the opponent position and then scamper off before an answer can be fielded, or simply ignore any answer. This works extremely well in Internet and letters-to -the-editor environments where a steady stream of new identities can be called upon without having to explain criticism reasoning -- simply make an accusation or other attack, never discussing issues, and never answering any subsequent response, for that would dignify the opponent's viewpoint".
  2. I wonder if you are ever gonna be banned
  3. If not, why not?

You know what funny a few of you her feel you can say whatever you wish and get away with it , Meaning you can give it but can't take it , If you have think skin stay out of the ring .

Balthasar21
05-25-2007, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gangster No.1
lol.

look what part dont you understand?

Allah is the author, he revealed the Quran to the prophet muhammad (pbuh).
And what allah said was then recorded in books.

Since the Quran was revealed OVER 1400 yrs ago, not a SINGLE verse has been edited or changed in any form.

However the BIBLE.lol

Personally, I know that Islam is the only religion that has SUFFICENT evidence the truth, and nothing but the truth.

SO WHAT IS YOUR RELIGION?
WHAT IS YOUR IDEOLOGY?
EVIDENCE?

erm.......thought so

If islam is the only religion that has SUFFICENT evidence the truth, and nothing but the truth. Then their should be no fear of me asking question Right ??

aamirsaab
05-25-2007, 09:02 AM
:sl:
If islam is the only religion that has SUFFICENT evidence the truth, and nothing but the truth. Then their should be no fear of me asking question Right ??
There is no fear, merely curiosity.

To answer your question: The Prophet Muhammad [saw] compiled the Quran with the verses sent down from Allah, so there was only one author.

Gangster No.1
05-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Balthasar21 you havnt answerd my questions!
read above and answer!

جوري
05-25-2007, 01:19 PM

I have already answered the Question in Arabic.... thought you were a masterful linguist, a critical thinker and very progressive?
Are you too good to be true or just suffering from a bad case of projection? I'll not descend to word play with you, if you have something of substance to impart then do so, I am not big on carpet bombing. You've posted a Q, I am not sure what is your intent? I'd think it incumbent upon you to prove your point, provide some key research?.. we are still waiting! -- looking fwd to the usual cut/paste job.....

peace!

Woodrow
05-25-2007, 01:40 PM
First of all how do you define Author? If by author you are referring to the person who actually did the penmanship of the words, then the answer would be many. However, those are more appropriately referred to as being scribes. Scribes were the recording device of their time and took great care in recording only what they heard. These were also supplemented by people who recorded through memorization. This provided a system of checks and balances to assure that only that which was recited was what was recorded. No added words, no deletions, no translations or explanations. Simply a record of what was said.

If by Author you mean the person who the scribes heard speaking. than the answer is one, Muhammad(PBUH). However, Muhammad(PBUH) was merely the transmitter of the words and only the messenger of what he was told.

If by Author you mean who Muhammad(PBUH) heard the words from, the answer is one, the Angel Gabriel. However, Gabriel was not the source of the words. Allah(swt) was the source. So if by author, you mean the original source, than your answer is there was one Author and that is Allah(swt)

Balthasar21
05-25-2007, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
First of all how do you define Author? If by author you are referring to the person who actually did the penmanship of the words, then the answer would be many. However, those are more appropriately referred to as being scribes. Scribes were the recording device of their time and took great care in recording only what they heard. These were also supplemented by people who recorded through memorization. This provided a system of checks and balances to assure that only that which was recited was what was recorded. No added words, no deletions, no translations or explanations. Simply a record of what was said.

If by Author you mean the person who the scribes heard speaking. than the answer is one, Muhammad(PBUH). However, Muhammad(PBUH) was merely the transmitter of the words and only the messenger of what he was told.

If by Author you mean who Muhammad(PBUH) heard the words from, the answer is one, the Angel Gabriel. However, Gabriel was not the source of the words. Allah(swt) was the source. So if by author, you mean the original source, than your answer is there was one Author and that is Allah(swt)

Thank you for YOUR answer , I'm writeing mines now , I just wanted to see the diffrent fews on the subject .

Zulkiflim
05-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Salaam,

different views?

All ar ethe smae the words are from Allah.

so perhaps you cna provide your rebuttal?
instead of asking the same question over and over?

Trumble
05-25-2007, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gangster No.1
Perhaps you could outline a few of those "different messages" (as opposed to a few different words and the odd addition or omission of a verse or two)? Which do you consider to have significant theological importance?

Umar001
05-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Perhaps we could take the Bible talk somewhere else guys, just noticed it.

Regards

Eesa.

AvarAllahNoor
05-25-2007, 06:20 PM
How did Gabriel present it to Mohammed? as in what form, or did he too know it my heart?

NoName55
05-25-2007, 06:39 PM
How did Gabriel present it to Mohammed? as in what form
in slow well arranged stages gradually

Wa qalal lazina kafaru lau la nuz zila alaihil qur anu jumlataw wahidah kazalika linusab bita bihi fu adaka wa rat talnahu tartila
Wa la yatu_naka bimasalin il la jinaka bil haq qi wa ahsana tafsira

“The unbelievers say: “Why is not the Qur’an revealed to him all at once? Thus (is it revealed gradually) that we may strengthen thy heart thereby and we have rehearsed it to thee in slow well arranged stages gradually. And no example do they bring to thee but we bring to thee the truth and the best explanation.” (25:32-33)

- Qatada -
05-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Jibreel (Gabriel) is an angel, and he conveyed it from Allaah to his servant and Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him.) And we know that revelation through angels is common for many prophets.

Angels do not make mistakes when carrying the message, nor do they ever disobey Allaah - so any angel who conveys the message speaks nothing but the truth, and is free from error in that regard.

Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ): "Whoever is an enemy to Jibrael (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Quran) down to your heart by Allah's Permission, confirming what came before it [i.e. the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and guidance and glad tidings for the believers.

"Whoever is an enemy to Allah, His Angels, His Messengers, Jibrael (Gabriel) and Mikael (Michael), then verily, Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers."

And We have certainly revealed to you verses [which are] clear proofs, and no one would deny them except the defiantly disobedient.

[Qur'an 2: 97-99]

And Allaah knows best.

جوري
05-25-2007, 06:47 PM
"The Annunciation" has been a theme of many paintings in Art history.. How does the Angel Gabriel present himself? should be an expansive topic, for all three Abrahamic religions -- I believe he came to all parties in human form.. but would be interested to know other perspectives, that is of Jews and Christians... here is an Islamic source

peace!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.