/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Buried under a non Muslim burial?

Henry
05-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Assalamu Alaikam WaramatuAllah Wabarakatu
Does anyone know what would happen to a Muslim if his/her funeral were to be conducted as a Christian or Jewish funeral? The reason why I worry about this is because of the ever present chance of me dieing before I move out and live with Muslims in a Muslim country, and that because I'm the only Muslim in my family, I may not have an Islamic funeral but a funeral according to my parent's religion. I don't mean to backbite on my parents, but I tried to get out a worry that has been nagging on me for a while.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ra`eesah
05-25-2007, 03:04 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Do not worry, Allaah does not hold you accountable upon what you have no power over.

Keltoi
05-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Once your body dies I'm pretty sure God is more concerned with your soul than what is happening to the empty shell you left behind.

ummzayd
05-25-2007, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Henry
Assalamu Alaikam WaramatuAllah Wabarakatu
Does anyone know what would happen to a Muslim if his/her funeral were to be conducted as a Christian or Jewish funeral? The reason why I worry about this is because of the ever present chance of me dieing before I move out and live with Muslims in a Muslim country, and that because I'm the only Muslim in my family, I may not have an Islamic funeral but a funeral according to my parent's religion. I don't mean to backbite on my parents, but I tried to get out a worry that has been nagging on me for a while.

:sl:

you could make a will expressing your wishes, and appoint an executor for that will who is responsible to carry out your wishes. you would need to leave enough money for the burial. why not get advice from a masjid? maybe an imam could be your executor.

however as has been stated, you are not responsible for anything outside your control, so if your wishes are disregarded it's not your fault and no blame is on you, and Allah swt knows best.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Henry
05-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu
Alhalmdullillah, thank you all for your replies

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.