/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Allah destory the devil?

New_Muslim
05-26-2007, 09:12 PM
If Allah is all powerful he has the power to destory the devil. So if he doesn't than either he is not all powerful and can't, or can but won't. That would imply he allows evil. Please explain.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-26-2007, 09:14 PM
:salamext:

That's the whole concept, if there wasn't evil - then there wouldn't be any good to strive for in this life - therefore the reason for hellfire or Paradise wouldn't be required now, would there? :)

Anyway you can refer to this thread inshaa Allaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...og-thread.html

.:Umniyah:.
05-26-2007, 09:44 PM
And also when Allah was kicking shaytan out of Paradis , he ( shaytan) asked for respite until the day of Judgement , with the intention to lead Banu Adam astray. And Allah granted him this.

So in the end like bro Fisab said its all about the test. Never think Allah isnt capable of doing anything. No one has more might nor power than Allah. Theres a wisdome behind everything. Allah says verily He is able to do all things. and whatever his creation does isnt because Allah has no control over it, but rather he 'allows' it. And Allah is pure and Good. We dont attribute evil to Allah subhanahu wa ta'la even tho we know Allah created all things we dont directly attribute evil to Him. Rather we say his creation has put forth with his own hands such and such.

And Allahu 3lim.

:w:

Umar001
05-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Another thing you should realise is that nothing is purely evil. There is good in things.

Some examples:

Death of Parents = Makes some realise how quick this life is so they practice more.

Injustice/Oppression = Allows people to defend the oppresed thus they might die martys.

Disbelief = A chance to give dawah

Shaytan's Whispers = Reward for not restraining fromfalling into them and desires.

And so forth...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Had there been no evil, we wouldnt exactly have a purpose here now would we? Like bro Fi said, what good could we possibly do if there was never anything to fix? If there was no "evil," we wouldnt ever have the chance to make a difference or help one another.

Zulkiflim
05-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Salaam,

In all of this you forget that even the DEVIL is being tested.

We are all being tested except the angles of course.

The devil/satan has no power but what Allah has allowed.
Satan is given power to do mischief or withold .

It is the same wiht any of creation.
When you are angered and given a gun,would you shoot anyone just to release your anger?
Or will you wihtold and learn trully why are you angered and the pttiness of your anger.

barney
05-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Its a problem when you try to personify a trait of human nature.

It's my beleif that Satan isnt a Djinn or a red guy with horns and a poker that lives in a lake of fire. If you try to phsyically manifest evil like that then your proposel carrys weight.
Simple- just PADOOM! one lightning bolt and the world could live in paradise.

We are not dealing with Satan, unless Satan is the evil in peoples hearts. In which case the whole lake of fire thing disintergrates.

If Satan was to "Die", then suddenly all jealousy and spite is removed. ROFL.
The sad part is billions appear to be waiting for the titanic battle in heaven where he is defeated, Then we can all give each other Bannoffee Cream pies and hug each other.

Which is frankly lalalalala fruitcake land.

- Qatada -
05-28-2007, 06:26 PM
The nafs is also involved. Since the nafs can be known as the 'id' as Freud put it. The shaytaan can't force us to do anything, rather he whispers to us so we incline to do evil, yet we have a freedom of choice on whether we will go ahead with that evil act or obey Allaah's commandments instead, and then get a good reward for that inshaa Allaah.

The whispers can increase one to desire the evil, and the nafs can either incline to that evil and get a cheap temporary pleasure, or can turn away from it, and then get the pleasure of Allaah and His pleasure and great reward.

And Allaah knows best.

Regards.

Kittygyal
05-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Salamualikum.
This is a test my beloved, if there wasn't no evil then Alhmdulillah we would be all doing good actions right? but allah subhwnatallah is testing us and it's up to us to strive for taqwah.
You need to have trust in Allah subhwnatallah and repent for ever past actions you may have done before and inshallah remember the Ummah in your dua'ah aswel.
Ma'assalama

Umar001
05-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Well I agree that satan is not THE Evil in the sense that he is not that thing, but he posses it as a characteristic.

Like I am not THE LOVE but I might posses it as a characteristic type of thing.

Kittygyal
05-28-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Well I agree that satan is not THE Evil in the sense that he is not that thing, but he posses it as a characteristic.

Like I am not THE LOVE but I might posses it as a characteristic type of thing.
Salamualikum.
Well said brother. Couldn't have made it better myself.
Remember people this life is a 'test' after all.
Ma'assalama

Zulkiflim
05-29-2007, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Its a problem when you try to personify a trait of human nature.

It's my beleif that Satan isnt a Djinn or a red guy with horns and a poker that lives in a lake of fire. If you try to phsyically manifest evil like that then your proposel carrys weight.
Simple- just PADOOM! one lightning bolt and the world could live in paradise.

We are not dealing with Satan, unless Satan is the evil in peoples hearts. In which case the whole lake of fire thing disintergrates.

If Satan was to "Die", then suddenly all jealousy and spite is removed. ROFL.
The sad part is billions appear to be waiting for the titanic battle in heaven where he is defeated, Then we can all give each other Bannoffee Cream pies and hug each other.

Which is frankly lalalalala fruitcake land.
Salaam,

In Islam Satan is made of fire,angels are made of light.

Satan is not an angel.
Angel are ALWAYS Submissive and subservient to Allah.

We believe that Satan do exist,as do Jinns...

They are the ones who will mislead us always.
In Islam we believe that for every human there is one jinn .
They will always try to mislead us.

That is their creed,but even jins can follow a religion.
And when they do they stop "tormenting"

But as i said before,these unseen being too are bing tested just lik men..
They are weak and powerful,like men..
they have needs just like men.

barney
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi Zulkifilm.

So if Satan was to die, what do you think the result would be?

- Qatada -
05-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi Zulkifilm.

Shaytan was given life right till the end (i.e. till the final trumpet is blown - when the earth is destroyed etc.), so the 'what if' doesn't apply in that. And Allaah knows best.

Regards.

Hamas
05-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Has anybody ever thought that this guy, the devil, he used to live in heaven, he was given charge of one of the doors of paradise (not quite sure in details)

The point is, he has experienced paradise and he knows he is heading towards hell, so why does he do it? maybe he knows the extent of Allah's mercy?

05-29-2007, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamas
Assalamu Alaikum,

Has anybody ever thought that this guy, the devil, he used to live in heaven, he was given charge of one of the doors of paradise (not quite sure in details)

The point is, he has experienced paradise and he knows he is heading towards hell, so why does he do it? maybe he knows the extent of Allah's mercy?
he was proud

He used to worship Allah and was brought upto the status of an angel, but he had pride. And this is waht caused his downfall. When Allah told him to bow down to Adam (as) he refused, because he thought himself superior to Adam (as)

And this pride is what led him to what he is now, which is why its so important not to have pride

Hamas
05-29-2007, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
he was proud

He used to worship Allah and was brought upto the status of an angel, but he had pride. And this is waht caused his downfall. When Allah told him to bow down to Adam (as) he refused, because he thought himself superior to Adam (as)

And this pride is what led him to what he is now, which is why its so important not to have pride
Assalamu Alaikum,

Thank you so much for putting me right there sister rose, i think deep down i knew that.

But do you think he had so much pride that it irradicated his fear sister rose?

IceQueen~
05-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Pride is very destructive

you can see how by what it made Iblis do

and anyone who has even a mustard-seed-size worth of pride in his heart will not enter Jannah

Pride stops you from doing good and taking advice etc

Hamas
05-29-2007, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
Pride is very destructive

you can see how by what it made Iblis do

and anyone who has even a mustard-seed-size worth of pride in his heart will not enter Jannah

Pride stops you from doing good and taking advice etc
Im sorry sister ice, are you saying something to me? your not saying im full of pride are you?

Zulkiflim
05-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi Zulkifilm.

Salaam,

that is a question that has be asnwered by the Quran.

Allah has given leave for Satan to wreak his ill upon mankind.
And again as i said,is a test unto mankind and also unto the jinn.

- Qatada -
05-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Assalamu Alaikum,

Thank you so much for putting me right there sister rose, i think deep down i knew that.

But do you think he had so much pride that it irradicated his fear sister rose?

:wasalamex

Some scholars say that the Paradise Adam was in wasn't the one which is promised by Allaah, rather it was another one in the heavens. Heavens is different in arabic [samaa waat] - Paradise which is promised for Allaah's believing and obedient slaves is Jannah/gardens which is another paradise.

I'm not sure where you heard the idea that he was given charge of a door in paradise, unless there is proof and you could bring it forward?

Regarding the issue of arrogance, arrogance is so evil that is explained in a hadith regarding even an atoms worth.

'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "No one who has an atom's weight of pride in his heart will enter the Garden." A man said, "And if the man likes his clothes to be good and his sandals to be good?" He said, "Allah is Beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means to renounce the truth and abase people. [look down on people]" [Sahih Muslim]

Shaytan had the arrogance where he felt he was more superior to Adam. But this wasn't simply it, it went to the extent that this arrogance and pride made him disobey Allaah's command. Now if he was so sincere in obeying Allaah, shouldn't he have obeyed Allaah no matter what Allaah commanded him to do? So in his sin he commited both acts of arrogance:

1) Looking down upon another.

2) Disobeying Allaah and 'renouncing the truth.'

Even if he had an atoms weight of this arrogance, it still lead to him disbelieving in the end since he opposed what Allaah azawajal Himself said (i.e. bow to Adam.) Disobeying Allaah doesn't mean that one is a kaafir, the one who does this may be a major sinner (faasiq), but not a kaafir.

However, if someone is to reject what Allaah says - then they are a kaafir since they are saying that Allaah has lied. Therefore they have commited disbelief and kufr. This is what Iblis (shaytaan) did and his arrogance lead to his disbelief and disobedience to Allaah.

This is why even an atoms weight of arrogance is evil, since it can lead to many more evils, and in some cases even disbelief.

And We did certainly create man out of clay from an altered black mud.

And the jinn We created before from scorching fire.

And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "I will create a human being out of clay from an altered black mud.

"So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him."

So, the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together.

Except Iblis (Satan), - he refused to be among the prostrators.

(Allah) said: "O Iblis (Satan)! What is your reason for not being among the prostrators?"

[Iblis (Satan)] said: "I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom You created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud."

(Allah) said: "Then, get out from here, for verily, you are Rajim (an outcast or a cursed one)." [Tafsir At-Tabari]

"And verily, the curse shall be upon you till the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."

[Iblis (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected."

(Allah) said: "Respite is granted thee

"Till the Day of the time appointed."

Iblis (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all.

"Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."

(Allah) said: "This (way of My sincere servants) is indeed a way that leads straight to Me.

"Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Ghawin (Mushrikun and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers, etc.).

"And surely, Hell is the promised place for them all.

"It (Hell) has seven gates, for each of those gates is a (special) class (of sinners) assigned.

Indeed, the righteous will be within gardens and springs.

"(It will be said to them): 'Enter therein (Paradise), in peace and security.'

"And We shall remove from their breasts any sense of injury (that they may have), (So they will be like) brothers facing each other on thrones.

"No sense of fatigue shall touch them, nor shall they (ever) be asked to leave it."

Declare (O Muhammad) unto My slaves, that truly, I am the Oft-Forgiving, the Most-Merciful.

And that My Torment is indeed the most painful torment.

[Qur'an Al Hijr 15: 26-50]

Zulkiflim
05-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

salaam,

Hmm Satan was given charge of heavens doors?

i annot answer for Satan ..but we can see it in man.

Man take for granted what is abundant and grow rebellish and hateful and conceited.
Such empowers the man to think himself higher than those others.

Such people become uncaring of every mercy and believe it is HIS right for every marvel or miracle..
Never giving thanks nor caring for those around..

IceQueen~
05-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Im sorry sister ice, are you saying something to me? your not saying im full of pride are you?
LOL of course NOT bro!!

I'm sorry if it sounded like that it wasnt what I meant at all- I just meant to explain how destructive pride can be...

sorry

Hamas
05-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Hey why does it feel like a few of you are targeting me like i said something
bad, im not the devil himself you know.

Even sister ice said something, i didnt quite get what she was getting at.

Bro Fi Sab, I dont know where i got that about the door thing but il check it out but if i made a mistake then im sorry and i aolpogize.

Hamas
05-29-2007, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
LOL of course NOT bro!!

I'm sorry if it sounded like that it wasnt what I meant at all- I just meant to explain how destructive pride can be...

sorry

sorry i didint see your post when i posted

- Qatada -
05-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Hey why does it feel like a few of you are targeting me like i said something
bad, im not the devil himself you know.

Even sister ice said something, i didnt quite get what she was getting at.

lol we're anwsering your questions bro, and your questions are about arrogance.

Bro Fi Sab, I dont know where i got that about the door thing but il check it out but if i made a mistake then im sorry and i aolpogize.

If you can bring it forward from Qur'an or Sunnah, that would be good insha Allaah. :) If not - no worries.

Hamas
05-29-2007, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

lol we're anwsering your questions bro, and your questions are about arrogance.

If you can bring it forward from Qur'an or Sunnah, that would be good insha Allaah. :) If not - no worries.
Assalamu Alaikum,

Yeah well it sure dont feel that way Brother Fi Sabilillah

- Qatada -
05-29-2007, 03:19 PM

OK, but we've told you that it's not our intention. Anyway we won't go offtopic now insha Allaah.

Hamas
05-29-2007, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

OK, but we've told you that it's not our intention. Anyway we won't go offtopic now insha Allaah.
insha Allaah

aamirsaab
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
:sl:
If there was no evil (or the big ugly red source of it aka the devil) we would have no concept good - we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between what is good and bad (yes they are perceptive, and no I'm not going to explain why)

Secondly, the devil is a manifestation of temptation/desire/insatiable attitudes/Id (for psychologists :)) - which is a reminder to us that we are human and thus considerably different to God's numerous creations. It is one of the unique things about mankind and when controlled can lead to beauty.

tears4husain
06-02-2007, 06:07 AM
:sl: for starters the story behind shaytan in short, is him thinking that the creation of the jinn was better or had a higher rank than mankind. Plus they were here first. When Allah(s.w.t.) told the angels and the jinn to bow down to mankind he(shaytan) refused. Do to the appointment of vicgerency of mankind on earth. His asking for respite until the day of judgement is him trying to prove that we are not greater than the jinn,by this he will to mislead us from the path of Allah(s.w.t.) by using our on nafs against us. Nafs being your desires,lust and impure ways. Also mans greatest weakness "Women". by him getting you to fall victum to your nafs, in his eyes he is proving the inferior stand point of mankind to jinn. Allah will punish those who take shaytan as a friend or protector. His war ground is the dunya and Allahwarns us that we can not defeat him alone so seek refuge in your lord. As for evil, all good in life comes from Allah, evil and bad comes from ourselves. this is free will being a gift and a curse. see we have the free will to worship Allah or to worship our nafs.Surah Al-jinn(72)breaks it down in detail more. :D

lilah
06-14-2007, 09:01 AM
I would also like to point out that evil doesn't just come from the devil, but from the human heart as well....the devil just has power of suggestion, but some people are just plain bad.

I heard a joke a long time ago where the Shaytan goes to a man and whispers..."ok, heres what we're going to do..." and then whispers the evil plan. The man turns to Shaytan and says..."no, no, no, this is what we're going to do...". Upon hearing the man's evil plan, Shaytan stood back in disbelief and exlaimed, "Fear Allah!"

For those of you that are interested, I learned a long time in my Islamic studies how to distinguish between wasawasaa of the Shaytan and waswasaa of the Nafs (yourself). This was told a long time ago and have no written proof of where i found it, I apologize in advance if it is wrong.

Say you're sitting on the couch watching the big game on tv, when you hear the Adan for Maghrib salat....a thought comes to your head to put off salat until a commercial. If you tell that though 'no' and then the thought goes away, then that is waswasaa from Shaytan. If the thought is strong and persistent then that is waswasaa from your Nafs.

powerkoala
06-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Is "Evil" not just a word to (subjective) to describe some actions or acts?

In the West we told at school we are just animals, and science seems to contrdict religion. Adam and Eve (Christian), vs. Evolution.

(I'm still waiting to find faith, if someone can tlk about my post in the "Introductions" section.)

My point is that "evil" is a man made concept like God/Allah, and may well not exist. Comments welcome.

vpb
06-14-2007, 11:28 PM

My point is that "evil" is a man made concept like God/Allah, and may well not exist. Comments welcome.
;D;D;D

Sunduss
06-16-2007, 11:07 PM
What would be the point of living if there was no evil?? Life on Earth is a test and in any test you need something to overcome.Hence Evil is present. It's just up to the Human what path to choose,Wallahu A'laam.

Nerd
06-19-2007, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .:Umniyah:.
Never think Allah isnt capable of doing anything. No one has more might nor power than Allah. :w:
Heard of something called the Omnipotence paradox ?

"Could an omnipotent being create a stone so heavy that even that being could not lift it?"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.