/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This is an islamic board....

syilla
05-30-2007, 09:09 AM
:sl:

Can the moderator just ban or delete anything that goes like this...

"We become guilty of Jesus' blood when we reject Him"

well after all...this is an islamic board...

:blind:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-30-2007, 09:49 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

i have seen more offensive comments than the one u mentioned.

Mohammed (p) is a fake Prophet ----don't u think this type of remark should be deleted ? But i saw this type of remark day after day :(

glo
05-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Do you report such posts, which you find offensive?
I do ...

Leaving the necessary action to the mods certainly seems more appropriate and effective than entering into heated debates.
And nobody should feel offended around here ...

Also bear in mind that sometimes people may make offensive comments without intending to do so. Again, the mods are more qualified to explore such issues and put the offending poster right ...

Peace :)

Muslim Woman
05-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Salaam/ peace ;

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Do you report such posts, which you find offensive?
I do ...

sometimes mod's are very busy ...sometimes they think , in Q & A thread , participants are allowed to express their opinion & no Muslim should protest as debates are not allowed there.

when u reported , anything happened ? then u r lucky :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-30-2007, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Salaam/ peace ;

sometimes mod's are very busy ...sometimes they think , in Q & A thread , participants are allowed to express their opinion & no Muslim should protest as debates are not allowed there.

when u reported , anything happened ? then u r lucky :)
Usually when I report a post some action follows. If not, then I leave it to the mods' discretion ... I don't make the rules around here ...

As a non-Muslim I know first-hand that it can be very difficult to explain my own faith without causing some offence to somebody at some point.
After all, any references to Jesus' divinity or his sacrifice for us, will - from as Islamic perspective - be offensive and false.
But I cannot explain my faith unless I have a certain amount of freedom to discuss such issues.

Just how far I am allowed to go in this forum, given that it aims to promote Islam, is up to the mods ... and yes, I have received warning before now ... :-[

Please continue to report any posts you find offensive. I would rather know if I cause offence to anybody ...

I wish you peace, sister

Muslim Knight
05-30-2007, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
As a non-Muslim I know first-hand that it can be very difficult to explain my own faith without causing some offence to somebody at some point.
After all, any references to Jesus' divinity or his sacrifice for us, will - from as Islamic perspective - be offensive and false.
But I cannot explain my faith unless I have a certain amount of freedom to discuss such issues.
I frequent the Comparative Religion section and although I find religious ideas about the divinity of Jesus offensive to my own faith but hey, it's the Comparative Religion section and people are free to discuss about it anyway. Just remember keep to your relevant threads anyway. There is a Christian thread, an Islamic thread and a Christian-Islamic exchange thread. But someone who insists on preaching Hinduism in a Judaism thread is clearly a troll and a troublemaker.

After a time it gets annoying whenever someone parrots the same idea again and again eventhough refuted so many times over. I think sometimes the problem originates from certain characters who insist on preaching and proselytizing even in the World Affairs section. Once is enough but several times?

aamirsaab
05-30-2007, 12:04 PM
We have a report post function. We also have a pm system. Please make use of them, whilst you still can....Muahahahaha!

Report post --> mod sees reported post --> mod checks if post is breaking rules --> mod deletes post if it is breaking rules.

Oh and we have comparative religion for a reason, so make use of that section too :).

AvarAllahNoor
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
OP - I hear this alot, but I fail to fathom what they mean. Jesus was a Prophet and not God, but he had the attributes of God.

- Qatada -
05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
:salamext:

He never had attributes of God ^ however he did great miracles by the will of God.

Anyway, you can PM us if you feel that the reported post isn't being recognised inshaa Allaah. :)

Woodrow
05-30-2007, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Can the moderator just ban or delete anything that goes like this...

"We become guilty of Jesus' blood when we reject Him"

well after all...this is an islamic board...

:blind:
You have a very good point and you are not the only one who has expressed that.

However, out of courtesy and in the interest of understanding we do provide the comparative religions section. That is an area where non-Muslims can feel reasonably free to post questions about Islam and to answer questions about their beliefs.

What you have stated is a Christian belief and as long as it is kept in the appropriate area and acknowledged as being Christian, it should be permitted. Remember, in the same section we do have the freedom to debate and question such statements.

Now if such a statement where to appear in any other section I would see it as an attempt at Evangelizing Christianity and I would delete it. I am certain every other mod would do the same.

If a post appears to be offensive for any reason please use the red report button. If you do not get a response feel free to PM any mod you see on line.

snakelegs
05-30-2007, 08:39 PM
i agree with syilla. recently, (only recently) there have been some christians, who in my opinion, have crossed the line and are blatantly proselytizing - "promoting a religion other than islam".
just my 2.2 cents.

chacha_jalebi
05-30-2007, 09:39 PM
salaam

we got respect other views like certain stuf may seem blasphemious. but best way to deal is to show evidence againist it,i belive as a muslim my faith is 100% true, so we should be able to refute claims in a nice way:D

also whilst on d issue of a islamic forum, can i request d mods + moderettes,to close all thread/posts bout ppls life stories and personal life, unless it a advice thread. cos lets b honest who cares:p if u dat hapy n care so much go and parade it on a hot air balloon get me:p:D

syilla
05-31-2007, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i agree with syilla. recently, (only recently) there have been some christians, who in my opinion, have crossed the line and are blatantly proselytizing - "promoting a religion other than islam".
just my 2.2 cents.
yeah...especially when they are trying to offend the person that converts to Islam from Christian 'in' the islamicboard. :blind:

AvarAllahNoor
05-31-2007, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:

He never had attributes of God :)
Personal opnions here I think. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.