/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Masjid the size of a Sparrows Nest...

- Qatada -
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
:salamext:

Ibn Majaah (738) narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Whoever builds a mosque for the sake of Allaah, like a sparrow’s nest or even smaller, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

The qataah (translated here as sparrow) is a small bird, and its nest is the place where it settles and lays its eggs. The qataah is singled out for mention here because it does not lay its eggs in a tree or at the top of a mountain, rather it makes its nest on the ground, unlike other birds; hence it is likened to a mosque/masjid.

See: Hayaat al-Hayawaan by al-Dumayri.

Sparrows Nest:

The scholars said: This is mentioned by way of exaggeration, i.e., even if the mosque is as small as that.

ISLAMQA

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
salamualikum.

OM...!!! am shocked.!!! SUBHNALLAH!!!

'“Whoever builds a mosque for the sake of Allaah, like a sparrow’s nest or even smaller, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.”

subhnallah subhnallah!!!!!!!!!!!!

ma'assalama

3isha
05-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Subhanallah,
jazakallah for posting

nocturne
06-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Assalamualaikum,

i think its hard for us to actually build a mosque in the western countries. However, if there is any organization where we can donate money to build mosque in poorer countries, then we all can contribute.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
XRUHYX
06-02-2007, 03:59 PM
This is amazing Subhan Allah....I posted this on another forum aswell...hope the thread starter doesn't mind :-[

By the way :sl: am Ruhy...nice to meet you all.

I have just registered today as this site looks good and decent...hope to learn about Islam here and vice versa.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
in this case everyone can easily build 500 masjids, lol subhanAllah wa maa tawfeeqi illah billah

- Qatada -
06-02-2007, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by XRUHYX
This is amazing Subhan Allah....I posted this on another forum aswell...hope the thread starter doesn't mind :-[

By the way :sl: am Ruhy...nice to meet you all.

I have just registered today as this site looks good and decent...hope to learn about Islam here and vice versa.

:wasalamex

Don't worry sister, spread it as faarrr as possible.

Bro ibnabdulHakim, totally agree :D i wna do that now..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.