/* */

PDA

View Full Version : im having a thick moment

Ummah
05-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Asalaamualaikum

do you ever feel like you're reading something but you're just not understanding what is written? i dont mean quantum physics, i mean...basic things a baby would understand lol....im having that right now,

Q: What about Registration marriage?
A: The islamic marriage is called "nikah". Registering your nikah implies marriage in community of property, which is against Islamic law. Even a will made out according to the shariah will not be termed valid in terms of the law of the land, hence the estate of the deceased will be distributed in violation of Islamic law.

To overcome this problem, the marriage partners shold enter into a marriage contract called Ante Nuptial Contract. This contract has to be arranged before registration of the marriage and should be done through the agency of some attorney to ensure that the necessary formalities of kuffaar law are complied with so as ro render the contract valid.

can someone please explain to me what has been said there???

what's wrong with me? lol

if you're wondering why im reading this... im about to start my dissertation on the registration of islamic marriages in the UK..or moreso..the lack of it, and why people fail to register their marriages..dont worry im not relying on the above quoted for my dissertation.. i jus came across it and now its bugging me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
vpb
05-30-2007, 11:20 PM
:sl:

i can't understand it either completely.

Ummah
05-31-2007, 12:59 PM
oh man. why am i getting so confused lol :(

jazakhAllah for trying

i think this sentence is confusing me the most
"Registering your nikah implies marriage in community of property, which is against Islamic law."

Gangster No.1
05-31-2007, 01:10 PM
What you chatin bout.lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tomtomsmom
05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
oh man. why am i getting so confused lol :(

jazakhAllah for trying

i think this sentence is confusing me the most
"Registering your nikah implies marriage in community of property, which is against Islamic law."
i think what they are talking about is in the west (and other places maybe) when people are married individual property becomes joint (community) property. So the wife and husband own things together which goes against Islam in the fact that the wife doesn't have to share with her husband. So it says you have to have another agreement other than the marriage contract (a pre-nup is what it is called here) so that the assets are seperate in the event of a divorce.

Ummah
05-31-2007, 02:06 PM
^ thank you!! you've made a big point click in my head =)

tomtomsmom
05-31-2007, 02:08 PM
You are very welcome sis! I hope I am right...................

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.