PDA

View Full Version : World Bank and US: Palestinians Should Pay for Israeli Checkpoints



Idris
06-04-2007, 05:04 PM
WASHINGTON - The World Bank, an international development institution that says it has no political agenda, may be preparing to fund Israeli security checkpoints around a controversial separation wall under construction on occupied Palestinian territories.

Israel is not eligible for World Bank lending because of its high per capita income, but Palestinians are.

According to a World Bank official, the project would help the Palestinian economy by allowing Palestinian goods and workers a faster review at the checkpoints.

"We had proposed a couple of crossings and Israel has more formally come back to us and asked whether we would help secure financing for these, which is why we have started to prepare a project," Markus Kostner, the Bank's country program coordinator for the West Bank and Gaza, told IPS.

The crossings would be designed to speed up the movement of Palestinian people and cargo, and would be staffed by Israelis.

"However, as I said, our financial contribution would be to the Palestinians. Because of its high per capita income level, Israel is not eligible for World Bank financing," Kostner said.

"So the project helps enhance the efficiency of the border crossings for the benefit of Palestinians, as well as at the same time … at least maintain if not increase the security considerations of Israelis. From that perspective, it'll be a double gain," he added.

Approval of the plans may come as early as June this year, he said. The funding would come either in the form of grants or soft loans. The Bank declined to give a dollar value for the project and said it was still under consideration.

The Palestinians say they are following the issue closely.

"Our policy is that in principle, as long as this is not cut from any funding or aid to the Palestinians, then we'll put it under discussion," Hassan Abderhman, chief of the Palestine Mission in Washington, told IPS.

"However, we haven't been informed of the World Bank plan. We are still in the discussions phase."


Some watchdog groups say the project would violate international law since some of the proposed checkpoints by the Israelis are on and around the separation wall, which annexes Palestinian land.

"If they are going to be funding the checkpoints outside of places in the Green [Line], then it's clearly a violation of international conventions and law," said Terry Walz of the Washington-based Council for the National Interest, a group that monitors U.S. and international policy toward Israel and the Palestinians.

"I must admit that making the Palestinians pay for the modernization for these checkpoints is an embarrassment, since they had nothing [to do] with the erection of the separation wall to begin with and in fact have protested it. I think the whole issue is extremely murky right now."

The Israeli business publication Globes reported on Feb. 15 that World Bank Vice President for the Middle East and North Africa Region Christiaan J. Poortman and other senior figures indicated that the Bank does not rule out financing infrastructure projects inside Israel that benefit Palestinians, such as a rail link between Gaza and the Ashdod Port or water projects.

Poortman also told the Jewish weekly publication The Forward two weeks ago that the World Bank is considering funding projects and security crossings around the separation wall.

The Forward quoted Poortman as saying that the World Bank "has indicated that it is willing to play a role, whether financially or in technical assistance," in upgrading the border crossings.

Poortman was not available for an interview.

This would be the first time the World Bank had stretched its interpretation of lending to the Palestinians to permit funding Israeli security measures and projects on occupied land.

Two weeks ago, an official Israeli delegation headed by former Brigadier General Baruch Spiegel briefed U.S. officials on the planned crossing points.

Spiegel heads a team appointed by Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz to contain the Palestinian "humanitarian" problems emanating form the construction of the separation wall.

Spiegel has reportedly also briefed officials with U.S. Jewish groups and senior World Bank officials.

An action alert from the America Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a leading pro-Israel lobby group, said Israel is building "state of the art" checkpoint crossings "for Palestinians traveling from Gaza to Israel, modernizing five similar terminals between Israel and the West Bank and substantially reducing the number of security checkpoints and roadblocks in Palestinian areas."

Israel is also building a Jerusalem bypass road that will enable Palestinians to travel between the northern and southern parts of the West Bank without moving through security checkpoints.

Some U.S. aid slated for the Palestinians would also be going to fund checkpoints. The Palestinians will eventually have to pay some of those debts.

President George W. Bush's public offer of $350 million in aid to the Palestine Authority actually allots some money to fund those "state of the art" checkpoint crossings.

The World Bank may also be trying to cast the modernization of checkpoints between Israel and the Palestinian Territories as a "development" project to be undertaken by the either the Israelis or the Palestinians as a way of improving the Palestinian quality of life and ease of communication.

The World Bank has been at the center of several controversies over the past few years, including charges that it backs international corporations at the expense of poor people in developing nations, but this is the first time it appears ready to get actively involved in the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land. James Wolfensohn had rejected this possibility last year.

The controversial separation wall is not built along the Green Line, the borders before the 1967 war in which Israel annexed more Arab land, but is in the West Bank, the main part of a potential Palestinian state.

The route of the barrier purposefully runs deep into Palestinian territory in order to help annex Israeli settlements and to break up Palestinian territorial contiguity.

Many development groups question the involvement of the World Bank and the U.S. government in the scheme.

Americans for Peace Now, a Jewish group that advocates peace with the Palestinians, supports the potentially greater freedom of movement and economic growth new checkpoints would provide, but wants to ensure that U.S. funding only pays for construction along the Green Line and not for the entrenchment of the security barrier deep in the West Bank.

"American aid to construct crossing points for the barrier inside the West Bank would violate U.S. policy that opposes spending U.S. tax dollars in support of Israeli settlement activity and the perpetuation of Israel's occupation of the West Bank," the group said in a statement.

"Israel has a right to deploy a barrier to protect itself from suicide bombers and other terrorists. However, it is our view that such a barrier should be built on the basis of the Green Line, not in the West Bank."

The Council of National Interests, a group monitoring the request, described the project as a boondoggle in which "Peter is robbed to pay Paul."

(Inter Press Service)
I know.... the world has gone mad. Funny thing is the Palestinians HAVE to pay all the money back.. it's like paying your Jailer :D
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zman
06-06-2007, 03:10 AM
:sl:/Peace To All

How dare the Palestinians not appreciate living under occupation and daily misery.

How can't the Palestinians appreciate the IDF soldiers standing all day in that blazing sun, Just to organize their crossing?

The Palestinians should be more sympathetic to the IDF's sacrifices.

That's not even enough.

The Palestinians should pay a tax on every bullet, missile and artillery shell that is fired at them.

The Israeli armaments industry should be compensated for their monumental efforts and outstanding work ethics.

What a bunch of ingrates, those Palestinians are!
Reply

rav
06-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Shalom (Peace), Curiously, may I ask if any of you actually read the entire article?
Reply

Zman
06-06-2007, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by rav
Shalom (Peace), Curiously, may I ask if any of you actually read the entire article?

Peace rav. Yes, I have read all of it...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
rav
06-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by Zman

Peace rav. Yes, I have read all of it...
How did you come to such a negative conclusion? The checkpoints will go faster, which is exactly what the common Palestinian wants. They would be removed if violence was non-existent, however, as I have learned every action creates a reaction.

When a suicide bombing occurs, a checkpoint to check for bombs is created.

Hopefuly the checkpoints will be removed soon because Jew and Muslim will be able to live in harmony.

What I got from the article is that the World Bank is trying to help the Palestinians. Something they are in reality under no obligation to do.
Reply

Idris
06-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by rav
How did you come to such a negative conclusion? The checkpoints will go faster, which is exactly what the common Palestinian wants. They would be removed if violence was non-existent, however, as I have learned every action creates a reaction.

When a suicide bombing occurs, a checkpoint to check for bombs is created.

Hopefuly the checkpoints will be removed soon because Jew and Muslim will be able to live in harmony.

What I got from the article is that the World Bank is trying to help the Palestinians. Something they are in reality under no obligation to do.
Dear rav it's like someone taking over your house then making checkpoints out side it.. then saying that you have to pay for it so you can move in and out of your house faster.

"Israel has a right to deploy a barrier to protect itself from suicide bombers and other terrorists. However, it is our view that such a barrier should be built on the basis of the Green Line, not in the West Bank."
And the checkpoints(most) are in the west bank.
Reply

Zman
06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by rav
How did you come to such a negative conclusion? The checkpoints will go faster, which is exactly what the common Palestinian wants. They would be removed if violence was non-existent, however, as I have learned every action creates a reaction.

Peace rav,

One of the goals of the checkpoints was always to make the Palestinians suffer and remind them that they are occupied, and under total control.

The checkpoints will never be removed. Even when there was no violence, or a temporary cessation of Palestinian attacks, the checkpoints still remained.

The new checkpoints are there to aid Israel and not the Palestinians.

The checkpoints are an extra security buffer meant to protect Israel, and not make Palestinian life any easier. They'll be located on Palestinian occupied land, that is outside the Apartheid Wall.

Even if the checpoints were to make Palestinian life "easier," the Apartheid Wall is still there. They are Just extra barriers, and the Apartheid Wall is the mother of all barriers.

How many times have checkpoints been used as a weapon in the economic sanctions against the entire Palestinian population?

How many food convoys were left loitering at checkpoints, and the food rotted from the heat, and the Palestinians were deliberately starved?

How many times were checkpoints used to humiliate PA/Fatah members of the government (the same group that is now fighting Hamas on behalf of Israel: that's an extra security layer for Israel, right there).

The artcile does state that in reality, those checkpoints would be aiding Israeli occupation, benefiting its security measures and could be illegal.

No, the World Bank and Bush do have an agenda behind this action. It definitely isn't for the benefit of the Palestinians...
Reply

Amadeus85
06-06-2007, 06:57 PM
No suicide terrorists- no checkpoints.
Someone who make or supports suicide terrorism cant be suprised after that , that the attacked one tries to defend himself.
Reply

Idris
06-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Aaron85
No suicide terrorists- no checkpoints.
Someone who make or supports suicide terrorism cant be suprised after that , that the attacked one tries to defend himself.
Israel in Palestinian territories - suicide attacks....
Reply

Sami Zaatari
06-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Aaron85
No suicide terrorists- no checkpoints.
Someone who make or supports suicide terrorism cant be suprised after that , that the attacked one tries to defend himself.
stop bombing palestinian homes and cities, and stop occupying them, then expect suicide bombing to stop, dont act like its one way traffic plz. someone who supports israels agression cant be suprised at suicide bombings.
Reply

Lina
06-10-2007, 01:16 AM
:sl:

How criminal and barbaric.

These checkpoints have no honest foundation for it's existence, they only increase attacks, action calls for reaction and it has been used to negatively affect palestinian civilians.

Checkpoints cut back the access to medical care.
Pregnant palestinian women have given birth on these checkpoints, woman and children have died at checkpoints.

What a great benefit you're taking on, we should might aswell pay for such outstanding service they're offering!
Reply

sudais1
06-10-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by rav
How did you come to such a negative conclusion? The checkpoints will go faster, which is exactly what the common Palestinian wants. They would be removed if violence was non-existent, however, as I have learned every action creates a reaction.

When a suicide bombing occurs, a checkpoint to check for bombs is created.

Hopefuly the checkpoints will be removed soon because Jew and Muslim will be able to live in harmony.

What I got from the article is that the World Bank is trying to help the Palestinians. Something they are in reality under no obligation to do.
Maybe there would be no violence if u weren't occupying their lands and annexing it all the time, and demolishing homes, building illegal settlements, blowing up civilians when u really want maybe one man. Arrest Palestinians and give them no chance for a trial?

A normal 10 minute trip is like 2 hours in Palestine,

Here we'll place these check points in front of your house to help you move faster. Thank you but im sure they would move much faster with no check points??? the dumbest claim is that they have to pay for the check points, God **** they have no money, Israel destroyed there infrastructure, Now you want them to pay to be controlled at checkpoints? completely ridiculous
Reply

sudais1
06-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Aaron85
No suicide terrorists- no checkpoints.
Someone who make or supports suicide terrorism cant be suprised after that , that the attacked one tries to defend himself.
No Isr**l-No bombers-

Isra** is a threat to world peace, they just cant stop this ridiculous occupation
Reply

barney
06-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by sudais1
No Isr**l-No bombers-

Isra** is a threat to world peace, they just cant stop this ridiculous occupation
So thats a hearty "bomb Israel off the map" position.

Have a word with President Mahatmood Ivehadmedinnerdad, he's looking for workers in his peaceful Nuclear Industry he's building to replace Irans oil dependency on supplies from Iceland.
:D
Reply

sudais1
06-10-2007, 03:23 PM
^hahahahaha I like the ivehadmedinnerdad. I had a good laugh.

I dont want Israel off the map, it wont happen. But Israel to stop occupying Palestine and stop some completly atrocious acts of violence followed by War crimes such as using Palestinians as human shields. If Israel leave Palestine or we find a two state solution there would be no violence

Sudais1
Reply

barney
06-10-2007, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=sudais1;But Israel to stop occupying Palestine and stop some completly atrocious acts of violence followed by War crimes such as using Palestinians as human shields. If Israel leave Palestine or we find a two state solution there would be no violence

Sudais1[/QUOTE]


Two questions:
Where does "palastine" end.Hamas says its at the sea.
And can you tell me about the "Human sheild" incidents
Reply

Lina
06-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by barney
Two questions:
Where does "palastine" end.Hamas says its at the sea.
And can you tell me about the "Human sheild" incidents

Isreali militants have used children as human shields.




Need I say more?
Reply

aamirsaab
06-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Palestinians Should Pay for Israeli Checkpoints - yeah makes perfect sense.

If you did not understand the sarcasm, please jump into a ditch.
Reply

guyabano
06-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lina
Need I say more?
Better say nothing anymore ! This pic has been already posted somewhere else in the forum titled 'Palestinian Kids throw stones at jewish soldiers.' And guess what, he has been caught, thats why he sit there on the hood !
Reply

HBot 5000
06-11-2007, 12:55 PM
The world bank with its US backing (hence Jewish backing) always make me laugh :)

Security checkpoints are important unfortunately but if you truly want to get rid of them then i suggest Israel relocate to America. :omg:
Reply

Lina
06-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by guyabano
Better say nothing anymore ! This pic has been already posted somewhere else in the forum titled 'Palestinian Kids throw stones at jewish soldiers.' And guess what, he has been caught, thats why he sit there on the hood !

Aha, so arresting a child for throwing stones at militants? Aha..aha..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3650791.stm

So, what should we do about militants who shoot at children?
Reply

rav
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Lina, a few comments on your post above. First, if I in the Unites States threw a stones at police, and continued after around ten warning, stones can kill so they will at least use rubber ammo, which is what Israel uses almost all of the time. It is inacceptable to do such a violent act. If you do so YOU are creating the violent situations. If you view throwing stones as resisting the "occupation" than they can be classified as enemy combatants.

Do you want to know the crime for throwing stones at police in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran etc? I would think you would not.
Reply

HBot 5000
06-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Rav do you have any statistics or can point me to a source that wil verify your statement that police use rubber bullets all the time? The reason i say is that i see pictures all the time from inside Israel that confirm the contrary. I saw a documentary on channel 4 the other day that showed Jewish people in the occupied lands throwing stones and forcing innocent palestinians out of their homes are these not militants? should they not be arrested? One rule for palestinians in their own homes and another for their Jewish occupiers pfff

In KSA stone throwing at the police will get you thrown in Jail. Rav Israel is a democratic state and in this way it makes it better than its Arab neighbours but you lot have allot to learn about civil rights. Surly being a democratic state you should show your Arab neighbours how to handle violent uprisings rather than cluster bombing everyone.
Reply

rav
06-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by HBot 5000
Rav do you have any statistics or can point me to a source that wil verify your statement that police use rubber bullets all the time? The reason i say is that i see pictures all the time from inside Israel that confirm the contrary. I saw a documentary on channel 4 the other day that showed Jewish people in the occupied lands throwing stones and forcing innocent palestinians out of their homes are these not militants? should they not be arrested? One rule for palestinians in their own homes and another for their Jewish occupiers pfff
Actually on the contrary HBot, I have personally seen Israeli soldiers fire rubber bullets at Jewish settlers who were throwing stones. It is just as criminal as if Arab do it.

Now to the statistics: Official IDF policy is to use rubber bullets when it comes to crowd control if protesters begin throwing stones (which are lethal). However, they have now switched to "sand bullets" which are even less dangerous and all human rights groups praised the move. The only time live ammo will ever be fired according to the IDF is if Palestinians show live ammo weapons.

I can provide you with some Herbew links if you understand them or wish to get them translated.

In KSA stone throwing at the police will get you thrown in Jail. Rav Israel is a democratic state and in this way it makes it better than its Arab neighbours but you lot have allot to learn about civil rights. Surly being a democratic state you should show your Arab neighbours how to handle violent uprisings rather than cluster bombing everyone.
And how are they to brng you to jail if they cannot get near you because you are throwing huge stones at them? Could they possibly use weapons that are non-lethal to disable your throwing ability so they can put you in jail?

Peace and have a great week.
Reply

HBot 5000
06-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Please provide me with the Hebrew links as funnily enough i understand it.
Reply

Lina
06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by rav
Lina, a few comments on your post above. First, if I in the Unites States threw a stones at police, and continued after around ten warning, stones can kill so they will at least use rubber ammo, which is what Israel uses almost all of the time. It is inacceptable to do such a violent act. If you do so YOU are creating the violent situations. If you view throwing stones as resisting the "occupation" than they can be classified as enemy combatants.

Do you want to know the crime for throwing stones at police in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran etc? I would think you would not.
Can stones damage a jeep?
Are u seriously saying that a child who throws a stone at a militant will be of any threat to them?

Look at the picture, do you see Isreali militants not wearing combat gear?
They can take stones, children however cannot take anything, under such condition where being confronted with military assaults. Bullets should not be a response to stones.

Because that's all they have: stones to protect themselves.
If you are drawing a comparison to America, then these children turned out fine, if all they are doing is throwing stones, didn't they?

Right, right: a child can be classified as an enemy combatant.
Please, review what you just claimed, because you're trying to justify something which is clearly against our fundamental human rights.
These armed conflicts have a huge impact on them, they should not even be in such positions, ever.

Should we compare these acts to Saudi, Pakistan and Iran?
Are those the standards we should go by?
I'm not discussing these countries, we're discussing Isreal and their criminal behaviour towards children, which are intolarable, not matter what.

And The Almighty knows best.
Reply

rav
06-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by HBot 5000
Please provide me with the Hebrew links as funnily enough i understand it.
IDF follows the international laws of human dignirty, Enjoy:


הקוד האתי של צה"ל

הקדמה
צבא ההגנה לישראל הוא צבאה של מדינת ישראל. צה"ל פועל בכפיפות לרשויות השלטון האזרחי הדמוקרטי, ובכפוף לחוקי המדינה. מטרת צה"ל היא להגן על קיומה של מדינת ישראל ועל עצמאותה, ולסכל מאמצי אויב לשבש את אורח החיים התקין בה. חיילי צה"ל מחוייבים להילחם, להקדיש את כל כוחותיהם, ואף לחרף את נפשם להגנת מדינת ישראל, אזרחיה ותושביה. חיילי צה"ל יפעלו עפ"י ערכי צה"ל ופקודותיו, תוך שמירה על חוקי המדינה וכבוד האדם, וכיבוד ערכיה של מדינת ישראל כמדינה יהודית ודמוקרטית.

"רוח צה"ל" - הגדרה ומקורות
"רוח צה"ל" הוא תעודת הזהות הערכית של צה"ל, אשר ראוי שתעמוד ביסוד הפעולות של כל חייל וחיילת בשירות סדיר ובשירות מילואים. "רוח צה"ל" וכללי הפעולה הנגזרים ממנו הם הקוד האתי של צה"ל. "רוח צה"ל" ישמש את צה"ל, על חייליו, מפקדיו, יחידותיו וחילותיו, בעיצוב דפוסי הפעולה שלהם. על פי "רוח צה"ל" ינהגו, יחנכו ויבקרו את עצמם ואת זולתם. "רוח צה"ל" יונק מארבע מקורות:
מסורת צה"ל ומורשת הלחימה שלו כצבא ההגנה לישראל.
מסורת מדינת ישראל על עקרונותיה הדמוקרטים, חוקיה ומוסדותיה.
מסורת העם היהודי לדורותיו.
ערכי מוסר אוניברסליים המבוססים על ערך האדם וכבודו.


hamate-hameshutaf.org.il/Adcan/Files/File2.doc


Can stones damage a jeep?
Are u seriously saying that a child who throws a stone at a militant will be of any threat to them?

Look at the picture, do you see Isreali militants not wearing combat gear?
They can take stones, children however cannot take anything, under such condition where being confronted with military assaults. Bullets should not be a response to stones.
They are not all in jeeps and stone throwing does not merely occur at the riot control officers, but against any civilian in the way. As I have said all who throw stones including Jews are arrested, you can see that example perfectly in many cases (one being the gay pride parade, another being a presidential protest of Olmert.)

1. Bullets are not the response, rubber bullets and now sand bullets which are the least lethal are the response. People have a right to protest peacefuly but when someone begins to throw stones, no longer is it a protest. It is assault.

Because that's all they have: stones to protect themselves.
If you are drawing a comparison to America, then these children turned out fine, if all they are doing is throwing stones, didn't they?

Right, right: a child can be classified as an enemy combatant.
Please, review what you just claimed, because you're trying to justify something which is clearly against our fundamental human rights.
These armed conflicts have a huge impact on them, they should not even be in such positions, ever.
If they should not be in such a position than they should not be at a rock throwing protest. The children when throwing rocks are commiting an act of violence. But let us not twist it around. We are speaking of rock throwing, not children throwing rocks. The majority of the time they are adults and a rock can kill a person if you choose to believe it or not.

Our human rights protect us from having rocks thrown at us, in which some cases can kill innocent people. The police are there to prevent that. If someone is arrested and refuses to follow orders and begins throwing rocks but do you suggest they do?


Should we compare these acts to Saudi, Pakistan and Iran?
Are those the standards we should go by?
I'm not discussing these countries, we're discussing Isreal and their criminal behaviour towards children, which are intolarable, not matter what.

And The Almighty knows best.
The standards? I was going on the impression that Iran and Saudi Arabia were the closest we are to Sharia law in this world. I thought those were YOUR standards. Maybe not.
Reply

Zman
06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by barney
Two questions:
Where does "palastine" end.Hamas says its at the sea.
And can you tell me about the "Human sheild" incidents
Originally Posted by guyabano
Better say nothing anymore ! This pic has been already posted somewhere else in the forum titled 'Palestinian Kids throw stones at jewish soldiers.' And guess what, he has been caught, thats why he sit there on the hood !

Here are some examples:

1. IDF Soldiers Use Nablus Youths As ‘Human Shield:’

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...387356,00.html

2. Israeli's Use Palestinian Girl As Human Shield:

http://freethoughtmanifesto.blogspot...-as-human.html

3. Israel Accused Of Rights Abuses:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...0B546DEE1F.htm

4. Army Uses Israeli Arabs As Shield:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...08/08/02.shtml

5. Israel: Stop Forcing Civilians to Assist Military Operations:

Investigate and Prosecute Those Responsible for Using Civilians as Shields

(Human Rights Watch):

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2007/03/16/isrlpa15506.htm

6. Nablus Invasion Diary II: Human Shields and Medical Obstruction:

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article6671.shtml

7. Israeli Soldiers Use Two Palestinian Minors As Human Shields:

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article6645.shtml

8. Israeli Army 'Used Human Shields:'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6432133.stm

9. Is Israel Using Arab Villages As Human Shields?"

http://counterpunch.org/cook07192006.html

10. Nablus: Operation "Hot Winter" - Interview With Human Shield:

Media Tags are no longer supported


Reply

guyabano
06-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Lina
Aha, so arresting a child for throwing stones at militants? Aha..aha..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3650791.stm

So, what should we do about militants who shoot at children?
Come on, you cannot tell me, that you are so naive? Israelis would tie a kid to a jeep as a human shield and let Photographers take pictures of that?
This kid throw stones at the jewish soldiers and has been caught by them and tie up to the jeep till they bring him away or release him, I don't know

It takes me too long to find back the thread here in the forum else I would show it to you.
Reply

guyabano
06-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Zman

Here are some examples:

1. IDF Soldiers Use Nablus Youths As ‘Human Shield:’

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...387356,00.html

2. Israeli's Use Palestinian Girl As Human Shield:

http://freethoughtmanifesto.blogspot...-as-human.html

3. Israel Accused Of Rights Abuses:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...0B546DEE1F.htm
[b]

...

Awww come on, so silly. I can provide you hundreds of links also where Palestinian kids throw stones at jews. So what is the point? You will not impress me with your links that only jews throw stones.

Palestinian kids are innocent... yeah right !



So Shameful !:cry:
Reply

Zman
06-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by guyabano
Awww come on, so silly. I can provide you hundreds of links also where Palestinian kids throw stones at jews. So what is the point? You will not impress me with your links that only jews throw stones.

Yes, throwing stones at soldiers is much worse, than having soldiers fire back bullets, eh?

Throwing stones is worse, than having soldiers use a Palestinian as a shield so he/she would be the first to get a bullet.

Palestinian kids are innocent... yeah right !



So Shameful !:cry:

Why don't you post the many pictures of Israeli fathers showing their kids how to fire an Uzi?

Why don't you show photos of the Israeli children who signed artillery shells: "To Lebanon, With Love From Israel." right before they were fired by the IDF at Lebanese civilians.

That's what's shameful.

If you're serious about me showing you photo's of Jews throwing stones, I can do you one better, and provide a video of it.

If you'd also like, I can post a video of a nice Jewish boy telling a British reporter,
"Yes, we killed your f--king Jesus!
Reply

sudais1
06-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Palestinians kids are the one who are suffering from everything, their the one being blocked off from aid, and witnessing their parents raped or jailed for no apparent reason, Palestinians children want to fight because those kids and maybe there fathers have lived there whole lives in occupation and they don't understand peace due to the violent regime of the Israeli Government.

It is those people of Israel who are arrogant who have denied these generations and the generation before them peace. glory be to palestine
Reply

guyabano
06-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by sudais1
Palestinians kids are the one who are suffering from everything, their the one being blocked off from aid, and witnessing their parents raped or jailed for no apparent reason, Palestinians children want to fight because those kids and maybe there fathers have lived there whole lives in occupation and they don't understand peace due to the violent regime of the Israeli Government.

It is those people of Israel who are arrogant who have denied these generations and the generation before them peace. glory be to palestine

suuuuure ! And then letting an innocent kid hold a weapon in his small hands is ok? It's still grownup people who hand them the weapons, right?
Reply

guyabano
06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Zman

Yes, throwing stones at soldiers is much worse, than having soldiers fire back bullets, eh?

Throwing stones is worse, than having soldiers use a Palestinian as a shield so he/she would be the first to get a bullet.


Why don't you post the many pictures of Israeli fathers showing their kids how to fire an Uzi?

Why don't you show photos of the Israeli children who signed artillery shells: "To Lebanon, With Love From Israel." right before they were fired by the IDF at Lebanese civilians.

That's what's shameful.

If you're serious about me showing you photo's of Jews throwing stones, I can do you one better, and provide a video of it.

If you'd also like, I can post a video of a nice Jewish boy telling a British reporter,
"Yes, we killed your f--king Jesus!
Nope, the message I want to pass you is, that not only Jews are bad. You post before several links of jews doing horrible things, but at least be decent and admit that Palestinians are no way better.
In this war is no winner, wether you like it or not

It's just, when links/pics/videos of bad jews are shown, everybody cheer and clap, but as soon as somebody confront you with the other side, everybody stand up and start to become insulting and agressive!

And stop to provide me with links/videos or whatever, I'm not impressed. The other side is no way better. I can also provide you some real horrible links and videos. But I guess, they would be deleted and I will be warned in the forum because I'm a 'Kuffar', right?
Reply

rav
06-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by sudais1
Palestinians kids are the one who are suffering from everything, their the one being blocked off from aid, and witnessing their parents raped or jailed for no apparent reason, Palestinians children want to fight because those kids and maybe there fathers have lived there whole lives in occupation and they don't understand peace due to the violent regime of the Israeli Government.

It is those people of Israel who are arrogant who have denied these generations and the generation before them peace. glory be to palestine
Raped? Jailed for no reason? Why would Israel want to waste the money feeding them if you they hate Palestinians so much? Why jail people who are not breaking the law. Your theories make no sense.

Maybe the "violent regime of Israel" has indeed been violent at times, but how about Hamas and Fatah? They are having open gun battles on the street as we speak! Blowing up houses in which they believe their enemies live and fighting in front of the eyes of children, do you blame Israel for this? You cannot. Hamas and Fatah cannot even form a peace deal, how on earth can the state of Israel ever expect to make peace with the Palestinians than?

Why don't you show photos of the Israeli children who signed artillery shells: "To Lebanon, With Love From Israel." right before they were fired by the IDF at Lebanese civilians.

That's what's shameful.
As shameful as Palestinians using mickey mouse to incite Palestinian kids to hate and demonize all Jews? I believe they are equally shameful.
Reply

Philosopher
06-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by rav
Raped? Jailed for no reason? Why would Israel want to waste the money feeding them if you they hate Palestinians so much? Why jail people who are not breaking the law. Your theories make no sense.

As shameful as Palestinians using mickey mouse to incite Palestinian kids to hate and demonize all Jews? I believe they are equally shameful.
Are you implying that Jews are not racist?? LOL, that's news to me!
Reply

rav
06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Philosopher
Are you implying that Jews are not racist?? LOL, that's news to me!
Do you hate me? What have I ever done to even suggest I am racist? Can you, in your own words, explain to me what exactly has lead you to such a conclusion? One point at a time please so I can truly understand your point of view.
Reply

Zman
06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by guyabano
But I guess, they would be deleted and I will be warned in the forum because I'm a 'Kuffar', right?

Wrong!

The mods here are very fair. They are equal opportunity deleters.

I've been a member for 2 months now, and have had about 20 posts deleted...
Reply

barney
06-13-2007, 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by rav
As shameful as Palestinians using mickey mouse to incite Palestinian kids to hate and demonize all Jews? I believe they are equally shameful.
Pioneers of tommorow is all tame stuff. Dont you have Have kids of 6 or 7 phone in and tell the Kids TV presenter that you are going to "blow yourself to bits for the sake of god?"

Thats standard Kids TV stuff in the UK & Israel isnt it?

I was reading my daughters Key Stage 1 schoolbooks the other day and they were all filled with how vile the welsh were, how glorious it was to slaughter them, and how sneaky, distrustful and treacherous they are.That they never wash.
These were maps to colour in that showed Englands streaching from the North sea to the Irish sea, and songs about killing the welsh.

So I dont get your point. Teaching Kids to tear themselves to shreds and to hate a nation to the point of wiping them out is perfectly reasonable isnt it?

Anyway, Kids throwing a few rocks is totally harmless. Your overeacting.

Reply

aamirsaab
06-13-2007, 08:44 AM
:sl:
Everybody dance now.

We can be arguing who is the most aggressive out of pals and israelis until the cows come home. Fact is none of us are living there experiencing the crap on a daily basis. We just see a pic on news/internet and go: ''hey look it's a palestinian/israeli kid capping some other dude. OMG sooooooooooo bad, die israeli/palestinian scum!!!!111oneeleven.''

Also, I think we have gone completely off topic and my rule overrides you guys's opinions since this is my 'yard'.

In laymans terms:

THREAD LOCKED
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 11:32 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 10:17 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 02:53 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 12:37 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!