/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

Noor
06-06-2007, 06:27 PM
AsalamuAlaikum,

Inappropriate interaction between the opposite gender should be shunned in this forum. However, it is very prevalent.

Taking a glimpse in the forum guidlines, I have only seen this particular rule.
8. Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender.

May I suggest these:

1. Smiling or winking emoticons directed at the opposite gender are not allowed.

2. LOLing at the opposite gender is not allowed.

3. Joking with the opposite gender is not allowed.

4. Excessively praising the opposite gender is not allowed.

5. Flattering the opposite gender is not allowed.

6. Declaring your love (for the sake of Allah) to the opposite gender is not allowed.

WaAlaikumSalaam

BTW, I recently joined another forum that had these rules up and I thought they are really beneficial.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
06-06-2007, 06:28 PM
salamualikum.
Intresting. Good
Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
:wasalamex

Jazaak Allaah khayr for the suggestions, insha Allaah we'll put it forward to the admins.

:salamext:

afriend
:sl:

Good idea

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
06-06-2007, 06:31 PM

Let me think about it.....:blind:

Admin Sheeba.:D

btw good idea!!:thumbs_up

Mesmerise
06-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Ive seen similar rules on another forum *thumbsup*

3isha
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM
jazakallah

A big issue in islamic forums, i think people do get abit off track at times and admins or moderators should keep reminding and warning when people are free-mixing.

NoName55
06-07-2007, 01:22 PM

I am afraid that I can only agree with implementing
5. Flattering the opposite gender is not allowed.
and pehaps one more to stop vendettas

Noor
06-07-2007, 03:04 PM
AsalamuAlaikum,

Now that I have re-evaluated the situation, have slept on my suggestion, I think these ones are a little harsh to implement.

2. LOLing at the opposite gender is not allowed.
3. Joking with the opposite gender is not allowed.
If done with a limit, I think they will not be as harmful as the other suggestions.

Anything done excessively isn't proper in Islam. Any thoughts?

Noor
06-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm sure we can all implement #1, #4,#5 and especially #6. (and I address myself first)

It is disheartening and disgusting seeing the way some members interact with each other. Where is the Hayaa?

NoName55
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
^^ JazakiAllah khair Sister :thumbs_up

edit:

on second thought I would, partially agree to #1

smiling okay. winking not okay

Ma'asalaama

Woodrow
06-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Those are all good suggestions. I would love to see a time when there would be no need for any written rules, however we are all human and without specific guidelines we do tend to wander.

Suggestions from members are always welcome and I know that the Admins and super mods do take them under consideration and do ask us plain orange mods if we can enforce them or feel they have merit.

The Ruler
06-08-2007, 03:33 PM

some excellent suggestions ukhti...i agree with all of them 100%

format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
Where is the Hayaa?
flying with the wind i s'pose.

EDIT: and another thing...if i may;

te word "foum" does not only mean the posts. it also includes the profile, you page, your signature etc. Nope, i'm no using my imagination to pick these things up as a method of free-mixing but i have SEEN

tagtag isnt that stupid to use her imagination for an issue as serious as this.

Umar001
06-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I also think its abit wierd for sisters to call sisters names in front of brothers, like 'honey, princess, beautiful, sweety' and brothers to do the same, not that ive ever seen it in the main forums from brothers, but things like, 'handsome...' well brothers dont call each other nothing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.