/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to befriend a Jinn?

misak
06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi, I had this in my mind for some reason, Isit possible to befriend a Jinn, Well A Good one of course, even though you don't know if its good or not...But I was wondering if this is possible??..............

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
06-06-2007, 08:00 PM
:sl:

This was on IslamQA
Although the question is not the same, it is quite similar and Inshallah it will help answer your question

Question:
I spoke with this guy who´s know to e have some powers to talk with Jinn I guess muslim ones), and he told me some stuff about me.those people use words , phrases from Quran to control Jinn. What you think about those people ? And is it ok to speek with them. and those people ( Ahl el-Ketab ) who are they? frankly, I read books, they mention how to make ( TAWEEZ), and how to control Jinn, and see angles, and these books use Quran´s words I like to know more about this... I live away from my family for some years, I faced many problems, And Allah helped me to solve them... I have some ( stupid ) love problem, I need to talk with someone who can really tell me about it.. and how to solve it..

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is possible to talk to the jinn, but finding about unseen matters and what is in people’s hearts is haraam. Usually those who use words and phrases of the Qur’aan in order to gain control over the jinn use ways that are not Islamic. Using the jinn is a power that was given only to Sulaymaan (peace be upon him). Hence when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to tie up a jinn whom he had overcome during his prayer, he remembered the du’aa’ of Sulayman and did not do that.

So you should try to advise these people and if they respond, all well and good; otherwise the safest thing to do is to leave them alone and not speak to them.

Ahl al-Kitaab (the People of the Book) are the Jews and Christians.

It is OK to speak with the jinn if this happens without you seeking it, and in fact it is mustahabb to call them to the religion of Allaah and to adhere to His sharee’ah, just as you call people. It is not advisable to read books or to recite Qur’aan for this purpose, because the Qur’aan was not revealed for such things; it was revealed to be a light and a guide in the life of the Muslim, so that the Muslim can follow it, obeying its commandments and avoiding that which it forbids.

With regard to the angels, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and other prophets saw them, and some of the awliyaa’ (close friends of Allaah) spoke with them, as it was reported from ‘Imraan ibn Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the angels used to greet him with salaam until he started to use branding (cauterization for medical purposes), then they stopped. When he stopped using branding, they started to greet him again. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr
www.islamqa.com

06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
:sl:

This was on IslamQA
Although the question is not the same, it is quite similar and Inshallah it will help answer your question

www.islamqa.com
So it is possible?...........But how do u do it??? anyone know?

deen_2007
06-06-2007, 09:41 PM
all i no is if you tell ur doctor you have such a friend.....then they will clasify u as schizophrenic.....

nope...i dnt think any1 knows or would say how to communicate with them.....cos i dunno y...i get d feeling we shudnt do that....am i right ppl?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
misak
06-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah I had the same question aswell, if its possible to befriend with a jinn..........I wanna know how 2.......

and thats why u don't spread secrets about magic things or stuffs to people they will think u are mad...

*charisma*
06-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Do not concern yourself with jinn of this dunyaa. There is a barrier between their life and ours. Do not go seeking trouble. It is better yet to increase your iman and knowledge of the jinn before you try to do anything impermissible.

There are instances in the Holy Quran where the Jinn became Muslim just by hearing recitations of the Quran subahnallah:
Say: It has been revealed to me that a company of Jinns listened (to the Qur'an). They said, 'We have really heard a wonderful Recital!

'It gives guidance to the Right, and we have believed therein: we shall not join (in worship) any (gods) with our Lord.
72:1-2

Behold, We turned towards thee a company of Jinns (quietly) listening to the Qur'an: when they stood in the presence thereof, they said, "Listen in silence!" When the (reading) was finished, they returned to their people, to warn (them of their sins).

They said, "O our people! We have heard a Book revealed after Moses, confirming what came before it: it guides (men) to the Truth and to a Straight Path.

"O our people, hearken to the one who invites (you) to Allah, and believe in him: He will forgive you your faults, and deliver you from a Penalty Grievous.
46:29-31
Why search to befriend a jinn/unseen when the Ummah's is calling out for the muslimeen to unite? Let's try to fix what we can see inshallah. If you really want to work with jinn, become an exorcist.

I used to be fascinated with jinn, but I never tried to contact them, I just took some time to study about them, and that was that. If you want some books and stuff, I can post them inshallah, but other than that, you shouldn't try to do anything else inshallah. Those who try to befriend the jinn, like fortune tellers for example, will be cursed by Allah...so like I said before, just try to increase your taqwah and iman. The way you can help the jinn is if you recite Quran and practice Islam at your best, since they can see us.

fi aman allah
wa'alaikum asalaam

Sami Zaatari
06-07-2007, 12:34 AM
you wanna see jinns? do u? ok, well then, follow these instructions and your dream will come true, just be ready for what happens next, go to any broken down homes, at night, and walk inside them, and im talking about OLD abandoned dirty broken down places, go there inside, you will 75% run into some jinn contact. :) i think you will change your mind when your infront of the place, but IF YOU REALLY WANT IT go do it. thats what i did with friends, we would go this old abandoned small building every weekend to find a jinn, and then we also went to a very dark forrest area where bats where flying all over us, we went in because the guy who watches the site told us there have often been strange noises etc so we said lets go in!

lest to say once we went into the house and heard a very strange sound right beside us upon entering, my 2 friends rannnnnnnnn out quicker then they have ever before! not only that, a week after when i leave my house a black cat was sitting right on the top of the wall in the front yard, and i know the neigbors and so on, and there was no black cat belonging to anyone! and it was just sitting right there on the wall for our house looking straight at me, i walked up to it, and offcourse it didnt move or get scared, and this alllllllll happened when i so badly wanted to see a jinn.

it didnt end there, the next week, at night, i was sitting in this exact position now, reading the Quran on the pc, when i looked to my right, which was the entrance of the room, and my oh my i saw the strangest thing, there was no form, no object, however so at the entrance of my door there was this strange movement that right behind the door things were sort of moving around and it was very obvious there was some sort of invisible thing standing infront of the door because although you cant see it, you can feel its there and right behind the door everything is moving strangely which makes it obvious there is this very very strange invisible being who you can see through however so you can know its there because everything behind it is moving around and strangely.

oh boy, i got so scared, i couldnt even read the Quran anymore! i was terrified!!!!!!!! i got up, and the only way i could leave was by passing this door where this strange thing was! i did it, went and lay in bed, and it didnt end there! as i layed in bed i could feeeeeelllllll something walking on the bed as i was under the covers, i just buckled up cause i was fearing maybe it wants to go in me so i should buckle up! that was it, but boyyyyyyyy oh boy was that frightening, it happened 3 years ago, but its all good now i wouldnt be that scared as then.

but anyways, if you wanna make contact with these beings, you better be ready for it, cause it aint no game, its easy to say yeahhhhhhh its so kool etc when ur sitting on the pc and all good and prob listening to music or whatever, but when it happens, you wont be enjoying it too much thats for sure!

Sami Zaatari
06-07-2007, 12:38 AM
think of a liquidy object, you can see through it, but behind it the image is altered moving around etc, thats what i saw at the door, except its even more invisible the only way you can tell its there is by the movement going around behind the door, its so strange and harddddddddd to explain which just proves how different and un-human these things are, you cant even explain it properly!

BanGuLLy
06-07-2007, 12:46 AM
I would be careful.. I heard they can act friendly but only for you to like him.. but then he can make you do evil things.. they can pose like they are good but they could be bad..

.:Umniyah:.
06-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Besides, Jinn, although not human, ARE being in which should be respected as how we've been taught. Its not like its impossible to know why someone would want to know about them seeing how in the Quran its so much about them but we only mix with animals. Im not one who wants to know, or curious about their creation, i leave the unseen as that, but its not stupidity to what to know what you dont know already, or what is unseen to you.

Like when Ibraheem Alayhis salaam asked Allah to show him how he makes life. Would you call the Prophet stupid for this? You better not. And when Musa Alayhis salaam wanted to see Allah. Would you call him stupid for wanting to see what he hadnt seen before, yet knew so much about? EVEN talkED! to? again you better not.

So this is no different. Its not like as if they are asking about some mythical non existing creation. The Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa salam use to talk to jinn sometimes. Look up the Tafsir of Surah Ar Rahman. When the Prophet recited " which of the blessing of your Lord will you deny" The jinn responded " none of the blessing of our Lord will we deny". And when the Prophet recited that same surah unto the compaions they didnt say anything, so the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wa salaam said " Verily the jinn had a better response than you"

So someone hearing so many narrations and stories, and being curious because of it, about a creation they cant see isnt "stupidity" but rather simple human nature and interest.

Chose your words better InshaaAllah. And also think before you speak and know of what you speak before you say it. The caller has to have certain characterists before he opens his mouth to call: Knowing rather what he is saying is truth or falshood ( with PROOFS) knowing the source of his information and practising it himself.

So unless you can find from an authentic source your argument then your opinon is best keep to yourself InshaaAllah.

May Allah set striaght our affairs and leave us not in charge of ourselves for a blink of an eye Allahuma Ameen

:w:

Umm Yoosuf
06-07-2007, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu alaikum

Do not concern yourself with jinn of this dunyaa. There is a barrier between their life and ours. Do not go seeking trouble. It is better yet to increase your iman and knowledge of the jinn before you try to do anything impermissible.

There are instances in the Holy Quran where the Jinn became Muslim just by hearing recitations of the Quran subahnallah:
[INDENT] Say: It has been revealed to me that a company of Jinns listened (to the Qur'an). They said, 'We have really heard a wonderful Recital!

'It gives guidance to the Right, and we have believed therein: we shall not join (in worship) any (gods) with our Lord.
72:1-2

Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Masha Allah well said.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.