/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if iam wrong

S.A.
06-07-2007, 08:29 PM
:sl: everyone,

It caught my eye just a few moments ago and hence thought of asking u all.
If u see to the right where all the smilies appear and above them for quick typing the islamic greetings are present.

There are two: :sl: and :w:

But i think the reply is wrong. Dont u think it shud be Wa alaikum as salam instead of Wa'assalam alaikum?

Please clear my doubt.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Wa alykum as-Salaam sister.

Wa alaikum as-Salaam = And upon you the Peace.

Wa As-Salaam alaikum = And the Peace upon you

So theres not much wrong in that insha Allaah. And Allaah knows best.

S.A.
06-07-2007, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Wa alykum as-Salaam sister.

Wa alaikum as-Salaam = And upon you the Peace.

Wa As-Salaam alaikum = And the Peace upon you

So theres not much wrong in that insha Allaah. And Allaah knows best.
Thankx for the translation Akhi but the correct order is Wa'assalamu alaikum.

- Qatada -
06-07-2007, 08:43 PM
:salamext:

Yeah, i understand. But i think the arabic language is flexible, and there isn't anything wrong with saying it in the second way either [since the meaning is the same.] And Allaah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.A.
06-07-2007, 08:44 PM
:sl:

Ok. I was trying to remind of the proper way of greeting, even when the meaning is the same. and was thinking if someone cud actually correct it int he forum.

Thanks.

- Qatada -
06-07-2007, 08:48 PM
:wasalamex

Jazaak Allaah khayr, i'll put it forward to the admins. But if it doesn't get fixed up for a while, i'm sorry.. its just that the main admin, brother kadafi is away and might not come back for a while. Sorry.

May Allaah reward you.

:salamext:

Muhammad
06-10-2007, 10:48 AM
:wasalamex

You are right sister, it should actually be the other way round if one is using it to reply. We do have ':wasalamex' though, which would be the best way to reply to a greeting.

':w: ' is usually used at the end of posts.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.