/* */

PDA

View Full Version : These effeminate men should never enter upon you, O women!

Abunaaila
08-15-2005, 04:57 AM
الحمد لله رب العالمين وصلى الله وسلم على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وأصحابه ومن اهتدى بهديه إلى يوم الدين أما بعد

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

The Book of Military Expeditions

No. 4012 - Narrated Umm Salamah radhiyallaahu 'anhaa:

The Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam came to me while there was an effeminate man sitting with me, and I heard him (i.e. the effeminate man) saying to 'Abdullaah bin Abi Umaiya, "O 'Abdullah! See if Allaah should make you conquer Ta'if tomorrow, then take the daughter of Ghailan (in marriage) as (she is so beautiful and fat that) she shows four folds of flesh when facing you, and eight when she turns her back." The Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam then said, "These (effeminate men) should never enter upon you (O women!)." Ibn Juraij radhiyallaahu 'anhu said, "That effeminate man was called Hit."

كتاب اللباس The Book of Dress

No. 5506 - Narrated Ibn 'Abbaas radhiyallaahu 'anhu:

The Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam cursed effeminate men (those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners of women) and those women who assume the manners of men, and he said, "Turn them out of your houses." The Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam turned out such-and-such man, and 'Umar radhiyallaahu 'anhu turned out such-and-such woman

Taken from Saheehul Bukhaaree - http://www.spubs.com/sps/sbk/

وصلى الله وسلم على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه وسلم تسليما كثيراً

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuko
08-15-2005, 12:02 PM
:sl:

Does that include the gay and lesbian?

:w:

Ummu Amatullah
08-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Asallama Alaikum yes,sister mainly the gays and lesbo's.Jazakallah brother for the hadith & link.Very beneficial.Welcome to LI forums hope you enjoy your stay. :D

Takumi
08-15-2005, 01:13 PM

What did the prophet do with that man? :confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
08-15-2005, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abunaaila
الحمد لله رب العالمين وصلى الله وسلم على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وأصحابه ومن اهتدى بهديه إلى يوم الدين أما بعد

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

The Book of Military Expeditions

No. 4012 - Narrated Umm Salamah radhiyallaahu 'anhaa:

The Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam came to me while there was an effeminate man sitting with me, and I heard him (i.e. the effeminate man) saying to 'Abdullaah bin Abi Umaiya, "O 'Abdullah! See if Allaah should make you conquer Ta'if tomorrow, then take the daughter of Ghailan (in marriage) as (she is so beautiful and fat that) she shows four folds of flesh when facing you, and eight when she turns her back." The Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam then said, "These (effeminate men) should never enter upon you (O women!)." Ibn Juraij radhiyallaahu 'anhu said, "That effeminate man was called Hit."
Was this effeminate man calling Ghailan fat or something? 'Four folds of flesh'? Flipping heck.

Also, does 'effeminate men' include 'metrosexuals'? They're not gay, but kind of like Beckham in their obsession with their appearance.

Abunaaila
08-16-2005, 03:09 AM
As Salaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatu Allah:

Sorry I don't have the shar nor the takreej of this hadeeth. But does it include the gay. Yes it does. There are men that are effeminate in nature but not gay. They still like women. I knew some of these types back before I was Muslim. But how much more then the gay man. Isn't he more than just effeminate if he finds attraction in a man??? By Allah this man is worse than justthe effeminate. He is cursed!!!

As to what was done withthis man.... The hadeeth does not specify. So nor shall I. Far be it by me to speak on what I have no knowledge of. If anyone has access to the shar of this hadeeth, then please by all means bring it.

Barak Allahu Feek,

Mainul_Islam
08-16-2005, 02:52 PM
"metrosexual" ;D

Muezzin
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
"metrosexual" ;D
Yeah, it is a pretty rare term.

Zuko
09-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Ok, I got a computer teacher who acts, like a girl, lol... He's married and all, but you can't help but get the feeling that he's a little too feminine for his own good... He wears tight clothes and well basically just talks like one too... There's nothing wrong with having a teacher like that is there?

TEH
09-18-2005, 11:09 AM
The scary thing: She goes to an islamic schoool....

Anyway, Im not sure, but do you think this hadeeth also means we shouldnt be hanging around with girls...

:)

Zuko
09-18-2005, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
;D Oh there's more than effeminate men at my school, you can be 100% sure of that....:thumbs_do

Anyway, Im not sure, but do you think this hadeeth also means we shouldnt be hanging around with girls...

:)
Well, technically, you shouldn't be anyways, but the prophet (SAW) was talking about a dude, not a dudette...:p

TEH
09-18-2005, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Queenoftheworld
Well, technically, you shouldn't be anyways, but the prophet (SAW) was talking about a dude, not a dudette...:p
Thats what I meant clever girl...

:D

Muezzin
09-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Thats what I meant clever girl...

:D
Stop free-mixing, James Bond :p

black_blood
09-19-2005, 08:39 AM
i guess we can hang around girls,
but we better not get TOO CLOSE....
anyway dat was a nice hadith

SALAMZ

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-19-2005, 08:51 AM
When the hadith says that women should not act like men, does that mean they cannot wear trouses? Because alot of women dispute about this, as some women say some trousers are for women not men. I guess this also questions the modesty of wearing trousers, since you can kinda tell the figure of a woman when she wears trousers. Sorry if i'm kinda going off the topic here. But I always wondered about that (I don't wear trousers and i'm not intending to either just in case u were wondering :) ). :coolsis: Ok salaam to all.... :rose:

- Qatada -
09-19-2005, 09:09 AM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

The correct Islamic behaviour required of Muslim women which keeps them from wantonly displaying their attractions is characterised by the following:

(A) Lowering the Gaze Indeed, the most precious ornament of a woman is modesty, and the best expression of modesty is in the lowering of the Gaze, as Allah says: ".....And tell the believing women that they should lower their gazes.....(24:31)

(B) No Intermingling Not intermingling with men in such way that their bodies come in contact or that men touch women, as happens so often today in movie theatres, university classrooms, auditoriums, buses, street cars, and the like. Ma'qal Ibn Yasar narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) said, "It is better for one of you to be pricked in the head with an iron pick than to touch a woman whom it is unlawful to touch."

(C) Her clothing must conform to the standards laid down by the Islamic Shari'ah, which are as follows:

1. Her dress must cover her entire body with the exception of "that which is apparent," which, according to the most preferable interpretation, refers to the face and hands.

2. It must not be transparent, revealing what is underneath. The Prophet (Pbuh) has informed us that, among the dwellers of hell are such women as are clothed yet naked, seduced and being seduced. These shall not enter the Garden, nor shall (even) its fragrance reach them. Here the meaning of "clothed yet naked" is that their light, thin, transparent garments do not conceal what is underneath. Once some women of Bani Tamim, who were clad in transparent clothes, came to see Hazrat Aisha (ra) and she remarked, "If you are Believers, these are not the clothes which befit believing women." On another occasion, when a bride wearing a sheer and transparent head-covering was brought into her presence, she commented, "A woman who dresses like this does not believe in Surah al-Nur." (Surah 24, which together with Surah 33 (al-Ahzab) contains many injunctions concerning purity and propriety, man-woman relations, and dress. (Trans.)

3. Her dress must not be too tight so as to define the contours of her body even though it may not be transparent. This describes many of the styles of clothing current in the sensuous, materialistic civilisation of the Western world, whose fashion designers compete with one another in devising clothing for women which tantalisingly emphasises the bustline, waist, and hips, etc., in order to elicit the lustful admiration of men. Women who wear such clothes likewise fall under the definition of "clothed yet naked," since such a dress is often more provocative than one which is transparent.

4. She must not wear clothes which are specially for men, such as trousers in our time. The Prophet (Pbuh) cursed women who try to resemble men and men who resemble women, and prohibited women from wearing men's clothing and vice-versa.

5. In her choice of clothing a Muslim woman should not imitate non-Muslims, whether they are Jews, Christians, or pagans, for Islam disapproves of conformity to non-Islamic modes and desires its followers to develop their own distinctive characteristics in appearance, as well as in beliefs and attitudes. This is why Muslims have been asked to be different from non-Muslims in many ways, and why the Prophet (Pbuh) has said, "Whoever imitates a people is one of them."

(D) The Muslims woman walks and talks in a dignified and business-like manner, avoiding flirtatiousness in her facial expressions and movements. Flirting and seductive behaviour are characteristics of women with immoral motives, not of Muslims. Allah says; " Then do not be too pleasant of speech, lest one in whose heart there is a disease should feel desire (for you).....(33:32) (Pbuh) She does not draw men's attention to her concealed adornment by the use of perfume or by jingling or toying with her ornaments or other such things. Allah says: "They should not strike their feet in order to make known what they hide of their adornment....." (24:31) The women of the time of Jahiliyyah used to stamp their feet when they passed by men so that the jingling of their ankle-bracelets might be heard. The Qur'an forbade this, both because it might tempt a lecherous man to pursue her and also because it demonstrates the evil intention of the woman in attempting to draw the attention of men to herself. Similar is the Islamic ruling concerning the use of fragrant perfumes, since here again the intention is to attract men by exciting their desire. A Hadith states, "The woman who perfumes herself and passes through a gathering is an adulteress." Islam does not require, as some people claim, a woman to remain confined to her house until death takes her out to her grave. On the contrary, she may go out for namaz, for her studies, and for her other lawful needs, both religious and secular, as was customary among the women of the families of the Prophet's Companions and the women of later generations. Moreover, this early period of Islam is considered by all Muslims to be the best and most exemplary period in the history of Islam. Among the women of this time were those who took part in battles in the company of the Prophet (Pbuh) himself, and after that under the caliphs and their commanders. The Messenger of Allah (Pbuh) told his wife Saudah, "Allah has permitted you to go out for your needs." He also said, "If someone's wife asks his permission to go to the mosque, he should not deny it to her." (Reported by al-Bukhari, on the authority of Aisha and Umar respectively). On another occasion he said, "Do not prevent the bond-maids of Allah from (going to) Allah's mosques." (Reported by Muslim).

Allah (swt) knows best.

Source

black_blood
09-19-2005, 09:37 AM
ooohhhh no.....
im wat ppl call a tomboy....
but seriuosly i appereciate ALLAH made me famale....
but all i do is play sports, collect swords...the list goes on.... which means i wear sports TROUSERS......and joggers....
but but....... i am ready to sacrifice ANYTHING for ALLAH.....
but im not a type of girl who paint myself with make-up , nailpolish, wear high heels, oohhhh i dont know wat to do....
anyway sorry for the lenghy reply. but thank you for reminding me akhee.

SALAMZ

Muezzin
09-19-2005, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by black_blood
ooohhhh no.....
im wat ppl call a tomboy....
but seriuosly i appereciate ALLAH made me famale....
but all i do is play sports, collect swords...
Collect... swords? :omg: You're giving me mental images of Kill Bill!

:p

minaz
09-19-2005, 06:42 PM
lol no she's givin you images of Lucy Lu! You just translate them to be mental images :p

Halima
09-19-2005, 06:44 PM

hahahaha

Mainul_Islam
09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by black_blood
i guess we can hang around girls,
but we better not get TOO CLOSE....
anyway dat was a nice hadith

SALAMZ

i thought a muslimah is not allowed to be a non-mahram of the opposite gender

TEH
09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
^ Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

And Muezzin, my James Bond days are over....

:p

Zuko
09-20-2005, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Queenoftheworld
Ok, I got a computer teacher who acts, like a girl, lol... He's married and all, but you can't help but get the feeling that he's a little too feminine for his own good... He wears tight clothes and well basically just talks like one too... There's nothing wrong with having a teacher like that is there?
???:confused:

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-20-2005, 02:16 PM
:sl: wr wb
JazakAllahu khayran akhee! May Allah bless you! :)
This forum rocks....heheheheh :coolsis: !

black_blood
09-27-2005, 06:47 AM
well,
you see we all have something.....different about ourselves,
and yes i gave my bro-in-law a nice graffiti knife for his birhtday...and he liked it!

SALAMZ

gbrl
05-07-2006, 03:36 AM
so some of u guys know sissy men right? what would you tell/advise them? and why such a harsh punishment for these effeminate men (cursing by the prophet is not a little thing isnt it?)
i know a few guys who have really feminine traits. they were born with it and its difficult for them to act all manly and pretentious all the time. what should their solution in islam be? send them all outta your city and banishing them to some remote island in the doldrums?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.