/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Chain/s haram to wear?

06-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Is it haram to wear a chain??..........It does not effect your health or anything like that.......

I was wondering is it haram 2 wear??

Help is appreciated........

for Men..........umm, Silver, Diamond,.........

wih pendants

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
06-08-2007, 08:09 PM
erm do u mean fof men/women?

gold/silver?

*~Sofia~*
06-08-2007, 08:09 PM
salams,

wot do u mean a chain? as in a necklace?

wasalam

06-08-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
salams,

wot do u mean a chain? as in a necklace?

wasalam
Where else do u wear a chain?..........yeah i'm talkin about around your neck.....but i dont like the sound of necklace for sum reason lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
06-08-2007, 08:15 PM
so ....... can u answer my questions plz....

*~Sofia~*
06-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Where else do u wear a chain?..........yeah i'm talkin about around your neck.....but i dont like the sound of necklace for sum reason lol

^ lol, whoops, a blond moment :X

well it depends if ur a gurl or a guy.
guys arn't allowed to wear gold, but r allowed to wear silver.
gurls can wear gold or silver, its not haram for females.

wasalam

06-08-2007, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK
so ....... can u answer my questions plz....
for Men.......... Silver, Diamond,.........

ISIT HARAM TO WEAR A CHAIN LIKE WITH A PENDANT.......FOR MALE?

Helena
06-08-2007, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ......
Is it haram to wear a chain??..........It does not effect your health or anything like that.......

wih pendants
jazaks for making ti clear....

i am only aware of men are not allowed to wear gold...

am quiet sure silver/diamond can be acceptable....but then its a necklace....am not sure....

hope others can help u out inshAllah...sorry cudnt be a help to u...

*~Sofia~*
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
With regard to wearing chains, this is not permissible for men, because this is an imitation of women, and there is no report which says that it is permissible for men to wear chains made of silver.

Wearing adornments on the wrist and neck, and on the ears, is an imitation of women, as this is something that is only for women. So it is not permissible for men to wear bracelets, earrings, anklets, or chains.
Islam Q&A; Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

source: http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=6697&ln...

06-08-2007, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
With regard to wearing chains, this is not permissible for men, because this is an imitation of women, and there is no report which says that it is permissible for men to wear chains made of silver.

Wearing adornments on the wrist and neck, and on the ears, is an imitation of women, as this is something that is only for women. So it is not permissible for men to wear bracelets, earrings, anklets, or chains.
Islam Q&A; Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

source: http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=6697&ln...
I don't get how that is imitating women??..............thats like saying its haram 2 wear ring/s.........because women wear that aswell

- Qatada -
06-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't get how that is imitating women??..............thats like saying its haram 2 wear ring/s.........because women wear that aswell

:salamext:

Thats why certain scholars say that guys shouldn't wear earrings either, because its an imitation of women. :) And Allaah knows best.

In this regard, Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Muslim lecturer and author, states:

"With regard to wearing chains, this is not permissible for men, because this is an imitation of women, and there is no report that says that it is permissible for men to wear chains made of silver.

Wearing adornments on the wrist and neck, and on the ears, is an imitation of women, as this is something that is only for women. So it is not permissible for men to wear bracelets, earrings, anklets, or chains."

Source

deen_2007
06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Men shoudnt wear diamond....Its a girls thing! lol

& gold will look 'off' on them too....

06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Thats why certain scholars say that guys shouldn't wear earrings either, because its an imitation of women. :) And Allaah knows best.

In this regard, Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Muslim lecturer and author, states:

"With regard to wearing chains, this is not permissible for men, because this is an imitation of women, and there is no report that says that it is permissible for men to wear chains made of silver.

Wearing adornments on the wrist and neck, and on the ears, is an imitation of women, as this is something that is only for women. So it is not permissible for men to wear bracelets, earrings, anklets, or chains."

Source
Just like I said to the other person

"I don't get how that is imitating women??..............thats like saying its haram 2 wear ring/s on your finger.........because women wear that aswell"

Ra`eesah
06-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Listen, they are giving the answers of the Scholars, they can not answer your questions, unless otherwise answered by that scholar. But I can tell you this, whatever they say they have proof of it from the quran and Sunaah. So your question there as to why its ok for men wearing rings is because the prophet (s) wore a ring. Bas. Full stop.

- Qatada -
06-08-2007, 08:59 PM

I think they say that it's permissible to wear a silver ring since it's reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) did. And Allaah knows best.

06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
that sounds really wierd

Kittygyal
06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Salamualikum.
Get over it people
ma'assalama

chacha_jalebi
06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
that sounds really wierd
what does?

personally i think this needs to be widened, cos not all chains are girly, same way not all rings are girly. there are different types/designs of chains, some which are blatantly masculine and some which are not.

its a wide topic, like i cant say all shalwar kameez or trainers are haram,bcos there are mens and womans ones:D

ummAbdillah
06-08-2007, 09:41 PM
:sl:

Wearing adornments on the wrist and neck, and on the ears, is an imitation of women, as this is something that is only for women. So it is not permissible for men to wear bracelets, earrings, anklets, or chains. For more information please see Question #(4021).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
source
:w:

00:00
06-08-2007, 10:49 PM
They look ugly, y would any1 wanna wear a stupid chain for. i dont understand. if they think they look cool, then there a fool.

06-09-2007, 05:31 PM

NoName55
06-09-2007, 06:42 PM
If nothing else its waste and extravagance in face of all the hunger, starvation, he wants to wear diamonds.

06-18-2007, 05:46 PM
someone....?? please

------
06-18-2007, 06:56 PM

'......' they have given you your answer and if you do not want to accept it then that is ur bad.

Pureyemeni
06-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I hate chains it makes me look down and it's horrible i will stick with my tasbeeh.

NoName55
06-18-2007, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pureyemeni
I hate chains it makes me look down and it's horrible i will stick with my tasbeeh.
Would you please take a look at this thread as it may be of great benefit to you.
Thikr beads Al-Imaam Al-Albaanee (rahimahullaah) discussion
jazakaAllah khair for reading and :w:

Pureyemeni
06-18-2007, 08:33 PM

I will read when i get home InshaAllah.

NoName55
06-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Thank you wa salaam alaikum

06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
what does?

personally i think this needs to be widened, cos not all chains are girly, same way not all rings are girly. there are different types/designs of chains, some which are blatantly masculine and some which are not.

its a wide topic, like i cant say all shalwar kameez or trainers are haram,bcos there are mens and womans ones:D
^^^ yeah thats what I was thinking.......

rozeena
06-19-2007, 03:54 PM
can men wear silver chains?

F@tim@
06-19-2007, 06:21 PM
someone....?? please
You have been given many different sources from different scholars.
You want to wear a chain and you want somebody to say/give you a source that it is completely permissible.
Muslims should copy the Prophets way of life in everything. He never wore a chain, just a silver ring. On the ring it said, "Allah Rasool Muhammad" underneath each other and the Prophet would use it as his signature and stamp it at the end of every letter.
Oh yh, gold AND platinum is not allowed for men.

Pureyemeni
06-19-2007, 06:28 PM

wih pendants

Gold is Haram to wear for men. Silver is permissible,but not sure about chains. as according to this source. this is authentic hadeeth from Sahih Bukhari and Muslim.

With regard to men wearing rings of silver: this is permissible and there is nothing wrong with it.

Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to send a letter to the Romans, he was told that they would not read any letter unless it had a seal on it, so he took a ring of silver. It is as if I can see it shining on his hand, and engraved on it were the words ‘Muhammad the Messenger of Allaah.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5537; Muslim 2092).

A similar report was also narrated

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) was asked about men wearing silver, and he said:

As for rings of silver, this is permissible according to the consensus of the imaams, for it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a ring of silver and that his companions wore rings. This is unlike gold rings, which are forbidden according to the consensus of the four imaams. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that. As for wearing silver, there is no general statement that it is forbidden, and no one has the right to say that it is forbidden if there is no shar’i evidence (daleel) to that effect. As the Sunnah permits wearing silver rings, this is evidence that wearing silver is permissible…”

(Majmoo’ al-Fataawaa, 25/63-65).

Wearing adornments on the wrist and neck, and on the ears, is an imitation of women, as this is something that is only for women. So it is not permissible for men to wear bracelets, earrings, anklets, or chains. For more information please see Question #(4021).

And Allaah knows best.

Umm Yoosuf
06-19-2007, 09:28 PM

Question answered thus

:threadclo

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.