/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IP address

snakelegs
06-09-2007, 04:08 AM
how do i find out my IP?
how do i find out someone else's?
i'm new to DSL wireless and i keep getting a message that someone has gotten on my network and don't know how to find out whether it's the person who should be on there or someone else.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
06-09-2007, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
how do i find out my IP?
how do i find out someone else's?
i'm new to DSL wireless and i keep getting a message that someone has gotten on my network and don't know how to find out whether it's the person who should be on there or someone else.
you know what?? :D

i just learned from my friend two weeks ago...

you can just google...

just type what is my ip address

kewl uh..

Panther
06-09-2007, 04:35 AM
whatsmyipaddress.com

snakelegs
06-09-2007, 05:52 AM
thanks syilla and panther.
i knew i could find out on the islamic forum! :D
looks like i have a security issue.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musalmaan
06-09-2007, 08:33 AM
what you can also do is that you can install a firewall in your computer which protect your computer from any outside attack.

A firewall checks any hand shaking of your computer, knowing which machines is talking to your machine and vice versa, so its a typical desi husband :D and keep your computer safe.

zone alarm is a firewall program, u can download it from download.com. its quiet heavy software and if your machine is well equipped then its easy to use it.

I hope it helps.

syilla
06-09-2007, 03:01 PM
thanks syilla and panther.
i knew i could find out on the islamic forum! :D
looks like i have a security issue.....
your welcome!

i think using dial-up will have the same IP address everytime you log in.

But when using broadband it will change everytime you on the modem. Thats what my friend told me... :rolleyes:

Anyway, i was wondering do you think we can google others IP address easily. Not that i know what to do with other ppl IP address. Just to check whether is it that easy to check other ppl IP. Then maybe i've to download the software that hides IP addresses.

Abdul-Raouf
06-09-2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.showmyip.com/

http://www.ip-adress.com/

Try the above to they r accurate ... in tellin the location too (it worked for me)....

OR

If u want to check in ur system itself then

For win users...

Go to --> Run--> type cmd-->type ipconfig then press enter... u will get the connection details

snakelegs
06-10-2007, 02:38 AM
it turns out that the warning was for my own network and not an outsider trying to get in! :-[ i hadn't had that warning before but had just loaded a new anti-virus program and it apparently feels it necessary to tell me this! i was really upset because the phone company had told me it was secure and now i was being told that there were "other computers" on the system.
i am now norton-free! i don't know if norton exists in other countries but it's the biggest anti-virus software here and i hate them, as do a lot of other people. i switched to trend micro-virus last december for my other computer and have had no problems.
i have windows defender and a personal firewall from the anti-virus program.
thanks again, everyone.

.:Umniyah:.
06-10-2007, 02:48 AM
it turns out that the warning was for my own network and not an outsider trying to get in! :-[ i hadn't had that warning before but had just loaded a new anti-virus program and it apparently feels it necessary to tell me this! i was really upset because the phone company had told me it was secure and now i was being told that there were "other computers" on the system.
i am now norton-free! i don't know if norton exists in other countries but it's the biggest anti-virus software here and i hate them, as do a lot of other people. i switched to trend micro-virus last december for my other computer and have had no problems.
i have windows defender and a personal firewall from the anti-virus program.
thanks again, everyone.
i have norton too and spyware and some other junk. I dont know the difference between any of these things, nor do i know when they are and arent working. Whats the prob with norton? prehaps i should change tooo:?

oh and i was reading on this other forum, people telling you how to get other peoples Ip addresses ....but i dont understand what their saying at all....prehaps someone here might...

Option 1: "Unregistered Posts: n/a

whatz crackin

there are many ways to track ones ip addy there is software to do it there is also scanners\sniffers but i use the command prompt to get them myself it is not hard to figure out if u have a hour and the will to learn u could do it as well truely it should not amaze you when someone has your ip addy because most dont have any idea what to do with it once they have it have a nice day and keep your ports pulled shut

« ŔĥětяÖ$TōþĤèLéš »"

Option 2: "Generally speaking, its hard to get someones IP address from a chatroom. You can 'whois' a user in IRC chat but the host name or IP address you will get is that of their ISP.

To get someones IP you need to have a direct connection from your computer to theirs. When you have a connection established (example: sending a song or image file to someone else) open your MS-DOS window and type netstat -a or netstat -n
This will list all current connections, their host names and IP addresses. Happy hunting."

Option 3: "WEll There Are many Ways.
1.Using DOs: Type Netstat -n or netstat -an
You Wil Get All Foriegn IP Which
connecting to ur Pc (Note: If You Want Sm's Ip From msn You have to send him File or Open Cam With Him To Be Cleared IT's will Be Close _Time) Enjoy..!
2.Using Scanners : You Can Use Too Many Scanners To Ping on Foriegn IP You Can Search in Google For It
..There is too many but That's Enough
Posted By :AhmedLeopard::.HackerZ KillerZ Team::."

Option 4: "you have to figure out one thing: the mailbox is like a folder on a server, or like a partition. anybody can run an email server (search for email servers with a search engine; they're software, programs which run on a computer with a public IP address - gennerally). so, just ping mail.server.net, and you might just find out the IP of abuse@server.net, which most probably is the same or very simillar to the one of user666@server.net. and another thing, i assume you realize that a mailbox is accessible from anywhere, as long as you know the correct username and password. so, if you want to find the IP that is accessing that mailbox, well, that's another story. hm, you might consider cracking the server and stealing the logs, but probably wouldn't do you any good, as you might find a lot of IP's that have accessed the mailbox. so, my advice: mark that email address as spam "

In reply to the above option 4 someone said "you have to guess too" so option 4 poster replied saying...

Option 4 Continues...:"not really. for example yahoo messenger listes on port 80. so, if you send someone a file, you'll see a connection to the remote ip on port http, or 80 if given -n option to netstat. ok, but you could have a browser running, so there will be a lot of connections on remote port http. which one is the one you are looking for? well, you could close all the browser's windows, or investigate all the ip's that you see with netstat. or, you could receive the file, so then you will be the one with port http (80) connected. as long as you don't have a proxy server, web server, or other server other than the instant messenger's (yahoo) file thansfer server, you are sure that the remote ip connecting to your http port is the one you are looking for.
example:

C:\>netstat -n

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 192.168.1.2:2145 216.155.193.167:5050 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.1.2:2170 216.239.37.99:80 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.1.2:80 123.123.123.123:666 ESTABLISHED

translation:
1. me connected to yahoo server (remote port 5050)
2. me connected to google.com (remote port 80) <= browser
3. me receiving a file through yahoo messenger's file transfer protocol from remote ip 123.132.123.123, remote port 666 on (this is the catch!) local port 80.
so, guess the ip i'm looking for "

ohhhhhhhhhhhhkay....now any of you LIs' dechiper thru all that computer talk and explain to peoples like me what the heck do they mean?:? :?

HBot 5000
06-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Norton internet security is one of the best s/w you can get that will keep you safe on the internet.

Noobs like ^ don't know anything +o(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.