/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Query over signatures used in the forum

S.A.
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
:sl: everyone,

I have been noticing the practice of posting animal pics and signatures with animal pictures in the forum. Esp. in threads by Kity Gal over kittens and cats where the participation has been tremendous.

This has really confused me a lot,. since accordign to my knowledge pics containing pictures of human beings, animals, birds etc..anything that has soul to it is haram. So can we clear the matter here , as it is defnitely a serious matter coz there is a hadith which talks abt the issue quite seriously.

Can I have someone clear the matter?

Massalamah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musalmaan
06-10-2007, 07:15 AM
^^ appreciable. :thumbs_up

3ARABY_2005
06-10-2007, 07:41 AM
This has really confused me a lot,. since accordign to my knowledge pics containing pictures of human beings, animals, birds etc..anything that has soul to it is haram.
THAT'S FOR THE REAL PICS SIS....NOT ON THE PC

THE PICS OF HUMANS AND ANIMALS R ALLOWED ON THE PC AND NET

THE PICTURES THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ALL ARE PICTURES OF HUMANS AND ANIMALES PAINTED BY HUMAN

((SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH....IF U CAN SPEAK ARABIC WELL...I'LL GAVE U THE EVIDENCE IN ARABIC WITH FATWA ))

JAZAKUMULLAH KHAIR

.:Umniyah:.
06-10-2007, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.
:sl: everyone,

I have been noticing the practice of posting animal pics and signatures with animal pictures in the forum. Esp. in threads by Kity Gal over kittens and cats where the participation has been tremendous.

This has really confused me a lot,. since accordign to my knowledge pics containing pictures of human beings, animals, birds etc..anything that has soul to it is haram. So can we clear the matter here , as it is defnitely a serious matter coz there is a hadith which talks abt the issue quite seriously.

Can I have someone clear the matter?

Massalamah.
:w:

There are difference of opinons about the modern way of making pictures. It is agreed that th hand drawn pictures and ones developed and printed on paper is haraam but they differ about digital pictures, and videos. Saying it merely is a reflection verses a duplication.

Maybe this will help.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10326&ln=eng&txt=

Wa Allahu 3lim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.A.
06-10-2007, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3ARABY_2005
THAT'S FOR THE REAL PICS SIS....NOT ON THE PC

THE PICS OF HUMANS AND ANIMALS R ALLOWED ON THE PC AND NET

THE PICTURES THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ALL ARE PICTURES OF HUMANS AND ANIMALES PAINTED BY HUMAN

((SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH....IF U CAN SPEAK ARABIC WELL...I'LL GAVE U THE EVIDENCE IN ARABIC WITH FATWA ))

JAZAKUMULLAH KHAIR
Salam alaikum bro,

I did understand ur english but its not really making sense to me.
I agree that pictures painted by human beings are haram. But then if the same picrures are scanned or directtly taken from some digital camera and posted in forums they are not haram? This lacks logic.

S.A.
06-10-2007, 08:29 AM
im confused :rollseyes

I have also seen some of the scholars pictrures on on the cassettes of their video lectrures. like Dr. Zakir Naik. And there seeems nothign wrong with it as it is for islamic purpose and falls under the marketing of islamic product.

But on the other hand if we take photographs of wedding parties or any other function then it is haram. Is that the case? Does it depend on the purpose 'Niyyah" as they say? or the means?

3ARABY_2005
06-10-2007, 08:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.
Salam alaikum bro,

I did understand ur english but its not really making sense to me.
I agree that pictures painted by human beings are haram. But then if the same picrures are scanned or directtly taken from some digital camera and posted in forums they are not haram? This lacks logic.
U DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN...TRY THE LINK IN SIS .:Umniyah:. 'S POST

JAZAKUMULLAH KHAIR

S.A.
06-10-2007, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3ARABY_2005
U DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN...TRY THE LINK IN SIS .:Umniyah:. 'S POST

JAZAKUMULLAH KHAIR
Bro Araby i understood wht u said but im not convinced with ur explanation thats all.

As for the link - Dint understand and didnt help me :-[

vpb
06-10-2007, 08:36 AM
I don't know anything about wether it is haram or not,
but I know for sure that pictures/videos on computer are just a bunch of binary numbers (1's and 0's), so they don't exist in reality, in physical sense. but don't know if that makes any difference on the rulings of pics.

ummAbdillah
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
:sl:
Allahu Alam,
I don't think here's the best place to ask reagarding this issue. It's best to ask an Alim or a student of knowledge :)
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.