/* */

PDA

View Full Version : PLumber, anybody?

Thanaa
06-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I was just wondering if there are any Muslim Men and Women on here who have retrained as plumbers?
Im considering starting a course in plumbing or training as an electrician...
While I could go back to college, I need to be earning my crust as well as studying.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
England
06-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Finding an employer that will train you to do plumbing is very difficult. Plumbers are like gold dust. I tried it not so long ago. NOBODY was willing to train me. I moved to electrician. I've already passed my 1st year of the course with JTL when I was 17 but I quit but now I've got to start from scratch. I also have to put my own funding in after I reach 24 so that will be about £1000 or so.

You'll find LOADs that are willing to train you to do your electrician apprenticeship. You'll have no problem with that but your plumbing will be hard.

Snowflake
06-10-2007, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thanaa
I was just wondering if there are any Muslim Men and Women on here who have retrained as plumbers?
Im considering starting a course in plumbing or training as an electrician...
While I could go back to college, I need to be earning my crust as well as studying.

I don't know anything about plumbing but mashaAllah, this is exactly the kind of thing the ummah needs.

I'm mad abt DIY and I used to work as an interior decorator. Recently I met a sister who also loves DIY and can also do tiling, wall-papering etc. So I said to her, that muslim sisters who would rather have a female come to do the job and we can consider providing a decorating service together. We thought it was a brilliant idea and one that can work really well. Now you saying you want to train as an electrician is the icing on the cake. Plumbing or electrics -both are beneficial sis. But considering the amount of times my washing machine and dishwasher have needed fixing, I think plumbers might be more in demand.

Good luck sis. May Allah grant you success inshaAllah - Ameen.

Edit: Why not get a weekend job to help your income inshaAllah?

Thanaa
06-10-2007, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I don't know anything about plumbing but mashaAllah, this is exactly the kind of thing the ummah needs.

I'm mad abt DIY and I used to work as an interior decorator. Recently I met a sister who also loves DIY and can also do tiling, wall-papering etc. So I said to her, that muslim sisters who would rather have a female come to do the job and we can consider providing a decorating service together. We thought it was a brilliant idea and one that can work really well. Now you saying you want to train as an electrician is the icing on the cake. Plumbing or electrics -both are beneficial sis. But considering the amount of times my washing machine and dishwasher have needed fixing, I think plumbers might be more in demand.

Good luck sis. May Allah grant you success inshaAllah - Ameen.

Edit: Why not get a weekend job to help your income inshaAllah?
I was thinking about that-if I qualify as a Plumber or Electrician, I may possibly be able to carve out a niche for myself attending the homes of women and the elderly.
:D Plus I cant stand the thought of elderly women being taken advantage of by unscrupulous male plumers and 'leccies...It happens qquite a bit in the UK apparently.
A weekend job is a good idea! :thankyou:
I was considering doing a degree in business (which I still want to do), and a weekend job may get me £125 a month extra cash...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.