united
06-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Would you consider:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
:sl:
I can't vote beause i don't know the correct Islamic ruling regading this
'till then :) this poll should be intersting.

.:Umniyah:.
06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister-aisha
I can't vote beause i don't know the correct Islamic ruling regading this
'till then :) this poll should be intersting.
diddo. I was just thinking the same thing.

So does anyone know the correct ISlamic view on this?:?

united
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
To put it mildly "there is a difference in opinion" amongst the Ulema
But how do you personaly feel?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummAbdillah
06-11-2007, 10:07 PM
The Ruling On Organ Donation
To save a person's life i would donate a kidney but that's about it. Allahu Alam :)
:w:

united
06-11-2007, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister-aisha
The Ruling On Organ Donation
To save a person's life i would donate a kidney but that's about it. Allahu Alam :)
what if you were seriously ill and needed a heart transplant. would you accept a heart were it available?

DAWUD_adnan
06-11-2007, 10:14 PM
if im dead then i think i would....:)

ummAbdillah
06-11-2007, 10:14 PM
According to the Fawa i posted above.. i could. I don't know. I hate to imagine being in that situation in the first place :(

asadxyz
06-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Assalaamo Alaikum;
I myself is not a scholar but Holy Quran has laid down certain principles which may give guidlines;

Saving one Human life is equal to saving all humanity:

مَن قَتَلَ نَفْسًا بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِي الأَرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَمَنْ أَحْيَاهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَلَقَدْ جَاء تْهُمْ رُسُلُنَا بِالبَ يِّنَاتِ ثُمَّ إِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِّنْهُم بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ فِي الأَرْضِ لَمُسْرِفُونَ﴿5:32﴾
(5:32) that he who slays a soul unless it be (in punishment) for murder or for spreading mischief on earth shall be as if he had slain all mankind; AND HE WHO SAVES A LIFE SHALL BE AS IF HE HAD GIVEN LIFE TO ALL MANKIND. *54 And indeed again and again did Our Messengers come to them with clear directives; yet many of them continued to commit excesses on earth

To save life even eating dead body is permissible provided it does not exceed the amount required to save life :

إِنَّمَا حَرَّمَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَيْتَةَ وَالدَّمَ وَلَحْمَ الْخِنزِيرِ وَمَا أُهِلَّ بِهِ لِغَيْرِ اللّهِ فَمَنِ اضْطُرَّ غَيْرَ بَاغٍ وَلاَ عَادٍ فَلا إِثْمَ عَلَيْهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ﴿2:173﴾
(2:173) Allah has only forbidden you to eat what dies of itself, and blood and swine flesh and what has been consecrated to any other name than of Allah. *171 But one will incur no sin if, forced by absolute necessity, he eats of any of these forbidden things, provided he has no intention of transgressing the law and does not take more than what is absolutely indispensable: for Allah is very Forgiving and very Merciful.

Because kidney tranplantation ,Liver trasplanation ,heart transplantation are Life saving .apparently there does not seem to be any harm.
Any other authenticated opinion is appreciated

Best of luck

habiibti
06-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I never thought abt me needing one but it makes sense.if it ma last and only chance of cause.

united
06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
so you would accept but would not allow your own to go to someone else after you die?

ummAbdillah
06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
so you would accept but would not allow your own to go to someone else after you die?
yes :( selfish huh? i don't like the idea of being cut open when i die.
I don't know and Allah Knows best.

Gangster No.1
06-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Inshlaah let us all do dua we dont be any iether situation, needing a donor, or giving a donor.

Inshllah allah will make me and yu strong, make this ummah one, and strong.

Personally i dont no if it is halal to do any giving or recieving, inshlah i wont need 2 know. but if i needed a heart, or sumet 2 live, then i PERSONALLY wudnt want 2 take sum1 else heart, or kidney.

Allah has written when we are going 2 die, allah knows best, ameen. Inshlah we enter janah when we die. Inshlah i c u all brothers and sisters there one day, via.

جوري
06-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Would you consider:
only to loved ones!

united
06-18-2007, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
only to loved ones!
well if someone you dont know offers say, a kidney to you, would you decline?

Asyur an-Nagi
06-18-2007, 11:14 AM
i would say yes in life saving measure.

جوري
06-18-2007, 03:00 PM
well if someone you dont know offers say, a kidney to you, would you decline?
organ transplants aren't as easy as you reckon them to be and from the style of question, I am not sure how much thought you have put into it? It is a life altering decision, not a spare part! even if I went through the nitty gritty of what happens in a transplant, which could possibly expand volumes, when it comes time for surgery, your new transplanted organ would be left in your abdomen and your failing kidneys would be left where they are (kidneys are retroperitoneal structures) even if they have only 20% function, unless they were completely obstructed, say by a prostate or polycystic kidney disease or whatever, and having them there would be more harm than good-- but even if they have little function they are left there...and anyone who has done a bit of reading can tell you why, and there is a whole art to that, because even if you are matched and immunosuppressed there is always the possibility of a Hyperacute graft-versus-host reaction.
Even, if things go incredibly duckie and all the immune suppressive therapies work, a new transplanted organ such as the kidney has a life expectancy of ten years at best, and then you'll need to be looking for another one, you are basically sick and susceptible to infections at all times ... people can live twenty, thirty years, though I have only known of one case that has lived 22 years on dialysis just fine, it just becomes routine.. if one of my kidney's failed there is the other, and of that fails, I'd probably ask a family member, but not from a stranger NO!-- if there is no match, then I'd probably accept my fate and be on schedule for my dialysis, further --I don't particularly enjoy hypotheticals... So I am not sure what is the point on the long run?.. just browsing this section I notice many of such posts encouraging people to donate.. Have you ever witnessed the organ harvesting from a newly deceased person and by that I mean everything including skin harvesting?-- if you have, then you are a brave one united.. if not I urge you to go see one...

peace!

united
06-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey ive not said that i support the process. its just a hypothetical scenario where i was wondering if people are willing to let their body help another one to survive after their death.
The majority of people have said "No".
When probed about whether or not they could accept an organ (from a dead person) they kinda go all "uncomfortable"...
I thought id get a better response here.
Hope this clears up the matter.

جوري
06-18-2007, 05:18 PM
No biggie-- I don't think anyone can give it an unbiased thought unless actually in that situation...I have my reservations for reasons, I won't share here... but I don't think anything is as simple as all that... certainly those parts of the body that can regenerate of you have two of, wouldn't be a really big deal, but the other organs require more alot more thought!
peace!

united
06-18-2007, 05:23 PM
As far as im concerned you have to be either for it, ie would accept were it needed only if youre willing to give.
Or you dont believe in the procedure. FULL STOP. you would never accept organs from a dead person even if you were critically ill.
All im asking is an honest answer without hypocrisy.
And no im not a "biggie" actually im quite short :p

جوري
06-18-2007, 05:53 PM
As far as im concerned you have to be either for it, ie would accept were it needed only if youre willing to give.
Or you dont believe in the procedure. FULL STOP. you would never accept organs from a dead person even if you were critically ill.
All im asking is an honest answer without hypocrisy.
And no im not a "biggie" actually im quite short :p
too much info on that last bit---
I don't think anyone can give you an (honest answer without hypocrisy) on a hypothetical.. it is too rose tinted-- too abstract! it really isn't as simple as black and white....
Maybe in the future with advancement of modern science we'd have totipotential or pluripotential stem cells grown on animals and harvested for the sake of transplantation and not have to worry about evacuating the organs or newly deceased or just hasten the demise of the almost deceased for harvest... Perhaps you can support stem cell research and vote for a president with a few functioning brain cells?

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.