/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duaa for losing something

*noor
06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
:sl:

Does anyone know what duaa you say when you lose something?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
06-13-2007, 06:36 PM
*bump*

adeel
06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah man i seriously need to learn this as i lose alot of stuffs these days.
Can someone post it please, jazakallah khair

Salaam

Camomilla
06-13-2007, 10:07 PM
yeah, I wanna know too...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
06-13-2007, 10:10 PM
:salamext:

You can recite:

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun
(To Allah (SWT) we belong, and to Him is our return)

Camomilla
06-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Jazakallah Khair bro, May Allah(SWT) reward u for this

*noor
06-13-2007, 10:17 PM
:sl:

jazakumAllah all for the comments and Ibn Muhammad for that

I was searching and I also found another duaa that we can say in addition to the one that brother Ibn Muhammad gave

Hadhrat Mawlana Ashraf `Ali Thanwi rahimahullah writes in Munaajaat al-Maqbool:

إذا ضَاعَ لَهُ شيئٌ أو اَبِقَ؛

اللَّهُمَّ رآدَّ الضَّآلةِ وَ*هادِيَ الضَّلالةِ أنتَ تَهدي مِنَ الضَّلالَةِ اُردُد عَلَيَّ ضآلَّتي بِقُدرَتِكَ وَ*سُلطانِكَ فَإنَّها مِن عَطَآئِكَ وَ*فَضلِك

When something is lost or {someone} runs away:

Oh Allah, the Returner of the lost and Guider of the misguided, you are the one who guides from misguidance, turn back towards me what I have lost with your Power and Authority because it was your own gift and bounty.

It is also said that it is the experience of some people that reciting Surah Luqmaan ayah 16 has the benefit of returning lost things

here's where i found it

http://www.***************/forum/showthread.php?t=1620

Camomilla
06-13-2007, 10:22 PM
thanx sister very much, we really need It!
May Allah(SWT) reward u too.

Eeman
06-26-2008, 01:51 AM
usually when i lose something i recite Ya Haqq many times and SubhanAllah that thing has always been found.

Lonely Gal
06-26-2008, 07:40 AM
i have a lil book that uses the beatuiful names of Allah to help with things like this, I'll getit tom and let you know.

------
06-26-2008, 08:12 AM

This thread is over a year old, and the dua has been told above.

Please do not resurrect old problems threads. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

Eeman
06-26-2008, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

This thread is over a year old, and the duas has been told above.

Please do not resurrect old problems threads. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.
Well i'm sorry serene i dont really check when its posted plus what harm is there about writing something that may benefit someone else who may come across the thread even 4 years later and be in search of the same thing?:)

------
06-26-2008, 01:19 PM

Also the dua should be from the Qur'aan and Sunnah, not bidah stuff asians do nowadays or made up stuff.

Eeman
06-26-2008, 01:25 PM
what d u mean by bidahs asians do? what do asians do?

------
06-26-2008, 01:27 PM

I didn't direct my comments at you. However, some asians nowadays have made up things like; "If you read Allaah's name 'Ya Baari' 1000 times, you will be granted a child."

Things like this are innovations (bidah) and have no basis in the Shari'ah.

Lonely Gal
06-26-2008, 01:40 PM
well the duas that I have to help me through the names of Allah swt I have to say have benefitted me and worked for me..whether it is something lost or anything else.

------
06-26-2008, 01:42 PM

Sis if they have no source from the Qur'aan/Sunnah then we should not be using them.

Allaahu Musta'aan...

Lonely Gal
06-26-2008, 01:44 PM
but why is it wrong if they are using the names of Allah swt, and surely someone knowledgable published it.. no?
I aint having a go.. just want to understand

Eeman
06-26-2008, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

I didn't direct my comments at you. However, some asians nowadays have made up things like; "If you read Allaah's name 'Ya Baari' 1000 times, you will be granted a child."

Things like this are innovations (bidah) and have no basis in the Shari'ah.
lol i was not taking it personaly i just was curious as to what you were refering to. i know and i agree with you.
once i went to this islamic book and bought a pocket size book of the 99 beautiful namesof Allah swt and when i got home and opened it and read some of the suggestions written by the authors it somewhat made me laugh ( i dunno Allah swt knows best and i ask for His guidance and mercy if i am in error here)

there was one suggestion how to write a certain name of Allah swt e.g. Al Malik on 20 rotis and eat them and that person wont ever suffer from poverty in their household!

no offence to people that actually have done or do this or believe in it but i think that it's a form of shirk... what relevance does 20 rotis have to dua?
and eating it too isnt that a bit too much to eat? wont that affect your health? i mean where is the sense in that?
so rather than just reciting the name with your tongue and ur heart you should use the roti as a mediator between you and Allah swt ( Astaghfirullah!)

Lonely Gal
06-26-2008, 01:59 PM
lol surely not in one go.. over sum time..

------
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM

^ *sigh*.. read sis Eeman's post. It explains things very well mashaAllaah.

Lonely Gal
06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
theres no need to sigh.. i merely asked a question... if one does not understand something, surely they can question it..

Eeman
06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Well i wuld not be surprised if some naive muslim brother or sister did act upon it and eat it 20 rotis in one day even that is way too much i mean if it said over a period of a week you'd think ok but still why use a roti to ask Allah swt for something?

Lonely Gal
06-26-2008, 02:05 PM
tru

Eeman
06-26-2008, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
theres no need to sigh.. i merely asked a question... if one does not understand something, surely they can question it..
Dear sister my emphasise on the matter is not that 20 rotis is too much, even if it had written one roti my concern is this why would you need to write a name of attribute of the Almighty on a roti and eat it in order for your dua to be answered.

or if a woman who s having diffictulty concieving why does she have to recite Al Bari 100 times then blow on a glass of water and drink that water in order for her to bear a child? Is it Allah swt that is Al Bari or the water in the glass? And is Allah swt not capable of blessing the woman with a child without the water being drunk?

what is left for the use of dua then?
why dont we just hold our hands up in front of us and close our eyes and sincerely from our hearts make dua whatever it is that we want to ask for?

well that is just my opinion and im sure other's would believe otherwise and i ask Allah swt and you to forgive me if i have said anything to offend you or have been in error and ask you to correct me InshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.