/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thought for the moment...

S.A.
06-15-2007, 08:03 PM
:sl:

Guidance is of two kinds:

a. Guidance of Taufiq and it is totally from Allah, i.e. Allah opens one's heart to receive the truth (from disbelief to Belief in Islamic Monotheism).

b. Guidance of Irshad through preaching by Allah's Messengers and pious preachers who preach the truth, i.e. Islamic Monotheism.

May Allah Bless All Of Our Muslim Ummah and Forgive Our Sins

Ma'assalamah :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.A.
06-16-2007, 09:15 AM

Narrated Adi bin Hatim (RAA): I asked Allah's Messenger PBUH about the Statement of Allah:
1. Ghairil maghdubi 'alaihim [not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger]," he PBUH replied: "They are the Jews".

And

2. "Walad'dalleen (nor of those who went astray)," he PBUH replied: "The Christians, and they are the ones who went astray".

This Hadith is quoted by At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud.

Ma'assalamah

vpb
06-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Narrated Adi bin Hatim (RAA): I asked Allah's Messenger PBUH about the Statement of Allah:
1. Ghairil maghdubi 'alaihim [not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger]," he PBUH replied: "They are the Jews".

And

2. "Walad'dalleen (nor of those who went astray)," he PBUH replied: "The Christians, and they are the ones who went astray".

This Hadith is quoted by At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud.

yep, also that is supported in the tafsir of Ibn Kathir under the comment of Surah Al-Fatiha.

S.A.
06-22-2007, 09:34 AM

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RAA): The Prophet PBUH said, "None spoke in cradle but three: (The first was) Jesus, (the second child was): There was a man from Bani Israel called Juraij.
While he was offering prayer, his mother came and called him. He said (to himself), "Shall I answer her or keep on praying?" (He went on praying and did not asnwer her.) His mother said, "O Allah! Do not let him die till he see the faces of prostitutes." So while he was in his hermitage, a lady came and sought to seduce him, but he refused. So she went to a shepherd and presented herself to him to commit illegal sexual intercourse with her, and then later she gaive birth to a child and claimed that it belonged to Juraij. The people, therefore, came to him and dismantled his hermitage and expelled him out of it and abused him. Juraij performed ablution and offered prayer, and then came to the child and said: "O child! Who is your father?" The child replied, "The shepherd," (after hearing this) the people said, "We shall rebuild your hermitage of gold," but he said: "No, of nothing but mud." (The third was the hero of the following story): A lady from Bani Israel was nursing her child at her breast when a handsome rider passed by her. She said. "O Allah! Make my child like him." On that the child left her breast and facing the rider said: "O Allah! Do not make me like him." The child then started to suck her breast again. [Abu Hurairah further said, "As if I were now looking at the Prophet PBUH sucking his finger (in way of demonstration)."]. After a while they (some people) passed by, with a lady slave and she (i.e. the child's mother) said, "O Allah! Do not make my child like this (slave-girl)!" On that the child left her breast, and said, "O Allah! Make me like her." When she asked why, the child replied, "The rider is one of the tyrants while this slave-girl is falsely accused of theft and illegal sexual intercourse."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4/3436 (O.P.645)]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.:Umniyah:.
06-22-2007, 09:37 AM
MashaaAllah sister, khair InshaaAllah. May Allah bless you for taking the time to do this. Very benefical bits of information.

:w:

Musalmaan
06-22-2007, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RAA): The Prophet PBUH said, "None spoke in cradle but three: (The first was) Jesus, (the second child was): There was a man from Bani Israel called Juraij.
While he was offering prayer, his mother came and called him. He said (to himself), "Shall I answer her or keep on praying?" (He went on praying and did not asnwer her.) His mother said, "O Allah! Do not let him die till he see the faces of prostitutes." So while he was in his hermitage, a lady came and sought to seduce him, but he refused. So she went to a shepherd and presented herself to him to commit illegal sexual intercourse with her, and then later she gaive birth to a child and claimed that it belonged to Juraij. The people, therefore, came to him and dismantled his hermitage and expelled him out of it and abused him. Juraij performed ablution and offered prayer, and then came to the child and said: "O child! Who is your father?" The child replied, "The shepherd," (after hearing this) the people said, "We shall rebuild your hermitage of gold," but he said: "No, of nothing but mud." (The third was the hero of the following story): A lady from Bani Israel was nursing her child at her breast when a handsome rider passed by her. She said. "O Allah! Make my child like him." On that the child left her breast and facing the rider said: "O Allah! Do not make me like him." The child then started to suck her breast again. [Abu Hurairah further said, "As if I were now looking at the Prophet PBUH sucking his finger (in way of demonstration)."]. After a while they (some people) passed by, with a lady slave and she (i.e. the child's mother) said, "O Allah! Do not make my child like this (slave-girl)!" On that the child left her breast, and said, "O Allah! Make me like her." When she asked why, the child replied, "The rider is one of the tyrants while this slave-girl is falsely accused of theft and illegal sexual intercourse."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4/3436 (O.P.645)]
now these are really miracles (karamah). Jazaaki-llaahu khayran. we need knowing this also .

S.A.
06-22-2007, 01:30 PM

Narrated Anas RAA: There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat Al-Baqarah and Al-Imran, and he used to write (the Revelations) for the Prophet PBUH. Later on he reverted to Christianity again, and he used to say: "Muhammad PBUH knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out.

They said, "This is the act of Muhammad PBUH and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away from them."

They again dug the grave deeply for him (and buried him), but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out.

They said, "This is an act of Muhammad PBUH and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them."

They dug the grave for him as deep as they could (and buried him), but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they believed that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and had to leave him thrown (on the ground).

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4/3617 (O.P.814]

S.A.
06-23-2007, 08:12 AM

Narrated Anas bin Malik RAA: Allah's Prophet PBUH used to say, "A disbieliever will be asked: 'Suppose you had as much gold as to fill the earth, would you offer it to ransom yourself (from the Hell-fire)?' He will reply, 'Yes'. Then it will be said to him, 'You were asked for something easier than that (to join none in worship) with Allah (i.e. to accept Islam, but you refused).' "

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 8/6538 (O.P.546)]

S.A.
06-23-2007, 08:21 AM

Narrated Abu Hurairah RAA: The Prophet PBUH said, "Avoid the seven great destructive sins." The people enquired, "O Allah's Messenger! What are they?" He said,

"(1) To join others in worship along with Allah,

(2) to practise sorcery,

(3) to kill a person which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law),

(4) to eat up Riba,

(5) to eat up an orphan's wealth,

(6) to show one's back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and

(7) to accuse chaste women, who never even think of anything touching their chastity and are the true believers."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4/2766 (O.P.28)]

S.A.
06-24-2007, 01:46 PM

Narrated Abu Hurairah RAA: Allah's Messenger PBUH said, "Anyone whom Allah has given wealth but he does not pay its Zakat; then, on the Day of Resurrection, his wealth will be presented to him in the shape of a bald-headed poisonous male snake with two poisonous glands in its mouth and it will encircle itself round his neck and bite him over his cheeks and say, 'I am your wealth; I am your treasure.'"

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 6/4565 (O.P.88)]

Narrated Al-Mughirah bin Shu'bah RAA: The Prophet PBUH said, "Allah has forbidden for you:

(1) To be undutiful to your mothers,
(2) to bury your daughters alive,
(3) not to pay the rights of the others (e.g. Zakat, charity) and
(4) to beg of men (i.e. begging)

And Allah has hated for you:

(1) Sinful and useless talk like backbiting, or that you talk too much about others,

(2) to ask too many questions (in disputed religious matters), and

(3) to waste the wealth (by extravagance with lack of wisdom and thinking)."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 3/2408 (O.P.591)]

asadxyz
06-24-2007, 03:22 PM

Narrated Anas RAA: There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat Al-Baqarah and Al-Imran, and he used to write (the Revelations) for the Prophet PBUH. Later on he reverted to Christianity again, and he used to say: "Muhammad PBUH knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out.

They said, "This is the act of Muhammad PBUH and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away from them."

They again dug the grave deeply for him (and buried him), but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out.

They said, "This is an act of Muhammad PBUH and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them."

They dug the grave for him as deep as they could (and buried him), but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they believed that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and had to leave him thrown (on the ground).

Dear sister
Thanks for these posts .Please give the source.Reason is I have three versions of Sahih Bukhari ,all three of them giving different Hadith from yours under the reference of 3617;

I have three versions of Sahih Bukhari in my Computer:
Two of them giving this Hadith :
كتاب فضائل الصحابة.
55 - باب: بنيان الكعبة.
وجدت الكلمات في الحديث رقم:
3617 - حدثني محمود: حدثنا عبد الرزاق قال: أخبرني ابن جريح قال: أخبرني عمرو بن دينار: سمع جابر بن عبد الله رضي الله عنهما قال:
لما بنيت الكعبة، ذهب النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم وعباس ينقلان الحجارة، فقال عباس للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: (اجعل إزارك على رقبتك يقيك من الحجارة، فخر إلى الأرض، وطمحت عيناه إلى السماء، ثم أفاق فقال: (إزاري إزاري). فشد عليه إزاره.
[ر: 357]
[ش (يقيك) يحفظك. (طمحت) ارتفعت. (إزاري إزاري) أعطوني إياه].‏
3617 - حدثني محمود: حدثنا عبد الرزاق قال: أخبرني ابن جريح قال: أخبرني عمرو بن دينار: سمع جابر بن عبد الله رضي الله عنهما قال: لما بنيت الكعبة، ذهب النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم وعباس ينقلان الحجارة، فقال عباس للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: (اجعل إزارك على رقبتك يقيك من الحجارة، فخر إلى الأرض، وطمحت عيناه إلى السماء، ثم أفاق فقال: ) [357

The third one is giving this Hadith :
)

صحيح البخاري - (ج 12 / ص 295)
- حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامٌ عَنْ أَبِيهِ وَفَاطِمَةَ عَنْ أَسْمَاءَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهَا
صَنَعْتُ سُفْرَةً لِلنَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَأَبِي بَكْرٍ حِينَ أَرَادَا الْمَدِينَةَ فَقُلْتُ لِأَبِي مَا أَجِدُ شَيْئًا أَرْبِطُهُ إِلَّا نِطَاقِي قَالَ فَشُقِّيهِ فَفَعَلْتُ فَسُمِّيتُ ذَاتَ النِّطَاقَيْنِ
قَالَ ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ أَسْمَاءُ ذَاتَ النِّطَاقِ

S.A.
06-24-2007, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
Dear sister
Thanks for these posts .Please give the source.Reason is I have three versions of Sahih Bukhari ,all three of them giving different Hadith from yours under the reference of 3617;

I have three versions of Sahih Bukhari in my Computer:
Two of them giving this Hadith :
كتاب فضائل الصحابة.
55 - باب: بنيان الكعبة.
وجدت الكلمات في الحديث رقم:
3617 - حدثني محمود: حدثنا عبد الرزاق قال: أخبرني ابن جريح قال: أخبرني عمرو بن دينار: سمع جابر بن عبد الله رضي الله عنهما قال:
لما بنيت الكعبة، ذهب النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم وعباس ينقلان الحجارة، فقال عباس للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: (اجعل إزارك على رقبتك يقيك من الحجارة، فخر إلى الأرض، وطمحت عيناه إلى السماء، ثم أفاق فقال: (إزاري إزاري). فشد عليه إزاره.
[ر: 357]
[ش (يقيك) يحفظك. (طمحت) ارتفعت. (إزاري إزاري) أعطوني إياه].‏
3617 - حدثني محمود: حدثنا عبد الرزاق قال: أخبرني ابن جريح قال: أخبرني عمرو بن دينار: سمع جابر بن عبد الله رضي الله عنهما قال: لما بنيت الكعبة، ذهب النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم وعباس ينقلان الحجارة، فقال عباس للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: (اجعل إزارك على رقبتك يقيك من الحجارة، فخر إلى الأرض، وطمحت عيناه إلى السماء، ثم أفاق فقال: ) [357

The third one is giving this Hadith :
)

صحيح البخاري - (ج 12 / ص 295)
- حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامٌ عَنْ أَبِيهِ وَفَاطِمَةَ عَنْ أَسْمَاءَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهَا
صَنَعْتُ سُفْرَةً لِلنَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَأَبِي بَكْرٍ حِينَ أَرَادَا الْمَدِينَةَ فَقُلْتُ لِأَبِي مَا أَجِدُ شَيْئًا أَرْبِطُهُ إِلَّا نِطَاقِي قَالَ فَشُقِّيهِ فَفَعَلْتُ فَسُمِّيتُ ذَاتَ النِّطَاقَيْنِ
قَالَ ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ أَسْمَاءُ ذَاتَ النِّطَاقِ

Iam sorry but i dont think i can be of help to you in this matter. The only thing i can say is that the source is as i had mentioned before

Now, how you read the source and find the hadith thru it i have no idea :?

It says O.P.814, i dont know wht it means but may be thats a clue to finding the hadith.

asadxyz
06-24-2007, 09:06 PM

Iam sorry but i dont think i can be of help to you in this matter. The only thing i can say is that the source is as i had mentioned before

Now, how you read the source and find the hadith thru it i have no idea :?

It says O.P.814, i dont know wht it means but may be thats a clue to finding the hadith.
Thanks for reply.Looks very strange under one Ref No. three different Hadiths ??
Did you copy it from internet or you have some software in the PC?

S.A.
06-29-2007, 03:52 PM

Narrated Abu Wa'il RAA: Someone said to Usamah, "Will you not talk to this ('Uthman)?" Usamah said, "I talked to him (secretly) without being the first man to open an evil door. I will never tell a ruler who rules over two men or more that he is good after I heard Allah's Messenger PBUH saying: "A man will be brought and put in Hell (Fire) and he will circumambulate (go round and round) in Hell (Fire) like a donkey of a (flour) grinding mill, and all the people of Hell (Fire) will gather around him and will say to him, 'O so-and-so! Didn't you use to order others for Al-Ma'ruf (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good) and forbid them from Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief, and all that is evil)?' That man will say, 'I used to order others to do Al-Ma'ruf (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good) but I myself never used to do it, and I used to forbid others from Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief, and all that is evil) while I myself used to do Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief, and all that is evil)'"

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 9/7098 (O.P.218)]

S.A.
06-29-2007, 03:59 PM

Narrated Abu Hurairah RAA: Allah's Messenger PBUH said, "Al-Miskin (the poor) is not the one who goes round the people and asks them for a mouthful or two (of meals) or a date or two, but Al-Miskin (the poor) is that who has not enough (money) to satisfy his needs and whose condition is not known to others, that others may give him something in charity, and who does not beg of people."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 2/1479 (O.P.557)]

S.A.
07-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Narrated Abu Hurairah RAA: The Prophet PBUH said, "While a dog was going round a well and was about to die of thirst, an israeli prostitute saw it and took off her shoes and watered it. So Allah forgave her because of that good deed."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4/3467 O.P.673]

Narrated Abu Hurairah RAA: The Prophet PBUH said, "Allah says, 'I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am Able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than them; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' "

[Sahih Al Bukhari, 9/7405 O.P.502]

S.A.
07-06-2007, 07:16 PM

Narrated Abu Hurairah RAA: Allah's Messenger PBUH said, "Allah said, 'I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of Mine. And the most beloved things with which My slave comes nearer to Me, is what I have enjoined upon him; and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him. Then I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My Protection (Refuge), I will protect him; (i.e. give him My Refuge), and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death, and I hate to disappoint him.'"

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 8/6502 (O.P.509)]

Narrated Ibn 'Umar RAA: Allah's Messenger PBUH said, "Whoever misses the 'Asr prayers (intentionally), then it is as if he lost his family and property."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 1/552 (O.P.527)]

Narrated Abul-Malih: We were with Buraidah in a battle on a cloudy day and he said, "Offer the 'Asr prayer early as the Prophet PBUH said, "Whoever omits the 'Asr prayer, all his (good) deeds will be lost."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 1/553 (O.P.528)]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.