/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adam & Eve:How did the population increase from them?

nocturne
06-16-2007, 05:44 AM
Assalamualaikum,

this might be a silly question. But, adam and eve were the first humans in earth. but how did the population increase from them? Is there any information in any hadiths or in Quran with regards to this:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
06-16-2007, 06:03 AM
We had a thread a bit back about this.
The Bible says cain had a son Enoch.

Who his wife was is anyone guess. :)

Most people on here accept that he slept with his sister.(and that this was ok)
All the agnostics and atheists point out that its proven genetic suicide and that a critical mass couldnt have developed.
this is responded to by god intervening and lending a hand.

Cheers.

Malaikah
06-16-2007, 06:19 AM
:sl:

From an Islamic perspective Hawa (Adam's wife 'Eve') gave birth to twins, one girl one boy.

So, the boy would marry a girl other than his twin sister, and the girl would marry a boy other than her twin brother.

ranma1/2
06-17-2007, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

From an Islamic perspective Hawa (Adam's wife 'Eve') gave birth to twins, one girl one boy.

So, the boy would marry a girl other than his twin sister, and the girl would marry a boy other than her twin brother.
but if all of the population came from Adam and eve then it sounds like nothign but incest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
barney
06-17-2007, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
but if all of the population came from Adam and eve then it sounds like nothign but incest.
It's not so much the incest that bothers me, it's the fact that in order to have a viable population , you need more than two.

The other problem of course is that within a few generations of Adam & eve, cities were being built and wars being fought with tens and hundreds of thousands of casulties.
Ther Adam & Eve story is a lovely one, but it's as factual as Hansel & Gretal or the Pied Piper. Right down to him being 90 foot tall.

AvarAllahNoor
06-17-2007, 11:07 AM
We don't believe we orinated from Adam or Eve. God alone knows this, no human knows how it came to be!

Malaikah
06-17-2007, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
It's not so much the incest that bothers me, it's the fact that in order to have a viable population , you need more than two.

The other problem of course is that within a few generations of Adam & eve, cities were being built and wars being fought with tens and hundreds of thousands of casulties.
Well I don't know about the dates you are talking about... but........

Adam and Eve had lotsssssssss of kids in sets of twins. And people back then lived hundreds of years. and presumable their kids would have had lots of kids too.

Yeh, I know, you are probably laughing now...

Anyway, if the incest worries you, what do you make of the fact that Eve was actually created from Adam? :? That is like worse than incest. A female created from the DNA of a man.

Obviously things back then worked a little differently, and incest was allowed for them (for obvious reasons).

Trumble
06-17-2007, 12:28 PM
The Adam & Eve story is a lovely one, but it's as factual as Hansel & Gretal or the Pied Piper. Right down to him being 90 foot tall.
Indeed. The plus point, of course, is that if you believe the Adam and Eve story a 'refutation' of the actual point at issue is hardly necessary - what happened afterwards is trivial in relation to the principal assumption.

Panther
06-17-2007, 12:40 PM
What I'm more interested in is when animals lost the ability to talk. Is the deceptive Snake in the Qu'ran too?

Woodrow
06-17-2007, 12:50 PM
This seems to be a point that people who look for only a scientific explanation overlook.

We do know that in todays world that incestuous reproduction would result in either stagnation or suicide for a species. In the microscopic world asexual reproductions appears to be the norm and evolution seems to be at a stand still for it. The amoeba of today is simply a carbon copy of the first amoeba for example.

No matter hw we slice the cake all humans came from the same source. It seems that if reproduction of humans had simply obeyed the laws of Genetics the Human of today would be in big trouble evolutionary wise.

I can't even begin to explain the genetic problems, if the beginning of life was based only upon randomization of messed up gametes early in our formation. Plus this all took place over a finite period of time, that by it's own nature would have limited the number of possibilities and if most of those possibilities had been based upon incest, I can not imagine how I could be here typing at this moment.

Trumble
06-17-2007, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panther
What I'm more interested in is when animals lost the ability to talk. Is the deceptive Snake in the Qu'ran too?
No, it isn't. In fairness to Genesis I thought that the snake was actually supposed to be a manifestation of Satan rather than a refugee from Dr Doolitle? Might be wrong, been a long time since I read it.

Philosopher
06-17-2007, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
We don't believe we orinated from Adam or Eve. God alone knows this, no human knows how it came to be!
It's called "evolution." Maybe you Sikhs need to get your religion updated.

Philosopher
06-17-2007, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
Well, we shouldnt judge them by modern standards. Back then many things were normal which is not the case today. Also, many mammals undergo incest so that is not a problem. Just like homosexuality.

barney
06-17-2007, 02:35 PM
To the point of talking animals. I think the snake can be a manifestation of satan.

But we also have talking pens, talking earths, talking rocks, talking mountains, crying trees..etc, etc , etc.

I mean sure, you could say its all metaphorical, but then what bits are metaphorical and whats not?
Is Noah metaphorical?
Jesus's ressurection?

Modern standards may have changed, but 6000 years ago, Adam and Eve having lots of (unmentioned) twins would be genetic suicide as much as it would be today.

Philosopher
06-17-2007, 03:19 PM
To the point of talking animals. I think the snake can be a manifestation of satan.
How so?? You need to define "Satan" and "evil" before we come to conclusions.

I mean sure, you could say its all metaphorical, but then what bits are metaphorical and whats not?
Is Noah metaphorical?
Jesus's ressurection?
Well, it is a undeniable fact that VERY similar stories existed among pagan dogmas before Christianity (Mithas, Osiris, Hercules, Krishna etc). When one says it is metaphorical, he needs to explain why it is so. The earliest Christians surely did not read the Bible from the metaphorical perspective, but literally.

Modern standards may have changed, but 6000 years ago, Adam and Eve having lots of (unmentioned) twins would be genetic suicide as much as it would be today.
I am inclined to agree, but maybe mutations and genetic drift played a role. After all, even evolution argues humans have a common descent.

AvarAllahNoor
06-17-2007, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
Well, we shouldnt judge them by modern standards. Back then many things were normal which is not the case today. Also, many mammals undergo incest so that is not a problem. Just like homosexuality.
Yes, funny how if it was acceptable back then, why did the Bible and Quran forbid the above after.... Seems like you muslims need sort their own religion out before you dare to attack mine punk, it's been made up as they've gone along.... :raging:

Philosopher
06-17-2007, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Yes, funny how if it was acceptable back then, why did the Bible and Quran forbid the above after.... Seems like you muslims need sort their own religion out before you dare to attack mine punk, it's been made up as they've gone along.... :raging:
LMAO, you are probably the last man to be complaining about Bible/Quran morality. I dont know much about Sikhism, dont care to because I dont like wasting my time over backward dogmas.

http://richarddawkins.net/article,11...,Jerome-Taylor

btw, I am not Muslim.

AvarAllahNoor
06-17-2007, 03:52 PM
LMAO, you are probably the last man to be complaining about Bible/Quran morality. I dont know much about Sikhism, dont care to because I dont like wasting my time over backward dogmas.

http://richarddawkins.net/article,11...,Jerome-Taylor

btw, I am not Muslim.
Probably a hindu bander then...

BTW - What is the point you're trying to make with the above link? I see nothing wrong whatsoever with the way they've handled it.

barney
06-17-2007, 04:13 PM
How so?? You need to define "Satan" and "evil" before we come to conclusions. .
Im just defining that its satan ,because thats what christians teach.The Bible staes only that its a snake, but i've never heard a christian who beleived it was just a talking snake. However:
14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.

So if it was a demonically possessed talking snake...why punish snakes and take away their snakey-legs (no offence snakelegs) If it wasnt demonically possessed, we have a snake talking in passable Hebrew.

20.120] But the Shaitan made an evil suggestion to him; he said: O Adam! Shall I guide you to the tree of immortality and a kingdom which decays not?

And here we have from the quran, just plain old satan telling Adam to eat the apple.

[Well, it is a undeniable fact that VERY similar stories existed among pagan dogmas before Christianity (Mithas, Osiris, Hercules, Krishna etc). When one says it is metaphorical, he needs to explain why it is so. The earliest Christians surely did not read the Bible from the metaphorical perspective, but literally. .
Totally agree. the concept of snakes jibberjabbering away only starts to be seen a bit strange in the age of enlightenment and beyond.

One thing we often forget, (Well us agnostics 'n Atheists dont :rollseyes ) is the Interpretation of modern religions has changed significantly in line with mankinds growing knowlage and reasoning.

The concept of fitting all the species in the world into a ship the size of a frigate wasnt questioned for centuries. Nowadays it is ridiculous, but to people of antiquity, it's fine. So out come the modern day interprators who argue about cubits and the length of the journey of the ark and the speed of earths rotation in those days and the rate of water drainage changing.
At the end of the day, the scriptures still write that the duck-billed platypus and the Amazonian tree frog all got on board cap'n noahs ship and lay down peacefully with the Siberian Tiger. The sun fell into a muddy pool and the moon split in two.

All these stories may well be based on some historical truths. like the parting of the red sea. I wonder just how this naval expedition went, a iseralite victory over Egypt certainly, but was the pursuing fleet defeated in battle? Or Egyptian ships were caught in a storm that sank a few of them. Whatever, it was written that the seas parted and the Israelites walked to safety, because thats a darned sight more miraculous!

- Qatada -
06-17-2007, 04:28 PM
20.120] But the Shaitan made an evil suggestion to him; he said: O Adam! Shall I guide you to the tree of immortality and a kingdom which decays not?

And here we have from the quran, just plain old satan telling Adam to eat the apple.

Do you purposelly ignore my responses to your previous questions in other threads? It's called waswasa. Yet shaytaan can't force us to do any sin at all.

The issue of Noah being in a ship, that isn't surprising since many scholars state that the people who may have gone with Noah may have been around a maximum of 80.

And Allaah knows best.

MustafaMc
06-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by barney
Not neccessarily.....
I am inclined to agree, but maybe mutations and genetic drift played a role. After all, even evolution argues humans have a common descent.
This hits upon is a very basic point about the so-called creative effect of mutations to create new superior species. Anyone who knows anything about genetics knows that mutations are 99.999999% detrimental and often become lethal when in the homozygous (aa) as opposed to the heterozygous (Aa) state. However, these mutations can often be carried in the heterozygous state ad infinitum. If the Original Man was perfectly created (AA) then there would be no mutations (a) to become lethal (aa) upon siblings mating. The accumulation of mutations over time makes species less NOT MORE fit as claimed by strict evolutionists.

barney
06-17-2007, 04:49 PM
hi
Nope, i dont purposefully ignore anyons posts, (well ..ok one person, but shes not you) I just diddnt read it!

The 80 people on the ark is new to me. how did the scholors decide that? I cant see anything quranic that vaugly translates to that.

- Qatada -
06-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Ayt, no worries. It's just that we've discussed that topic quite alot over the forum.

I need to do some research on how the scholars got the number, however there is a verse in the Qur'an;

Almighty Allah narrated: So it was till then there came Our Command and the oven gushed forth (water like fountains from the earth). We said: "Embark therein, of each kind two (male and female), and your family, except him against whom the Word has already gone forth, and those who believe." And none believed him except a few. (Quran 11:40 )

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets...-nuh-noah.html

So the aayah/verse states that only a few believed in him, and Allaah knows best.

evangel
06-17-2007, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
Assalamualaikum,

this might be a silly question. But, adam and eve were the first humans in earth. but how did the population increase from them?
One word answer: sex

Nerd
06-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe a little bit out of this topic, but there is solid scientific proof that Dinosaurs strolled the Earth millions of years before any humans existed on Earth... and according to the Holy Quran Earth and everything else on the universe was made for human beings... Doesn't that imply that Adam and Hawwa/Eve must have lived in the Heaven for longer than millions of years, and during this period wouldn't they have conceived children?

Malaikah
06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Why? Aren't you assuming that Adam and the Earth where created at the same time? (Which I am sure is not true).

Nerd
06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Below is a verse I came across in the Holy Quran pertaining to this topic;

"O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you." (Surah: An-Nisa, Verse: 1)

As for Malaikah's query, I was suggesting if the earth was created for Human beings to dwell on, wouldn't it be safe to assume that the earth was created sometime close to Adam's creation? Scientific evidences suggests life forms existed millions of years before Humans started living here on earth.

Doesn't that imply Adam and Eve would have lived in Heaven for quiet some years? If so did they have any offspring's during their stay in Heaven?

Malaikah
06-19-2007, 08:56 AM
that is assuming that time exists in the heavens in the same way it does here.

Also, weren't the jinn already inhabiting earth before Adam was created?

AvarAllahNoor
06-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Why? Aren't you assuming that Adam and the Earth where created at the same time? (Which I am sure is not true).
Does the Quran not specify when the earth was created?

Malaikah
06-24-2007, 01:54 AM
You mean like a date? 27th of March 100000000 years BC or something like that? :?

No, not that precisely as far as I know. But it is mentioned (I am not sure if in the Quran or hadith, or both) that the Earth was already created before Adam was.

asadxyz
06-24-2007, 02:09 AM
You mean like a date? 27th of March 100000000 years BC or something like that? :?

No, not that precisely as far as I know. But it is mentioned (I am not sure if in the Quran or hadith, or both) that the Earth was already created before Adam was.
Dear sister do not waste time on Atheists.I am sure these are created from Monkeys :-[ :-[ .This is what their thought indicates .
:w:

wilberhum
06-24-2007, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
Dear sister do not waste time on Atheists.I am sure these are created from Monkeys :-[ :-[ .This is what their thought indicates .
:w:
I always love it when people reject something and it is obvious that they have no understanding of what they reject. :rollseyes :skeleton:

asadxyz
06-24-2007, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I always love it when people reject something and it is obvious that they have no understanding of what they reject. :rollseyes :skeleton:
It is the question of one's believe.
  1. Atheists believe that those are "product of evolution and their ancestors are monkeys"
  2. Muslims do not believe this .They believe in direct creation .So simple.

There is nothing common.

wilberhum
06-24-2007, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
It is the question of one's believe.
  1. Atheists believe that those are "product of evolution and their ancestors are monkeys"
  2. Muslims do not believe this .They believe in direct creation .So simple.

There is nothing common.
As I said [PIE]I always love it when people reject something and it is obvious that they have no understanding of what they reject.[/PIE]
You have proved it again. You show more lack of knowledge by implying only atheists believe in evolution. It is a fact that there is nothing contrary to faith for a Muslim to believe in evolution. They only have a problem with human evolution. Maybe you should study your faith more before you misquote it some more.

MustafaMc
06-24-2007, 11:05 AM
As I said [PIE]I always love it when people reject something and it is obvious that they have no understanding of what they reject.[/PIE]
You have proved it again. You show more lack of knowledge by implying only atheists believe in evolution. It is a fact that there is nothing contrary to faith for a Muslim to believe in evolution. They only have a problem with human evolution. Maybe you should study your faith more before you misquote it some more.
Muslims believe that ALL life was created by Allah. How He created it is irrelevant. I personally believe that Allah created all living and extinct species roughly in the form that they currently exist as or ended up at (creation). If all unicellular, multicellular, plant and animal, species did in fact "evolve" from a so-called common ancestor, it occurred ONLY through the direct intervention and direction of Allah (evolution through Intelligent Design). No Muslim will agree with the THEORY of evolution without Allah controlling, guiding or otherwise designing the development of new species.

- Qatada -
06-24-2007, 11:44 AM
:salamext:

I think wilberhum is referring to this:

Biological Evolution – An Islamic Perspective

|Prepared by the Research Committee of IslamToday.net under the supervision of Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî|

Many Muslims wonder about the theory of biological evolution – the theory that living species on Earth today are descended from others in the past, and that the present diversity of living species we see is a result of descent with modification over the course of numerous generations.

Muslims also wonder about one of the main processes that evolutionary theory proposes to explain how evolution takes place – the process of natural selection. This is the idea that the individuals within a populations of living organism vary in their individual traits – they are not exactly alike – and that the organisms which are most successful at leaving descendants will pass on their unique traits to the next generation at the expense of the traits possessed by less successful organisms in the population, thereby contributing to a long-term gradual change in the suite of traits found within the population.

To start with, it is not our intention in this article to discuss the scientific implications of evolutionary theory. We wish to explore the issue from the perspective of Islamic teachings.

We as Muslims must ask:

Does the theory of evolution – and likewise the theory of natural selection as a mechanism of evolution – conform to Islamic teachings or conflict with them?

Is a Muslim allowed to believe in evolution as a scientific theory as long as he or she accepts that Allah is behind it?

Is a Muslim allowed to believe in human evolution? If not, how can we explain the fossils of upright, bipedal, tool-using apes with large brains that have been discovered?

We wish to re-emphasize that our concern here is not with examining the scientific merits of the theory of evolution. What we want to know is what Islamic teachings have to say about the idea. Whether evolution is true or false scientifically is another matter altogether.

When we look at the sources of Islam – the Qur’ân and Sunnah – we see that, with respect to human beings living on the Earth today, they are all descendants of Adam and Eve.

Allah also says: “O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is the one who is the most God-fearing.” [Sûrah al-Hujûrât:13]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) identified the "male" mentioned in this verse as being Adam. He said: “Human beings are the children of Adam and Adam was created from Earth. Allah says: ‘O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is the one who is the most God-fearing’.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (3270)]

We also see that Allah created Adam directly without the agency of parents.

Allah says: “The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: ‘Be’ and he was.” [Sûrah Âl `Imrân: 59]

We also know that Eve was created from Adam without the agency of parents.

In the Qur’ân, Allah states clearly: “O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women.” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 1]

Therefore, the Qur’ân tells us that Adam and his wife were the father and mother of all human beings living on the Earth today. We know about this by way of direct revelation from Allah.

The direct creation of Adam (peace be upon him) can neither be confirmed nor denied by science in any way. This is because the creation of Adam (peace be upon him) was a unique and singular historical event. It is a matter of the Unseen and something that science does not have the power to confirm or deny. As a matter of the Unseen, we believe it because Allah informs us about it. We say the same for the miracles mentioned in the Qur’ân. Miraculous events, by their very nature, do not conform to scientific laws and their occurrence can neither be confirmed nor denied by science.

What about other living things, besides the human beings living on the Earth today? What about plants, animals, fungi, and the like?

When we turn our attention to this question, we find that the Qur’ân and Sunnah do not tell us much about the flora and fauna that was present on the Earth before or at the time of Adam and Eve’s arrived upon it. The sacred texts also do not tell us how long ago Adam and Eve arrived upon the Earth. Therefore, these are things we cannot ascertain from the sacred texts.

The only thing that the Qur’ân and Sunnah require us to believe about the living things on Earth today is that Allah created them in whatever manner He decided to create them.

Allah says: “Allah is the Creator of all things and over all things He has authority.” [Sûrah al-Zumar: 62]

Indeed, Allah states specifically that He created all life forms: “And We made from water all living things.” [Sûrah al-Anbiyâ’: 30]

We know that “Allah does what He pleases.” Allah can create His creatures in any manner that He chooses.

Therefore, with respect to other living things, the Qur’ân and Sunnah neither confirm nor deny the theory of biological evolution or the process referred to as natural selection. The question of evolution remains purely a matter of scientific enquiry. The theory of evolution must stand or fall on its own scientific merits – and that means the physical evidence that either confirms the theory or conflicts with it.

The role of science is only to observe and describe the patterns that Allah places in His creation. If scientific observation shows a pattern in the evolution of species over time that can be described as natural selection, this is not in itself unbelief. It is only unbelief for a person to think that this evolution took place on its own, and not as a creation of Allah. A Muslim who accepts evolution or natural selection as a valid scientific theory must know that the theory is merely an explanation of one of the many observed patterns in Allah’s creation.

As for the fossil remains of bipedal apes and the tools and artifacts associated with those remains, their existence poses no problem for Islamic teachings. There is nothing in the Qur’ân and Sunnah that either affirms or denies that upright, brainy, tool using apes ever existed or evolved from other apelike ancestors. Such animals may very well have existed on Earth before Adam’s arrival upon it. All we can draw from the Qur’ân and Sunnah is that even if those animals once existed, they were not the forefathers of Adam (peace be upon him).

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cf...sub_cat_id=792

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...rspective.html

MustafaMc
06-24-2007, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
:salamext:

I think wilberhum is referring to this:

Biological Evolution – An Islamic Perspective

|Prepared by the Research Committee of IslamToday.net under the supervision of Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî|

Many Muslims wonder about the theory of biological evolution – the theory that living species on Earth today are descended from others in the past, and that the present diversity of living species we see is a result of descent with modification over the course of numerous generations.....

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cf...sub_cat_id=792

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...rspective.html
Yes, the scholars are definitely more qualified that I am to present the Islamic perspective on evoultion. However, I don't see that this article is in disagreement with my point of view.

wilberhum
06-24-2007, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Muslims believe that ALL life was created by Allah.
Evolution does not address how life was created. It still seems that you have no understanding of evolution. No wonder you reject it. :rollseyes
How He created it is irrelevant. I personally believe that Allah created all living and extinct species roughly in the form that they currently exist as or ended up at (creation).
100 million years ago there were dinosaurs but no elephants. Today we have elephants but no dinosaurs. Did god “drop in” and take away all the dinosaurs and later dropped back in and deliver elephants? :skeleton:

islamirama
06-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Evolution does not address how life was created. It still seems that you have no understanding of evolution. No wonder you reject it. :rollseyes

100 million years ago there were dinosaurs but no elephants. Today we have elephants but no dinosaurs. Did god “drop in” and take away all the dinosaurs and later dropped back in and deliver elephants? :skeleton:
Allah created all beings and all that exists. We don't deny the evolution, but there is a difference there. There's evolution of change and evolution of evolvement.

The first is where you change over time do to certain characteristics that play part in it. For example, Africans are dark skinned to deal with extreme heat and harshness of Africa where as a white guy will have skin cancer and die with years. And in north you have white people who do well in cold weather and snow. I mean look at us, we have orientals, asians, whites, blacks, native indians, etc. all these different races and different variations. its the same with many birds and mamals. There is one parent and the later generations change over time to. Adam a.s. was created 90 ft and since his creation, we have been shrinking to the present height we are now. It is called bottleneck effect and occurs when you mate within your family(mankind) time after time.

The evolution of evolvement is based a theory that all living creations crawled out the ocean where they were mico organism and over the centuries they kept evolving to their present state. That is only a theory and has never been proven, in fact it has been disproven by many already, and yet it is taught in schools as if its a fact.

You can believe that your uncle is a monkey all you want becuase some dumb half brain so called scientists of the 18th century think you did. We don't believe in theories when we have the truth. All 3 abrahamic faiths stand on this. the evolutionist can go kiss their monkey family all they want.

wilberhum
06-24-2007, 05:50 PM
You can believe that your uncle is a monkey all you want becuase some dumb half brain so called scientists of the 18th century think you did. We don't believe in theories when we have the truth. All 3 abrahamic faiths stand on this. the evolutionist can go kiss their monkey family all they want.
I think this truly elaborates the intelligence of your objection. :skeleton:

islamirama
06-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I think this truly elaborates the intelligence of your objection. :skeleton:
it truly highlights the stupidity of humans who make up theories of such silliness and then believe in them.

MustafaMc
06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Muslims believe that ALL life (life forms, species) was created by Allah.
I dismiss as unscientific the claim that all existing and extinct species are descended from a "common ancestor" (assumed to be a simple unicellular primal being) through the process of random mutation and natural selection without a Higher Power directing the process. If I missed some fundamental part of the theory, please fill me in but do so in a simple manner - as it seems that I am a bit slow to catch on.

Allah creates and destroys as He sees fit. Quran 14:19-20 Do you not see that Allah has based the creation of the heavens and the earth on Truth? That He can destroy you if He wills and bring into being a new creation? That is not at all difficult for Allah.

MustafaMc
06-24-2007, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
There is one parent and the later generations change over time to. Adam a.s. was created 90 ft and since his creation, we have been shrinking to the present height we are now. It is called bottleneck effect and occurs when you mate within your family(mankind) time after time.
Good point, brother. This points to the "creative" effect of mutations that evolutionists lean on to create new and improved species. As a geneticist and plant breeder I know that nearly all mutations make the individual LESS NOT MORE fit.

Please, tell me, wilberhum, how many genetic improvements were made in any species exposed to the mutating effects of radiation released at Hiroshima and Cherobyl.

wilberhum
06-24-2007, 08:38 PM
it truly highlights the stupidity of humans who make up theories of such silliness and then believe in them.
How did they make up endless peaces of evidence? :skeleton:

wilberhum
06-24-2007, 08:41 PM
MustafaMc
I dismiss as unscientific the claim that all existing and extinct species are descended from a "common ancestor" (assumed to be a simple unicellular primal being) through the process of random mutation and natural selection without a Higher Power directing the process. If I missed some fundamental part of the theory, please fill me in but do so in a simple manner - as it seems that I am a bit slow to catch on.
So you like the "and god dropped by theory". Interesting. :skeleton:

Hashim_507
06-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Atheists dont have scriptures to prove their point; only arguement without evidance puts them on the headline. The believers have the answers for those arguement atheist have hard with in this life; but afterlife is too late. I am not scaring nobody but Adam and Eve exist; their children multiply by them merrying each other. Today everybody forgot there family linage on from Adam; but nobody forget Adam and Eve. Since scientist cant find records on Adam childrens; the record could have been lost but the holy scriptures such as Quran are not lost.

Trumble
06-24-2007, 09:42 PM
The evolution of evolvement is based a theory that all living creations crawled out the ocean where they were mico organism and over the centuries they kept evolving to their present state. That is only a theory and has never been proven, in fact it has been disproven by many already, and yet it is taught in schools as if its a fact.
Yet again it is not taught as 'fact', it is taught as the best scientific theory we have. As, incidently, are the theories of gravitation, electromagnetism etc, etc which are also 'only' theories. You can never prove scientific theories, only disprove them.

This particular one has never been disproven. Some people have suggested that some evidence indicates it may be incorrect to some degree or another, that is all. Were the theory proven wrong, it would be instantly rejected by science... it is accepted, and taught, because the vast body of evidence suggests it is at least substantially correct.

format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Atheists dont have scriptures to prove their point; only arguement without evidance puts them on the headline.
Scriptures prove nothing without the assumption that they are necessarily true. As science cannot make such assumptions, scriptures must remain outside the scientific process. Your comment that the evolutionist position (and 'evolutionist' does not equate with 'atheist') is "argument without evidence" is simply nonsense. There is plenty of evidence; the only debatable point is how conclusive or otherwise it may be.

islamirama
06-24-2007, 10:46 PM
The thread was about adam and eve and how the population increased. The answer has been provided. The very fact that such a question was asked confirms that we are talking in relation to religion and not science for science believes in monkeys to humans. So if anyone wishes to discuss evolution then i suggest opening another thread as this thread has served its purpose.

Woodrow
06-24-2007, 11:17 PM
The thread was about adam and eve and how the population increased. The answer has been provided. The very fact that such a question was asked confirms that we are talking in relation to religion and not science for science believes in monkeys to humans. So if anyone wishes to discuss evolution then i suggest opening another thread as this thread has served its purpose.
Agreed

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.