/* */

PDA

View Full Version : leaving the ghetto behind

sadia
08-19-2005, 10:59 AM
I didn’t know where to finish or where to start,
To try and express the feelings that were coming from the heart,
On my ummah which is one body, but is being torn apart.

Everyday is a struggle in the dirty east side of the ghetto,
One day a bro becomes an enemy, and an enemy becomes a bro,
Each individual chooses their own way to go, here you never know which direction curses will flow.
I’m sitting in the park, alone after dark, watching brethrens dwelling in their aftermath
Disguising bruised faces, behind them hooded, dark masks, that creates such disgraces.
Is there more to life then this misery I see? This ghetto just displays pain and poverty.
Council estates full of gangs and drugs, got little boys young as nine, acting like wannabe thugs and they’re getting into ‘promoting reps’ through violence and are ready to knock those that dare to up step.
A silent tear rolls down my cheek, remembering a brother’s death. he died down an ally in the dirt filled streets, the cleaners found him looking pale and cheap, didn’t even report him missing to the police. Just cased him, and putting him under ‘dead to report’ thinking it was just another drug/gang related rigour.
They didn’t even realise that he had a father and mother who were going out of their minds, so torn up because their only son got caught up with crime, and chose to lead a life that he thought was heavy and divine.
I ask my self now, What’s going to happen to my son? I don’t want him growing knowing not a book but a gun.
Don’t want my daughter to become ‘da hooker standing at the corner’ but want her to become a striving mother, which is unlike any other.
Maybe it isn’t too late to start on leading a new life, to leave this ghetto, and spread my wings and strive.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hashim_507
08-19-2005, 12:36 PM
thats very touching and beutifull!!

Juneda
08-19-2005, 12:40 PM
:sl: hope u r all in gud health and iman :sister:
masha allah,nyc poem ,deep :w:

Zuko
08-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Salaam,

AWESOME POEM....Masha'allah, loved it!

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sadia
08-19-2005, 02:12 PM
:D JZK for the comments, means alot to me that you guys really liked it.

Zuko
08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Salaam,

Just wonderin' did you write it?

salaam

sadia
08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
lol yes sister i wrote this and the other ones too.

Zuko
08-19-2005, 02:14 PM
DUDE! THAT'S AWESOME MAN! Sorry about being nosy, but is it true?

Anyway, you got a real gift for writing poetry man...

sadia
08-19-2005, 02:17 PM
JZK for that sister,
errmmm do you mean if this poem is true? hmmmmmm.....i'd have to say 50/50

Souljette
01-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Mashallahhh i know i'm posting comments late bt mashalllahhh siss...****n we all have dese wrries and inshallah we hope things will get better

Anisa19
01-05-2008, 05:26 AM
masha'Allah that was a deep poem,
it's sad you know, the condition of some, esp those who live in ghettos. :(
In a country like this....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.