/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My laptop's screen's all dicky.

Encolpius
06-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Well, my laptop, which I've had since August 2004, is on its last legs anyhow. The keyboard's busted, the T, Y, G, H, F2, and Num Lock keys all don't work and some of them are broken physically anyhow. The battery won't charge and it'll only run on AC power if it's constantly plugged in. So basically it looks like it's on a life support machine. And the latest thing to go wonky - the screen.

From time to time it'll black out or flicker at random and the only way to solve this is to waggle it back and forth until the picture returns, which can take either a few seconds or a while, and it's really, really, infuriating.

So, my question's this - what causes this sort of thing, how can I fix it, and to be frank, should I just dump the thing and get a new lappy (albeit sans Windows Vista, which I have had the misfortune to use and despised.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 10:46 AM
it sounds like a whole series of problems, i dont know much about laptops but do you have warranty on it? it sounds like its life has ended im afraid...

Musaafirah
06-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Apparently the best thing to do with a laptop is to replace it when it's past it's sell-by date..
There's no point in trying to repair it, as it may end up costing more than the laptop...well that's what the guys at PC World told me when I bought mine..as I wanted to buy a warranty with it..and they said there's no point..

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 10:50 AM
laptops have a sellby date? :eek:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
06-21-2007, 11:07 AM
lol!! I was jus being..oh forget it..but when laptops stop working..there's no point in repairing it..it's better to buy a new one..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.