/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drownned....

AmarFaisal
06-21-2007, 11:49 AM
:sl:

A lot of mentioning of this in the threads has led me to ask this question.
Though everything abt a drowned person's fate is already mentioned in the many threads in this forum. However, this question is abt my cousin and brother in law, for no one has done anything after his untimely death (if it is).

I'l have to go into the events b4 I ask the question that still troubles the minds of many in our family.

My cousin brother, lost his life nearly 5 yrs back to the furious waters of the Karachi sea. Many of our members here (are related to Pakistan) know that during the months of August the sea of Karachi is like a mponster ready to engulf anything and everything. My cousin went out on his birthday with his friends. HIs friends never could explain what actually happened. They were in a trauma. But later in time, some of them told what they thought had happened:

They said that while they were swimming they heard shouts of their drowning partner/friend. They went to save him n then suddenly there was a big wave above their heads. The one friend who was drownng was pushed out of the water. When they came out , they realised that Majid (my cousin) wasn't there. They looked around n found his belongings on the shore. They looked in the water n as some of them said, they just saw a hand in water.

That's the end.

Noone saw him drowning, no body found for months to come. We assume him dead.

The question is:

There has been no namaz-e-janaza given for him uptodate. As his father, my uncle, says his son is alive and will come back. Nobody wants to hurt the father. The mother, my aunt, calls for him in her sickness, but says that she feels in heart that he's dead.

There r a lot of stories associated to his disappearance.

Anyway, what should we do to give him peace? If the namaz-e-janaza is not performed, does that mean he's not in peace? I know abt the ghaibana namaz-e-janaza for ppl whose body isn't found. But if the parents don't let it be done, what should we do?

I often tell my husband that he n his elder brother should perform the namaz-e-janaza. But they don't feel in their heart to do so. Does this absence of namaz-e-janaza effect my cousin's after life??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 11:51 AM
la adri... i dont know.

should really contact a scholar sis this sounds like a seriously fiqhi issue..

------
06-21-2007, 11:53 AM
:salamext:

Definitely contact ur local Imaam, but a scholar would be better ...

AmarFaisal
06-21-2007, 11:57 AM
The local imams in Kuwait are Arabs, n speak Arabic, we'd prefer someone of the same language to explain our concerns.

In Pakistan, one can imagine, as many imams u ask, that many responses you get.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
skhalid
06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
:sl:

A lot of mentioning of this in the threads has led me to ask this question.
Though everything abt a drowned person's fate is already mentioned in the many threads in this forum. However, this question is abt my cousin and brother in law, for no one has done anything after his untimely death (if it is).

I'l have to go into the events b4 I ask the question that still troubles the minds of many in our family.

My cousin brother, lost his life nearly 5 yrs back to the furious waters of the Karachi sea. Many of our members here (are related to Pakistan) know that during the months of August the sea of Karachi is like a mponster ready to engulf anything and everything. My cousin went out on his birthday with his friends. HIs friends never could explain what actually happened. They were in a trauma. But later in time, some of them told what they thought had happened:

They said that while they were swimming they heard shouts of their drowning partner/friend. They went to save him n then suddenly there was a big wave above their heads. The one friend who was drownng was pushed out of the water. When they came out , they realised that Majid (my cousin) wasn't there. They looked around n found his belongings on the shore. They looked in the water n as some of them said, they just saw a hand in water.

That's the end.

Noone saw him drowning, no body found for months to come. We assume him dead.

The question is:

There has been no namaz-e-janaza given for him uptodate. As his father, my uncle, says his son is alive and will come back. Nobody wants to hurt the father. The mother, my aunt, calls for him in her sickness, but says that she feels in heart that he's dead.

There r a lot of stories associated to his disappearance.

Anyway, what should we do to give him peace? If the namaz-e-janaza is not performed, does that mean he's not in peace? I know abt the ghaibana namaz-e-janaza for ppl whose body isn't found. But if the parents don't let it be done, what should we do?

I often tell my husband that he n his elder brother should perform the namaz-e-janaza. But they don't feel in their heart to do so. Does this absence of namaz-e-janaza effect my cousin's after life??
You reminded me of a tragic that ocurred about 8 months ago.......

my cousin went out with his friends (This was in Africa)
they went on a boat (a mean them small tiny ones I don't mean the Titanic)
and a wave can in, the boat flipped over, everyone swam back to the shore...however my cousin couldn't swim, he was no where to be found.....
A search was made, it took 24 hours to find his body, somewhere at least 10 km away from where the incident took place...that night no one slept hoping to hear the news that he was found (this is the night of the day he went missing)....then the next day, alhamdulillah his body was found and his funeral took place later in the afternoon......he was 12.
The sad thing is that his mother is not well (she's mentally disabled) :-\
therefore she had no idea what happened what so ever, and when it was explained to her (in the most simple way possible)..she said she didn't know what people where talking about, she has two sons (the one who died and another one) and a daughter, until today she has not accepted the fact that her son has passed away :cry: and still believe he exists :'(
It was a hard blow even I cried a lot,I saw him last summer and then this happened..its unbelivable, one minute he was there the next gone :cry: we were bought up together...another thing, this was the day before his 13th birthday, he didn't make it to be a teenager but alhamdulillah at least he got to see the world unlike those who die before they are born :'( I had to see my mother go through so much pain as she has had upto 5 miscarriages :'(

Al-Hanbali
06-21-2007, 12:13 PM
:salamext:

I am sorry to hear that sister. May Allah (SWT) grant him jannat and the family sabr...ameen.

Its been stated by the Prophet (SAW) that a person who drowns and dies, is considered a martyr insha'ALLAH.

Raashid ibn Hubaysh narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit when he was sick and said, “Do you know who is a shaheed (martyr) in my ummah?” The people remained silent, then ‘Ubaadah said, “Help me to sit up.” They helped him to sit up, then he said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (is it) the patient one who seeks reward from Allaah for his patience?” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Then the martyrs among my ummah would be very few. Being killed for the sake of Allaah is martyrdom, the plague is martyrdom, drowning is martyrdom, stomach disease is martyrdom, and if a woman dies during the post-partum period, her child will drag her to Paradise by his umbilical cord.” The umbilical cord is that which is cut by the midwife when the child is born. The hadeeth was narrated by Imaam Ahmad in his Musnad with a saheeh isnaad. (al-Musnad, 3/489). There is a corroborating report narrated by Maalik (1/233) and Abu Dawood, 3/482).
Source

AmarFaisal
06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Dear sis,
I hope Allah grants u patience just as He has granted to our family. It's a big releif and satisfaction when u know they r martyrs.Alhamdulillah

As my cousin's body was never found, some'd say he's in a village n caught by the fishermen. Some say he lost his memory and cannot return. Others say he was carried away to Muscat and is there. Some say he has been kidnapped. As I said many stories prevail. :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!