/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'I know MY Religion'

Pk_#2
06-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Bismillah

AsalamuALyakum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

A man came to al-Hasan al-Basree, rahimahullah, and said, “I wish to debate with you about religion.”

Al-Hasan replied, “I know my Religion. If you have lost your religion, go out and look for it.”

[al-’Aajurri in ash-Sharee’ah, p. 57] :D:D (haha)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
:salamext:
lol i love Hasan Al basree, Mashallah !

What bad servants we are...

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allah bestow His mercy upon him)] said:
"What a bad servant [of the Lord] is he! I am speaking of a servant who fits the following description:

1. He asks for forgiveness (maghfirah), while he is actively engaged in sinful disobedience (ma'siya).

2. He behaves in a humbly submissive manner, so that he may be credited with loyalty (amana), but he is only pretending, to hide his disloyalty (khiyanah).

3. He forbids what is wrong, but does not refrain from it himself.

4. He enjoins what is right, but does not act upon his own
instructions.

5. If he gives, he does so very stingily, and if he withholds, he offers no apology.

6. If he is in the best of health, he feels secure, but if he
falls sick, he becomes remorseful.

7. If he is impoverished, he feels sad, and if he gets rich, he is subject to temptation.

8. He hopes for salvation, but does not act accordingly.

9. He is afraid of punishment, but takes no precautions against it.

10. He wishes to receive more benefit, but he does not give thanks [for what he has received].

11. He likes the idea of spiritual reward, but he does not practice patience.

12. He expedites sleep and postpones fasting"

[From Ghunyat-ut-Talibeen of Shaikh 'Abdul-Qaadir al-Jeelaani (rahimahullaah)]
:wasalamext: (jazakillah kahyr for sharing)

Pk_#2
06-21-2007, 07:46 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

Jazakillah khair to you wa barak Allah fiki :D

Far7an
06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
That's a great quote! Jazaakallah khayr!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
06-21-2007, 09:08 PM
:sl:
Bismillah

A man came to al-Hasan al-Basree, rahimahullah, and said, “I wish to debate with you about religion.”

Al-Hasan replied, “I know my Religion. If you have lost your religion, go out and look for it.”

[al-’Aajurri in ash-Sharee’ah, p. 57]

(haha)

loll, he is a legend. may Allah be pleased with him.

syilla
06-25-2007, 02:35 AM
:salamext:

please add more...

wassallam

Yanal
06-25-2007, 02:45 AM
Question:what is my religon(or what is the true religon) Answer:Islam is

Intisar
07-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Salaams,

LOL..That was funny. Jazakallah Khayran for sharing.

W/Salaam

snakelegs
07-07-2007, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Bismillah

[al-’Aajurri in ash-Sharee’ah, p. 57] :D:D (haha)
great comeback! ;D

glo
07-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Wise words :D ... but do people truly think those who debate religion do so because 'they have lost their religion'?

We should ask the question in the Comparative Religion section.
I think most people debating there would argue that they do so because they do know there religion and want to impart it on others.

Isn't dawah about explaining Islam, even proving it to be the true religion? Can that be done without being prepared to debate?
I find Muslims (at least in internet forums) perhaps the most eager debaters out of all religions - and I have always admired that readiness to discuss and debate ...

Actually, it takes wisdom and determination to walk away from a debate, when it has run it's course and continues to just aimlessly go round and round in circles.
Luckily here we have moderators who often make that decision for us! :D

Jesus gave his disciples the following instructions with regards to teaching others:
"And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."
(Mark 6:11)
Unfortunately, our desire to 'be right' or 'have the last word', and not wanting to look as if 'we have lost the argument' often prevents us from following those words.

Peace

Malaikah
07-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi Glo,

It might have been that the man was more interested in debating just for the sake of debate and for the sake of learning, or some other good reason, that lead Al-Hasan to reply in that way.

At least that is the impression I got. :)

glo
07-07-2007, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Hi Glo,

It might have been that the man was more interested in debating just for the sake of debate and for the sake of learning, or some other good reason, that lead Al-Hasan to reply in that way.

At least that is the impression I got. :)
I guess it's difficult to tell, just from those few sentences. It's easy to try to interpret the given situation and filling the missing gaps by using our imagination ...

But, of course, I am not trying to debate here ... ! :D

peace

Strzelecki
07-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Hahah. Zing! :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.