/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snowy's cats, kittens and other animals thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Kittygyal
12-29-2006, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer
no :cry: coz ma dads allergic! :cry: but it was abandoned! I felt sooo sorry for the little bundle o' fluff!
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

include me in there awww :cry: :cry: :offended:

Ma'asssalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-29-2006, 06:24 PM
omg...! u guys r killin me wit the pictures ;D lol So cuteeeeee awww :)

Tania
12-29-2006, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pyro
This is my cat, his name is shneebly.
This is when he was a kitten
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/3...434fcd.jpg?v=0

This is him all grown up
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/3...3067c356_m.jpg
Its really cute:)
Looks more like a fluffy inside cat.Does he walks out:?

Pyro
12-29-2006, 09:10 PM
lool no he doesn't, he got so used to the inside that he's afraid to go out, when i take him outside, he clings his claws on me, ouch :P
I'll post some more picks when i get my bluetooth stack working.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
12-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Don't forget to visit the animal thread and leave there too a pic of shneebly.:) Pleassee.
Sitting inside he can ensure the perfect cat hygene, including in his paws. (How can understand the owner the importance of the cat hygene:rollseyes )

Kittygyal
12-29-2006, 09:22 PM
lool no he doesn't, he got so used to the inside that he's afraid to go out, when i take him outside, he clings his claws on me, ouch :P
Assalmualikum warhmathulalhi warbarakathuhu
well welll, you are one heck of a lover aint ya, not even letting him go out tut..tut.. you gotcha let it out you know okay now tis is scared let it out.
my cat is scared of people but me nephew is training hopefully inshallah he will be aright (hope so) please do get more pics inshallah.

i think this thread should be moved in "kitty && Tania's cat thread"

Ma'assalama

Ar-RaYYan
12-29-2006, 09:43 PM
OMG , these cats are sooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!

Wish I had one :cry: (especially one of the cats in this thread :D )

Pyro
12-29-2006, 09:44 PM
so i should have let him wander outside when he was a kitten?, in the hot scorching weather, where big stray cats hang out?
i dont see anything wrong with letting him just inside the house, air conditioned, comfortable little bed, 3 meals a day. If i'm guilty of anything, it's loving too much :P

Tania
12-30-2006, 06:16 AM
so i should have let him wander outside
You can't do that:eek: I just tried to offer a better interpretation for this :"he clings his claws on me, ouch " When he will change his hygene, he will tell you.Until then has no point to scarry him.

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
i think this thread should be moved
Sis we should respect Muslimah4life wish to have this thread and just enjoy the cats picture in our thread too :)

Pyro
12-30-2006, 08:02 AM
I have no idea what you just said :P
I have to take him out wen i take him to the vet. I think only the first time i took him out, he clung on me, he doesn't do it anymore, but he still doesn't like the outside.

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 01:53 PM

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 01:54 PM
fullphp?imgCAT 0010 -

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Salaam
peek a boo :)
fullphp?imgCAT 0195 -

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Salaam
I love this one

fullphp?imgCAT 0180 -

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Salaam

whatever you do don't look down

fullphp?imgCAT 0027 -

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Salaam

Help me please it's getting late.

fullphp?imgCAT 0037 -

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Salaam
you guard me okay. :)

fullphp?imgCAT 0191 -

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Salaam
This kitty says back off :) :)

fullphp?imgCAT 0007 -

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Salaam
Im flying!!!!

fullphp?imgCAT 0015 -

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Salaam
Bye Bye

fullphp?imgCAT 0171 -

Zulkiflim
12-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Salaam,

Great pic,makes me inspired to post my cats pics,,inshallah.

i have a persian X,had no idea of the breed till i brought him to the VET.
Picked him up from the street..

Can anyone share what kind of kitty litter they use,i use crystals,found it is much better than the clay stuff...so anyone have any other form of kitty litter,,,

Also is it OK to nueter the cat?
i do not let him go out at night as he is very anti social,get into fight with other being (humans too)..LOLOL

Warthog
12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
The kittys are nice to look at, but I don't really like cats. I prefer pigs. They are quite smart. And you can feed them anything (even cats).

Tania
12-30-2006, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Warthog
The kittys are nice to look at, but I don't really like cats. I prefer pigs. They are quite smart. And you can feed them anything (even cats).
Do you keep a pig as pet:? I know the cats are like a delicacy for certain people too but in this thread where are cat lovers, i think its not the case to mention that.

Warthog
12-30-2006, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Do you keep a pig as pet:? I know the cats are like a delicacy for certain people too but in this thread where are cat lovers, i think its not the case to mention that.
Naw, I can't keep one where live.

I know the cats are like a delicacy for certain people too but in this thread where are cat lovers, i think its not the case to mention that.
Oops, sorry. It's just that pigs really will eat anything. Would it be better if I said they would eat dogs? (some pigs will eat people if given a chance)

Pyro
12-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I neutered my cat, most say that it is a good thing to do and that it is humane. If your cat ends up mating with another cat, the young kittens born will have to live their lives in the streets.

Warthog
12-30-2006, 08:14 PM
I neutered my cat, most say that it is a good thing to do and that it is humane. If your cat ends up mating with another cat, the young kittens born will have to live their lives in the streets.
Street cats. Very dangerous. Form gangs, deal drugs. Turf wars with pigs (not police).

Tania
12-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Cat maintenance:)
Part 2: The cat litter
Before to buy a litter we should consider this points:
  1. The litterboxes always must be kept clean. Each time when the cats eliminate, they look for a clean area .Dirty litterboxes are a main reason for cats to eliminate outside the litterbox.
  2. The cats have an inborn drive to seek out an easily-raked substrate in which to eliminate - similar with the sand. (Would you rather walk barefoot on a gravel driveway or on a sandy beach:? )
  3. Cats do not like stepping on wet litter and wet litter has an offensive smell to cats as well as to humans. The litterbox must be clean daily.
  4. The location must be quite (NOTto near a noisy appliance, a high traffic area, or a competitor's territory). The cat need privacy :-[
  5. Each cat must have the own litterbox.

Litters what can be found on the market:
  1. Conventional litter - based on clay its a great absorbent. The new clay litter was more absorbent than sand, and its larger grain made it less likely to be tracked from the litter box.
  2. Clumping litter - Most are made from granulated bentonite clay which clumps together when wet and form a solid mass separate from the other litter in the box. Advantage: This solid clumped material can then be disposed of without changing the entire contents of the litter box often. Disavantage: Some claim that clumping litters can be harmful to pets because if it is ingested or inhaled, it swells and solidifies inside them. This is thought to be particularly dangerous for kittens, who are more likely to ingest cat litter and less likely to recover easily. For the same reason, it is not recommended to flush clumping litters down the toilet.
  3. Silica gel litter - is a porous granular form of sodium silicate, has the highest absorbancy of any litter, and has excellent moisture and odor control. Advantage:can absorb liquid and odor for up to 30 days for one healthy normal weight cat. Stir it daily when scooping the solid waste, otherwise urine can pool in the box. Disavantage:The owner can't detect too easy when is dirty, until is too late. (litter box will leave a urine puddle at the bottom of the pan. :X )
  4. Biodegradable litter -made of recycled paper, wood shavings (primarily pine), wood, corn cobs, dried orange peel, or wheat bran. Advantage:
    flushability of the litter;reduced dust with benefits for the asthmatic cats. Disavantage: high costs.

From where could we know if our cat likes his/her new litterbox :)
The cat must follow the feline toiliting ritual which consist in:
Kitty steps into the litterbox and sniffs; she starts to dig, positions herself, and then decides to dig some more; when everything is perfect, she squats and eliminates. If she is so inclined, she begins the post-elimination ritual with sniffing and covering and more sniffing and covering. If she skips a number of the steps in this process, then there may be some trouble ahead which could end up in the carpets from the house.

Source
Source
Source

Tania
12-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Are dog lovers too .i think its better don't mention at all what are they eating :-[ Its not the case a peaceful thread to become violent.

Warthog
12-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Are dog lovers too .i think its better don't mention at all what are they eating :-[ Its not the case a peaceful thread to become violent.
Sorry, didn't really think about it.

BlissfullyJaded
12-30-2006, 09:46 PM
:sl:

Since both threads basically are to do with animals, and mainly cats, I've merged them. :)

Cute pictures btw.

Zulkiflim
12-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Salaam,

No way,i wont give up my children like that..LOLOL

Thankfully i have another house if this one get too small...
But so far my cat fight even with female cats...

So i dont think there is any chance of him becoming a father..LOL
But once this one pass away ,i think i will pick another from the street.

Tania
12-31-2006, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
But so far my cat fight even with female cats...
He is young but in the time this will change:-[

Tania
01-01-2007, 03:08 PM
How did you spoiled the pets during december/january months:)

I bought for my snails a big portion of mosquito larvae (favourite food) and the tortoises received herbs bath (in their aqvarium off course :giggling:)
They liked it:)

Kittygyal
01-01-2007, 08:02 PM

nice cats/kitty mashallah keep it up people inshallah, me won't be around that much but please look after "cat thread inshallah"

&& if you do have any pictures of cats/kittys please send them inshallah will be nice, i know myself hasn't aswel but i don't get time inshallah will do :)

haven't read everyone's post but inshallah will dow ehn i get time (wish i can)

Ma'assalama

Tania
01-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Kittens favourite toy:the t. paper
during the game:

and when its done:

:)

Tania
01-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Cats favourite toys: the scratchy chair:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
lol cute cat :D sometimes these cats r really a pain. one of em keeps climbin on my chair...another one can get to the top of my curtains! dude, thats jus...annoying :X

Tania
01-02-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
lol cute cat :D sometimes these cats r really a pain. one of em keeps climbin on my chair...another one can get to the top of my curtains! dude, thats jus...annoying :X
He wants to sit near to you...and the curtains are so attractive for them. Gives a new perspective over the things from the room:)
Why we should always keep curtains:?
  • Cats can climb on them(which is a good aerobic exercise)

• Ensure a certain privacy for our feline friend (hiding behind them)

• Cats can put in an gracefully appearance

• Cats can have their massage without our help

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
LOL! those r hilarious i laffed so loud at the last one ROFL! thats so funniii :D
ahahha
well i wouldnt mind but, they pulled off my curtains last time and its a real pain :X lol i caught one of them half way up the curtains haha, almost pulled it off. i was like hell noooo lol.

starfortress
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM

The most attractive factor about cats to me are because they have high curiousity behaviour just like in the above pics.Btw a very good pics Sis.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2007, 07:26 PM
:w:

^^ tell me about it....they've explored the bathroom too! they go in and sit in the tub and play...lol...

starfortress
01-02-2007, 07:35 PM

^^ tell me about it....they've explored the bathroom too! they go in and sit in the tub and play...lol...

I bet you smiling when saw them doing that thing.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Actually yea, it was cute lol.
he was rolling around in the tub..:X lol

Tania
01-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Mission: THE TUB
What are doing the cats in the tub:? Are they useful or should we lock the bath from their furry inspections. Before to take any further decisions please take in consideration the following standard procedure followed by every cat whos main concern is the owner well being. As a rule if you find the cat in your tub, it means you passed the whole test and you can use in safety the tub. :statisfie If not, it means its the time to rearrange the bath.
The test
  • The tub bought by the owner has the right sizes:?

• Is there any danger to inundate the neighbour :?

This serious question involves a much closer check up:

• Has the owner the right hygene produtcs in the tub or not :?

• The tub has shower and sink faucets:?

• Is the water clean enough to take a bath:?

• Or should we ran out from the bath:?

era
01-03-2007, 10:48 AM
few more beautiful pics:D

starfortress
01-03-2007, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by era
few more beautiful pics:D

Huh,they are all chubby kitties.

@Tania

Is it Monitor lizard or Iguana in the tub?

Tania
01-03-2007, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
Is it Monitor lizard or Iguana in the tub?
I think its an iguana:-[ (after the skin colour and his small neck)

Tania
01-03-2007, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by era

You have fluffy, cute, playful, little brave kittens. :thumbs_up: They climbed on the cat fourniture which is kind of high for them.:) Each of them are cute but this one, how does he sleeps, with his little red nose and paws...its lovely.

muslimah4life
01-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Salaam

Im okay with my thread being merged into this one, its good. :)

Tania
01-03-2007, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah4life
Salaam

Im okay with my thread being merged into this one, its good. :)
Could you post up more pics then:? :-[ :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
omg awww ahaha they're mad cute! lol i like the second to last one...:D

Tania
01-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Cats other favourite places to play
The carpet

The door jam

The waste basket

The radiator

Next: Classification of the cats toys :)

starfortress
01-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Cats other favourite places to play
The carpet

The door jam

The waste basket

The radiator

Next: Classification of the cats toys :)
Just like my cats :confused:

Tania
01-04-2007, 08:12 AM
lol...active cats. How many cats do you have :?:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-04-2007, 04:12 PM
omg u know what....my kittens r starting to do all the same. one thing im really annoyed about...i think they like the carpet a bit too much....they start chewing on it and tearing off some of the fuzz....why they doin dat!!!! AHH. i have to vacuum everytime, cuz it ends up all over the house....

Kittygyal
01-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Assamualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu.

Mashallah Guchy Guchy aww mashallah, there ever so cute you need to train kittens first before they become cats because tis very hard to train then when they become cats but best thign to do is give them toys to play with such as a sugar papaer that helps them to scratch the sugar paper also it's good for there nails, also try a rattle toy shake it to them && make them leap NEVER let them get away with climing on stuff always be strickt at times whith them.

i need to go now sowiee, am very sowiee for not being active in my thread soiww Tania you know my condition so just plz pray 4 me.

forgive me if i eva hurt ya && i love ya all for thy sake of ma lord

Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-04-2007, 06:49 PM
yea they climb on everythin at the mo, which is what im getting strict with. i have plenty of toys for them to play with. :D

SHAH G
01-04-2007, 07:21 PM
my pets well you might not find them cute but they niceAttachment 2771

Attachment 2772

Attachment 2773

Tania
01-04-2007, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SHAH G
my pets well you might not find them cute but they nice[ATTACH]2771
I remember your chickens. Are asian chickens and you hired a dog to guard them.:) Where is the dog picture:?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
nah they cute bro :D especially the chicks..aww :)

M2A^AKIB^
01-05-2007, 02:30 AM
i like cats, they are not bad... as for the chicken... they aren't cute, but they taste good. Yum....

my mom told me that when i was probably 3 back in Bangladesh we had like 5 chicks, i killed 2 of them by squeezing them and my big brother killed 1 more same way... i don't remember any of those... but it sounds sad when i picture it in my mind doing that...

After all i was only 3 years old or something :D.

As Salamaulaikum

Tania
01-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Cat maintenance
Part 3:The toys
Toys for climbing- The scratching post:)

Why the cats climb :?
Kittens and cats climb to the trees or curtains usually as : a hunting strategy; to escape being chased; to mark their teritorry.
The cats body is perfectly designed for that. Their muscular strength and sense of balance make them a truly athletic climber. The cats are also an excellent jumper. They are generally able to jump four or five times their own height from a crouching, stationary position. It tenses the hindquarters before propelling itself forwards and upwards. The forelegs are used to correct the balance and to gain a safe foothold when necessary.However the cats are more adept at ascending than descending. They are better at climbing up trees than climbing down and the reason is that when they comes to climbing down a cat's physical design goes against them. The claws curve in the wrong direction and they have to rely on their weaker, front legs to hold their weight. (thats why sometimes they remain stuck on high places and needs the owner rescue skills :giggling:)
CONCLUSION: The borned skills make the cats to climb and would not be rational from the owner side to stop that. What would be rational is to prevent to climb on certain items from the house.

How can we prevent them to climb on curtains or fourniture:?
The cats are terrified by noise. To avoid the climbing on the curtains can be used:
  1. A doorknob alarm on your curtains.When pinned to the drapes, the alarm will sound every time your cat tries to use your drapes as a ladder. Before to buy it you must enquire if they are activated if hang on the curtains or only on the wood fourniture.For best results, get the kind that resets itself after every use.
  2. Hanging a small bell to the curtains. The cats never liked the bells sounds. They hated it and the fact the owner decided to hang a small bell to their collar made them to chase more quitely only to avoid the noise.
  3. Hog horn or other noise maker. Don't make eye contact with your cat when you use a squirt bottle or noisemaker. Every time you see the cat start to climb, give a quick squirt or toss the beanbag near the animal (not at it) then walk away. You want to make the consequence of this behavior unpleasant, not terrifying.Don't startle your high-minded cat with a squirt gun or noisemaker when it's perched near something breakable. This could cause the animal to jump in fear, knock the object over, and get hurt in the process.

will be continued

Source
Source

starfortress
01-05-2007, 11:08 AM
lol...active cats. How many cats do you have :?:)
At the peaks,it were 4 and presently there are two of them are still left.The other two were died few months backimsad.

Tania
01-05-2007, 11:52 AM
The other two were died few months backimsad.
:( Sorry for your lost. Still you have two :) and never knows, may be will be more

Kittygyal
01-05-2007, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SHAH G
my pets well you might not find them cute but they niceAttachment 2771

Attachment 2772

Attachment 2773

Mashallah there ever so cute ALLAH HU AKBAR :)

Akhi u have dogz aswel dont't cha? so can you post some of them inshallah when you have time yh,safe

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
01-05-2007, 03:11 PM
At the peaks,it were 4 and presently there are two of them are still left.The other two were died few months backimsad.
aww :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: my Cat died aswel a man drowve over it shilly dude :cry: :cry:
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
01-05-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
i like cats, they are not bad... as for the chicken... they aren't cute, but they taste good. Yum....

my mom told me that when i was probably 3 back in Bangladesh we had like 5 chicks, i killed 2 of them by squeezing them and my big brother killed 1 more same way... i don't remember any of those... but it sounds sad when i picture it in my mind doing that...

After all i was only 3 years old or something :D.

As Salamaulaikum

huh!

subhanallah! thats what my nephew does aswel now he grips me cats && kicks them about && stuff but alhamdulillah he's calmed down i keep they away from him! but then he complaines && says my cats scracthed him, huh no thy neva! lol me && my nephew are like cats && dogs lol, he says i have too many pets because i have 5 cats 1 kitten, 2 puppies && 1 parrot he complains but rest of me neices && nephews are kewl with it apart from HIm grr, but i still love em :statisfie

Ma'assalama

starfortress
01-05-2007, 06:07 PM
aww :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: my Cat died aswel a man drowve over it shilly dude :cry: :cry:
Ma'assalama
Ouch,that's so sad.Sorry for your lost.

Still you have two :) and never knows, may be will be more
Me too hope so,btw a very strong roosters bro Mostafa,they have a very similar looks with the Malaysian type.:thumbs_up

Tania
01-05-2007, 06:11 PM
they have a very similar looks with the Malaysian type.:thumbs_up
They are like the chickens from Malaysia:) (i think sis Syilla posted pics with them. Here is the post:Chicken

skhalid
01-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I love cats...although they can really be annoying some times...lazy...sleep a lot...make a mess...and if they aint house trained...they never enter my house!!!
But they are so adorable, so cute...one of the best of Allah creations...after the universe..humans and other animals!!!!

starfortress
01-05-2007, 06:22 PM
They are like the chickens from Malaysia:) (i think sis Syilla posted pics with them. I have to search for the thread.)
How about this one.Its a Serama Chicken(Ayam Serama),the lightest Bantam Chicken.:)

Source

Tania
01-05-2007, 06:27 PM
How about this one.Its a Serama Chicken(Ayam Serama),the lightest Bantam Chicken.:)
I think its the same chicken if you check up her picture too:)

Tania
01-05-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
they never enter my house!!!!
Wait to have your first cat and you will see how you will speak then:)

starfortress
01-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I think its the same chicken if you check up her picture too:)
Yep it is, they are same breeds.

And this is a typical Malay Chicken(Ayam Kampung) These birds are very long legged, and the broad skull and projecting eyebrows give them a sinister expression lol.Originally used for cock fighting,:( the Malay Chickens are quite pugnacious.It is intolerant of other roosters and may attack anyone who goes near it's hens.

Kittygyal
01-05-2007, 07:04 PM

can we talk about cats people :p

talk about anything ANY animal inshallah

Ma'assalama

starfortress
01-05-2007, 07:16 PM

can we talk about cats people :p

talk about anything ANY animal inshallah

Ma'assalama
Sorry :p

skhalid
01-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Wait to have your first cat and you will see how you will speak then:)
I've had cats before lol
:D

starfortress
01-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Man it's quite in here.Just to share my feelings at this moment that i cannot wait the day me and some others will depart to Malaysia National Park,i hope i could snaps as much pics as i want then i'll post them here,however this is not a promises.The Tigers and Elephants would be an awesome targets,though it's not likely that moment going to happen,but according to my friend on his earlier trips he has saw a tiger drinking at the reiverside by his eyes,at that time he was on the boat.I can't believe he was panic to pickup the camera as his cameras and h/p were heavily wrapped in plastic bags,so he misses that golden chance:enough!: :enough!: :enough!:

p/s-sorry im too excited.

Tania
01-08-2007, 04:06 PM
p/s-sorry im too excited.
Good decision :thumbs_up Don't forget the camera and take many pics :) I saw the people which are making the wildlife movies from Animal planet. They are waiting sometimes for months to catch a good scene and your friends skipped the moment because of fear :-\ One day i will go too in Malaysia

Tania
01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Quiz
What am i:? - a quiz about Cats patterns and breeds :)
All good answers will get 8 points
First question : What am i:? A ticked tabby or mackerel tabby cat:)

starfortress
01-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Quiz
What am i:? - a quiz about Cats patterns and breeds :)
All good answers will get 8 points
First question : What am i:? A ticked tabby or mackerel tabby cat:)
I thinks it's belong to Irish types.No excact answers had crossed in my mind, and i only guessing.:blind: The answer is ticked tabby.:hiding:

Tania
01-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Quiz
What am i - a quiz about Cats patterns and breeds
First question : What am i a ticked tabby or mackerel tabby cat :?
Answer : a mackerel tabby cat:)

The mackerel tabby cat:)

The "mackerel" or "striped" tabby is a series of vertical stripes down the cat's side (resembling the fish). This pattern broken into spots is referred to as a "spotted" tabby. Finally, the tabby markings may look like a series of ticks on the fur, thus the "ticked" tabby, which is almost exclusively associated with the Abyssinian breed of cats. The worldwide evolution of the cat means that certain types of tabby are associated with certain countries; for instance, blotched tabbies are quite rare outside NW Europe, where they are the most common type.
Source

The ticked tabby :X

Tania
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Quiz
Which is my mood:? - a quiz about Cats body language

First question : The third eyelid will often show when a cat is : a)very contented or very sleepy b) is hunting :?

starfortress
01-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Quiz
Which is my mood:? - a quiz about Cats body language

First question : The third eyelid will often show when a cat is : a)very contented or very sleepy b) is hunting :?
Man..i am teased to answer this one:p .it's look easy.The answer is, the cat is very sleepy.:D

starfortress
01-10-2007, 05:59 PM

May i ask a question:? if yes this is the quest for you guys:p .O.K it goes like this: *Do you know our beloved Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) favorite cat was named ......

a)Muezza.

b)Muezzin.

*Open to everyone.

Tania
01-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Man..i am teased to answer this one:p .it's look easy.The answer is, the cat is very sleepy.:D
:statisfie :thumbs_up Congratulation:bravo:

The third eyelid will often show when a cat is very contented, or very sleepy, or both. Evinrude here, is enjoying some "lovies" from his human, and the circumstances indicate that he is very happy, rather than sick. This is a convincing argument for knowing your cat's normal disposition, behavior, and observing his body language during various daily events. You'll be better equipped to quickly access and respond, when something goes amiss
Source

Tania
01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
*Do you know our beloved Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) favorite cat was named ......

a)Muezza.

b)Muezzin.
I think its Muezza because Muezzin its the man which call for prayer from the minaret:-[

Kittygyal
01-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Muezzien

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-10-2007, 11:07 PM
:statisfie :thumbs_up Congratulation:bravo:

The third eyelid will often show when a cat is very contented, or very sleepy, or both. Evinrude here, is enjoying some "lovies" from his human, and the circumstances indicate that he is very happy, rather than sick. This is a convincing argument for knowing your cat's normal disposition, behavior, and observing his body language during various daily events. You'll be better equipped to quickly access and respond, when something goes amiss
Source
loooool now i know my cats luv me ;D they do it A LOT. they stretch out completely cuz they want a rub too LOL! so cute....:) when i bring my hand out, one of my cats will come and rub his head on my hand hehe. also when im sleeping they'll come on my bed...or fall asleep on my blanket lollzzz. they do a bunch of stuff...:D

starfortress
01-11-2007, 05:14 PM

The favorites cat of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) was named Muezza.Congratulation to Tania:thumbs_up

Tania
01-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Cats breed
A great satisfaction of each owner is to identify correctly his cat ancestors. Even if the pure breed cats represents only 3% from the whole number of owned cats, in each cat there is a several features of certain breeds - which off course can be discovered if the owner wish that.:)
Part I Breed profile :Japanese Bobtail
Japanese bobtail with black and white pattern of fur :)

Appearance :
Body: The Japanese bobtail is a long, lean, elegant cat with clean lines and bone structure. The legs are long and slender, with the hind legs noticeably longer than the front. The head forms an equilateral triangle with gentle curving lines, a broad, rounded muzzle, and large, expressive, upright ears. The large, oval, slanted eyes, along with high cheek bones and long nose, give the face a distinctive Japanese cast very different from other oriental breeds. Of course, the tail is the defining characteristic - similar with a pom pom :X
Fur: Shorthaired JBTs have medium length, soft, silky fur with no undercoat. Longhaired JBTs have medium-long soft, silky fur with no noticeable undercoat. The longhair's coat is shorter and lies close to the body, gradually lengthening toward the rump, with longer fur on the tail, britches, and neck.
Fur patterns:
bold, dramatic markings and vividly contrasting colors like solids, tabbies, tortoiseshells, and patched tabbies.
Japanese Bobtail with calico pattern of fur :)

Personality
  • Bobtails are energetic, playful cats. However, their favorite games are those in which you take an active role. If you'll be spending a lot of time away from home, provide a kitty companion to give your JBT an outlet for her energy.
  • Devoted and people oriented, JBTs are ever-present companions that stop just short of being clingy. They want to be involved with your activities, whether it's folding laundry, preparing dinner, or puttering on your computer. Bobtails also enjoy a good conversation and they produce a wide range of tones that fanciers describe as “singing.”
  • They are adept jumpers, too, so a tall cat tree is necessary to keep your JBT from scaling the bookcase or climbing the drapes.

Intelligence
Because JBTs are intelligent cats, they quickly learn new behaviors usually reserved for the canine crowd such as fetching and walking on a lead.

Grooming
Because of the minimal undercoat, even the longhair requires little grooming. A good combing once or twice a week is usually enough:)

Health
Japanese Bobtails are strong and healthy cats. They usually have litters of three to four kittens that are extremely large for newborns. This breed has a low kitten mortality rate and high disease resistance.

Source
Source

Tania
01-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Cats breed

Part II Breed profile :Scotish fold
Scotish fold :)

Appearance :
Body: The breed's has a distinctive folded ears produced by a gene. The large, round eyes and rounded head, cheeks, and whisker pads add to the overall rounded appearance. Despite the folded ears, folds still use their aural appendages to express themselves – the ears swivel to listen, lay back in anger and prick up when the treat bag rustles.

Fur: Scottish folds are found in both longhaired and shorthaired varieties. The longhaired fold has a medium-long to long coat that is soft and full of life and boasts a full ruff, leg britches, toe tufts, ear furnishings and a huge plume of a tail. The shorthaired fold has a short to medium-short, dense, resilient coat that stands away from the body.

Fur patterns:
Scottish Folds come in any and all colors possible with the exception of those showing evidence of hybridization resulting in the colors chocolate, lavender, the Himalayan pattern, or a combination of these and white.

Scotish fold with silver and white pattern of fur :)

Personality
  • Scottish folds are mellow, loving, sweet-tempered and adapt quickly to new environments and people. While folds will deign to allow others to cuddle and pet them, they are very loyal and tend to bond with one person in the household, whom they will follow from room to room like devoted, lop-eared puppies. They thrive on attention and interaction with their chosen humans and are agreeable to almost any suggestion – as long as it can be accomplished from a reclining position.
  • Despite their devotion, they are not clingy or demanding cats and usually prefer to be near you rather than on your lap. They vocalize only when they have something very important to say, like “Feed me,” but even then their voices are usually quiet. They enjoy a good game of fetch now and then and stay playful and kittenish well into adulthood.

Intelligence
Scottish Folds are hardy cats, much like their barnyard ancestors. Scottish Folds adapt to almost any home situation and are as comfortable in a room full of noisy children and dogs as they are in a single person’s dwelling. They don’t usually panic at shows or in strange hotel rooms, and they adjust to other animals extremely well.

Grooming
  • Shorthaired folds need minimal grooming. Because their coat is dense, however, it's necessary to comb their fur with a good steel comb once or twice a week to remove dead hairs. Longhaired folds require more grooming – combing with a good steel comb twice or three times a week will prevent mats and keep the fur looking its best.
  • The folded ears cause an increased production of wax buildup in some cats, making ear cleaning a necessary part of bi-monthly grooming for both long and shorthaired varieties.

Scotish fold with calico pattern of fur :)

Health
The schotish fold is an undemanding breed. Still due to fold +fold breeding they can have serious health issues - skeletal deformities. Thats why be sure to determine the flexibility of the tail and check the feet and legs. There must be no hint of thickness or lack of mobility due to short, coarse legs or splayed toes. Determination of tail flexibility can be accomplished by moving your hand down the tail in a VERY GENTLE, slightly upward-arching movement. With proper flexibility, this arching movement can be made without discomfort to the cat. Again, when doing this PLEASE BE GENTLE!

Source
Source

Tania
01-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Brother Starfortrees had the idea to challenge the readers of the thread to vote for their favourite breed. Basically would be about to choose between 2 breeds. Each week will be posted two breeds and who will get more points from the readers will become the breed of the week. From the 4 breeds, monthly will be choose 1 and from the 12 monthly winners will remain in the beginning of january only 1 - the Best pure breed.

In order the contest to be pleasant for our readers please post your views. How would you like the contest to be organized.:)
We are waiting for your posts upto tuesday 16th january 2007
:thankyou:

Naira
01-13-2007, 07:54 PM
wow great thread first let me read from the start :)

starfortress
01-13-2007, 09:15 PM
A great satisfaction of each owner is to identify correctly his cat ancestors
@Tania
I never had that statisfaction,maybe most of Malaysian especially those who lives outside from town.:blind:can you help me identified which breeds belong to mine:D

snakelegs
01-13-2007, 10:47 PM
i vote for the japanese bobtail, tho i would like it better if it had a tail.
don't like the scottish fold at all! cats are supposed to have ears!!!
i wonder why people like to take a beautiful animal like a cat and then breed all these weird and creepy mutations? sadly (i think), people go for these mutations and are happy to pay extra for something weird, so there is a financial motive obviously. believe it or not, this has happened in snake breeding too - so much so, that in some cases it is getting hard to find a snake that looks like its species is supposed to look.

Tania
01-14-2007, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i vote for the japanese bobtail, tho i would like it better if it had a tail.
don't like the scottish fold at all! cats are supposed to have ears!!!
.... it is getting hard to find a snake that looks like its species is supposed to look.
lol, he has a tail like a curly sausage or pom-pom :giggling: The tail its around 3 cm long. :)
Please here you can see a cat who's tail has a little until will be perfectly arranged:D

The scotish fold its a natural breed which occur without any human interference. More precisely in one farm the cat , after several expedition had litters with folded ears. One cat lover which travelled near to the farm noticed the more plump cat and asked for one. He got it, breed it and today are several cats with this features because i must add not all the kittens have folded ears. Look for a kitten which for sure will have a folded ear:

and from this kittens i am not sure if each will have folded ears:

Here you can see better his ear:

Tania
01-14-2007, 05:38 AM
@Tania
I never had that statisfaction,maybe most of Malaysian especially those who lives outside from town.:blind:can you help me identified which breeds belong to mine:D
I will try my best, and its nothing wrong to say your cat belong to x, y,z breed because you are not taking advantage from that. :-[ Even in the animal planet the keepers are saying: this is a cross between - and for sure they are looking after features.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 05:59 AM
omgggg cute cats! awwwwww. i want em ;D

Tania
01-14-2007, 06:12 AM
omgggg cute cats! awwwwww. i want em ;D
You will have to vote for them:statisfie So please check up the pictures and the profiles to choose "the best of the best, the cream" from the breeds (i took this sentence from the funniest animal show)

Tania
01-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Brother Starfortrees had the idea to challenge the readers of the thread to vote for their favourite breed. Basically would be about to choose between 2 breeds. Each week will be posted two breeds and who will get more points from the readers will become the breed of the week. From the 4 breeds, monthly will be choose 1 and from the 12 monthly winners will remain in the beginning of january only 1 - the Best pure breed.

In order the contest to be pleasant for our readers please post your views. How would you like the contest to be organized.:)
We are waiting for your posts upto tuesday 16th january 2007
:thankyou:
I forgot to ask if you would like the poll to be public in order to see the readers name or hidden, without their name:?

snakelegs
01-14-2007, 08:33 AM
lol, he has a tail like a curly sausage or pom-pom :giggling: The tail its around 3 cm long. :)
Please here you can see a cat who's tail has a little until will be perfectly arranged:D

The scotish fold its a natural breed which occur without any human interference. More precisely in one farm the cat , after several expedition had litters with folded ears. One cat lover which travelled near to the farm noticed the more plump cat and asked for one. He got it, breed it and today are several cats with this features because i must add not all the kittens have folded ears. Look for a kitten which for sure will have a folded ear:

and from this kittens i am not sure if each will have folded ears:

Here you can see better his ear:
i prefer the ears on the ones someone posted from saudi arabia. (they were unusually large).
thanks for more pix.
you're right - it is natural in the sense that a mutant was born and then a human kept breeding it.
actually, i really know almost nothing about cat breeds (my favourite is the tiger stripe, generic alley cat), so this is pretty interesting. my 3 cats (who really aren't mine, but they are my restaurant freeloaders) are all mutts.
if i had a camera, i'd post pix. they each have different colour eyes
and their voices are all different too.
i don't think it matters whether the poll results are public or not - so do what's easier.

Tania
01-14-2007, 11:00 AM
i prefer the ears on the ones someone posted from saudi arabia. (they were unusually large).
thanks for more pix.
you're right - it is natural in the sense that a mutant was born and then a human kept breeding it.
my 3 cats (who really aren't mine, but they are my restaurant freeloaders)
:) I would like only to add i am completely against of animal genetics, making all kind of tortured animals, including cats. On the other hand the cat shows recognize only several breeds, exactly for stopping the people to go on in this dangerous road. We should not forget the chinese which made in the lab a cup dog, with a 100 grame weight. Please post your :statisfie customers pictures :) We will have really big ears breed too, just not this week(next week). During the week will be posted several pictures with the first 2 selected breeds in order to can vote taking in account each profiles.
Bro Starfortrees its working at contest rules.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 09:49 PM
i choose the scottish fold, cuz it looks cute nd bubbly :D his little ears make it look cuter ;D

starfortress
01-14-2007, 10:01 PM
i choose the scottish fold, cuz it looks cute nd bubbly :D his little ears make it look cuter ;D
I am the one who choose the Japs breeds,i hope that scottish breed are not deaf.:D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 10:10 PM
lol i like em both really but i chose the scottish fold for that reason ;D
why would they be deaf:? some ppl have big and small ears, doesnt mean they're deaf ;D lol :X

Al_Imaan
01-14-2007, 11:53 PM
look at all the pretty kittys...i voted for the Japanese bobtail...it's adorable

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 12:00 AM
lol im the only one who chose the first one :X

Sweetness
01-15-2007, 12:04 AM
That fold cat looks a little scary.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-15-2007, 12:11 AM

Masha'Allah, kittens are the most cutest creatures. They're just so adorable.

snakelegs
01-15-2007, 12:20 AM
:) I would like only to add i am completely against of animal genetics, making all kind of tortured animals, including cats. On the other hand the cat shows recognize only several breeds, exactly for stopping the people to go on in this dangerous road. We should not forget the chinese which made in the lab a cup dog, with a 100 grame weight. Please post your :statisfie customers pictures :) We will have really big ears breed too, just not this week(next week). During the week will be posted several pictures with the first 2 selected breeds in order to can vote taking in account each profiles.
Bro Starfortrees its working at contest rules.
my customers are very happy and like my cooking very much. (nobody else does, including me). i don't have a camera, so no pix.
a cattish friend was telling me recently that the breeds have changed drastically over the last 3 decades - dunno if true or not.
i've already voted for the japanese bobtail. reason - it looks more like a regular cat.

sevgi
01-15-2007, 03:52 AM
i voted for the jap bobtail...why? coz i like its head shape better. its a lot more cute. and i thought of which one would attract me better if i walked into a pet store and got my answer. i love cats. i always have. i had seven kittens at once...once upon a time.with quite a mixture of breeds.then we had to get rid of em coz i was too young to look after them.

:statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
That fold cat looks a little scary.
LOL why cuz it barely has ears?? ;D I like both, but its just that one is bubblyish...:p
thats pretty mean tho btw rofl.

Tania
01-15-2007, 03:59 AM
lol im the only one who chose the first one :X
:) I voted him too because:
  • he has little cute ears BUT not every scotish fold has folded ears. Are with straight ears too:) and i will post pics with them later;
  • he is a very quiet cat, not complaining too often about his life;
  • he is good with other pets and family - addapt quickly for each change from the house.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 04:04 AM
yea thats why i voted. it was diff. so is the other but, its just cute ;D

Tania
01-15-2007, 04:05 AM
so no pix.
:( I really hoped to see them.May be you will still succeed :-[

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 04:07 AM
i luv this thread btw :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-15-2007, 04:08 AM

:shade:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 04:10 AM
^^lol, cute. u have cats bro? :) speaking of cats, i should post new ones up of mine...they're soo big now, MashAllah. yooo they like listening to Qur'an too. its fun to watch :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-15-2007, 04:13 AM
No, i dont :( But I would love to. But there were times I was able to play around with cats. I even remember there was this one cat, ginger colored, that was scared for some reason, and i kept going after it, and was tryin to grab it from under a chair. I ended up with a bloody hand...

But the kittens are very fun, they jump around in your lap and stuff and if you have a toy or something you can make them jump at it. Very fun :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 04:16 AM
lol dont let em jump too much. i got plenty of scratches as well :offended:
lol i got some toys for them too, but the best one is the laser pen...lol! ;D
THATS fun to use...they run like crazi...
if u point it at the wall, they'll jump up like dogs loooll. well mine do that. imagine how it looks wit 3 kittens ;D

theyre bigger than this now tho. the last 2 look less fluffy because we gave em a bath. but the last one is actually a runt.

Tania
01-15-2007, 11:44 AM
The kitten is very cute and has straight ears:)
Tayyaba please update the kittens pictures :)
Both posts inspired me to post kittens from the two contester breeds:-[ I will begin with the first breed : The japanese bobtail

Tania
01-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Japanese bobtail kittens
All pictures source : Grenoville Japanese Bobtail
They have upto 6 litters, all healthy and if we look closer at pic we can notice the fur from the tail is much longer than the body fur. From here its coming the pom-pom look of the tail:

The mothers loves her kittens and usually carry them in the mouth. The full belly its just a sign of well feed kitten which just take a nap.

The kitten just wake up and shows us her face too under the mom fur(not only the belly :-[ like in the previous pic)

When they get older ,they begin to be active, favourite games being the reading:

and the bags (all time toy of all kittens ,if i may say that)

amirah_87
01-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Cutte stuff!! :thumbs_up

I voted for the Scottish Cat, Cause it Looks like this Cat In a story book I used to read as a Kid! :)
and the japanese cat looks weird without a proper long tail!!

It's Just Yuck!!! :heated:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 05:46 PM
^^yay another vote ;D it is cute isnt it? :)
cute kittens btw tania!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-15-2007, 06:18 PM

haha, these are soo cute Masha'Allah. The middle one looks too cuute. And yeah about the bags, they'll play with it for hours.

lol i got some toys for them too, but the best one is the laser pen...lol! ;D
THATS fun to use...they run like crazi...
Havent tried that, but i can imagine them jumping at the wall.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 06:22 PM
I want to snatch those little kittens away in the first pic. So adorable lol.

Havent tried that, but i can imagine them jumping at the wall.
i wish i could record it and put it up...
its funni lol.

The Ruler
01-15-2007, 06:24 PM

the second cat...the japanese one...

reason: cause it has the word 'japan' in its name :thumbs_up

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 06:25 PM
^^lol. thats odd.
The first one is on like a losing streak :X

Pretty_najm
01-15-2007, 08:09 PM
awwwwwwwwwww those are cute pics, subhanAllah! I LOVE cats!!!! Im thinkin about gettin me a third kittie, but my husband is like no, he can only stand two. I spoil my babies rotten:D

SubhanAllah!

Tania
01-15-2007, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pretty_najm
awwwwwwwwwww those are cute pics, subhanAllah! I LOVE cats!!!! Im thinkin about gettin me a third kittie, but my husband is like no, he can only stand two. I spoil my babies rotten:D

SubhanAllah!
Ohh please post their pics:)

Tania
01-15-2007, 08:20 PM
i wish i could record it and put it up...
its funni lol.
May be you can take a pic when they "chase" the light. To see how they strech the paws to catch it.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 10:15 PM
yea i was thinking that hehe. more than one at least. so u get an idea :D

Umm Yoosuf
01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Wow Masha Allah. What beautiful creatures. I like cats they are cute and everything but I would never dare to pick on up. Even touching it is unbearable.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
^^meanie :X lol

Snowflake
01-15-2007, 11:18 PM
omg I love cats.. tayyaba send me a kitten pleaseee /:(\

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 11:19 PM
LOL! u used it already ;D
come over and u can play wit em :p

seeker_of_ilm
01-15-2007, 11:21 PM

Animals rock! Although the most my mums ever allowed me is a pet hamster, which died of skin cancer.

In the future though, I'm gonna have Cats, Camels, Horses insha'Allah...you name it lol

Snowflake
01-15-2007, 11:21 PM
not a bad idea.. at least that way I dont have to clean the mess :X *runs*

but seriously I want to get one for my son inshaAllah.. sorta peppered, black, white one :wub:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 11:24 PM
omg ive seen some in those colors, they look so cute... /:)\ <---loool

Al_Imaan
01-15-2007, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Al Ansari

haha, these are soo cute Masha'Allah. The middle one looks too cuute. And yeah about the bags, they'll play with it for hours.
the middle looks like a baby kangaroo..lol

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 11:43 PM
omg speaking of the bags. my cats dont jus play wit em, but they sit inside it. It almost looks like its trying commit suicide. cuz one will be inside and another will sit on it from the outside and trap em looool. so i gotta be careful wit them around it :X

Snowflake
01-15-2007, 11:51 PM
omg ive seen some in those colors, they look so cute... /:)\ <---loool
mashaAllah, u started wearing hijab then? >>> /:)\ lololol

here's my idea of a cute cat.. i like this sorta fur colour :D:statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 11:52 PM
^^awwww heheheee cuteeeee.
ive been wearing hijab over a yr now /:)\ lol

Snowflake
01-15-2007, 11:59 PM
lol sorry I was supposed to write 'joke' at the end.. *kicks herself* OUCH!

look at this loool.. this is exactly why I love cats.. haha it's like a lil baby... so cute subhanAllah :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 12:57 AM
omg its so cuteeee hehe. it looks funniii :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-16-2007, 01:25 AM

I dont know if anyone has seen this, but its a bit old, but definetly belongs in this thread:

Hide the dogs :skeleton:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 01:28 AM
yes i have. its priceless. i wana steal the kitty and his sniper ;D
its a cat sized sniper lolll. reminding me of cs...:X

p.s. the jap cat is in the lead :X

Tania
01-16-2007, 03:53 AM
yes i have. its priceless. i wana steal the kitty and his sniper ;D
its a cat sized sniper lolll. reminding me of cs...:X

p.s. the jap cat is in the lead :X
The warrior kitten:) but has a beautiful fluffy fur and blue eyes :-[ What it means cs:?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 04:16 AM
oh LOL! sorry i went off there. its a computer game, counterstrike...i used to play it :X ;D.
well they r both pretty. i woulda double voted if i could :)

starfortress
01-16-2007, 04:41 AM
oh LOL! sorry i went off there. its a computer game, counterstrike...i used to play it :X ;D.
well they r both pretty. i woulda double voted if i could :)
A women plays cs,(actually PS2 etc)it's very rare in here,i will easily lost interest on PS2 game,now stick with PC game Knight of Honor.:thumbs_up

I think Garfield's belong to that Scottish Fold breed.They look same- strange features on both of them.:blind:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 05:01 AM
^^u can thank my brothers for that. my older usually asks me to play wen my lil one wont. he knows i will ;D i jus finished Gears of War with him on X Box...:X
-------------
You have any more pics Tania? they r very cuteee :)

hehe i luv these...

starfortress
01-16-2007, 05:11 AM

The second pic:thumbs_up i like it. All cats will do the same when it have to do to with shoe laces- Obsession.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 05:11 AM
looks soo evil LOL! i cant imagine my kitty's like that :X

starfortress
01-16-2007, 05:21 AM
looks soo evil LOL! i cant imagine my kitty's like that :X
Ermmm....wait until your Kitty's grown up,sure one day they'll look like that:coolalien

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
^lol

I'm sorry... don't shoot. :(
attachmentphp?attachmentid2785&ampd1168939573 -

"Arghhh... I ate too much!"
attachmentphp?attachmentid2786&ampd1168939591 -

You asked for this Bush! :raging:
attachmentphp?attachmentid2787&ampd1168939623 -

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 01:12 PM
^^mmm i dont see em sis :X

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Ermmm....wait until your Kitty's grown up,sure one day they'll look like that:coolalien
^^hehe yaa wotevaaa
ok well ill jus have to wait.
as of now they r too cute ;D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-16-2007, 02:44 PM

I dont know if anyone has seen this, but its a bit old, but definetly belongs in this thread:

Hide the dogs :skeleton:
Just noticed the picture isnt showing up, here it is:

IbnAbdulHakim
01-16-2007, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
^lol

that just might have made some sense if i could see some pictures :p

it dont show up :?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-16-2007, 02:45 PM
^lol

that just might have made some sense if i could see some pictures :p

it dont show up :?

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 03:00 PM
oh hmmm. I can see them :confused:

Tania
01-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Just noticed the picture isnt showing up, here it is:
She is soooo cute:) I think its better don't pass under her window:-[ :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
^^ yea it stopped working :X but its okie now.

Tania
01-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Scotish fold kittens
Picture sources: A japonese site:-[

Not all kittens have folded ears:

Daily activities:
scratching:

hiding in the basket:

sitting with the brothers:

making the first steps in the owners bed:statisfie

making the steps in one's bed - which is much wiser:-[

cuddling:

or just saying .....i ate already:

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 04:52 PM
can u see my pics now? :?

The Ruler
01-16-2007, 04:54 PM

any more japanese kitties?...ima try and get one

IbnAbdulHakim
01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
lol no sis but its ok inshaAllaah

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 05:01 PM
oh... but you must see them lol.. I'll try again inshaAllah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
HA SEE. scottish folds r adorable...nice pics Tania :D
no i cant sis Muslimah :X

amirah_87
01-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Hiya there People, Dunno if you guys have seen this but I could'nt stop cooing when i received it!

ENJOY!!! :statisfie

Lessons from our Pets
We can learn from our pets!

Love comes in all sizes....

Your Friends will support you....

And respect your creativity for thinking outside the box....

They'll be there when you need a shoulder to lean on....

Or a great big hug....

A true friend takes interest in understanding what you're all about....

They see beyond the black and white to discover your true colors....

And accept you just the way you are...Even when you just wake up in the morning

So make your own kind of music....

Follow your heart wherever it takes you....

And when someone reaches out to you, don't be afraid to love them back....

They may just be a friend for life....

Practice patience and tolerance.....

Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave....And impossible to forget!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 05:23 PM
LOL! the 8th picture is so00o0oo0 funnyyyyyyyyyyyy! nice pics dear sis ;D

amirah_87
01-16-2007, 05:25 PM
As salaamu Alaykum,

Lol Sis!! :D

I Personally Like Number 5!!... It's Just sooooo Cute!! :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 05:26 PM
^^ they all cute, but the 8th one is the cat behind the pillow, wit almost no ears and big yellow-orange eyes ;D so0o funni.

amirah_87
01-16-2007, 05:29 PM
You Like That One!?! :eek:

Frrreak!! :uuh:

:p

Lol Yuh they're all cute MashaAllah, Khalqul-Allah ey?!! :D

Mawaddah
01-16-2007, 05:29 PM
AWWWWWWWWW

awwwwwwwwwwwww

Adorable!! :'(

I want all of themmmmmm

Masha'allah Masha'allah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 05:30 PM
LOL its funni i said :X. I dunno wot Khalqul-Allah means. what does it mean?
^^ugh sis Mawaddah u got in between us ;D

Tania
01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I saw before the liger picture:) I like the ending with the big dog and the small kitten, how gentle he leaves the ears over her - like i protect you; or the cat singing at piano;and the friendship between the horse and cat:)

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 11:59 PM
hope u guys can see these :exhausted

"Why did you leave me?" :cry:

"Noo plzzzz.... I'm camera shy!" :-[

me & tayyaba lol

"How come I can't tickle myself?" :confused:

"I'm sorry... won't do it again!" :phew

"My hijab." :thumbs_up

Mummy & Baby

"Can I stay up a bit longer?" :-[

"Honestly!" :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 12:05 AM
OMG!! they're r so0o cute LOL! i wana steal them so badly :D ;D

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:10 AM
lolol so it was worth the effort :phew :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
me & tayyaba lol

^^ LOL! awww ;D thats funni rofl
hehe the hijab one is funni ;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 12:30 AM
"Noo plzzzz.... I'm camera shy!" :-[

LOL omg. my cat was sleeping and i went to pet him. lol i guess he got disturbed but he did the same thing LOL! i took a pic on my fone ;D

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:38 AM
lol awww show us the pic sis! :D :thumbs_up

i want a cat so badly now.. :(

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-17-2007, 12:40 AM

These creatures of Allaah are soo cute and lovable. Subhanallah. You just want to cuddle the little kittens..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Sorry i should have said my "bros" fone. Mine needs to be charged so I had to use his ;D If he sends it to my email...then i'll upload. Well u gotta make du'a for that one ;D
He doesn't listen :X I'm so hated loool.

I honestly feel like grabbing them out of the picture :D Lol...:)

Tania
01-17-2007, 05:20 AM
lolol so it was worth the effort :phew :statisfie
The pictures are lovely and i liked what you have write above each picture. I check up your kitten hijab and i think he has the right length. Tayyaba and you - i can say now you both are good friends.And the cat in front of the window, looking where is the owner its sooo sad. It makes you to think how does our pets feels when we are not at home. :wub:

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Thank you sis, glad you liked them :)

lol@I checked your kitten hijab! :giggling: I think it's about 10 paws long lol. And yeh, ur right.. pets have feeling too, they jus can't tell us :(

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

These creatures of Allaah are soo cute and lovable. Subhanallah. You just want to cuddle the little kittens..
SubhanAllah, it brings tears to my eyes to think how much beauty Allah has put into His creation just for us to enjoy. Thank you Allah. :cry:

p.s. Tayyaba am praying! jaldi kar :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 07:10 PM
^^lol praying for wat?? for me to come here /;D\

Tania
01-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Cat Body language

"Wouldn't you love to know what your cat is thinking? You can sit and watch your cat for hours but you never know just what is going on behind those big dreamy blue (or green or amber) eyes. Your cat squints at you, fluttering his eyelids until they almost close. He switches his tail. Is he angry or just excited? We may not know, but we can make some pretty good assumptions about what cats are thinking based upon the full context of their behavioral signing and events that normally follow".:)
Source : 6 Ways to Read Your Cat's Mind by Dr. Nicholas Dodman
The pictures source: can be see in each picture properties
Part I: Tell tail signs

Tail tucked – fearful, defensive

Tail held at half-mast and moving slowly from side to side – indicates mild interest

Tail vertical or straight up – indicates anticipation and/or greeting

- the cat name is Mr. Higgins
Tail vertical but curved to one side – indicates playfulness

Tail curved over the cat's back – indicates expectation/monitoring

Tail held low with tip twitching – indicates a stalking, predatory stance

Tail frantically switching in wide arcs – indicates heightened affect/aggression

Tail puffed up (piloerect) – indicates fear and aggression

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 07:24 PM
hehe they do the playful one more :) my cat jumps up to my hand wen its out, to get a rub on the head ;D so cutee.

amirah_87
01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Guys .. why has the Japanese Bobtail got more votes than the Scottish Fold!! :'(

I feel that that Picture's not doing the Poor breed any justice..

So heres a few of my own:

Now Who Rockz hunh!?!! :shade: :D

Tania
01-17-2007, 08:06 PM
If you could add more pics, may be the scotish fold will get more votes:-[ The pics are lovely

amirah_87
01-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Alright, Who's gonna see 'em here though!! :-\

The pics are abit small, dunno how to make 'em larger! :)

Behold!! The Scottish Fold.................... :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 09:40 PM
See they're so cute!! hehe. cute pics guys...:)

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 11:14 PM
^^lol praying for wat?? for me to come here /;D\
Well u gotta make du'a for that one ;D
^^^For that! lol (and u) so no pic?

/;D\< wow how come ur hijab doesn't move when ur head bobs up & down? lool ;D:X

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-18-2007, 12:25 AM
^^LOL! its glued to me ;D
ok that was lammmee loool.

Five more minutes ;D

I swear the mouse was this huge!!

At last!! My plan to rule the world has been completed!!

Is this pose okay:?

Danger Zone!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Here are some pics of my kittens...much bigger now :)

^^My favorite kitty ;D but i still love them all :)

I couldnt find the laser pen today, so i dont have those yet:X
Ill get em soon. But for now, thas all i got ;D
Hope u like em...k later :D
Can u tell them apart from the others pics Tania:? lets seee :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-18-2007, 04:09 AM

^ They're nice Masha'Allah. Just found these:

And Finally here's this hilarious video of some cats, didnt know I even had this on my computer:

http://www.4shared.com/file/9054412/...unnyCats2.html

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-18-2007, 05:17 AM
^^omg LOL! ;D ;D Half of the things in there remind me of my cats ;D looooooooool. Thanx for sharin bro. I was really bored and u made my day. Nice pictures too :) You had to pick the cutest ones right :X lol.

Snowflake
01-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Tayyaba sis, ur cats so cute mashaAllah. Are they male btw?

gorgeous pics everyone..keep them coming!

"Awww, let's be friend again!" :statisfie

"I'm done!" :exhausted

"This is the life... :coolious:

"Do Not Disturb!"

lol, just adorable!

"I'm bowled over!"

lol :p

Tania
01-18-2007, 12:14 PM

Its the first cat from left to right (which is in background)

The cat who hide his face under tail (still in the left of the picture)

:-[ I tried after the spots from their head to recognize them. Now are very cute and very "on the couch" - they even sleep there :giggling: I could not find their name:-[

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
^^lool yes ur right!! :)
i dont know what kindas they r really. do u know?
funny pics btw muslimah hehe ;D

Tania
01-18-2007, 04:59 PM
^^lool yes ur right!! :)
i dont know what kindas they r really. do u know?
funny pics btw muslimah hehe ;D
If you look at face features, mouth especially they belong to the Turkish van breed:)

Your kitten are : Turkish van cats with Red - tabby and white pattern of fur Tabiyya:statisfie

Tania
01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
The turkish van breed

Fur:
The coat on a Van is considered semi-longhaired. While many cats have three distinct hair types in their coat - guard hairs, awn hairs and down hairs - the Turkish Van only has one. This makes their coat feel like cashmere or rabbit fur, and the coat dries quickly when wet. Lake Van is a region of temperature extremes and the cats have evolved a coat that grows thick in the winter with a large ruff and bottlebrush tail for the harsh winters and then sheds out short in the body for the warm summers. The full tail is kept year round.

Pattern of fur:
Breed standards allow for one or more body spots as long as there is no more than 20% color and the cat does not give the appearance of a bicolor. Although red tabby and white is the classic van color, the color on a van's head and tail can be one of the following: Red, Cream, Black, Blue, Red Tabby, Cream Tabby, Brown Tabby, Blue Tabby, Tortoiseshell, Dilute Tortoiseshell (also known as blue-cream), Brown Patched Tabby, Blue patched Tabby and any other color not showing evidence of hybridization with the pointed cats (Siamese, Himalayan, etc).

Body size:
The Van is one of the larger cat breeds. The males can reach 20 lb (9 kg) and the females weigh about half of that. They have massive paws and rippling hard muscle structure which allows them to be very strong jumpers. Vans can easily hit the top of a refrigerator from a cold start on the floor.
Childhood:
They are slow to mature and this process can take 3-5 years. Also, their fetching skills are quite good and they are quick to learn.

Hobby:
The water. They are good swimmers:)

Source:Turkish Van

Tania
01-18-2007, 05:40 PM

You are always finding such cute kitten pics:) And this scotish fold cute kitten its adorable:statisfie (How funny face have the cats after bath:-[ )

Tania
01-18-2007, 05:44 PM
"I'm bowled over!"
Each is cute but the kitten from the bowl.:giggling: I can imagine the owner big eyes when will see how looks the salad for lunch.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-18-2007, 06:27 PM
^^yea someone told me it was a mix of tabby. cuz it mated with someone else..her first set of kittens were beautiful, they dont look like mine.

Tania
01-18-2007, 09:44 PM
^^yea someone told me it was a mix of tabby. cuz it mated with someone else..her first set of kittens were beautiful, they dont look like mine.
They need around 3 years until you will see their lineage but right now they have the features of the turkish van cats. They are beautiful and rare cats. I told you , you are lucky. :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Hobby:
The water. They are good swimmers

I thought all cats hated water? :muddlehea

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-19-2007, 03:42 AM
lol i neva said i hated them. theyre all cute :D

Tania
01-19-2007, 04:01 AM

I thought all cats hated water? :muddlehea
No, they love to swim:) Its a unique breed::) forbidden to export. Its really very hard to get one.More about their history:

The cat known in the United States as the Turkish Van is a rare and ancient breed that developed in central and southwest Asia, which today encompasses the countries of Iran, Iraq, southwest Soviet Union and eastern Turkey. Although the breed has an ancient lineage, the Turkish Van is a relative newcomer to the United States, arriving in 1982. They are considered regional treasures in their homeland, and are not readily available for export to other countries. Even in areas where the breed has been known for centuries, they are still relatively rare.

Coat:
The coat lacks an undercoat and has a very unique cashmere-like texture that makes it water-resistant. This brings us to another interesting feature of this breed - they love water and in their native region they have been termed “the Swimming Cats.”
Health:
The breed is a healthy one and the unique coat does not lend itself to matting, so they require little grooming.

Source

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-19-2007, 04:16 AM
^ Wow. Thats amazing!

Btw, since this thread is quite exclusively on cats, can I edit the title and call it, the "Cats/Kittens Pictures Thread" ?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-19-2007, 04:38 AM
wow...i thought it was a "catfish" :X lol :hiding:

Tania
01-19-2007, 11:30 AM
^ Wow. Thats amazing!

Btw, since this thread is quite exclusively on cats, can I edit the title and call it, the "Cats/Kittens Pictures Thread" ?
I have to ask Kitty which is not here at the moment, but when we made the thread we wanted to be for all pets:) Except the only one dog - Crystal and few pictures posted by bro Starfortress and the parrot of bro Wodroow, right now we are stucked at cats. I hope in time to have more pets.:-[

skhalid
01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
kitty..kitty..kats...ma fave animals!!!!
purr lol

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-19-2007, 11:57 AM
I have to ask Kitty which is not here at the moment, but when we made the thread we wanted to be for all pets:) Except the only one dog - Crystal and few pictures posted by bro Starfortress and the parrot of bro Wodroow, right now we are stucked at cats. I hope in time to have more pets.:-[
^^aahhh makes sense :)

Tania
01-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Cats breed

Part III Breed profile :Oriental
GP Kuan Jin's Nicholas of Lumax champion in 2004

Appearance :
Body: The body of the show Oriental is long, lithe and muscular with sleek tapering lines, long, slim legs, and dainty, oval paws. The head is a long tapering wedge with very large pointed ears and slanted almond-shaped eyes. While Orientals might look like the cat fancy equivalent of today's supermodel, they are not starved to keep their shapely forms, nor are they fragile. Pick one up; they are surprisingly heavy cats.
(i never could believe it, they look really slims:-[ )
Fur: The Oriental shorthair has short, glossy, fine hair. The Oriental longhair has a medium length coat that's fine and silky. The hair lies close to the body so the fur appears shorter than it really is. Because of the longer hair, the Oriental longhair appears to have softer lines and a less extreme body type than the shorthair.
Fur patterns:
more than 300 color and pattern combinations, like: Solid white, chestnut and blue, and tabbies in ebony, blue and red are also favored.
Aramis Maaw

Personality
  • The personality of the Oriental is as distinctive as the multicolored exterior. They are natural entertainers - full of enthusiasm, energy and the belief that the world revolves around them. Extremely people oriented and trusting, they show a deep dependence on their human friends and can become distressed or depressed if left alone too often. They usually bond with one preferred person. Expect them to be at your side, in your lap, and at the door interrogating you about where you've been.:) - its so great to see actually someone is keeping your side:statisfie
  • An Oriental's feelings are easily hurt if you ignore her, but given her full share of affection, Oriental shorthairs will repay you with a lifetime of love, affection and intelligent conversation. Like the Siamese, the Oriental is not for cat-lovers who want their cats seen but not heard. The breed's vocal tone is generally softer and milder than that of the Siamese, but they are never at a loss for words. - very very talkative breed :giggling:
  • They are adept jumpers, too, so a tall cat tree is necessary to keep your Oriental from scaling the bookcase or climbing the drapes.

Intelligence
Curiosity and intelligence combine, providing them a means of finding anything and everything. They have been known to open a drawer, or empty your purse to discover their favorite toy. It might be a pen or a crumpled up piece of paper that they can chase around the kitchen floor, it really doesn’t matter. Give them the attention and affection they so desperately need, and they will do anything to please you. Ignore them, and they will droop with despair. (ohh i really like how sound this, is even better like the marriage). These elegant, svelte cats remain playful, spirited and loyal well beyond their youth.

Grooming
Oriental shorthairs need very little grooming. Their coats are very short and close lying with no noticeable undercoat. Oriental longhairs need a bit more grooming, but not as much as some longhaired breeds. Their hair is medium long with no undercoat, which means tangles and mats don't form easily. Figure on a quick combing once a week.

GP, RW OPERAKATZ RUSALKA - Fifth Best Cat in Premiership

Health
Orientals are generally healthy but since they are closely related to Siamese they share some of the same diseases, notably gingivitis, a liver-destroying disease called amyloidosis, and the heart disease cardiomyopathy. ohh dear :(

Source
Source

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-19-2007, 06:33 PM
^^errmmm, i dont like cats like that :X too skinny :X

Snowflake
01-19-2007, 08:10 PM
^lol, same here.. I could never cuddle one of them :X

Tania
01-19-2007, 08:16 PM
They are very loving cats, talkative, real friends. :) Dispite of their skinny body are quite heavy.
If the first two competitors had genetics faults: one gene made the tail to be short, the other one made the ears to be folded, this time will be two breeds with long tails and ears:)
Have you noticed the long tail and ears, right:?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-19-2007, 08:19 PM
^^yes i have. they r cute i agree 100 %, but they too skinny. but if u look at their innocent faces and that they r loving animals, then i wouldnt mind keepin one :statisfie

Tania
01-19-2007, 08:22 PM
^^yes i have. they r cute i agree 100 %, but they too skinny. but if u look at their innocent faces and that they r loving animals, then i wouldnt mind keepin one :statisfie
Agreed with you completely. When i heard they get depressed if you are not in time at home, tell me what more can we ask from a cat:) They are perfect.
The head its so small with those cute ears.
Even the names are so foreign - like for some celebrities.

snakelegs
01-19-2007, 09:28 PM
long neck!

snakelegs
01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
^ Wow. Thats amazing!

well, my frog just died - does that count? he was a "pacman frog" - he lived in my bathroom for about 6 years.
here's what they look like.

Kittygyal
01-19-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
kitty..kitty..kats...ma fave animals!!!!
purr lol
salam.
u calling me? :-[
Ma'assalama

snakelegs
01-19-2007, 09:42 PM
the cute little orange kitty just killed a pigeon. (he is well fed).
hmmmm.... i know he is just being a cat, but i really like the pigeons too and have been feeding them for the last 2 years. :cry:

Tania
01-20-2007, 06:22 AM
well, my frog just died - does that count? he was a "pacman frog" - he lived in my bathroom for about 6 years.
here's what they look like.
We are very very sorry for your lost:cry: May be he was just old and thats why he died. You should make a pound for the next frog. I think he will enjoy it. Its so easy to make a pound in the yard. I saw in tv - discovery channel and has low costs.
The cat followed his natural instincts. You should not punished him, what happened happened, poor pigeon.:cry: In Australia where lot of cats are hunting the birds, the owners are buying a collar which is making certain noise which allert the bird. The noise itself its very annoying for the cat - they get little stressed so i don't know if its a good idea to buy one. The problem was the pigeon had trust in the place, because he got used to have food there, he could not think is any danger around. I think you should find another spot where to leave food for them - much higher. May be another window from upstairs:?

Tania
01-20-2007, 06:27 AM
long neck!
Thats why are so elegant:) A beautiful svelte body completed with a small head with cute ears. They are called supermodels in the catdom.

snakelegs
01-20-2007, 07:20 AM
yeah, i know he was just doing his "cat thing". i just wish he'd do it in somebody else's neighbourhood!
i don't think collars are a good idea - think there would be a danger of it getting snagged or caught in something.
these frogs are from argentina. basically, they are eating machines - which is how they got the common name. they spend most of their time doing absolutely nothing, so they don't need big cages.

Tania
01-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Cats breed

Part IV Breed profile :Abyssinian
NW ZEHNDER'S COOL RUNNING- Third best of breed Gc 2005

Appearance :
Body: The Abyssinian is a lithe, graceful and regal breed with a modified wedge-shaped head, large, alert, pointed ears, and large, expressive, almond-shaped eyes. A ring of dark color on the eyelids accentuates the eyes, making the cat appear to be wearing black eyeliner. (:statisfie lucky cat) The tabby “M” decorates the forehead.

Fur: Another trait that sets the Abyssinian apart is the ticked or agouti coat pattern, characterized by alternating bands of color on the hair shafts. Each individual hair is decorated with light-colored bands contrasted with dark-colored bands. The lighter or ground color lies closest to the skin, and the hair shaft ends with a dark tip. This gives the coat a distinctive stippled appearance. The coat is medium in length, long enough to accommodate two or three bands of ticking.
Fur patterns:
  • Four colors are commonly recognized: ruddy, red, blue and fawn. Ruddy is by far the most common and striking color, characterized by a burnt-sienna brown with shades of darker brown or black ticking contrasted with an orange-brown undercoat.
  • Silver is also recognized in some cat associations but this color is controversial. While some fanciers believe that the gene responsible for the silver effect will cause no problems, others feel it may ruin the ruddy coloration. In Europe, however, silver and many other colors are accepted.

NW ANQET AYUTTHAYA - Best of Breed 2005

Personality
  • Abys are loving and loyal, and are most happy when involved in every aspect of your life. The Aby becomes your friend, your confidant and your devoted companion who loves you unconditionally. She is there to comfort you when you're feeling down and there to share your joy when you're happy. And she is certainly there to share your food at dinnertime. :giggling: - loves always go thourgh stomach :giggling: All that activity burns a lot of calories.

• Abyssinians aren't for folks who want decorative cats that sit around looking lovely, or for those who crave a contented lap cat. Courageous, curious and high-spirited, Abys give new meaning to the word “active.” Abyssinians perform antics for your amusement, earning them a reputation as the clowns of the cat kingdom. - they are not like cat dolls:)
  • They perch on shoulders, crawl under covers and sit beside you purring loudly before dashing off to make flying leaps at the tallest bookcases. They are natural athletes, and no closed room or cupboard is safe from their agile paws and inquiring minds.

Intelligence
As described in the Abyssinian Breeders International "Kitten Buyer's Guide" by Carolyn Osier, "Abyssinians must be one of the most intelligent animals ever created."

Grooming
The Abyssinian's coat is easy to care for; a good brushing once or twice a week to remove dead hair and a claw clipping every three to four weeks will keep your ruddy buddy looking great.

Health
Abyssinians are generally healthy but are prone to gingivitis. If not treated, the more serious periodontitis can develop, causing tissue, bone and tooth loss. Untreated, dental disease can undermine the cat's overall health. With routine tooth brushing, regular checkups, and periodic professional teeth cleaning, the problem can be minimized. Amyloidosis, a disease thought to be hereditary that affects the kidneys, and PK deficiency, which causes anemia, have been found in some Aby lines. ohh dear :(
NW ABY-SILLS SAINT VINCENT - Second Best of Breed 2005

Source
Source

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-20-2007, 03:54 PM
^^aw those r def cute tania :)

Snowflake
01-20-2007, 05:09 PM
^jhooti! lol.... they're okayish, not as cute as tabby cats :-\

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-20-2007, 05:31 PM
^^LOL! callin me a liar :X
daadi, buri baat ;D
no they r. but i agree the others r better :D

Tania
01-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Are two breeds with long tails and ears. Have you noticed that, right:? For the last week in january will have two fluffy breeds with long hair (fur balls :giggling:)
From tomorrow we can vote for the next week breeds(Oriental versus Abyssinian). Please be ready and also, those who have not voted yet for this week , vote now, until tomorrow at 8.34 pm.:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-21-2007, 02:30 AM

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-21-2007, 02:50 AM
^^Awww cuteeee loool. Why do u keep posting cute pictures :X ;D
He looks innocent, but little do we know hes stirring up a plan to eat it :X
my cat keeps meowing for a pet on the head lool.

snakelegs
01-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Have you noticed the long tail and ears, right:?
yes, i have! both are pretty...this one is going to be hard choice.

Tania
01-21-2007, 05:21 AM
yes, i have! both are pretty...this one is going to be hard choice.
The contest organizers ( Snowy alias Kittygyal and bro Starfortress) decided to change the rules of the competition. In the first round of each month we will go on different genes which made the cats to look very different. In the 2th and 3th round of each month will go for very tight breeds:)

Tania
01-21-2007, 05:23 AM
^^Awww cuteeee loool. Why do u keep posting cute pictures :X ;D
He looks innocent, but little do we know hes stirring up a plan to eat it :X
my cat keeps meowing for a pet on the head lool.
If we look how gentle she scratch the head of the duck we can establish she is not interested right now to eat it. Later, when will have more meat, the things will be different. But the duck too knows how to bite. :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
^HAHA! ur right looool. The ducky will be swift ;D

Hisbul_Aziz
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm sad to say that I'm suffering form Ailurophobia

Kittygyal
01-21-2007, 07:48 PM
SALMUALIKUM.
LONG TIME NOT BEEN IN THIS THREAD AM SOWIEE PEOPLE, SO WHAT DO WE DO HERE BECAUSE THERE'S A VAST CHANGING DONE :confused:
Ma'assalama

Tania
01-21-2007, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hisbul_Aziz
I'm sad to say that I'm suffering form Ailurophobia
Could you tell me what it is:?

Tania
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
SALMUALIKUM.
LONG TIME NOT BEEN IN THIS THREAD AM SOWIEE PEOPLE, SO WHAT DO WE DO HERE BECAUSE THERE'S A VAST CHANGING DONE :confused:
Ma'assalama
I am waiting to be 8.34pm. Right now its almost 10pm, and this poll is still opened :rollseyes This programme clock is not good at all.:-[

starfortress
01-21-2007, 07:52 PM
SALMUALIKUM.
Ma'assalama
Yea..me too:p

Kittygyal
01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I am waiting to be 8.34pm. Right now its almost 10pm, and this poll is still opened :rollseyes This programme clock is not good at all.:-[
greetings.
Tania i don't understand what ya mean :-[
what ya on about time? am saying that am sowiee i ahven't been in this tread long time now am back to this thread but like "sometimes" because i hardly come on NET/COMP anywho what do we do vote for one kitty?

Take care

starfortress
01-21-2007, 07:56 PM
8 minutes left,according Malaysia's time

Kittygyal
01-21-2007, 07:59 PM
salam.
okay can we like stay on topic inshallah :D
ma'assalama

Tania
01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
salam.
okay can we like stay on topic inshallah :D
ma'assalama
Right. Could you vote for one kitty until the poll will get closed:statisfie and will have the first weekly winner:statisfie .The result of one week work :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.