/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snowy's cats, kittens and other animals thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Tania
02-09-2007, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
If u know the cat Garfield from the show Garfield and friends. He acted like he owned the house lol. Cool cartoon :D
Ohh i never saw Garfield cartoons but i know him - bro Strafortress said he is looking more like the scotish fold breed. The cats with attitude are cool

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-09-2007, 05:26 AM
:sl:

Oh man. How can I forget Garfield! Garfield is just awesome.

Sorry, Could'nt resist :X

Tania
02-09-2007, 05:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
cool interesting tania...do you think it implies to all animal even birds?? or fish?
I will leave bro Fi to answer at this. I can't say - but it could be limited only at dogs and cats.

Tania
02-09-2007, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

Oh man. How can I forget Garfield! Garfield is just awesome.
Ohh, he is really cute how prepair to wake up..must wake up...reminds of us in the morning when the alarm clock is ringing :giggling:
But its a little bit sleepy cat:hiding:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ozzie
02-09-2007, 10:38 AM
lol, garfields cool. dont mess with garfield lol

i kinda like all cats...the one in the pic above is probably the nicest ones

- Qatada -
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
cool interesting tania...do you think it implies to all animal even birds?? or fish?

:salamext:

I think its for cats and dogs:

Prohibition on selling dogs

Ruling on selling cats

Rabiyal
02-09-2007, 01:11 PM
JazakulKhair Brother Sabi
Really appreciate the links.

Based on that do you think it's okay to breed and sell birds and fishes and make a living? cuz I think besides cats these are the only two pets that I think are clean and are okay to have in the house?!?!

Tania
02-09-2007, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ozzie
lol, garfields cool. dont mess with garfield lol

i kinda like all cats...the one in the pic above is probably the nicest ones
Are Tayyaba kittens - all 3 accepted to help our thread :)
Other cats and kittens which will "perform" in thread are Grey (bro Starfortress cat) and other 4 :) (if the sis will be agreed)Here they are thoughtful and shy because to wear a collar its a very taugh decision. Not each cat wish to have one, but they can laugh too...this picture will be posted later

arinum
02-09-2007, 05:20 PM
o yes i voted..i voted no collar.is that what 'none' meant? lol..sorry if that's not what it meant. i would like my cats to not have collars though :)

- Qatada -
02-09-2007, 05:22 PM
JazakulKhair Brother Sabi
Really appreciate the links.

Based on that do you think it's okay to breed and sell birds and fishes and make a living? cuz I think besides cats these are the only two pets that I think are clean and are okay to have in the house?!?!

Dealing in birds

Question:
My younger brother deals in birds – is this permissible or not?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible to sell birds because that comes under the general heading of the permissible nature of buying and selling.

From Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 13/34

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=22443&ln=eng&txt=

I'm not sure about fish sorry.

arinum
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
My previous college had many cats..they helped me get through each day with a smile. I watched many being born, who became mothers, some died, got hurt. The college sent pest control after them one day. Still enrages and saddens me to this day, especially because they took newly born kittens and left the mother (they were her first kittens), and because they sent them to a place known to kill the inhabitants due to lack of space. :cry:

Tania
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Cats breed

Part VII Breed profile :Persian - Bicolor Division

Origin :

• The ancestors of the modern Persian were first introduced by Roman and Phoenician caravans from the province of Khorazan in Persia (now Iran) to Europe. Later caravans traveling from Persia and Turkey reintroduced the longhaired cats to Europe in the mid to late 1500s. These cats would later become the Angora and Persian breeds
  • Over the years, American breeders have bred for a more extreme facial type, longer fur, shorter ears, and a boxy design. More than 100 years of selected breeding evolved the Persian into the breed we know today.

Appearance :
Body:
The Persian's most celebrated feature is her full, plush, long fur. Thick, glossy, and full of life, it stands off from the body, giving the Persian the impression of roundness and size. It also comes in virtually every possible color and pattern.

• Under all that fur there's a cat, however. Solid, heavily boned, broad through the chest, low on the legs, the Persian is, in fact, built like a small furry brick house. The ideal Persian is a substantial cat with an overall impression of roundness, a body style known as cobby.
  • There are two distinct facial types - the extreme and the traditional. In both types, the Persian has small, rounded ears set low on the head, wide, round eyes, full cheeks and a full well-developed chin. What sets the two types apart is the fact that the extreme has a more snub-nosed look. The face is very flat and the nose is short and snub with a “break” centered between the eyes. The nose is nearly as high as the eyes. - in extreme face.
  • The traditional Persian's face is not as flattened. The nose is lower on the face and has only a slight break. The up-curving mouth helps give the sweet expression prized by Persian fanciers. Although the extreme is the type you'll see winning ribbons at shows, the traditional has many fans.

Coat: long hair

Coat patterns - for Bicolor Division:
  • Calico & Bi-Color Division: consists of calicos, bi-colors, smoke and whites and tabby and whites.
  • Calicos have white coats splashed with vivid patches of red and black, while the dilute calico is patched with blue and cream. The chocolate and lilac calicos have white coats splashed with vivid patches of chocolate and red or lilac and cream respectively. A van pattern is a white cat with color confined to the head and extremities. A maximum of two spots of color are allowed on the body.
  • Bi-colors (black, blue, red, cream, chocolate or lilac with white) commonly exhibit white on the feet, legs, undersides, chest and muzzle. All established colors and patterns of tabbies with white and smokes with white are shown in this division. All have brilliant copper eyes except for the silver tabby with white which also may have green or hazel

Personality
Persians are known as the couch potatoes :giggling: of the cat world. They are perfect companions if you like trusting, gentle, sweet-tempered cats that would rather lounge by your side than sprint around the room. Don't count on using your Persian as a furry paperweight, however. They enjoy short periods of play between long periods of regal resting. - i like how it sounds:thumbs_up

Intelligence
Persians often have soothing influences on their human companions.

Grooming
  • Those exquisitely coiffed locks of show Persians are produced by long hours of grooming. If you neglect a Persian's grooming, you'll end up with a tangled, matted, miserable cat that needs to be professionally shaved to remove the tight, painful mats. Not only is a Persian's fur longer than any other breed's (up to 8 inches in length), they also have a long, full undercoat. The undercoat, made up of fine down and awn hairs, is almost as long as the outercoat, made up of stiff, protective guard hairs. This gives the Persian her plush look, but that baby-soft down hair mats easily.
  • A 10- to 15-minute grooming session each day and a thorough one-hour grooming session once a week (thats lot of work to do :eek: )is recommended. Additional grooming may be necessary during the shedding months - spring when they shed their longer, heavier winter coats, and fall when they shed their summer coats.
  • Bathing is also often needed to remove oil buildup. Some breeders recommend a bath every two weeks, although some Persians can go longer. Daily face washing is necessary if tear staining is a problem, which it often is.

Health
Reported health concerns include breathing difficulties, eye tearing, malocclusions, and birthing difficulties due to the head size and the foreshortened face. Polycystic kidney disease (PKD), a disease that can cause kidney failure, is also known to exist in some Persian lines. Ask the breeder if the cats have been screened for PKD before agreeing to buy.

Source
Source

Tania
02-09-2007, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arinum
...due to lack of space. :cry:
You could save Shiru and his friend () :? They are taken the kittens because the kittens can be re-homed much quickly than the adult cats. I am sure they didn't kill them.

Tania
02-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Persian Bicolor kittens
Black and white:

Cream and white:

Al_Imaan
02-09-2007, 07:05 PM
^^aww...pwetty kitty's

Kittygyal
02-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Salamualikum.
wow alot of have been gone in here whilst i was not in this thread, alhamdulillah just seen some of the previous posts && there wonderful just wana hold them in my hands :). Inshallah if anyone has any questions regarding on cats/kittys or any kinda animals please do ask inshallah && maybe my self && sis Tania can answer them inshallah :). I can't everytime come in this thread am very sowiee please do forgive me exspecially sis Tania i come on the NET using my cell so please do forgive me. i Do miss this thread but i can't do anything :cry: i will try my best to come here more often but am sowiee if i can't am really sowiee && sis Tania am sowiee for not downlaoding my cats/kittys pics inshallah give me more time sis plz
Ma'assalama

arinum
02-09-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
You could save Shiru and his friend () :? They are taken the kittens because the kittens can be re-homed much quickly than the adult cats. I am sure they didn't kill them.
erm..i do doubt they could have helped kittens that were just a few weeks old, especially with the mother gone.i hope so though.the mother was quite hysterical after the incident, and we all pampered her so much more after that happened. thanks for the reassurance :)

Tania
02-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Cats breed

Part VIII Breed profile :Norwegian Forest- Bicolor Division

Origin :
  • Despite its large size and feral appearance, the Wegie is not a descendant or a hybrid of any wild cat species. Called the Norsk Skogkatt (Norwegian forest cat) in Norway, Wegies probably arrived in northern Europe hundreds of years ago, descendants of domestic cats introduced to Europe by the Romans. Mentions of large, longhaired cats exist in Norse mythology. Since the Norse myths were passed down by oral tradition for hundreds of years before being recorded in the Edda Poems sometime between 800 A.D. and 1100 A.D., it's clear that longhaired domestic cats have existed in Norway for a very long time.
  • The climate of Northern Norway proved a harsh test for these cats. Only the largest and most hardy survived, and over the centuries the cats developed long, water resistant coats, hardy constitutions, quick wits and well-honed instincts.

Appearance :
Body:
  • Although the Wegie does bear some resemblance to the Maine coon, they are separate breeds. Maine coons are larger than Norwegians (adult male MCs weigh 13 to 20 pounds while adult male Wegies weigh 10 to 16 pounds), and the breeds' body and head types are distinctly different.
    The Wegie is a powerful cat with long, strong back legs and a solidly muscled, well-balanced, moderately long body with a broad chest and substantial bone structure. The head shape resembles an equilateral triangle. The large, expressive eyes positively glow with intelligence and personality; the Wegie's sweet expression is particularly prized by Wegie lovers. Medium large, rounded ears follow the line of the triangle from chin tip to base of ear.
  • The feature that really sets the Wegie apart from other breeds, however, is its magnificent fur. The heavy, double coat and regal mane make the Wegie appear larger than it actually is. The coat's naturally oily, water-resistant guard hairs protect the insulating downy undercoat. Lavish furnishings and tufts decorate the ears, and heavily tufted paws protect the feet from ice and snow. Wegies are slow to develop, reaching full size and weight at about five years.

Coat: long hair

Coat patterns - for Bicolor Division:
  • CALICO: white with unbrindled patches of black and red.
  • DILUTE CALICO: white with unbrindled patches of blue and cream.
  • BI-COLOR: black and white, blue and white, red and white, or cream and white.
  • VAN CALICO: white cat with unbrindled patches of black and red confined to the extremities; head, tail, and legs. One or two small colored patches on body allowable.
  • VAN DILUTE CALICO: white cat with unbrindled patches of blue and cream confined to the extremities; head, tail, and legs. One or two small colored patches on body allowable.

Personality
Don't be fooled by the breed's impressive muscles and rugged exterior. Despite their wild years in Norwegian forests - or perhaps because of it - Wegies would rather cuddle than carouse. Sweet, friendly and family-oriented, they form close bonds of affection with their human companions. Nothing fazes them much, either.
Wegies are active and playful and retain their fun-loving spirit well into adulthood. Natural athletes, Wegies love to investigate counters, the tops of bookcases, and the loftiest peaks of their cat trees. They make very good indoor-only pets as long as they are provided with enough room, climbing equipment, and lots of love and attention.

Intelligence
They take new people and situations in stride and adapt to most situations with philosophical ease. Not vocal cats, Wegies prefer to get their thoughts across through body language. They will speak up only if something is terribly wrong, like an empty food bowl. They do, however, have loud rumbling purrs you can hear across the room. They are not lap cats, preferring to perch beside their favorite humans rather than on them. Since the average Wegie is a hefty cat, this is not such a bad thing.:rolleyes: at least the cat is thinking at owners health too

Grooming
The coat length varies depending upon the season. In spring, the Wegie sheds its longer, heavier winter coat, and in fall the cat sheds its lighter, shorter summer coat. This molt is so apparent that a summer Wegie almost looks like a completely different cat, with only the tail plume and ear and toe tufts to remind you of the winter Wegie. During the molts, thorough and daily combing with a good quality steel comb is necessary to prevent matting and limit the amount of cat hair covering everything you own. During the rest of the year, however, the Wegie requires minimal grooming. A once a week combing is usually enough to prevent mats.

Health
unknown

Source
Source

Kittygyal
02-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Greetings sis Tania :)
woow them are very nice cats aww, i really like cats/kittys personalities very easy to find out whats there personalities. Health is very important for actually for EVERY animal.
Take care

Rabiyal
02-11-2007, 05:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Dealing in birds

Question:
My younger brother deals in birds – is this permissible or not?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible to sell birds because that comes under the general heading of the permissible nature of buying and selling.

From Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 13/34

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=22443&ln=eng&txt=

I'm not sure about fish sorry.

JazakAllah khair really appreciate it

Tania
02-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Fashion days 8 - 11 february 2007
Quiz results

Based on the poll results, the indoors cats are unlikely to get a collar (4 votes). In order to protect their life and health, the outdoor cats could get a safety or a flea collar.
Also, the fancy and designer collars were appreciated :)

Tania
02-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Contest notification
The persian breed is classified in divisions after the coat colour. Based on this the norwegian forest cat is presented with the same colour as the persians to make the comparison easier. :-[ (The norwegian forest cat is not classified in divisions)
Bicolor division
Brown tabby and white
Persian:

Norwegian forest cat:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Norwegian forest cat looks cute...:D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-11-2007, 07:45 PM

Poll Updated. Poll will remain open between 11th Feb - 15th Feb 07.

Al_Imaan
02-11-2007, 07:49 PM
that persian cat is adorable...

The Ruler
02-11-2007, 07:57 PM

i chose the second one cause it has forest in its name

:w:

jzcasejz
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
I Chose Da First One..lol...Looks So Innocent...:p

The Ruler
02-11-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
I Chose Da First One..lol...Looks So Innocent...:p
and sad...and depressed...

and sorta ugly...i didnt say that :X

Al_Imaan
02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
its not sad....its cute...and innocent...and adorable....its not ugly...:(

snakelegs
02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
i chose the norwegian because it doesn't have a pushed in face and tiny ears.

jzcasejz
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM
LOL..Ugly? How Can You Call Dat Poor Lil Innocent Cat Ugly...:O

The Cat's Prolly Crying Now...:p

Al_Imaan
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
i'd call the norwegian pretty...but the persian cat is cute...

The Ruler
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i chose the norwegian because it doesn't have a pushed in face and tiny ears.
yup...now that is what i meant when i said ugly...you see...i just didnt have the right words

Al_Imaan
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
lol....its cute...^^and that's its way of being unique...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2007, 08:10 PM
^^Lol well the Persian cat does look adorable, in a funny way though ;D
I like both, but I chose the Norwegian Forest cat :D

The Ruler
02-11-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
lol....its cute...^^and that's its way of being unique...
hmm...so emos are unique in their own way :hmm:...didnt know that :D

Tania
02-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Both cats are fluffy :)

Khayal
02-12-2007, 06:02 AM
my vote goes to

Soooo innocent!!!

Tania
02-12-2007, 12:27 PM
The truth about cat toys
Part I: 15 - 18 february 2007

Facts
Boredom, loneliness, and a lack of challenge can be extremely stressful to cats. The feline by nature is inquisitive, social, and playful, and when their lives become so isolated, without adventures to observe or participate in, and without any trouble to get into or new things in their environment to explore, they can get depressed, and perhaps even feel no sense of purpose to their lives. This of course, can lead them to becoming lethargic and more susceptible to illness.

Options
So, what are the options available for providing more stimulation for your own indoor cat?? The two key words that most feline behaviorists agree upon seem to be: "variety" and "randomness". Remember that indoor only cats left alone all day don't get to hear their humans voices, observe their humans interacting, witness visitors, hear appliances, phones, etc., or even receive those pats on the head and cuddles.
  • Quite often a relatively simple solution is to - get another cat!! Taking care of 2 felines is really not much more work than taking care of one, and they can definitely keep each other company when their humans are away by wrestling, chasing each other, grooming each other, talking to each other, sleeping together, etc.
  • Another solution is - TOYS!! A variety of toys, given sporadically, then hidden for awhile so they don't lose their novelty is a MUST for indoor cats.

What kind of toys
This will be answered in the next posts :)
Will be continued

Source

Tania
02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
The truth about cat toys

Clasification
Every cat is different of course, and what works for one may not work for another - sometimes even in a multiple cat household! But, by careful observation, the shops are selling now two different kind of toys: play alone toys and play togheter toys.

Play together toys
Laser mouse toy

Properties:
*Elusive laser toy drives cats wild
* Highest quality - all brass construction
* Satisfies your cat's stalking instinct

This tantalizing prey just can't be caught! Point it across the room, make it scale walls, or jump from one surface to another. Laser Mouse has a small laser-beam aperture at the front end. When shined upon surfaces, it produces a small red laser light. What makes it so fascinating to cats is the erratic movement (which you control) and the fact that your kitty can never quite catch this prey.

Ba-da beam laser toy

Properties
*rotating laser
Simply the most amazing, automatic, mesmerizing cat toy ever! Just put it on the floor, open the lid to aim at the floor or wall, look out. Cats simply never tire of BadaBeam’s automatically moving and stopping laser. BadaBeam genuinely engages cats for hours on end. Fresh, exciting, and bold, BadaBeam reinvents the entire cat toy category.

Danger : DO NOT shine directly into your cat's eyes.

Will be continued

Source
Source

Tania
02-13-2007, 05:36 PM
The truth about cat toys

Play together toys
Remote control toys

Properties:
*mimics the personality and movements of your cat's favorite prey, the mouse
*You control the mouse's movement - left, right, forward, or backward
* Remote controlled mouse excites your cat's prey and hunting instincts
* Your cat will pounce on this rechargeable cat toy

Source

starfortress
02-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Both breeds are cute:thumbs_up ,but the cutest is only in my heart.

My cats never play any type of cat toys:embarrass

Danger : DO NOT shine directly into your cat's eyes.
also human eyes.

Tania
02-13-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
Both breeds are cute:thumbs_up ,but the cutest is only in my heart.

My cats never play any type of cat toys:embarrass
We know Grey which occupied your heart :) and we will have a post about how to make home toys for cats

snakelegs
02-13-2007, 09:06 PM
thanks for info about toys - i had no idea cat toys had gone hi tech!
my question is about the laser toys. how dangerous are they - i mean if you move it fast and your cat moves fast, it could strike his eyes - would it do harm? (i am very clumsy).

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-13-2007, 11:26 PM
lol ive already tried the laser thing with my cats ;D
They look so funny running after it ;D
But I have two problems rite now
1. I can't find my laser pen :X
2. My camera is being stupid :raging:
which means i have no pics :( lol

Tiger
02-14-2007, 09:18 AM

I think Norwegian Forest Cat this one is the best one!!!

:D :rant: :okay: :coolalien :p

Tania
02-14-2007, 04:35 PM
The truth about cat toys

Play together toys
Catnip toys

Kitten Mitten

Properties:
*Catnip-scented glove
* Fun play...for you and your cat

One of the first rules in training kittens is "do not teach them that hands are toys." The Kitten Mitten, with its 9 1/2 inch fingers is a perfect compromise for those people (usually men):rolleyes: who want to be personally involved in playing with cats.
Dazzle your cat with the Kitten Mitten. She will be entranced by your 9-1/2" fingers and love your jingling, catnip-filled pom-pom fingertips. 100% cotton canvas gloves feature plastic-reinforced fingers. Choose the "Original" Kitten Mitten in assorted colors, or for an extra wild time, the "Wildlife Collection" Kitten Mitten in fleece prints. Please specify Leopard or Tiger. Available in right-hand style only.

Source

Bubble Kitty

Properties:
*Send your cat on a bubble chase
* Non-toxic catnip infused bubbles safe for cats
* Durable plastic bubble dispenser requires NO batteries

Squeeze the trigger to launch dozens of catnip-scented bubbles into the air, and see how high your cat can jump. Fun bubble maker requires no batteries. Refill it again and again with cat-safe, non-staining, catnip-scented solution.

Source

Glow Pom Wand Cat Toy

Properties:
*pounching skills
Watch your cats come alive. This toy is great as it glows and intrigues cats when the lights go out. Catnip scent is an added bonus. The wand is 12" long and has a 2" Glow Pom attached by an 18" bungee cord.

Source

Mawaddah
02-14-2007, 05:57 PM

WOW :eek: So many different toys for cats!! sometimes I buy those stuffed mouse toys for my cats but they always rip them up to pieces ;D;D

And I loooooooove that Norwegian cat Masha'allah. I want one!!

My cats are soooooo lazy most of the times though :rollseyes: I hang around them with a camera in the hope of catching them doing something interesting for once, but it seems that the only thing they are interested in doing is sleeping most of the time :uhwhat:

Hanabishi and Taishan sleeping in their Favorite Chair+scratch post :D

- Qatada -
02-14-2007, 06:05 PM
:wasalamex

We tried the catnip and masha'Allaah they love it.

If you tickle them in the tummy they curl around your hand and kick it with their feet lol subhan Allaah its well cute.. but as they get older they become aggressive sometimes and their teeth get sharper so its better not to do that when their older.

Mawaddah
02-14-2007, 06:11 PM

If you tickle them in the tummy they curl around your hand and kick it with their feet lol subhan Allaah its well cute.. but as they get older they become aggressive sometimes and their teeth get sharper so its better not to do that when their older.
I used to do that alot to my kitties when they were younger and they used to love to kick and nibble on my fingers.

But these days they make my hands bleed and they dont want to let go! :cry:

amirah_87
02-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Aaww bwess!!! Your cats sleepin in your rockin chair hunh granny!?! :lol:

MashaAllah though, they're cute!!

Tania
02-14-2007, 07:13 PM

The kitten mitten type of toys with the long fingers :? Sunday will try to establish the best toys - that would be the truth about interactive toys - which one can be used safe without any harm for cat or owner, and which one is not good.

Tania
02-14-2007, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
My cats are soooooo lazy most of the times though :rollseyes: I hang around them with a camera in the hope of catching them doing something interesting for once, but it seems that the only thing they are interested in doing is sleeping most of the time :uhwhat:

Hanabishi and Taishan sleeping in their Favorite Chair+scratch post :D
When the cats are lazy, you must try the interactive games - play together with them .
The chair has two owners and i like how he put his head on his "feline" pillow .Are so cute :)

Mawaddah
02-14-2007, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

Aaww bwess!!! Your cats sleepin in your rockin chair hunh granny!?! :lol:

MashaAllah though, they're cute!!
Who is the granny here let me ask?

:rollseyes

Mawaddah
02-14-2007, 07:59 PM
When the cats are lazy, you must try the interactive games - play together with them .
The chair has two owners and i like how he put his head on his "feline" pillow .Are so cute :)
I play with them and romp with them but then they just like to munch on my fingers so I give up with them most of the times :cry: :cry:

But I still love them to death of course :D

Tania
02-15-2007, 03:14 PM
The first winner for the february month is
THE NORWEGIAN FOREST BREED WITH BICOLOR PATTERN OF COAT
:bravo:

Re.TiReD
02-15-2007, 03:17 PM
I dint vote but I Woulda chosen that one too :okay:

Tania
02-15-2007, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
I dint vote but I Woulda chosen that one too :okay:
Please vote and i will change the picture :)

Kittygyal
02-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Greetings/ Alikum/ Salamualikum.

mashallah i love them ALL!! :D

Ma'assalama

Tania
02-15-2007, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Greetings/ Alikum/ Salamualikum.

mashallah i love them ALL!! :D

Ma'assalama
Have you voted in the poll :?

Kittygyal
02-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Greetings Tania :)

NO i haven't i have NEVER voted apart from once when i had to for sis Taybah :X but its too too too hard for me to vote there both beautiful imsad

Take care hun X

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-15-2007, 05:04 PM

Poll Updated - Will remain open from 15 - 18th Feb.

Al_Imaan
02-15-2007, 05:09 PM
laser toys...:shade:

Khayal
02-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Voted!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Lol, my kitten looks evil in there ;D
I think Tania loves the pics too much:embarrass :statisfie

Tania
02-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Lol, my kitten looks evil in there ;D
I think Tania loves the pics too much:embarrass :statisfie
How can you say evil :offended: He is just happy because will get a new toy when the vote will be closed. This is a happy kitten :statisfie (such a topic always cheers up the cats :-[

starfortress
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM

Crocodiles.

An Aligator.

Vote for the cutest animal lol just joking:p

Kittygyal
02-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Crocodiles.

An Aligator.

Vote for the cutest animal lol just joking:p

salamualikum.
amshallah very ncie indeed
mA'ASSALAMA

Tania
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Both of them are cute and a little bit over weight. Toys that what they need and more exercises. :D

Kittygyal
02-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Greetings.
^ lol sis Tana, maybe there expecting soon :X :D

Take care

Skillganon
02-15-2007, 09:40 PM

Ma Haza?

Kittygyal
02-15-2007, 09:45 PM
salamualikum.
awww how sweet skilly :D
Ma'assalama

Skillganon
02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Ma Haza?
Haaza Kitun

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Aww hehe cute kitten :D
i wana squeeze it tight :p lol
my kitten was about to clean himself Tania ;D
while i was trying to take the pic. so it came out dat way :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-16-2007, 12:33 AM

Something tells me that if this kitten:

Was put next to this:

That that's the end of that kitty.

Al_Imaan
02-16-2007, 12:36 AM
^^aww poor kitty....

England
02-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Was put next to this:

Don't tell kittygyal that :eek:

Al_Imaan
02-16-2007, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Haaza Kitun
^^lol...he answered his own question...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-16-2007, 12:42 AM

Was put next to this:

:lol:

Yes dont tell kittygyal ;D

Tania
02-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Until the croc will get up to run and catch her, our little fur ball will be gone. The cats run much faster than a croc.:D

Skillganon wanted to feed to crocs the little kitten :? - like a toy :offended:

snakelegs
02-16-2007, 03:55 AM
i voted for the laser toy - if the cats don't like it, i probably will!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-16-2007, 04:43 AM
^^:lol: Me too! My cats like following laser wit the laser pen. Im pretty sure theyll play wit it :D

Tania
02-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Cats breed

Part IX Breed profile :Bombay - the panther cat :)

Origin :
  • In the 1950s, while she was breeding sable Burmese and the black American shorthairs, Nikki Horner envisioned a Burmese with a sleek black coat and snapping copper eyes – sort of a pint-sized panther. Because she imagined it would look like the black leopard of India, she named her brainchild after the city of Bombay.
  • . Despite opposition from Burmese breeders – they were not excited about Horner coloring outside their bloodlines – in 1970 the Cat Fanciers' Association accepted the Bombay for registration and in 1976 granted championship status.

Appearance :
Body:
  1. The Bombay is known as the cat with the patent leather coat and new penny eyes. The ideal contemporary Bombay is medium-sized with substantial bone structure and good muscular development, a cat that feels surprisingly heavy for its size.
  2. The head is pleasingly rounded with no sharp angles, and the face is full with considerable breadth between the eyes.
  3. The muzzle is broad and moderately rounded.
  4. The eyes are rounded and are set far apart. Eye color ranges from gold to copper.
  5. The medium-sized ears are tilted slightly forward and set well apart.
  6. The tail is straight and medium in length.

Coat:
The coat, one of the breed's nicest features, is fine and close-lying with a patent leather sheen. The short satiny fur feels like warm velvet to the touch.

Coat patterns:
Only one color and pattern is accepted – solid black – although most breeding programs produce a certain number of sable-colored cats which can be shown in TICA, where they are considered Burmese.

Personality
  • Bombays are velcro kitties, sticking to your side as if attached. They crave constant attention, and they'll follow you anywhere to get it. People-oriented and extremely affectionate, Bombays tend to love the entire family rather than bond with only one person. Fanciers say they are particularly good with children.
  • When motivated by empty food dishes or momentary neglect, however, they will speak their minds. Bombays don't do well if left alone for long periods; consider getting another cat to provide company for your Bombay if you're gone all day.

Intelligence
Bombays have inherited traits from both their parent breeds. Like Burmese, Bombays are playful and intelligent.

Grooming
Bombays need little grooming; their short, glossy coats are easy to maintain. Breeders recommend using a rubber brush to remove loose hair, particularly during the fall and spring shedding seasons. In the winter their coats get heavier in texture and in the spring their coats thin out. An occasional bath is also a good way to remove dead hairs, if your Bombay will cooperate.

Health
Bombays are generally healthy cats. However, because they are so closely related to the Burmese, the Bombay can have some of the same health issues. These can include runny eyes, asymmetrical jaws, and sinus and breathing problems. Reportedly, traditional Bombays have fewer of these problems because their faces are not as extremely flattened. Getting a written health guarantee is a wise practice when purchasing any pedigreed cat.

Source
Source

starfortress
02-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Salem has crossed in my mind:D for that blackie cat.

Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Greetings/Salamualikum.
now now Al-Madinah, Taybah, England hey dudes && dudette ''don't tell kittygyal that'' well you know what am not your lots friend now didn't X-pect that from me american dudette but but Al-Madinah && England snowy is going to come hunting down for you two, now am you guys kart! IF anyone kills that kitty belive me you there will be sign of Kittygyal getting her boi+NEPHEW who goes to GYM big muscles yh!! so yh :offended:
Ma'assalama/take care

Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 08:09 PM
salamualikum.
do you all know 'black' cats have jinn in them? is that true my nephew says it all ze time to me :offended:
Ma'assalama

starfortress
02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
salamualikum.
do you all know 'black' cats have jinn in them? is that true my nephew says it all ze time to me :offended:
Ma'assalama

There was Malay folklore about black cat,when a black cat crossed a dead body 3 times then the body will wake up.In modern Islamic Malay culture, the belief in that is no longer valid, i don't believe it at all,and it's shirk.

*Reg-Black cat has been heavily associated with witch or black magic by pop culture.But i heard one of the djin capability is to materializing or turn itself to be an Animals,especially Dog,Donkey,Horse,Snake and other animals.

Black Cat Myth

*Sorry i have no source for that.:p

Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 08:46 PM
There was Malay folklore about black cat,when a black cat crossed a dead body 3 times then the body will wake up.In modern Islamic Malay culture, the belief in that is no longer valid, i don't believe it at all,and it's shirk.

*Reg-Black cat has been heavily associated with witch or black magic by pop culture.But i heard one of the djin capability is to materializing or turn itself to be an Animals,especially Dog,Donkey,Horse,Snake and other animals.

Black Cat Myth

*Sorry i have no source for that.:p
salamualikum.
hmpftt! don't belive none of that dude, i don't care if you do find me a source/link but i will NEVER belive it why? because i LOVE all the cats no matter what dude.

hey where's england,Al-Madinah && Tayabah am still waiting for them :X
mA'ASSALAMA

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-16-2007, 09:40 PM
lol sis chill out aight!!! :D u ma girl ;D
black cats dont have jinns in them!! dont take superstitions from kafirs!!!
neways...lol

Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 09:42 PM
lol sis chill out aight!!! :D u ma girl ;D
black cats dont have jinns in them!! dont take superstitions from kafirs!!!
neways...lol
salamualikum.
eaziiii now tiger :coolalien

ah well me nephew goes they do ah well he's a chnadoo after all. ur still gonna get battered up on MSN :p

Ma'assalama

Tania
02-17-2007, 05:46 AM
In witch trials, ownership of a cat was often taken as "evidence" of Satanic association and witchcraft. Cats, believed to be evil in their own right, were often punished or burned alive along with humans during these trials.
Poor cats :cry: I saw once in tv the Inquisition trials and there i heard for the first time about this. imsad How cruels they were.

Inspired by the crocodiles i thought at two breeds which imitate two big cats of the wild: first is the black panther :)

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 10:01 AM
In witch trials, ownership of a cat was often taken as "evidence" of Satanic association and witchcraft. Cats, believed to be evil in their own right, were often punished or burned alive along with humans during these trials.
Poor cats :cry: I saw once in tv the Inquisition trials and there i heard for the first time about this. imsad How cruels they were.

Inspired by the crocodiles i thought at two breeds which imitate two big cats of the wild: first is the black panther :)
Greetings,
so true Tania i don't know why people tend to hurt cats or are even scared o cats imsad imsad
ma'assalama

Tania
02-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Cats breed

Part X Breed profile :Ocicat - the leopard cat :)

Origin :
  • The ocicat was developed in 1964 by accident, when Siamese breeder Virginia Daly, of Michigan, crossed a seal point Siamese female with a ruddy Abyssinian male in the hopes of developing an Abyssinian-pointed Siamese. The first litter of kittens all looked like their Abyssinian father, since the Abyssinian pattern and coloration are dominant over the Siamese pattern and colors. Next, Daly bred one of the female half-Aby, half-Siamese kittens to a chocolate point Siamese male. The resulting litter gave her the Aby-pointed Siamese she was trying to achieve. However, the litter also contained an ivory male with golden spots and striking copper eyes, which Daly named “Tonga.” Daly's daughter dubbed him an ocicat because of his resemblance to a baby ocelot (an American wildcat).

• In 1986, the gene pool was closed to Siamese and American shorthair outcrosses. However, Abyssinians are still used in ocicat breeding programs and will be until January 1, 2005. This will help keep the gene pool large and healthy.

Appearance :
Body:
  1. The breed is large, athletic and long-bodied with substantial bone structure and muscle development, exuding power and grace.
  2. The legs are long and muscular, the torso solid and hard, and the cat has surprising weight for his/her size.
  3. Combined with a loose-shouldered hunter-like stride and vivid eyes that gleam with intelligence and cunning, this breed reminds you that our domestic felines were wildcats only a few thousand years ago.

Coat:
The coat is short and glossy

Coat patterns:
  • Ocicats possess round or thumbprint-shaped spots that come in 12 colors, including tawny, chocolate, cinnamon, blue, lavender, fawn and six shades of silver. The spotting pattern is distinctly different from the other four spotted breeds: the Egyptian mau, Bengal, California spangled and pixie bob. The spots are arranged in a bull's-eye pattern, courtesy of the classic tabby pattern from which the spotted pattern originated.
  • Too, the ocicat is an agouti or “ticked” breed, courtesy of her Abyssinian ancestors; look closely and you'll see that each hair is decorated with bands of alternating color, ending with a dark tip.
  • The forehead bears the classic tabby “M.” All eye colors are allowed except blue.
  • Other patterns such as classic, mackerel and ticked tabby

Personality
  • Ocicats are active, curious and athletic, and have a highly honed hunting instinct. Like their Abyssinian and Siamese ancestors, ocicats are energetic and talkative and are perfect for those who like playful, lively, interactive cats.
  • They're people-oriented and affectionate, too, and display a strong devotion to their human companions. Like their Siamese ancestors, ocicats can be quite vocal when something is frightfully wrong like empty food dishes, but they aren't as loud or annoying as their Siamese predecessors. :giggling:
  • ocicats are very dependent on their human companions and need human interaction. If you work all day and play all night, another breed would be a better choice. However, if they are provided with a cat companion, ocicats can do quite well while waiting for you to come home from work. Just remember that two ocicats can get into twice as much mischief as one.

Intelligence
Highly intelligent, ocicats thoroughly know their names and can be taught a variety of tricks usually reserved for the canine crowd, including coming on command and playing fetch. In fact, some owners claim their ocicats are too clever. Prospective owners should be aware that ocicats have a talent for mischief and can be hard on fragile household items. Not even the highest shelf is out of reach for the athletic ocicat. These are not good pets for folks who like couch potato cats.

Grooming
Ocicats need very little grooming. Their sleek, short coats need only an occasional brushing to remove dead hairs. Avoid slicker type metal brushes as these can damage the ocicat's beautiful coat.

Health
Ocicats are generally hardy, healthy cats but like their Abyssinian and Siamese ancestors can be prone to certain hereditary disorders and illnesses, such as gingivitis. Untreated, dental disease can undermine the cat's overall health. With routine tooth brushing, regular checkups, and periodic professional teeth cleaning, the problem can be minimized. Be sure to get a written health guarantee from your breeder.

Source
Source

snakelegs
02-18-2007, 02:59 AM
oooooh...this is going to be a hard choice - they are both beautiful!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-18-2007, 03:25 AM
MashAllah they are!! Tania ur makin it difficult to choose! Let there be a 3rd option for both :p

Tania
02-18-2007, 05:59 AM
Cats breed

Part XI Breed profile :Somali - the fox cat :)

Origin :
  • The Somali first made its American appearance in the 1950s when longhaired kittens began appearing in Abyssinian litters. The gene governing long hair is recessive, which means one copy of the gene must be inherited from each parent for a kitten to have long hair. The gene can be passed on for generations without appearing, so no one knows exactly when or where the gene originated.
  • Two schools of thought exist about the origin of the gene. Some believe that it was introduced when European breeders bred longhaired cats with Abyssinians to save the Aby from extinction after the world wars had decimated the breed. Others believe that the Somali is a gift from Mother Nature, created by spontaneous mutation. The idea that the Somali arose from the Abyssinian lines without help from other breeds is popular with many Somali fanciers.

Appearance :
Body:
  • Although essentially a longhaired Abyssinian, the Somali has characteristics all its own. The most notable difference, besides fur length, is size; Somalis are larger than their Aby relatives. Dense fur adds to the appearance of size.
  • Their bodies are long, lithe and graceful with firm muscular development.
  • The head is a modified wedge shape adorned with large, pointed, alert ears.
  • The large, expressive, almond-shaped eyes gleam like brilliant gold or green jewels in a rich setting of fur.

Coat:
The Somali's medium-length coat is soft, silky and baby-fine. The hair is longest around the neck and breeches; the mane gives the Somali the appearance of a miniature lion. A luxurious fox-like brush adorns the tail.

Coat patterns:
  • Like the Abyssinian, the Somali is a ticked or agouti breed. Each hair has bands of alternating darker and lighter color that gives the fur its characteristic camouflage. The Somali's longer fur shows off the ticking to its best advantage. The ticked pattern is actually a type of tabby. While the body is free of tabby stripes, some striping can be seen on the face; dark pencil lines extend from the eyes and brows, and the forehead is decorated with the classic tabby “M.”
  • Somalis come in the same colors as the Aby: ruddy, red, blue and fawn. All associations except TCA accept these colors; TCA accepts only ruddy and red. Some associations such as TICA and AACE also accept silver. This color is controversial, however, as some breeders believe that the inhibitor gene responsible for the silver effect will ruin the ruddy coloration.

Personality
  • Although the Somali's beauty first attracts people, its personality turns fanciers into fanatics. Although not lap cats, Somalis are people-oriented and devoted, and want to be involved in every aspect of your life. Open a drawer, and your Somali will be there to peer in. Sit in front of the tube, and your Somali will be there for a pet and a purr.
  • Don't get a Somali if you want a cat that resembles a furry doorstop, however. Like the action-packed Aby, the Somali is energetic and animated, and possesses a sense of humor and a love of play. Somalis love to race around the house, opening cupboards with their agile paws and generally getting into mischief.

Intelligence
They are also intelligent, which contributes to the mischief making. They also tend to be determined cats; once they get an idea in their furry little heads, there's no deterring them. “Tenacious” is the word most used to describe the Somali.

Grooming
The Somali's soft, silky fur requires combing about twice a week. Attention should be paid to the longer fur on hindquarters and neck since mats can occur in those areas. Fortunately, most Somalis enjoy being groomed.

Health
Somalis are generally healthy, hardy and vigorous. Like all purebred breeds, however, Somalis have a few cons with their pros. Like the Abyssinian, some Somalis have trouble with gingivitis and tooth decay, and require regular check ups, cleanings and tooth brushing to keep their smiles bright. Some Somali lines also have a higher incidence of renal amyloidosis -- a hereditary disease found in Aby bloodlines as well.

Source
Source

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-18-2007, 06:03 AM
^^Omg i want those cats :X

Malaikah
02-18-2007, 09:04 AM

awww!! That is soo cute! mashaallah!:statisfie

Khayal
02-18-2007, 09:10 AM

Beautiful cats.....

Tania
02-18-2007, 10:54 AM
The truth about cat toys

Play together toys
Quiz results

Kittens spend many hours playing games, especially those that simulate hunting and violent competition with other cats. The ability to play develops gradually once the kittens open their eyes. It becomes increasingly refined as their bodies grow, their muscles develop, and their motor abilities improve. Kittens are willing to play with other kittens and cats, with other animals, and with humans, and are very easily induced to play hunting games.

Watching a playing cat is fascinating. In response to the stimulus of motion, the cat focuses on the moving object, lies down in preparation for a pretend ambush, and, after a few seconds of concentration, intercepts its "prey" with amazing rapidity. Cats are naturally skillful hunters, and the level of these skills can be observed most particularly when they play.

As they grow up, the cats' need for play significantly decreases. Cats become calmer and are not as often excited by stimuli. Still, house cats are kittens in their souls, and most of them are willing to engage in some sort of play even when they are older.

The great advantage of these interactive toys is that they can be held by a human located at some distance away from the cat. That way, the game is interactive while the human participant cannot be scratched or bitten in the excitement of the play. Also, sharing the hunting game with the feline friend, she will not become bored or lazy exactly because his beloved owner is there. :)

Conclusion: interactive games are for cats regardless of their age and the most favourites toys which would be bought by our readers are the laser pen (5 votes) or the remote controlled toys (2 votes.) Both are safe and we should never forget the cat must get a reward in the end of the game. Thats why after a laser pen play its good if we are leaving near to the cat a small toy like reward :) She will think she caught the laser light.

Source

Tania
02-18-2007, 02:39 PM
More Ocicat pictures::D

Tania
02-18-2007, 02:56 PM
More Bombay cats: :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-18-2007, 03:59 PM
:lol: They're so cute!!! Stop it Tania ;D :p

England
02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I've got a bombay cat. She's fat, she lives outside and never comes in. I think she has a 2nd home :rolleyes:

Tania
02-18-2007, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
I've got a bombay cat. She's fat, she lives outside and never comes in. I think she has a 2nd home :rolleyes:
I think its true :(. They are very attached to their owners, never like to be left alone, so if she spend so little time with you, it means she found another home.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-18-2007, 08:55 PM

Poll updated. Will remain open between ---> 18 - 22 February 2007.

Al_Imaan
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
i was right about the poll...and i chose the cute fox cat....

Khayal
02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Very hard to choose b/w 1st ( I like her black shiny fur), n the 3rd one ( Innocent face)...hmmmmm

my vote goes to this.....

Kittygyal
02-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Greetings.
maybe she doesn't like the house :lol: oh maybe she just found new friends
take care

England
02-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Kittygyal/Tania,

She doesn't forget to scratch at the door scrounging for food every 5 mins :rolleyes: but still refuses to come in. Perhaps an evil spirit in the house? :eek: :D
You know where she prefers to sleep at nights, be it cold, freezing or warm? In the bloody shed! :uuh: Weird cat.

Kittygyal
02-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Kittygyal/Tania,

She doesn't forget to scratch at the door scrounging for food every 5 mins :rolleyes: but still refuses to come in. Perhaps an evil spirit in the house? :eek: :D
You know where she prefers to sleep at nights, be it cold, freezing or warm? In the bloody shed! :uuh: Weird cat.
Greetings.
blud she may want to sleep there because you may not hsar elove to her, or maybe get her trained or something, && God knows if there is Black magic in ze house. I suggest you to get her trained A.S.A.P before you get bizarrr even more :muddlehea
Take care

England
02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Greetings.
blud she may want to sleep there because you may not hsar elove to her, or maybe get her trained or something, && God knows if there is Black magic in ze house. I suggest you to get her trained A.S.A.P before you get bizarrr even more :muddlehea
Take care
She's old. She hasn't got long to go. I myself wouldn't get another cat again. They're not as fun as dogs. That's the only pet I'll get in the future. Fun times with my last one :D

P.S we don't do black magic. Tried tarrot cards once... :rolleyes:

youngsister
02-19-2007, 12:16 AM
:sl: I cant believe people actually like cats:uuh: they so scary! :w:

Mawaddah
02-19-2007, 12:18 AM
^ I can't beleive some people actually think they're scary! :rollseyes

I think a home is not complete without a cat in it :statisfie

England
02-19-2007, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
:sl: I cant believe people actually like cats:uuh: they so scary! :w:
No they're not, they're cute....

Scary20Cat! -

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

youngsister
02-19-2007, 12:38 AM
:sl: Oh Good i feel sick+o( +o( +o( +o( +o(

They spit out balls of hair, you find that cute? Errrrr!:muddlehea :w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 02:35 AM
Thats a huge cat!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
still cute tho :D

*Hana*
02-19-2007, 05:03 AM
^ I can't beleive some people actually think they're scary! :rollseyes

I think a home is not complete without a cat in it :statisfie
Salam Alaikum:

Please let me send you my cat. :smile:

My house was a home until my cat moved in and trashed the furniture. :rant:

She's pretty, but would be a lot prettier in someone else's house. :p

Wasalam,
Hana

Tania
02-19-2007, 11:23 AM
NEWS
Category: Never do this !!!

Brothers guilty in fat dog trial

Two brothers who allowed their dog's weight to rise by almost four stone in two years have been convicted of causing unnecessary suffering.

Derek Benton, 62, and his brother David, 53, were found guilty of providing their pet Labrador, Rusty, with an inappropriate diet.

The court was told the brothers had ignored a vet's advice on the dog's health.

Stephen Climie, prosecuting on behalf of the RSPCA, said Rusty was "hugely and grossly" overweight when seen by the RSPCA in February.

"The dog could not walk a few steps before having to sit," said Mr Climie. "He certainly collapsed if he was kept standing."

Mr Climie said the dog, which had a long-standing hip complaint, also suffered pain in its joints and had difficulty breathing.

Rusty has now lost three and half stones under RSPCA care. :)
Source

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Here are some pics my cuz took last time she was over my house. This is November people! Look how small they are :statisfie Jus thought I'd share :D

He looks so sick here :X

This one is so stinkin cute ;D Thats my nephew in the pic lol

Tania
02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Do Our Cats Really Love Us?
  • In the English language, we have just one word to describe the different types of love. The ancient Greeks were a bit smarter in this respect; they used different words to describe the love for a spouse, a sibling, a parent or a friend.
  • You have to wonder which word they used to describe the love between pets and people. We know how we feel towards our pets, but do they experience the same emotions toward us? Or is the bond simply a mixture of instinct, dependence and social role?
  • In short, do our pets really “love” us, as we understand it? In a word, the answer is yes, according to clinical evidence. Food does play a large role in feelings of affection between pet and owner. But cats don't depend solely on treats. The mere presence and/or touch of a preferred person has been shown to reduce the heart rate of these animals – a sign of bonding.

Love of a Cat

• Cats are said to be independent, aloof, and not in need of company except on their terms. This is true only of some cats; certainly not all. Cats raised by people from an early age either think they are almost human, or that the human is almost a cat.
    Bringing at home a smaller bird:

• In fact, throughout a cat-person bond, the two may switch roles without realizing it. On occasion, a cat will bring home a dead or half-dead animal as a token of her love and respect (a touching, if gruesome, method of confirming the bond).
    Bringing at home a bigger bird:

• Bringing home “love offerings” of this type is a sign of attachment and belonging.
    Providing to family a fish for dinner:

There are others that require less clean up. (The cat will never understand how upset can become the owner at this sign of love :rolleyes:) When the bond is strong, a cat will:

Tend to follow you around. She may not follow immediately, but after a moment or two she might casually saunter into the room where you're sitting (as if she's trying to play the whole thing down). Your cat may jump in your lap or may just find a chair nearby. Either way, she prefers to spend time with you.
or just sleep in your lap :

Source
Will be continued

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
^^Hehe now i know my cats love me. They always follow me, but not directly. then they come and sit on my bed or meow at me till i give them a rub on the head :statisfie. They're so cuteee :p

Tania
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
^^Hehe now i know my cats love me. They always follow me, but not directly. then they come and sit on my bed or meow at me till i give them a rub on the head :statisfie. They're so cuteee :p
Its the most signifiant sign of love. They are so lovely when they are eating :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Hehe, yea :p

Tania
02-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Hehe, yea :p
Raising hopes: do you have other pictures too :?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 04:56 PM
yea but my neph is in it and i dunno if i can put it up. if a mod lets me :X i doubt it tho.

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 05:05 PM
No they're not, they're cute....

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
OMG fatty bby awwwwwwwwww thats so cute :shade:

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 05:09 PM
She's old. She hasn't got long to go. I myself wouldn't get another cat again. They're not as fun as dogs. That's the only pet I'll get in the future. Fun times with my last one :D

P.S we don't do black magic. Tried tarrot cards once... :rolleyes:

Greetings.
:lol:, maybe you should NOT feed your cat junk && it will like you more then && get it trained && shre your love maybe thats the majoir reason!
Take care

pssst Tarrot cards ;D

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 05:13 PM
salamualikum/Greetings

@Tayabah, mashallah nice kitties there ever so cute i wana grip them :X

@Tania my cats always show me love && i do the same, they ALWAYS follow me && play with me && i play with them I LOVE THEM THERE MA BABIES! :)

Take care/ Ma'assalama

England
02-19-2007, 05:53 PM
OMG fatty bby awwwwwwwwww thats so cute :shade:
I was taking the mick... It isn't cute! :eek: I'd give it away!
I hate the sort of cats that leave hair all over your clothes too. Pain in the backside :muddlehea

Greetings.
:lol:, maybe you should NOT feed your cat junk && it will like you more then && get it trained && shre your love maybe thats the majoir reason!
Take care

pssst Tarrot cards ;D
I don't feed her junk. I think it's the other person that does that :uuh: I'm not paying to train a cat that's only got about 6 months to live. She's OOOOOLDDDDD :giggling:

Hey the tarot cards worked. I did it once and they worked :uuh: But I wouldn't want to do it again. I'm not too familiar with them. It could be another version of a wigi board :eek:

youngsister
02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
:sl: OmG my post is gone, no freedom of speech mmmm:thumbs_do :w:

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I hate the sort of cats that leave hair all over your clothes too. Pain in the backside :muddlehea

I don't feed her junk. I think it's the other person that does that :uuh: I'm not paying to train a cat that's only got about 6 months to live. She's OOOOOLDDDDD :giggling:

Hey the tarot cards worked. I did it once and they worked :uuh: But I wouldn't want to do it again. I'm not too familiar with them. It could be another version of a wigi board :eek:

Greetings.
NO THATS MY OPINION I LOVE IT , IT LOOKS EVER SO CUTE!! I WOULD LOVE TO COULDE THAT!
even two of me cats leave hair about but i love it buecause i LOVE them not there fault you can take it to the VETS && get it trimmed or shaven so less of hair fall! it works TRUST

well shows how much you love it && it's gone ''oooooooooooooooLDDD'' maybe you should have give it a bath atleast && taken the bits && bobs of hair or && also comb her hair i just loving combing animlas hair even though me one of me puppy hates it lol i do it's nutting but he knows am messing with him thats a sign of love treatment ;D.

erm your not going to pay for it then i suggest you should give me it in that case because it seems like you don't give a toss at all, so pull it out && hand it over to me. :uuh:

Take care (Jodie)
lol shatup about them ''Tarrot cards'' :X

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:07 PM
:sl: OmG my post is gone, no freedom of speech mmmm:thumbs_do :w:
salamualikum.
erm ukthi am sure it's on the ''other page'' erm if it aint don't let it get to ya :)
Ma'assalama

youngsister
02-19-2007, 06:11 PM
:sl: :embarrass :embarrass :embarrass Ye ermm it was on the other page:w:

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:19 PM
:sl: :embarrass :embarrass :embarrass Ye ermm it was on the other page:w:
salamualikum.
that what happened to me made a fool out me self yesaday aswel well not on this site but MSN grr :lol: never mind
Ma'assalama

Tania
02-19-2007, 06:20 PM
yea but my neph is in it and i dunno if i can put it up. if a mod lets me :X i doubt it tho.
I have the solution :). Open the paint application, cut only the kitten in a new file and after upload it :).

youngsister
02-19-2007, 06:21 PM
:sl: lOl thanx kitty, dont feel like a fool no more:p :w:

Tania
02-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Until you will not really like your cat, even if she is old, she will not come in the house where she feels is not welcomed. We will have posts dedicated to the cat feelings too and you will see they can become hurt, even jealous. In this case, i think she feel how are you rejecting her. Always the cats avoid to enter in spaces where there is a danger. Until her last day she should be "loved"

Tania
02-19-2007, 06:25 PM
:sl: lOl thanx kitty, dont feel like a fool no more:p :w:

England
02-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Greetings.
NO THATS MY OPINION I LOVE IT , IT LOOKS EVER SO CUTE!! I WOULD LOVE TO COULDE THAT!
even two of me cats leave hair about but i love it buecause i LOVE them not there fault you can take it to the VETS && get it trimmed or shaven so less of hair fall! it works TRUST

well shows how much you love it && it's gone ''oooooooooooooooLDDD'' maybe you should have give it a bath atleast && taken the bits && bobs of hair or && also comb her hair i just loving combing animlas hair even though me one of me puppy hates it lol i do it's nutting but he knows am messing with him thats a sign of love treatment ;D.

erm your not going to pay for it then i suggest you should give me it in that case because it seems like you don't give a toss at all, so pull it out && hand it over to me. :uuh:

Take care (Jodie)
lol shatup about them ''Tarrot cards'' :X
Pull it out? As in pull the cat out of my pocket lol? :uuh: It's outside, probably in the shed sleeping. Don't worry it can get out now and then :D
I'll box her up and post her to you then :D I'll stick a 2nd class stamp on it.

youngsister
02-19-2007, 06:26 PM
:sl: Nope, dont really like cats lol:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 06:28 PM
lol ite ill cut and paste it :D

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Until you will not really like your cat, even if she is old, she will not come in the house where she feels is not welcomed. We will have posts dedicated to the cat feelings too and you will see they can become hurt, even jealous. In this case, i think she feel how are you rejecting her. Always the cats avoid to enter in spaces where there is a danger. Until her last day she should be "loved"
Greetings.
EXACTLY! care about it ENGLAND before i am going to come hunting for the cat!! because belive me you i will come hunting for you :X so i suggest you stop being LAZY!! && care about the poor cat no wonder she doesn't come in the house! :muddlehea
Take care

Tania
02-19-2007, 06:31 PM
lol ite ill cut and paste it :D
:D if you have one when they are walking :? or the eyes are almost closed:embarrass

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 06:33 PM

This is a few months back, dont forget :D He looks sick doesnt he.

I dont think i have other pics of them wit their eyes closed Tania. I have to fix my camera..then ill get some new pics :D

Tania
02-19-2007, 06:34 PM
:sl: Nope, dont really like cats lol:w:
You could still vote because this cats are looking like: panther (wild cat), leopard (wild cat)and fox.:embarrass

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Pull it out? As in pull the cat out of my pocket lol? :uuh: It's outside, probably in the shed sleeping. Don't worry it can get out now and then :D
I'll box her up and post her to you then :D I'll stick a 2nd class stamp on it.
Greetings.
hey dude you think am 'joking' aright enough of the ''smilieys'' that get you hyper && think jodie is messing well am NOT, if you seriosuly don't get a grip && before the cat dies i gurantee you will come back on this site && say ''me cat has died' && i will have no sympathy for you, what a piety why? because you treated this poor cat like bag of poo! && you know what she earns alot then that! so get a grip dude && am no messing okay am SERIOUS! if you can't ''bother'' to handle it then give it back to the vets && then atleast i can have care sleep at night without thinking about this poor cat, so i know it's in safe hands!!!
Take care

psst, am sowiee england ma blud but i gotcha be serious at times, i know i can't though because i give it away, && ''pull it out'' meaning GIVE IT TO ME not get it out ya pockets your ma BLUD *TOUCH* RESPECT :shade:

England
02-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Greetings.
hey dude you think am 'joking' aright enough of the ''smilieys'' that get you hyper && think jodie is messing well am NOT, if you seriosuly don't get a grip && before the cat dies i gurantee you will come back on this site && say ''me cat has died' && i will have no sympathy for you, what a piety why? because you treated this poor cat like bag of poo! && you know what she earns alot then that! so get a grip dude && am no messing okay am SERIOUS! if you can't ''bother'' to handle it then give it back to the vets && then atleast i can have care sleep at night without thinking about this poor cat, so i know it's in safe hands!!!
Take care

psst, am sowiee england ma blud but i gotcha be serious at times, i know i can't though because i give it away, && ''pull it out'' meaning GIVE IT TO ME not get it out ya pockets your ma BLUD *TOUCH* RESPECT :shade:
You give me the snig/gers LOL :giggling:

Don't worry I won't be posting that my cat has died, I'll put your mind at rest :D My cat is healthy don't worry :D

Tania
02-19-2007, 06:40 PM
This is a few months back, dont forget :D
How cute give his little paw . In the first pic he is sooo attentive. I rem your kittens are much bigger now and your camera is not working :-\ too many tech problems but until will be fixed, we will enjoy the few weeks old kittens - around 10/12 weeks old.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 06:41 PM
lol yea enjoy them.
Hopefully soon ill get it :)

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
You give me the snig/gers LOL :giggling:

Don't worry I won't be posting that my cat has died, I'll put your mind at rest :D My cat is healthy don't worry :D
Greetings.
RESPECT MA BLUD :shade: :shade:

but listen dude she's NOT healthy stop lying to me i don't like it, now please if you wana be me friend :D, take the blimy cat to the vets && get it checked it up every three weeks you should SHOULD get ya pet(S) taken to the VETS for a check up so you know it's healthy or what so not, i know i sound harsh here dude but listen please don't mess around with the cat please PLEASE for me please am like beggin you here PLEASE, i know your a good dude so look after her please && share ya love with her maybe then she will like you && the huse, force her in the house by picking her ''GENTLY'' up && then give her a bath, she's not healthy because she doesn't enter the house so she hasn't had a bath since ynks :muddlehea OMG!! treat her proppley PLEASE! or take her to the VETS to have! am not putting up with this dude, there's a limit of jokin with pets so please look after her please me finla beggin PLEASE!!! :D
Take care

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:49 PM
salamualikum.
nice kittes Cinqo :D
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 06:50 PM
^^Lol, thanx weirdo :D

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
^^Lol, thanx weirdo :D
salamualikum.
eaziiiiii now blud respect :shade:
take it eazy with the ''weirdo'' :X
Ma'assalama

pssst hiiiiiii agen i guess so :uuh:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 06:55 PM
are u high again :? ;D looool

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 06:57 PM
are u high again :? ;D looool
salamualikum.
did i or did i not write that hmpfft okay on topic cinqo
Ma'assalama

England
02-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeh back on topic :shade:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-19-2007, 07:06 PM
lol.....so who luvs me cats :shade: :coolious:

starfortress
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM
it is only me voted for the ocicat:uuh:

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 08:58 PM
salamualikum.
^ :X

they ALL look cute though actually they ARE

Ma'assalama

snakelegs
02-20-2007, 07:56 AM
i voted the panther cat - so sleek looking.
all 3 are beautiful this time.

Tania
02-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Do Our Pets Really Love Us?

Love of a Cat

From the previous post:
The personality of the cat makes a large differences in the way in which they show their love.
Some cats prefers to bring home a dead or half-dead animal as a token of her love and respect (a touching, if gruesome, method of confirming the bond).
Other cats tend to follow you around. She may not follow immediately, but after a moment or two she might casually saunter into the room where you're sitting (as if she's trying to play the whole thing down). Your cat may jump in your lap or may just find a chair nearby. Either way, she prefers to spend time with you.

Part II : Other ways in which the cat is expressing his love is:
  • Become slightly depressed when you leave

• and greet you enthusiastically upon your return.

• She may learn to recognize the sound of your car pulling up and run to the door, expecting your presence.

`*`
  • Send subtle cat signals of affection to you throughout the day. These often take the form of classic “cat kisses” – staring at you adoringly, then squinting or slowly closing her eyes.

Will continue
Source

Kittygyal
02-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Greetings
awww ma bbyz! OMG there so cuteeeeeeeee
Take care

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
aww Masha'Allah, too adorable!!!!! :D

Tania
02-20-2007, 05:57 PM
aww Masha'Allah, too adorable!!!!! :D
but i found very lovely the way in which the cats show their affection :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
^^Yea ;D :)

Tania
02-21-2007, 04:33 PM

Love of a Cat

From the previous post:
The personality of the cat makes a large differences in the way in which they show their love. When the bond is strong, a cat will:
  • bring home a dead or half-dead animal as a token of her love and respect (a touching, if gruesome, method of confirming the bond).
  • tend to follow you around. She may not follow immediately, but after a moment or two she might casually saunter into the room where you're sitting (as if she's trying to play the whole thing down). Your cat may jump in your lap or may just find a chair nearby. Either way, she prefers to spend time with you.
  • Become slightly depressed when you leave
  • greet you enthusiastically upon your return.
  • Send subtle cat signals of affection to you throughout the day. These often take the form of classic “cat kisses” – staring at you adoringly, then squinting or slowly closing her eyes.

Part III
Less subtle signals would be:
  • rubbing her head upon you (marking you with her scent), and of course, purring.

• Lying on her back, with her stomach exposed. This is a sign of trust, because your cat is now in a vulnerable position. Many owners mistakenly think this is a request for a belly rub. It usually isn't.

Source

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Greetings.
i know ALL of me pets LOVE ME && SO DO I
My PETS must be blind
not to see
my wrinkles
graying hair
expanding belly
Or, maybe, they just doesn't care
and love me anyway.
there not very smart but there mine
and love me anyway
And maybe,
just maybe,
Next time I feel weird about me
I can borrow there BONES!

Take care

Tania
02-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Ohh i liked how you wrote about how the pets can loves us despite of appearance :).

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Greetings,
yh true I LOVE ME CATS :)
Take care

The Ruler
02-21-2007, 04:54 PM

i like panthers...and thus the pather cat :thumbs_up...its black...sleek...looks good.

Tania
02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

i like panthers...and thus the pather cat :thumbs_up...its black...sleek...looks good.

Great choice :) The coat is very soft and delicate

Tania
02-22-2007, 06:38 PM
The second winner for the february month is
THE SOMALI BREED

Al_Imaan
02-22-2007, 06:43 PM
yay fox cat....

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-23-2007, 02:51 AM

Poll Updated. You can select more than one option for this poll.

Poll will remain open from 22nd - 25th Feb.

Islam_sister
02-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Ya Allah how crule was that lady :cry:

now has anyone got cats or any other pets:?

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

I know.. that lady is crule. My goodness..

Yeah, My sisters and brother and myself we have 2 cats which had babies, we had a rabbit she died :( and we have a bird and a dog.. well not my dog my mom's dog..lol.. goodness.. a full house of ANIMALSS!!..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Anyone heard about a teenager who roasted his cat in the oven :? :offended: So cruel!!!! It's a sin to even hurt animals, let alone human beings :cry:
Poor kitty!!!
Anyways, Tania you put up my favorite pic :statisfie.
Lol, he's so small there...his name is GIZMO, btw ;D No I didnt pick the name...! :X

The Ruler
02-23-2007, 04:41 PM

i didnt know which one...since i dont like any of them habits...so i just chose the first one that says 'DON'T SELECT'...it was too tempting.

Tania
02-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Anyways, Tania you put up my favorite pic :statisfie.
Lol, he's so small there...his name is GIZMO, btw ;D No I didnt pick the name...! :X
:) have you noticed his little cute pink legs. And how concentrate is during the play :? I had to cut a little bit from the pic because it was too big for the poll :-[ Gizmo its a name what i never heard before but its easy to pronounce :)

Tania
02-23-2007, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

i didnt know which one...since i dont like any of them habits...so i just chose the first one that says 'DON'T SELECT'...it was too tempting.

You are not the first who select the "Don't select option" :giggling: If this will go on bro Al Madani will write with 6 size the font. This time Gizmo will be content to get a vote straight for his picture :). He will be more content if will have more votes for this poll:statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Lol, yea it is easy...:D My bro chose that name ;D I still dont like it but whatever, he chose it :D

Tania
02-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Cats breed

Part XII Breed profile :Turkish angora:)
Tortie Smoke Turkish Angora - Hosca Kal Tinka Tonk

Origin :
The Turkish Angora is a pure, natural breed of cat, originating probably from the Manul cat domesticated by the Tartars. They migrated eventually to Turkey, where they are regarded today with great reverence, as one of their national treasures. In 1962, the Angora was rediscovered by American servicemen in the Ankara Zoo in Ankara, Turkey, in a controlled breeding program dating back forty-five years. CFA only accepts for registration those Turkish Angoras whose ancestry can be traced back to Turkey

Appearance :
Body:
The Turkish Angora is a medium-sized cat with a graceful, elegant style. They are long, slender having a muscular body with long legs and tail. The head is a smooth, rather pointed wedge with large, striking ears and eyes.

Coat:
The Turkish Angora has a very silky, single coat, which does not mat.

Coat patterns:
The Turkish Angora is now generally available in a full range of colors, having been accepted by CFA in any shade and pattern, except those that denote hybridization such as lavender, chocolate or the pointed pattern. They occur commonly, in most solids, tabbies, smokes and parti-colors. White is still the most popular color, though this is rapidly changing, as more and more breeders realize the beauty of this elegant breed in a variety of exciting shades.

Personality
The Turkish Angora, as known today, is one of the most outgoing, affectionate, intelligent breeds known. This cat tends to attach itself strongly to one person, but is also very loving and playful with the whole family, as well as with strangers. Therefore, it is a fabulous family pet, as well a great pet for older or single people living alone. The males are the better pets, being even more intensely loving than the females. Turkish Angoras love to jump and play. They often learn to fetch and do tricks. However, what they enjoy best is sitting on the lap of their owner to love and cuddle

Intelligence
They are among the most intelligent of the cat breeds. They love their owners with a single minded devotion.

Grooming
Their single, silky, medium length coats need only occasional grooming to look good. Grooming is a matter of a twice weekly combing with a rather fine-toothed grooming comb, or a slicker brush to remove the dead hair. However, during the spring molting season, more frequent grooming is essential to prevent hairballs.

Health
Turkish angora are generally healthy, hardy and vigorous.
Blue Eyed White Turkish Angora - Grand Champion Matiki's Shot of Wild Turkey of KitnHevn

Source
Source

Tania
02-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Turkish Angora - Zoo Ankara breeding position
History

One theory suggests that the Turkish Angora cat came from the Lake Van region of eastern Anatolia (the ancient name for modern-day Turkey), and is today, the distant cousin of the Turkish Van cat.

The name Angora is the historic name for the modern-day city of Ankara. Turkish legend has it that Mohammed (570-632) had his own highly regarded, odd-eyed white Angora named Muezza. To the people of Turkey, the white coat of a Turkish Angora cat ("Ankara Kedisi" in Turkish), is a symbol of purity, and white Turkish Angora cats are considered a national treasure in Turkey. Prophet Mohammed founder of the Islamic faith, possessed a Traditional Turkish Angora he regarded so highly that rather than disturb it as it slept on his robe, he cut off the sleeve. (i think its mentioned in hadiths)

• In the 16th century, primarily white, long-haired Angora cats found their way to Europe. With research, one can find notations of the Angora cat in Europe beginning in the late 1500's, when they became a prized possession and a status symbol for the wealthy and the royal.
  • In Europe and America, the breeders accepted to interbreed the persian with angora cats, and when that was done, the Traditional Turkish Angora characteristics tended to disappear and the Traditional Persian (Doll Face) dominated.

• By 1909 Dorothy Champion, an American Persian breeder, declared, "That the term "Angora" should be seldom if ever used in this country as a typical Angora scarcely exists. The long haired cat of today is decidedly more Persian-bred than Angora."

Measure took by authorities to protect the breed from extinction

Since 1917 the government of Turkey in conjunction with The Ankara Zoo began protecting its famous breed of cats by supervising and maintaining a strict breeding program. For a lesser period of time the Zoo in Istanbul did also. Only white Angoras with blue and amber eyes are raised and accurate records are kept on all the offspring. Particularly prized is the odd-eyed Traditional Turkish Angora, believed to be touched by Allah, who has one blue eye and one gold eye. They are called "Ankara Kedi" in their native country. It is extremely difficult to secure these cats from the Zoo. In 1996 the Turkish government banned any exportation of their Traditional Turkish Angoras in an effort to preserve their gene pool there.

Negative effects of the breeding program

It seems that 95% of the Turks cats in Ankara zoo are deaf. A deaf white cat is still a fabulous pet, as they do not use language and do not miss the sounds that they have never heard. It is extremely hard to tell if a cat is deaf, as they compensate for their hearing lack so well with their other faculties. Their earing can be check up with an audiometric test.

Source
Source
Source
Pictures from Ankara Zoo took by S. Loeschke

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-24-2007, 08:37 PM

That is sweeet. Masha'Allah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Hmmm the Turkish cat is adorable Masha'Allah. Omg and it has different colors eyes. Thats neat! :D

Tania
02-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Turkish Angora - Other breeders position
What should be done :?

Although the Turkish zoos only breed white, American breeders realized that that is a bad practice resulting in occasional deafness in the blue-eyed or odd-eyed whites.
The ground

• The color white is caused by a dominant epistatic gene symbolized by the letter W (white) which, if inherited by the cat, masks in the phenotype any other color, dominant or recessive, the cat may have in its genetic make-up.
  • The blue or odd-eyed white is engendered by one of the expressions of the W gene. In addition to producing the white coat, the gene also produces blue eyes. It does not do this in all animals (otherwise the orange-eyed variety would not exist) but in a fair proportion of cats. The completely blue-eyed for appears more frequently than the odd-eyed, as a rule. If a breeder prefers the blue-eyed variety, only matings between blue-eyed animals should be made. This is the only method by which the chances of breeding blue-eyed kittens can be maximized. However, the occurrence of either orange- or blue-eyed kittens is such a chancy business that the breeder has little control over the breeding at will of any particular eye colour The mating of orange-eyed animals together can produce blue-eyed kittens and vice versa. The occurrence of the odd-eyed cat is even more a chance event and there is little prospect of these ever being bred to order.
  • The deafness associated with the blue-eyed variety is an expression of the W gene. Not all blue-eyed white cats are deaf nor do all orange-eyed white animals have normal hearing. The proportion of deaf animals is fairly low, but too high for any complacency in the opinion of many people. In a protected environment, deafness is not a major hazard although deaf queens can be indifferent mothers because they cannot respond to the piping of kittens.
  • The only practical method of counteracting the deafness is not to breed from detectable deaf individuals. The deafness will probably never be totally eradicated but attempts can be made to keep the incidence at a low level.
  • Sometimes close study of the parentage of a white cat can give a good idea of the genes which may be carried by the animal and the results which may be expected from various matings.

What have they done :?

Based on the cat genetics the breeders paired yellow-eyed hearing whites with large patches of breakthrough color, in order to collect largest possible quantity of protective polygenes.

The result

Are there, turkish angora with different colours :
Brown Tabby and White Turkish Angora - Grand Champion Kitnhevn's Caribbean Contessa

Silver Spotted Tabby Turkish Angora - Waxolotl's Coalport

Brown Patched Tabby Turkish Angora - Grand Champion Azima's Abigail

Calico Turkish Angora - Grand Champion Azima's Rebecca Dew of Kaeleron

Calico Smoke Turkish Angora - Grand Champion Waxolotl Aischele Tortellini

Silver Mackeral Tabby Turkish Angora - Hosca Kal Oki Doki

...and many other colours :)
Source
Source
Source
Pictures from Turkish Angora Breeder's Union

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Aww deafness? So its an abnormality:? :( someone mail em to me, ill keep it. still cute :D

Tania
02-25-2007, 04:48 PM

Love of a Cat

[B]Quiz results:

In life nothing is more upseting like to see the efforts made by our felines friends are not welcomed.:-\ Our votes shows clearly we can appreciate their way to express the gratitude but from far the most welcomed gesture is: "Greet you enthusiastically upon your return". :statisfie

Tania
02-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Turkish Angora - Your position
What would you done :?

If at one point would you be ask what you prefer between the government and other breeders action, what would you say :?
a)White Turkish angora, even if the kitten could be born deaf:

b)Or coloured, with a high chance don't heritage the deafness:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
^^Aww, seriously its so cute...:statisfie

Tania
02-25-2007, 07:16 PM
^^Aww, seriously its so cute...:statisfie
I find Gizmo very cute too :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2007, 07:25 PM
^^Hehe, we used to call em stinky cuz he used to smell ;D
But he doesnt anymore, Alhumdulillah :p

snakelegs
02-25-2007, 08:26 PM
In life nothing is more upseting like to see the efforts made by our felines friends are not welcomed.:-\ Our votes shows clearly we can appreciate their way to express the gratitude but from far the most welcomed gesture is: "Greet you enthusiastically upon your return". :statisfie
am i the only one that wonders what kind of people voted for "bringing home a dead or half dead animal" as a sign of love?
probably.

*bLu_cRyStAl*
02-25-2007, 08:29 PM

i chose all of them except the first one where it brings a dead or a half dead animal home. i wouldnt like that. :-\

- Qatada -
02-25-2007, 08:30 PM

^^ Our's did that to a pigeon once, he never knew how to totally kill it so he held it by the neck and brought it in the frontroom. The pigeon was dying and Shadow felt really kool..

i felt sorry for the bird though because we never knew what to do and it had to wait a few hours before it passed away.

snakelegs
02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Tania;666703]
Turkish Angora - Your position
What would you done :?

If at one point would you be ask what you prefer between the government and other breeders action, what would you say :?

i'd go with the colour - why produce deaf animals? besides, the colour is prettier anyway.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-25-2007, 08:36 PM

Poll Updated. Will remain open between Feb 25th and March 1st.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2007, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *bLu_cRyStAl*

i chose all of them except the first one where it brings a dead or a half dead animal home. i wouldnt like that. :-\
Lol same here ;D

Well its too cold i think for me to let them out yet. Insha'Allah wen it gets warmer :D

As for the poll...its kinda hard dont u think? Both are cool :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2007, 09:12 PM
ermm did i click the wrong one ? :giggling:
i clicked the last option :X i guess its the same :X

Tania
02-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Cat dishes days :D
1 - 3 march 2007
While cats do have a reputation as finicky eaters, few cats really insist on dining from fine crystal bowls. However, that doesn't mean you should feed your cat straight from the can, either. Cats should have their own sturdy feeders or bowls that are easy to clean.

TYPE OF FEEDERS AND BOWLS: The automatic feeders with reservoir

The first type of cat feeder refills from a reservoir as your cat empties the bowl. It can be used to feed one cat for several days or you can feed multiple cats from the feeder.
Advantage
  1. The unit can be programmed to release small quantiuties such 4 to 5 kibbles of food if necessary. This is very convenient to feed diabetic pets and pets with eating disorders.
  2. The large opening in the food store bin of the automatic pet feeder enables easy fill of pet food.
  3. A flexible stainless tube sheath (coated with plastic) protects the power cord and prevents pets from chewing on the cord.
  4. The feed bowl can be easily removed, cleaned and is dishwasher safe.
  5. Pet food does not have to be emptied from the storage container to clean bowl.
  6. Metal over molded self-lubricating nylon auger prevents jamming and provides a smoother and quieter performance.
  7. Slow dispensing of food prevents the feed from piling up and also prevents the pets from eating too fast and suffering from indigestion and bloat.

Disadvantages
  1. Aggressive cats can easily prevent the more timid members of the family from getting enough food.
  2. Also, it is harder for you to monitor how much each cat is eating, so you may not realize that one of your cats is not eating as much as he usually does. Since this is an important sign of illness, this can be a serious problem.
  3. Finally, cats who are finicky may waste a lot of food by refusing to eat it if it has been sitting in the feeder for more than a few hours.

Source
Source

Tania
02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
1 - 3 march 2007

TYPE OF FEEDERS AND BOWLS: The automatic feeders with compartments

The second type of cat feeder available is the automatic cat feeder. This feeder has several compartments. The feeder's lid has an opening that allows the cat to eat out of one compartment at a time. A battery operated motor rotates the lid using a timer so that a different compartment is revealed at timed intervals.
Advantage
  1. Cat Mate will automatically feed your cat or kittens two - upto five meals kept fresh by sealed lids and an ice pack. (upto 5 meals)
  2. Set the timer to serve dinner at the time you select, up to 48 - 96 hours later.
  3. Two removable easy-clean compartments hold either dry food or up to a pound of their favorite canned food.

Disadvantages
  1. Lid and bowls are dishwasher safe but there are feeders which can't be in the dishwasher --because they warp.

Source
Source

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-27-2007, 05:59 PM
^^oo0 i like that. looks like a cool idea :D

Tania
02-27-2007, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^oo0 i like that. looks like a cool idea :D
Its a great feeder because lets say when you are in vacation they got used to eat at noon time. Now you are at school so you could leave the automatic feeder to give them at that time :)
Are at least that two posted types: with 2 and 5 compartments. So you can choose which one fits for the brothers much better.
Tomorrow will have the bowls day.:statisfie

Tania
02-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Its just me or this week the readers avoided to vote. Only 5 :(. Could be due to the fact its an open poll :?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-27-2007, 07:56 PM
That or maybe people are really busy :X
I'm so bored right now *yawn*

Tania
02-27-2007, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
I'm so bored right now *yawn*
Chase the kittens :) take photos, share with us :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I cant take photos :( The cats are so bored themselves. They're sleeping ;D
I'm sleepy too *ZZzzzZZzZZzz*

Mawaddah
02-28-2007, 03:26 PM

I went to the Grocery Store yesterday and bought a pack of catnip in the hope that it would actually make my bone lazy cats move

*sigh*
imsad

I went home and sprinkled the stuff all around them and rubbed their toys in it and sat back and watched, I really expected to see at least something.

The cats just sniffed at it and went to sleep can you beleive that! :anger:

And I bought them a whole pack of kitty toys too but they just sat there and chewed them up :rollseyes

What else can I do to get my cats active? and playful?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Sis, dont feed them every second lol. If they are anything like my cats, they'll eat and sleep a bit ;D Buy them a toy that moves u know. Like a ball or something. Or a toy that makes noises and can move. I have toys like that and they chase it :p What kind of toys do u get them exactly:?

Mawaddah
02-28-2007, 03:37 PM
My cats would eat every single moment of the day if they can actually ;D

I buy them those little mousy looking toys you know? the ones with long tails and are all fluffy :D and I buy them soft balls too....

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Sis, don't get them toys they can use that just sit there. Get them toys that will move. One of my cats got pretty lazy. But now he's more active cuz i make him chase after his toys. They like string too, especially if u make them run after it. Try it sis :)

Tania
02-28-2007, 04:07 PM
1 - 3 march 2007

TYPE OF FEEDERS AND BOWLS: The bowls

Texture of Cat Bowls
Heavy ceramic bowls with a quirky design of some animal or flower is debossed (pressed into) the glazed surface.

Durable stoneware cat bowl with kiln fired permanent decal decoration.

Other pottery cat bowls - made entirely by hand on a potter's wheel.

Stainless steel cat bowls

Plastic cat bowls

Features of Cat Bowls
  • Easy to clean and dishwasher safe. Some can be warm up in the microwave:)
  • Keeps crawling insects out of your pets food. Patented pedestal design uses no insecticides. A must have for outdoor pets, particularly in hot climates.
  • Avoid light-weight plastic, ceramics or other pottery cat bowls that can be easily moved.
    If do you still like the design then you must consider to buy :
    a.a stay in place(TM) rubber mat for Cat Bowls

b.a rubber bottom slip cat bowl.
  • Elevated feeders may be easier to clean around and under, are practical and also, very good for older or artrithic cats.

• Narrow and deep feeders are unappealing to many cats because they prefer the fresh food. Also, most cats don't like to put their head into a “hole” and prefer a more shallow option that allows them to monitor their environment while they eat.

Unanswered question
Should the bowl to be designed to allow even a short nap :?

Source

Tania
02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
My cats would eat every single moment of the day if they can actually ;D

I buy them those little mousy looking toys you know? the ones with long tails and are all fluffy :D and I buy them soft balls too....
Have you tried the interactive toys - we had a poll few days back :? Next week i will post a full description of the play alone toys.:)

Tania
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
The third winner for the february month is
THE TURKISH ANGORA BREED WITH COLOURED PATTERN OF FUR
If the government will ask us one day what should they do with the breed in future, due to our poll we will can give an exactly answer: no more only white which could be deaf:-[ even if not every white cat is deaf:-[

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Go Turkish Angora!! ;D

Tania
03-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Cat BREED
5 - 8 march 2007

THE FIRST FINALIST OF THE FEBRUARY MONTH : NORWEGIAN FOREST CAT BREED - BICOLOR DIVISION

Appearance
Body: Moderate in length, solidly muscled and well-balanced, with a substantial bone structure underneath it all.

Coat: Double coat with a dense undercoat covered by long, glossy and smooth guard hairs. Wegies have a bib with three separate sections and full britches. The Wegie is allowed every color and pattern with the exception of the Himalayan pattern or chocolate, lavender/lilac.

Extra: Unlike the Maine Coon, the Norwegian Forest Cat's eyes are always lustrous green.

Source

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-02-2007, 06:10 PM
^^o0o0o gorgeous cat :statisfie

Tania
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
THE FIRST FINALIST OF THE FEBRUARY MONTH : NORWEGIAN FOREST CAT BREED - BICOLOR DIVISION

Weggies are active cats : with the right toys they can play alone quite well:

Are quite confident and like to be grateful to their owner:

Are understanding well with the brothers:

In summer they have less longer fur than in winter:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-02-2007, 09:59 PM

Poll Updated (sorry for the delay). Multiple choice poll, and it will remain open until March 3rd.

snakelegs
03-03-2007, 07:15 AM
i didn't vote cuz i have enough snake water bowls to last me and my cats the rest of my life. :D

Khayal
03-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Voted!

n

this cat is adorable...

Tania
03-03-2007, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i didn't vote cuz i have enough snake water bowls to last me and my cats the rest of my life. :D
Exactly thats why you should vote for the best cat bowls. :).Because you have experience!.

Tania
03-03-2007, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khayal
Voted!

n

this cat is adorable...

I think this picture is a gentle reminder for those who own a wegie cat: never forget the breed lives in woods and some of them were made pets.

Tania
03-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Cat BREED
5 - 8 march 2007

THE SECOND FINALIST OF THE FEBRUARY MONTH : SOMALI - THE FOX CAT BREED

Appearance
Body: Well-proportioned, of medium to large size, with firm muscular development, while remaining lithe and supple.

Coat: Medium length, soft and silky in an agouti pattern in ruddy, red, blue, or fawn. The luxuriously full tail is a highlight of the Somali.

Source

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-03-2007, 05:20 PM
^^0oo those are beautiful. Dont make it hard sis :X

amirah_87
03-03-2007, 05:26 PM

Somali? Lol.. MashaAllah a cute breed, the first pics nicee! :)

Tania
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
THE SECOND FINALIST OF THE FEBRUARY MONTH : SOMALI - THE FOX CAT BREED

When you gaze upon the glorious coat of the Somali, you may find it hard to understand that Abyssinian breeders once were horrified to find longhaired kittens among their litters of pristine Abys. Fortunately, on two fronts, in Canada and in the U.S. a couple of people saw the potential for this beautiful cat, and the Somali was born:

As a direct relative, the Somali shares the playful characteristics of the Aby, and can be just as clownlike and inquisitive as their shorthaired relative

Somalis, like the Abys, thrive on human companionship, and are very desirable as pets

Source

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-04-2007, 04:51 AM
OMG, they are SO cuteeee!! :)

iqrah
03-04-2007, 12:34 PM
asalamu alykum,
i have acat whom i have had for 5 years now
sometiime i get annoyed of her but i do love her

iqrah
03-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

:cry: :cry: :cry: OMG!! when you realised first you should take him/her staright away immedietly to thy vets.
OMG!! can't ebelieve it you haven;t seen him/her since 15years my cat died by a silly man drove over it but i still can't get over it because that was my first ever cat! :'(
have you got anymore now:?

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu
:sl: my name is iqrah,
i have a cat but just thinking of the thought of losing it is very upsetting i hope u get over it soon.insha allah

Tania
03-04-2007, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqrah
asalamu alykum,
i have acat whom i have had for 5 years now
sometiime i get annoyed of her but i do love her
Would you share a pic with us :?

Tania
03-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Cats BREEDS
5 - 8 march 2007

THE THIRD FINALIST OF THE FEBRUARY MONTH : TURKISH ANGORA CAT BREED - EXCEPT WHITE COLOR

Appearance
Body: Well balanced and graceful, of medium size, with a long slender torso and long legs.

Coat: Fine and silky, medium-long, and shimmering with every step. Although white was the traditional color, a wide array of colors are acceptable in several patterns.

Source

Tania
03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
THE THIRD FINALIST OF THE FEBRUARY MONTH : TURKISH ANGORA CAT BREED - EXCEPT WHITE COLOR

They are one of the most intelligent breeds of cats, intensely devoted, indefatigably playful with a zest for life. Turkish Angoras meet life on its own terms and love every minute of it. Quite an example to follow, it seems.

The silver tabby is called teku.
Source
Source

Tania
03-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Conclusions

The conclusions are obvious:
  • the safety of cat is essential when the owner must travel without her/his feline friend for several days- 3 votes for the automatic feeder with reservoir
  • who owns a perpetually hungry cat which needs food in early mornings when the sleep its so sweet, chose the automatic feeder with compartments - 1 vote
  • who wanted to solve the cleaning problem easy chose the elevated feeder - 2 votes
  • on the isle with bowls were several types from which our readers chose : the stainless steel bowls (4 votes) or pottery(2 votes)with rubber bottom slip - which shows clearly our concern to try to avoid to see the cat chasing his food all over in the kitchen. When this product can't be found, will be prefered the simple bowls with a proper in place rubber mat (2 votes). A small concern about a ticked-off cat because of flies and other bugs made one reader to vote for the pedestal bowls which keeps crawlings instects out from food. The high taste for luxury of cats made our readers don't choose the plastic bowls - rejected completely.
  • the last query about should the cat to see or not whats happening in the kitchen during his meal remained unaswered - 50% - 50%.:-\

Tania
03-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Cats BREEDS
5 - 8 march 2007

THE 3 FINALISTS OF THE FEBRUARY MONTH :

NORWEGIAN FOREST CAT BREED

SOMALI CAT BREED

TURKISH ANGORA CAT BREED - EXCEPT WHITE COLOR

Tania
03-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Have you noticed in february we always choose the last breed from the competitors :giggling:

dream walker
03-05-2007, 08:55 PM
lots of cat lovers huh? I have a grey dsh who is going to the vet to get neuterd in a few weeks , Ya know what breed i REALLY love.....Javanease. drool............horses r 4 me though.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-06-2007, 12:58 AM

Poll Updated. It will remain open March 5th - 8th.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Omg I hate you Tania :raging: You made it too hard lol ;D I chose the Turkish Angora Cat :D

Al_Imaan
03-06-2007, 01:17 AM
i chose the Norwegian....

Liibaan
03-06-2007, 01:26 AM

These are my parents' cats, they used to be all mine at one time, but I gave them all to my parents when I moved out(for the last time!!:D ) I don't know what breeds they are, as far as I know they're just mutts. But they're the best cats in the world!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-06-2007, 05:00 AM
^^They're adorable, Masha'Allah.

Khayal
03-06-2007, 05:10 AM

Voted!!

snakelegs
03-07-2007, 06:22 AM
somali fox. the picture of the turkish angora on the poll was really pretty and it made it hard to choose.

Tania
03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
The truth about cat toys
Part II: 8 - 11 march 2007

Play alone toys

Cat toys are a must for every cat. When buying cat toys, your cat's personality and your budget are the two main considerations. The pet industry has all kinds of cat toys to suit every human's finances as well as every feline's fantasy. Lets see the basic toys for cats:

Part I : The classic MOUSE toys:)
Features
Size
Mouse toys range from super tiny to those of nearly rat-like proportions. Smaller sized mice are perfect cat toys for batting around even by the littlest kitten, while large pet toys often suit full grown cats with a more aggressive personality

Sound
Some kinds of mouse toys have a computer chip inside them. The chip allows the mouse to make a realistic squeaking sound when touched and some cats find this type of cat toy especially intriguing.

Material
Cat toys are available in many different materials such as knits, cloth, real fur, fleece, rope and leather. If your cat tends to bite, chew or claw his or her toys a lot, you may want to consider buying cat toys made in tough materials such as rope and leather so that the pet toys last longer. It is a good idea to always check new cat toys for any small parts your cat might eat before you present him or her with the new toy.

Scent
The Rattle Clatter Mouse toy - Inside this oversized mouse is a unique sounding rattle and catnip to provide your pet with endless hours of fun. Approximately 4 inch length with a 6 inch tail.

Catnip mice and other cat toys containing a catnip scent are popular with nearly all cats. Catnip is often a great way of motivating older or more sedentary cats into getting more exercise since catnip often makes cats roll around, run and play more. Some cat toys have Velcro closures to allow them to be refilled with fresh catnip.

Computer board controlled games -The panic mouse:

which leave you to do your work until the cat is buzy with her toy:) - The Panic Mouse is an electronic and robotic interactive cat toy that creates random "mouse-like movements," changing directions in unpredictable jerking motions. Your cat will stay entertained all season long. The Panic Mouse is sure to amuze both cats and owners alike.The Panic Mouse 360 has a digital timer that can be set to turn the unit off from 15 minutes - 2 hours.

Race mouse

This interactive toy features a stuffed mouse on a spinning wheel, inside a "saucer" with cut-out openings on the sides and top that are the perfect size for curious paws.

Try as she might, your cat will never get the mouse that skips and spins just out reach.

Will continue
Source

Tania
03-07-2007, 04:42 PM
The truth about cat toys

Play alone toys

Part II : The jungle cat gym:)
Features
This cat exercise gym looks like a swing set full of catnip-infused toys and an array of other goodies to keep your pet entertained for hours!

Catnip filled toys will enliven dull, bored, overweight and senior cats.
Will continue
Source

Tania
03-07-2007, 06:47 PM
The truth about cat toys

Play alone toys

Part III : Peek a prize toys:)
Features
What would be the cat reward after so much exercises :? Who will reward her :?

The peek a prize toy
The most interesting aspect of this toy is that the cats' natural hunting and stalking instincts come into play. Their interest is not particularly in the "prey" (toys hidden inside the box), but in the thrill of the hunt. Place toys or treats inside for your cat to reach, bat, and scoop, and ferret out. Sturdy all-wood construction lasts years, and box includes two assorted toys to get the fun started.This is a toy that cats will not grow tired of.

For food-motivated cats, use kitty treats instead of toys! Sturdy wood construction.

Kitty kitchen treat machine

Pet just presses down on the machine's wheel shaped handle with its paw and out pops a tasty feline treat. Complete instructions are included.

DELI DOME PLAY & TREAT

A unique healthy combination of fun, exercise & dinning. Dome cover lifts off for easy loading of five Play-N-Treat food balls. Just fill balls with food or treats. Computer chip activates light & a realistic dinner bell sound when dispensing food balls. Stainless steel water bowl on top of dome.

Kitty Treat Pockets

Fill the pocket with treats to entice kitty. As kitty plays and chews on the toy the treats fall through the netting.
Use the Kitty Treat Pocket to keep your kitty calm through focused concentration when stressed or bored at home alone.
This unique toy is sure to keep your cat's interest.
Will continue
Source

Tania
03-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Its the cat happy or not with the toys what we have bought for her :? Thats the main question :-[
For the answer, the pet industry offers the purfect mood detector

How many of us own cats and wonder what goes through their minds? First, they will be lying on your lap taking a catnap and then out of the blue jump up and swat at your face. With the Purfect Mood Detector you will not be mislead any longer.

You will be able to tell just at a glance if your kitty and see what his collar has to say. You will then begin to understand a bit more about his likes and dislikes if you pay attention. I know that if you are a cat owner that there has been more times then one that your special kitty has reached right out and swatted you for no apparent reason. But, you did not know his mood. He could have been sleeping and no having a nice dream and you startled him, or he could have thought you were a dog attacking him.

The Purfect Mood detector will glow red when your cat is happy and purring, so you will not have to guess his mood before you pick him up. Cats are finicky and know what they want; when they want it and now, we can at least learn a bit more. The collar comes complete with a microphone and LED that will glow to let you know his mood. The collar has a 12-inch adjustable strap so it will fit on any cat. It is not recommended for cats under the age of 6 months. The battery is included, so you can place it on your kitty as soon as you open the package. Then if it glows, you will know he loves his new present.

Source

Tania
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I think if you know your cat, you can guess his mood without detector..but i posted it anyway because its an amazing ultra hi-tech ....i can't find the words.:-[

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
aww cool i want it. but i can tell wen my kitty loves me :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.