syilla
04-12-2007, 04:23 AM

:giggling:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
04-12-2007, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:giggling:
:D They are entered in contest after bro Al Madani will check up the pictures but from here i can see they are all right.:D

syilla
04-12-2007, 04:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
:D They are entered in contest after bro Al Madani will check up the pictures but from here i can see they are all right.:D
Ok ...Thank you.

i think i know which pic will win. :D

syilla
04-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Did you know that in malaysia we have city of cat...

The origins of its name have never been clear. "Kuching" does translate into "cat" in Malay [4] ("kuching" is an old Malay spelling, whereas the new official Malay spelling today would be "kucing" but both of them are pronounced the same), in specific reference to the domesticated cat, but it may actually be a variation of the Indian name for "port" - "Cochin". Kuching was first settled by Indian traders who set up base at Santubong. Artefacts of Hindu origin can today be seen at the State Museum. The city has never been remembered for having a significantly larger population of cats when compared to others. In fact, the many cat statues, the Kuching Cat Museum and other association with cats have been part of a modern effort of tourism; many travel brochures refer to Kuching as "Cat City" or the "City of Cats". Otherwise, they hold no real meaning for the residents and are not considered by locals as romantic.
There are other theories which attribute the name to a fruit called "mata kucing" or "cat's eye"; it would seem that trees bearing this fruit used to grow in abundance by the river banks - where the city proper lies today. There is a hill in the heart of the old city called Bukit Mata Kuching which could have been as responsible.
source

and they even have museum cat .... lol :giggling:

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog...8200/tpod.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
04-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Here are my Kittens at age 2 1/2 weeks.

They've grown up to be SO Adorable and I love them to bitsssssss :statisfie , Originally we thought we were going to give them away but now I dont think I'll be able to do that anymore because they're toooooo sweet!! :cry:
But the problem is, we will be leaving at the end of the year and we have no one to give them to and the thought of leaving them is breaking my heart :(

The Orange one is so cheeky!!! They've just started to wobble around on their little legs and he's trying to run and race when his legs cant even hold him up lol. And he likes to beat all the other kittens up and try to be scary with his little hissing sounds :giggling:

All cuddled up for their noon nap

Playing Hide and seek in my clothes :rollseyes

- Qatada -
04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
:salamext:

Maasha Allaah, they're cute. How come one has something red in his eye on every photo?

Mawaddah
04-12-2007, 01:41 PM
^ Oh that's because of the flash from the camera I think, you know, that red eye thing...

- Qatada -
04-12-2007, 01:49 PM

Okay, i understand. Jazaak Allaahu khayrun.

Tania
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Cats breed

First week winner is:

The american bobtail breed

:bravo:

Kittygyal
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
salamualikum.

okay this is for Tj

MA'ASSALAMA

Tania
04-12-2007, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Maasha Allaah, they're cute. How come one has something red in his eye on every photo?
The photographs said the cats eyes will become green if we use the flash light. Mawaddah proved them , they are wrong :) - i think they don't have yet the night vision.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ Oh that's because of the flash from the camera I think, you know, that red eye thing...
They are lovely.:statisfie . Very curious little kittens and i like how they search every corner of the house. But what are doing the gentlemens between your clothes :rollseyes
I would like to take one of kitten but i live in Europe.:-[ We are moving to a house so i will have small place for her to play in and out.:statisfie

Tania
04-12-2007, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.

okay this is for Tj

MA'ASSALAMA
Please post for the photo contest - sleeping cats pictures.:-[ Upto 30 april 2007.

Tania
04-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Did you know that in malaysia we have city of cat...
Its a very nice gesture and the great statue of cat with the big bow looks cute. I can't remember now to have in my country at least one statue dedicated exclusively to pets or other animals :(.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-12-2007, 05:10 PM
:sl:

Poll Updated - Open until April 15th.

Tania
04-12-2007, 05:39 PM
CATS BEHAVIOUR

10 HUMAN HABITS THAT DRIVE CATS C-R-A-Z-Y!

Dirty litter boxes

Picture for a moment, your home minus a clean bathroom. Your only option: a pungent port-a-potty in the backyard. You find yourself wishing for the lung capacity of an Olympic swimmer so that you can hold your breath and complete your deed before you need to inhale. Disgusting, right? Some cats belonging to delinquent litter box-scooping owners feel the same way.

"Cats are fastidious by nature so a dirty litter box is downright disgusting," says Dr. Moon-Fanelli. "They deserve a box that is scooped every day * and more than one box if there is more than one cat in the household."

Solution:
She offers a few other feline-friendly gestures: skip the perfume-scented litter, lose the lid (for many cats, the hooded boxes trap odors inside the box, causing them to gasp or, seek a new place to potty * like behind your sofa.).
Win over your cat by actually cleaning the box and re-filling with clean litter once a week. Location is also key. Pick a private, quiet place in your home * not next to a noisy washer machine or deep in the dark corner of your basement.

- Qatada -
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM

lol! subhan Allah! is that cat really sitting on the toilet to go to the bathroom?

Tania
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM

The Feline Evolution® CatSeat™ Cat Toilet Training System
is the healthy alternative to an ordinary litter-box. Recommended by veterinarians and leading health care professionals, the CatSeat™ separates your cat(s) from touching and tracking dirty litter. The intuitive design and well thought out construction features multi-purpose textured shelves. Not only do they conceal the litter and waste below, they provide comfortable footing that replicates the feel of litter for your cat(s). Because the cat(s) never come into contact with the actual litter once trained (either on the floor or mounted), this eliminates the tracking of litter and germs throughout your home. The hygienic benefits of this are obvious.

BenefitsThe CatSeat™ may be used on exclusively on the floor in place of your litter-box. Cleanup is as easy as a “lift and toss” of the self-closing disposable bag (available in the Litter Supplies section) into the trash. This product also provides the proven option to completely toilet train your cat(s). Simply replace your existing toilet seat with the CatSeat™. Shelves hide the water below and a simple push of the paw-shaped button easily transforms the CatSeat™ into a normal toilet seat for human use.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can the CatSeat™ toilet train my cats(s)?
Once your cat(s) is successfully using the CatSeat™ as a replacement to the litter-box, it is designed to mount to your toilet. From here it's as simple as the self closing bag releasing from the bottom, and gradually introducing the water below. The key to successful toilet training is to make the process extremely subtle and easy to follow. This is the cornerstone of the design of the CatSeat™.

Does the CatSeat™ function like a regular toilet seat?
If you decide to mount the CatSeat™ to your toilet, it functions exactly like a regular toilet seat. It lifts up and operates just as you would expect. With the simple push of a button, the shelves disappear into the center. This way you are not using the same area as your cat(s). It is almost as if they have a separate seat all to themselves.

What is the ideal age to start my cat on the CatSeat™?
It is recommended that a kitten be at least seven months old before starting to toilet train them with the CatSeat™. It is also slightly oversized to accommodate much older cats. Any age cat can use the CatSeat™ on the floor in place of a litter-box.

Can more than one cat use the CatSeat™?
Yes they can. It is important that each cat becomes comfortable with the level of litter provided before moving on and further reducing the available amount. If your cats are currently using separate litter-boxes you may choose to reduce the number of litter-boxes to one prior to receiving the CatSeat™. This will help them get comfortable sharing a litter-box. The largest number of cats successfully trained to the CatSeat™ is seven (this was accomplished using two CatSeat™). Obviously, the larger the number, the more difficult it becomes.

Source

Kittygyal
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
salamualikum.

Belive it or not one of my cat and his ''new'' crew one of my pup run to the toilet to have a toilet it's funny because when my pup is on the toilet my cat sits and watches it. Last time my brother was keep an eye on them and they were playing on the floor with one another until my little nephew came and screamed they got scared grr. It's always good to have pets clean I love my animals
Ma'assalama

syilla
04-13-2007, 12:49 AM

lol! subhan Allah! is that cat really sitting on the toilet to go to the bathroom?
i used to have the cat that go to toilet to do his business. :D

but it is sometimes quite troublesome :-[ (to see something left behind)

Chiteng
04-13-2007, 04:28 AM
I truely believe that Cats are God's most perfect creation.
They exist to humble Man, and they do it very well.

You dont adopt a Cat. The Cat chooses, to adopt YOU.

Tania
04-13-2007, 04:36 AM
i used to have the cat that go to toilet to do his business. :D

but it is sometimes quite troublesome :-[ (to see something left behind)
I would like if my cat would use the toilet but i think its must be in cats nature or her will to do that. Have you trained her or it just happened :?

Talibatul Ilm
04-13-2007, 05:11 AM
subhanAllah. yesterday my husband 'rescued' a 6 week old kitten and the man told us she was trained. and we just believed him =\

alhamdulillah she used the box twice today, but not too long ago she went on my WHITE SHEETS! im so mad at her, ya Allah! my mother is going to flip if she finds out lol. but shes so adorable! i just read up on some tips with kittens that are in the process of training. duhhh i should have read that before!

kitty toilet?! thats crazy subhanAllah! lol. it looks odd to me =/

snakelegs
04-13-2007, 06:22 AM
voted bring home dog or cat (or any number of other critters) without considering the cat's feelings....because that's the one that's the most likely to happen here.
i was lucky - the first night i kept my expensive retired pigeon eating monster in the house - he used his box and has used it ever since.

syilla
04-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I would like if my cat would use the toilet but i think its must be in cats nature or her will to do that. Have you trainned her or it just happened :?
it was trained by her previous owner. it must became a habit for her. I think the whole family was toilet trained.

syilla
04-13-2007, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
voted bring home dog or cat (or any number of other critters) without considering the cat's feelings....because that's the one that's the most likely to happen here.
i was lucky - the first night i kept my expensive retired pigeon eating monster in the house - he used his box and has used it ever since.
wow..clever pigeon. I thought pigeon is the kind which do it everywhere..:exhausted

Tania
04-13-2007, 06:12 PM
CATS BEHAVIOUR

Blaring music

Listening own music to avoid the owner shoutings:-[
As your cat naps on the sofa, you rudely slip in a Bruce Springsteen CD into your stereo and crank up the volume until your walls shake. Yowl! Your cat heads skyward, lands harshly and then dashes to the opposite end of your home. Reason: feline ears are much more sensitive than human ears. They have more hair cell receptors and their cone-shaped ears capture more sounds.

"Playing loud music actually may be painful to them," says Dr. Moon-Fanelli. "I find that my cats are much more comfortable when I play classical or jazz music than when on play rock music on a high volume."

Solution: Pump down the volume or wear headphones when you want to blare music. Or, Opt for classical or jazz radio stations or CDs. Cats seem to like these musical styles best, :statisfie perhaps because they are rhythmical and don't pack surprise beats.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-13-2007, 06:52 PM
^^Awww :giggling: They look cute wit da headphones ;D lol. My cats do that. They sit on the PS3 and X-Box cuz its rite where da window is ;D

starfortress
04-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Animal+Music,they look cute and weird too.:D

"Playing loud music actually may be painful to them,"
Agree with her.Because my cat will greatly shocking when he heard a very loud or noisy sound,sometimes he run away till hit the chairs:exhausted you cannot imagine how his face reaction.

Tania
04-14-2007, 06:19 AM
CATS BEHAVIOUR

Super-stressed humans

Cats tune in like four-footed mood barometers. They know when you're:
  • happy,
  • sad,
  • angry,
  • and bummed.

"Cats read our body languages so well," says Dr. Wright. "When we're stressed, our muscles tend to be tight; our posture rigid and our pupils dilated * not inviting signs to a cat."

Solution:
Recognize that you can't totally control your life and more importantly, remember to savor positive moments and events. "When you come home from work, try to spend a few minutes with their cats," says Dr. Wright. "Spend quality time talking with your pets every night and think of good things that happened that day that you can share with your animals. They may not understand your words, but they do understand your tone. This activity can help reduce the stress in you."

Keltoi
04-14-2007, 03:57 PM
I live way out in the country, and my cats are fairly wild. The only time they show up is meal time. I would be a walking band-aid if I tried to put headphones on them.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-14-2007, 05:03 PM
They only come if and when I have a Quranic recitation on :D

- Qatada -
04-14-2007, 05:17 PM

When ours were small, we would put food in their plate and tap the plate so it makes a bell kind of sound.. so they would know that the foods ready, and when they were older, if we ever tapped the plate after that - they would always think its time to eat.

Allaah's made them well clever masha Allaah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-14-2007, 05:19 PM
^^Yeaaaa lol. When I open the food can, they'll be so far from the kitchen but they'll hear it and come running. And when I'm about to put the food down, they'll start jumping and meowing at it;D Soo cute :D

Tania
04-14-2007, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^Yeaaaa lol. When I open the food can, they'll be so far from the kitchen but they'll hear it and come running. And when I'm about to put the food down, they'll start jumping and meowing at it;D Soo cute :D
That would be great if you could photograph :D

Pk_#2
04-14-2007, 07:33 PM
awww i wan ur cat jazzy!!!

GIV DEM BIG HUGS from meeeeeeee

i LOVE cats :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :-[:-[:-[:-[ :D

Peace

'Abd al-Baari
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM

i LOVE cats
lol me too :-[
but i'm not allowed to get coz my dad's allergic to their fur or something
Inshallah when i'm older and get my own place i'll get one

Pk_#2
04-14-2007, 07:42 PM
That's what i'm thinking,

Same reason well close, my bro turns our house into the itchy and scratchy show, he's only two and my rents don't want him to suffer, they were gonna get rid of him (the cat not ma bro), but he got lost when we moved houses,

he? its a she!

lol lost it!!! AsalamuALaykum.

Kittygyal
04-14-2007, 07:43 PM
salamualikum.
^ Hey *shocking looking*

But..but....but why don't tell ya papa to stay away from poor little kitty?? Erm ya he's got a point though 'cos the cat can erm leave furr on stuff so ya when you move out :D

Overall, Respect blud you love cats lol

Ma'assalama

Psst... am i? or am i not? wriiting an essay lol

Khayal
04-14-2007, 08:55 PM

Voted!!

snakelegs
04-14-2007, 10:20 PM
They only come if and when I have a Quranic recitation on :D
you have islamic cats!
my cat rocks - he gets to hear qawwali all day.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2007, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
awww i wan ur cat jazzy!!!

GIV DEM BIG HUGS from meeeeeeee

i LOVE cats :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :-[:-[:-[:-[ :D

Peace
I will!!!!!!!!!!!!! :statisfie

you have islamic cats!
Lol, they luv it. They go to sleep listening to it. You can tell they listen cuz their ears are standing, literally :D

That would be great if you could photograph :D

I'll get to it soon! I'll post em rite away wen i get em :D But you gotta wait :p

Tania
04-15-2007, 07:01 AM
you have islamic cats!
Does he like it:? Have you tried with him other music too ? what he is doing when hear the music?

Tania
04-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Cats breed

Part XXI Breed profile :Snowshoe Breed:)

Origin :
The first Snowshoes appeared in the 1960s in America, as a result of cross-breeding between a Siamese and a bi-colored American Shorthair producing a sturdy, pointed cat with white markings on the face, chest and feet.

Appearance :
Body:
  • The Snowshoe is a relatively small cat with a lean and muscular stature. It gives the appearance of great power and agility, yet has the look of a runner rather than a weight lifter.
  • The ears are large and triangular. The head will also be triangular and usually has black markings. In purebreds, the eyes are always blue.

Coat:
Coat is short-haired, and is white and gray.

Coat patterns:
Snowshoe cats come in blue, lilac, lynx, fawn, chocolate, and seal points.

Personality
They are generally sweet tempered, energetic, playful, intelligent, and adaptable. They are a very social breed that requires more attention than most cats do, and consequently cannot be left alone for long periods of time. In a typical household they will be friendly to everyone, but will usually devote themselves almost entirely to one person.

[/B]
Intelligence
They are quick, intelligent and also love human company. They also readily accept other breeds of cats, dogs and of course children! The ideal all-round cat.

Grooming
same as the siamese breed

Health
same as the siamese breed

Source
Pictures from Snowshoe society Uk and Karibskats cattery

Tania
04-15-2007, 05:04 PM
CATS BEHAVIOUR

Ill-mannered children

Children, especially those yet to reach their 10th birthday, seem determined to lunge at, loom over, and force bear hugs on cats. When a cat approaches, they can't resist the desire to grab, pat, dress it up in doll's clothes, or worse, give chase.

:(
Solution: "Your cat needs an escape route and a safe zone inaccessible by a young child," says Dr. Wright. "Once your child is old enough to learn and understand household rules, you need to teach them how to behave around the family cat. Say things like do allow the cat to come to you so you can play with it or don't disturb the cat when he is sleeping or eating."

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Aww omg, they all cute! :statisfie lol

Tania
04-16-2007, 10:57 AM
CATS BEHAVIOUR

Shouting

The human equivalent of cat fights -- yelling and speaking in loud tones during a spat with your spouse or your strong-willed teen-ager -- can cause cats to flee and often seek quieter places, like under your bed or deep in your closet.

Trying to ignore the angry owner:-[
"When you fight with a teen-ager or a spouse, cats typically are not sure what's going on," says Dr. Wright. "They go from first being alert, to being interested, and then to being terrified. Cats love ritualistic activities, set routines. They usually don't know how to deal with an upset in routine, like their people yelling. The loud voices often freak them out and cause them to dart out of the room."

Trying to please the angry owner:-[
Solution: Try to focus on solving problems in a civil tone, rather than yelling and finger pointing. If necessary, enroll in an anger management class * to benefit everyone in the household.

Tania
04-16-2007, 11:18 AM
CATS BEHAVIOUR

Conclusion

By heeding the advice offered and practicing good manners, people can bond closer with their cats. Happy, contented cats tend to exhibit less behavior problems.
There is interest between our readers to understand the unique behaviour of the small feline pets and don't expose them to stress. Those which have a buzy day timmings recognize sometimes they can forgot to feed them in time (1 vote) or leave the litter box unscooped for more than 3 days (1 vote).
For those who can respect the daily routine of the cat appear the danger of "too much affection " when the cat is hugged (4 votes) or just get a new partner (3 votes) against his will.

"Keep in mind that they are cats * not little adorable humans," says Dr. Moon-Fanelli. "By striving to learn animal behavior, you can better understand who they are, what their needs are, and really live harmoniously with them."

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM

Poll Updated - Open until Thursday, 19th April.

Tania
04-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Cats breed

Part XXII Breed profile :Chartreux Breed:)

Origin :
The Chartreux may be one of The Cat Fanciers' Association's oldest new breeds. Chartreux history is steeped in legend, even though the breed was only advanced to championship status in 1987. There exists a lovely old legend that the Chartreux lived with, and were named for, the Carthusian monks of France, and perhaps even shared a tipple or two of their famous Chartreuse liqueur!

Appearance :
Body:
The Chartreux is a study in contrasts. Often described as a "potato on toothpicks," the Chartreux has a robust body, broad shoulders and a deep chest, all complemented by medium short, finely boned legs. The Chartreux is well muscled, which would enable the cat to meet its obligation as the fine mouser it is reputed to be in French literature

Coat:
Unlike any other cat, the Chartreux's blue fur is medium in length and woolly, with the proper coat breaking at the neck, chest, and flanks. A dense undercoat gives it resistance and a feeling of sheep's wool.

Coat patterns:
Any shade of blue-gray from ash to slate; tips lightly brushed with silver. Emphasis on color clarity and uniformity rather than shade. Preferred tone is a bright, unblemished blue with an overall iridescent sheen. Nose leather is slate gray; lips blue; paw pads are rose-taupe. Allowance made for ghost barring in kittens and for tail rings in juveniles under two years of age.

Personality
Chartreux quickly become attached to one family and frequently follow their masters from room to room. Known for their dog-like behavior, these cats can be taught to fetch a ball, and most will respond to their names. By tradition, all kittens born in a given year are named beginning with a specific letter of the alphabet for that particular year. Breeders use only 20 letters, omitting K, Q, W, X, Y and Z.

[/B]
Intelligence
The Chartreux is a quiet breed, chirping rather than meowing at things it finds interesting. This intelligent cat is fascinated by television and likes to participate in telephone conversations by chewing on the cord. - telephone lover :giggling:

Grooming
The short thick coat does not require much maintenance. During shedding season you will want to spend some time brushing out dead hairs so that they do not cover your clothes and furniture. If you ever need to bathe your Chartreux, be forewarned that it will take time to get it wet down to the skin. The coat repels water due to its thickness and texture.

Health
Patellar luxation (displacement of the kneecap) is sometimes seen in Chartreux. This condition, when mild, does not usually cause any symptoms in the cat, but if it is severe, it can cause lameness. Because this condition is hereditary, most reputable breeders screen their breeding animals for it and do not use questionable animals for breeding. You may want to ask questions about patellar luxation when you talk to breeders.

Source
Source
Source

Pictures from: Chartreux Cat Club

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-16-2007, 05:59 PM
aww look at the little kittens!!! :p

Tania
04-16-2007, 06:19 PM
aww look at the little kittens!!! :p
and i like how they sent the owner to sleep somewhere else because they are in bed:statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-16-2007, 09:32 PM
^^hehe :p But how can they send them away, when the owner is there taking the pic:? ;D lol

Khayal
04-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Voted on Chartreux Breed !!

n

love this pic.

Tania
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
CATS AND OTHER PETS

INTRODUCTION

Despite their reputation for unfriendliness, cats can and often do become friendly with other animals. Cats who through some mischance have lost their kittens are especially prone, perhaps through a hormonal impulse, to adopt and mother the most unlikely small fry. Little chicks, ducklings, rats, mice, squirrels, rabbits, puppies – the list may well be endless – have all at one time or another lived in harmony with cats.

The nursing cats can adopt too other small pets, like in the following news:
Mother Cat Adopts 6-Day-Old Puppy Charlie

Even the worst enemies become friends when it comes to love. Dogs and cats are worst enemies but a mother cat literally adopted a 6-day-old pup after its mother abandoned it.
Satin – a mother cat has proved the fact that there is no bond or relation as stronger as a bond between a child and mother. She adopted a six-day-old abandoned Rottweiler puppy along with her own kittens and is presently nursing her. Workers at the Meriden Humane Society have named the pup Charlie who now plays alongside the black and gray kittens recently born to Satin.

Charlie's mother was spotted near a road in Meriden after she gave birth to two puppies, out of which one was stillborn. Scientists say the presence of stillborn in the litter makes it difficult to adopt the healthier pup.

According to volunteer Chris Chorney, who bottle-fed Charlie every two hours, "The kittens scrum up with him and the kittens treat him like one of their own. There's a certain social benefit of small animals being with each other."

Somewhat more difficult, because it has not been arranged by the cat, is keeping alien pets together under the same roof. Usually this involves dog and cat, and the results are unpredictable, though successful often enough to be worth trying

Tania
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
CATS AND OTHER PETS

Rabbits

Rabbits character
These animals are an entirely different "beast" than cats. Unless you already have experience with them and knowledge of their needs and behavior, you must be willing to do some research and gain at least a basic understanding of rabbits. Their needs are similar to but at the same time, very different from a cat's needs. A rabbit that is confined in a cage to prevent house soiling will not be much of a companion for your cat. Therefore, house training your rabbit is a must. Without supervision, behavior training and rabbit- proofing your house, a rabbit can and will chew your belongings.
Paws & Peanut -
Behaviour issues
Can you understand rabbit language? What does it mean when its ears are back, forward, only one ear back, to the side, etc.? What does it mean when the rabbit lunges, circles or begins furious thumping when it sees your cat? Do you know what these signs mean? Are these signs of affection or hostility? What will you do when you observe these behaviors? At least with another cat, you're already familiar with feline language.

The perfect rabbit size
There are benefits to consider as well. While each can be extremely competitive with members of their own species, cats and rabbits can have harmonious, non-competitive companionship with each other. Introducing a half-grown or mature rabbit of a medium to large size breed is the recommended preference. A younger or smaller rabbit can trigger a cat's predatory instincts.

Presenting the rabbit to the cat:)
Have a friend bring Bunny to your home in a carrier. Set the carrier down in a quiet corner of a room and let the two see and sniff each other while separated. If they seem to get along, find a permanent location for your rabbit's cage. Make sure the rabbit has a secure place inside his cage to retreat to if he feels threatened. At least once a day, lock your cat in another room and let Bunny explore your home on his own. Watch both Kitty and Bunny get to know each other through the safety of the cage. If after about a week, they seem to like each other, then leave the cage door open and let them discover each other without a barrier separating them. Wait another couple of weeks before leaving them alone together.

Daily activities
A relationship between a cat and a rabbit can be very close. It is not unusual to find them licking and grooming each other. Cats and rabbits will often play together, usually with the rabbit chasing the cat. This game breaks up the daily boredom and gives them something interesting to do. Neither one takes the game too seriously, and neither feels the social pressures of same-species interaction.

snakelegs
04-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Does he like it:? Have you tried with him other music too ? what he is doing when hear the music?
of course he likes it - he is a Sensible cat.
what does he do when he hears it? - nothing but admire my exquisite taste in music! ;D

Al_Imaan
04-18-2007, 05:53 PM
i chose the Chartreux Breed ....wats up with the dark shade around the other ones eyes...:X

Tania
04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
CATS AND OTHER PETS

Birds

Wikihow
A good advice
Don't do it. Cats are predators, and these creatures are their prey. In the home environment, their presence can frustrate your cat. Your cat's presence will stress and terrorize them. One mistake or accident that leads to an escape of one of these little pets can be fatal.

If you are stubborn on the issue
It's possible to keep other animals when you own a crazy cat who likes to hunt birds for food. When cats are raised alongside birds, chickens, ..whichever animal; they develop a relationship with the other animal. Like, "I won't hurt you." Over time, it just doesn't fit into their brain cycle :giggling: . Silly as it sounds, in one case, two kittens were raised with three chickens. One year later, the two adult cats were frightened of the small chickens! It might've been due to the fact that the kittens had never seen anything so weird-looking in their life.

Steps to introduce the bird
  • Preferably, introduce the cat and the animal(s) who will be living together.
  • Exercise caution during the first encounter. Hold the animal tightly when it is meeting the cat. Ask a friend to restrain the feline as well.
  • Let them sniff each other. If hissing ensues, use common sense and wait a while before another close contact.
  • After about a week of introductions, determine whether or not it's safe to let them frolic freely in an enclosed area. Constant supervision is required.
  • In the case where the two animals do not get along, progress with another week's worth of introductions, then try again.
  • If all goes well, you will be able to have no worries about your cat killing your bird or any other delicate animals.

Tips for a successful meeting
  • Play with the two together. Let them crawl on you...etc.
  • Have treats nearby for good behavior.
  • Show the same amount of attention to each animal.
  • Try capping your cat's claws with store-bought plastic caps to reduce the incidence of injury while playing. Not all cats will let you do this.:X i would not do that

Warnings
  • This procedure is recommended only for interaction between two juvenile animals. Whereas, the adult cat takes a much longer time to go through the introductions. Cooperation may not occur at all.
  • Never leave a cat of any age alone with another animal that may be it's natural prey (eg: birds). Cats still have strong hunting instincts that can be triggered while you are out of the room.
  • Bacteria occurs in cat saliva which can be harmful and infectious to animals, including humans, bitten by a cat. If a bite occurs, it is recommended that the individual receives immediate medical attention, especially those you suspect to have a weaker immune system.

Tania
04-18-2007, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
i chose the Chartreux Breed ....wats up with the dark shade around the other ones eyes...:X
Its the coat:-[ natural black coat which come from the siamese cat.

Al_Imaan
04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
looks like its goin to a costume party...lol...:p

- Qatada -
04-18-2007, 07:17 PM

lol thats shocking subhan Allaah, i never knew cats and birds could be friends in real life.

Kittygyal
04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
salamualikum.
^ OFCOURSE! they can.
Ma'assalama

Khayal
04-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Voted!!

I like these pictures. Tania, my reps are out so you have to wait for them for a while.....

Awww! so cute, MashaAllah.

Tania
04-19-2007, 03:47 AM

lol thats shocking subhan Allaah, i never knew cats and birds could be friends in real life.
I would never try either to make them friends.

Tania
04-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Cats breed

The second winner for this month is:
The Chartreux breed

Woodrow
04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
My favorite Pink Cat pictures:

Pink Cat sleeping on a Pink Pillow

A cute pink cat swimming in pink kool-aid

And finally my favorite 2 pink kittens playing in a pink snowstorm

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Bro..all I see are pink boxes:?

Tania
04-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Bro..all I see are pink boxes:?
I still don't know if this contemporany art will pass from bro Al Madani and will enter in the contest :giggling:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-20-2007, 03:32 AM

Poll Updated. Open till April 22nd.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-20-2007, 03:37 AM
I still don't know if this contemporany art will pass from bro Al Madani and will enter in the contest :giggling:
LoL! Your silly Tania :p I chose NONE. I dont know why buh i guess cuz either one will be hunted or will be doing the hunting ;D That is unless u train them :D

Khayal
04-20-2007, 04:02 AM

Voted on none!!!

snakelegs
04-20-2007, 04:26 AM
voted other because i think there are lots of other pets you can keep with cats if you are Sensible. at the moment i have snakes, lizards, tarantulas, scorpions, roaches, fish and mice (in another room). i plan to install another frog as soon as i find one i like.
(yep, i know i'm nuts) :D

Tania
04-20-2007, 07:03 PM
LoL! Your silly Tania :p I chose NONE. I dont know why buh i guess cuz either one will be hunted or will be doing the hunting ;D That is unless u train them :D
I just tried because its so hard to choose to keep only one pet.:-[

at the moment i have snakes, lizards, tarantulas, scorpions, roaches, fish and mice (in another room). i plan to install another frog as soon as i find one i like.
(yep, i know i'm nuts) :D
I will try to find more data about them next time :) It will be a free frog in the pond or you will keep him in aquarium :?

Tania
04-20-2007, 07:05 PM
CATS AND OTHER PETS

Guinea pigs, mouses, rats and other rodents

No matter how tame a cat, it will always retain strong hunting instincts and care should be taken whenever they are kept together with smaller animals such as hamster and mice which would be their natural prey. With small rodents, it is best never to let the cat come into close contact with them - keep them in a safe, escape-proof enclosure, preferably in a separate room with a closed door which the cat cannot access.

The larger mammals, such as guinea pigs, are usually safe from cats as they are too large to be considered prey. Cats will usually ignore them. However, beware of baby guinea pigs which may be small enough to tempt the cat.

In the case of kittens, their natural curiosity and playfulness is undoubtedly going to result in the kitten trying to play with the guinea pig. Unfortunately, the guinea pig is unlikely to interpret this behavior as “play,” and may find it too rough and threatening. So its better not let the two to interact without supervision.

Source
Source

Tania
04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
CATS AND OTHER PETS

Fishes

Purrfection
Freshwater Aquarium

An aquarium is just interactive television for cats

Yes, its true. To avoid boredom in the cats life, you should have an aquarium in front of which your cat will sit for hours and stare intently at fish in an aquarium, and only lick his lips occasionally. On the other hand, also its true, your cats may find the aquarium inhabitants very appetizing.

The scientific researches proved that the fish likes living in water and must be allowed to remain in its aquarium. To achieve that, like responsable owner of the different pets, you must Be sure the aquarium is on a sturdy stand, and if necessary, secured to a wall. Use an aquarium stand that fits the aquarium and has been specifically manufactured to support aquariums. Keep a tight-fitting lid on the tank.

Pk_#2
04-20-2007, 08:27 PM
I wanted to have more than one choice, ahh well :rollseyes

we had birds cats and fishes all at once and they got on! :)

well wild cats ate our birds and then our fishes died on their own and our cat ran away

end of story. :muddlehea

snakelegs
04-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I just tried because its so hard to choose to keep only one pet.:-[

I will try to find more data about them next time :) It will be a free frog in the pond or you will keep him in aquarium :?
the species i like are called pac man frogs (because they eat and eat and eat and don't really care what, tho you need to feed them stuff that is good for them) or argentinian horned frogs. i had the last one for about 6 years living in a 5 gallon aquarium in the bathroom. they are super easy to take care of. when the temperatures get too extreme they make a skin over themselves and "hibernate". they are exceedingly Boring and spend about 98% of their time sitting and doing absolutely nothing. who knows what they are thinking? :D
here's some pix from the web

Tania
04-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I wanted to have more than one choice, ahh well :rollseyes

we had birds cats and fishes all at once and they got on! :)

well wild cats ate our birds and then our fishes died on their own and our cat ran away

end of story. :muddlehea
Fishes lives around 4 years only:-[ . I am very concerned for my snails but i read if they have a calm life and good conditions they can live upto 7 years.:)

Pk_#2
04-20-2007, 08:44 PM
WE HAD GOLDFISHES AND TROPICAL FISHES (51)

:'(

Tania
04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Boring and spend about 98% of their time sitting and doing absolutely nothing. who knows what they are thinking? :D
Sometimes i wonder if they are content to live so quietly. For me even a cat which sits the entire day at home its very disturbing. I know for their own safe the cats should be indoors.:)

snakelegs
04-20-2007, 08:46 PM
hmmmm... i don't know why my pix didn't show up - they did in my preview.
ok trying one more time

Tania
04-20-2007, 08:51 PM
WE HAD GOLDFISHES AND TROPICAL FISHES (51)

:'(
51 fishes :? Your aquarium must have been big. I have only 3 snails in 30 l of water.

They are cute . I would leave them in the garden. I saw on tv how easy is to make a natural pound.:)

snakelegs
04-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Sometimes i wonder if they are content to live so quietly. For me even a cat which sits the entire day at home its very disturbing. I know for their own safe the cats should be indoors.:)
i think it really is their nature - they are probably all zen buddhists!
desert hairy scorpions are also critters who sit around and do absolutely nothing about 95% of the time. i caught one not that far from where i live a number of years ago and she had babies. i still have 2 of them - they're at least 8 years old now. they are super easy to take care of.
the first one looks more like mine.

Pk_#2
04-20-2007, 09:10 PM
51 fishes :? Your aquarium must have been big. I have only 3 snails in 30 l of water.

They are cute . I would leave them in the garden. I saw on tv how easy is to make a natural pound.:)
yes MASSIVE

£160 or summin! :laugh: i miss my fishes! especially my cat, the birds were dads!

MOMMA hated dem alllllllllllllllll :D

Woodrow
04-21-2007, 12:36 AM
ok trying one more time
The bottom pic. Is that a Goliath frog?

snakelegs
04-21-2007, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The bottom pic. Is that a Goliath frog?
no, they are all argentinian horned frogs, known as "pac man" frogs because they eat anythng that moves. however, the bottom one is an albino. the females can get to be pretty big tho.
they really are a nice addition to the bathroom. i miss mine.

Tania
04-21-2007, 06:31 AM
CATS AND OTHER PETS

Dogs

Source: Triadspca.org
Source: Fabcats.org
Source: Little shelter

Can they be friends:?

While dogs and cats have often been portrayed as enemies, it is usually a great deal easier to introduce a new cat to a dog than to another cat. While both animals may be wary of each other initially, they do not see the other as direct competition and can actually get on very well. If your dog is used to cats he may be excited initially at having a new one in the house but he will soon settle down and the novelty will wear off very quickly. He will begin to see the new cat as part of his pack. Many dogs will live happily with their own cats while chasing strange felines out of the garden, so you will need to take care until the cat is seen as one of the household.

Likewise if your new cat or kitten has previously lived with a dog then it will be much less likely to be frightened for long and will become confident around the dog more quickly.

The steps of the first meetings
  1. You will need to keep everything under control until the dog and cat have got used to each other. Stroke the dog and cat separately but without washing your hands to exchange their scents. The cat will then take on the smell profile of the house and become part of the dog's pack.

2. The best way to do this is to introduce them while the cat is up on a high surface unreachable by the dog (such as a counter or cat furniture). Then bring the dog into the room on-leash. Observe their interactions. A dog that is showing overt aggression, such as lunging, snarling, growling, baring teeth, etc., will probably never accept a cat. The cat is better off being returned.

3. If all is reasonably calm so far, walk the dog around the room on leash. Let the dog go wherever he wants, but don’t let go of the leash in case the dog decides to chase the cat. On-leash, interactions give the cat the opportunity to approach the dog if she chooses, or to find her own routes of escape. During the first few meetings, the cat and dog will probably not interact face to face.
  4. Do not ever let the dog intimidate the cat by barking or chasing. Give him a correction each time he acts inappropriately to let him know these behaviors are unacceptable. On the other hand, if the cat bops the dog on the nose as a warning, that is a good sign and should not be discouraged. When they set up boundaries between themselves, they are beginning to establish a working relationship. Let them interact with the dog on-leash for about 1/2 hour, then return the cat back to her safe haven. Increase the amount of time they are together a little each visit.
  5. It is important to be patient and encouraging in their interactions. If you are relaxed, they too will be more at ease. Always praise friendly behavior profusely. Don’t try to rush the introduction or force them to interact more than either of them are willing. Pressing them to accept each other will only slow down the adjustment process. You should use your best judgment as to when they can begin supervised sessions with the dog off-leash.

Caution
  1. It's easier to introduce a kitten to a dog household than a dog or puppy to a cat household. Cats are very territorial and a cat will usually have a longer period of adjustment if he is an established resident.
  2. Don't let your cat and dog share meals from the same bowl, as their foods are not readily interchangeable. Cats, for instance, require up to 44 percent more protein than dogs and their nutritional needs may not be fulfilled with dog food. Feed your pets in different places, thereby insuring adequate nutrition and less bloodshed.

Tania
04-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Cats breed

Part XXIII Breed profile :Munchkin Breed - the short leg cat:)

Origin :
The Munchkin is a naturally occurring domestic cat breed characterised by unusually short legs. A spontaneous change in the genetic heritage of the cat has introduced a gene similar to that seen in the Basset Hound, Corgi, and Dachshund, which the Munchkin closely resembles. However these cats have been proven free of the spinal problems sometimes found in the Dachshund.

Appearance :
Body:
The Munchkin is a medium sized cat with a substantial, thick semi-foreign body type and a well-rounded chest. Munchkin litters consist of both short and long legged kittens. Male Munckins are generally larger than their female counterparts.

Coat:
Captivating Munchkins come in all hair lengths. Both varieties have plush, all-weather, resilient coats with a lustrous, silky appearance. The longhair Munchkin has the distinction of sporting a beautiful plumed tail.

Coat patterns:
All colours are accepted

Personality
These irresistible cats can do anything other cats can do. Munchkins are able to leap great heights such as counter tops, although many prefer to intelligently find an easier way up. Munchkins movements are described as being like that of a ferret. They can also run extremely fast, despite their short legs.
Munchkins are defiantly exquisite cats full of cat adventurousness that all cat lovers appreciate, fully equipped with personality plus some, palsy-walsy, self-assured, and trainable to walk with a bounce on a leash. With amazement and enjoyment you'll watch these cuddly little cuties accelerate taking corners like small sports cars ducking under house hold objects. The Munchkin is sociable and enjoys company. Friendly and self-assured the Munchkin gets along well with other cats, dogs, and people. They retain their kitten personalities throughout their lives. Munchkins can be a welcome delight in any home.

[/B]
Intelligence
They can be taught to play fetch and to zestfully obey voice commands.

Grooming
As with any feline, a grooming routine should be established early. While your Munchkin is still young, get him or her used to being brushed daily and bathed occasionally. Nail trimmings are also easier when your kitten is acclimated to them early on. Longhaired Munchkins require a little extra care with their coats and a good run-through with a comb or brush every day will go a long way toward keeping them snarl free. Shorthaired Munchkins should be groomed as well, but require brushing only a couple of times per week.

Health
Munchkins are generally sturdy and blooming with good health. They possess none of the spinal issues that occur in some dogs exhibiting the similar short-leg gene. Studies are still being conducted on the likelihood of problems with the joints in their little legs, but as of yet, it appears that their legs are just as healthy as those of a cat of regular size.

Source
Source

Khayal
04-21-2007, 06:21 PM

Cute one!

Tania
04-21-2007, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *ShEeBa*
Cute one!
The cats can conquer anyone...including a dog:statisfie

Pk_#2
04-21-2007, 06:25 PM

aww mashaAllah

this thread makes me want to get a cat!! ahh too many ambitions lol

:p

Khayal
04-21-2007, 06:32 PM
The cats can conquer anyone...including a dog:statisfie

yeah, like here...:D

Tania
04-22-2007, 05:02 AM
Cats breed

Part XXIV Breed profile :Manx Breed - the round cat:)

Origin :
The Manx cat is believed to have originated hundreds of years ago on the Isle of Man, off the coast of England. Since many trade ships docked on the Isle, and all had ship cats, it is hard to tell just what the parent cat really was. Obviously, both longhair and shorthair were represented in the original mutation. Many longhairs were seen on the Isle along with the shorthairs.

Records have been found on the Isle of Man that describe the cat as a mutation of the island’s domestic cats. It is believed that the island cats were involved, however, did some of the island cats come off the ships? We will never really know.

Appearance :

Body:
  • Since the Manx (or tailless) gene is dominant, kittens that inherit it can have a full tail, a short tail, a rise (known as a “rumpy riser”), or no tail (“rumpies”) at all. Breeders have found that it is possible to have all these tail lengths in one litter! Only the rumpy or the rumpy riser are eligible for competition in the championship category at CFA shows. All other tail lengths are eligible for the AOV (any other variety) Class. Many of today’s top breeding females are those that had a long tail when born. Numerous Grand Champions have come from a tailed cat, either male or female. The introduction of a tailed Manx into a breeding program provides a necessary sturdiness.

• Besides taillessness, the Manx is known for its robust and rounded appearance. This breed can actually be drawn with a series of circles! It has a very round head and rounded cheeks which give it a jowly appearance; even more so in the male cat than in the female. It is high in the hind quarters with the back legs much longer than the forelegs, thus causing the rump to be higher than the shoulders. The shortness of back forms a continuous arch from shoulders to rump. The eyes are rounded but set at a slight tilt toward the ear. The Manx should have a sweet expression.

Coat:
There are two types of Manx coats, shorthair and longhair (formerly Cymric). The coat length is the only difference between the longhair and shorthair Manx. The shorthair has a double coat, the outer guardhairs are somewhat hard, appearance is glossy. A softer coat may occur in whites and dilutes due to color texture gene link. The longhair has a silky texture to its coat. The coat will be of medium length, with breeches, abdomen and neck ruff being longer than the coat on the main body. The silky texture is soft, and falls smoothly on the body yet being full and plush due to the double coat.

Coat patterns:
Manx colors and tabby patterns are recognized as described under colors. Color/patterns showing evidence of hybridization (chocolate/lavender/ ticked tabby/pointed or these combinations with white) are not allowed. Cats with no more white than a locket and/or button(s) do not qualify for the bi-color or OMC Class.

Personality
The Manx is a very playful cat as a rule. They can jump higher than anyone could imagine, and it is not unusual to find them perching on the highest point in any room. They have extremely powerful hind quarters. It has been stated by one Manx owner that “Manx are the feline sport cars of the car world with their acceleration and quick turns.” Manx exhibit many dog-like characteristics such as retrieving and burying their toys. They will either be known as a “one person cat” or the “family cat.” However, once they bond with someone, it is difficult for many Manx to be happy in a different home. On the other hand, there are those Manx that readily accept attention from any human source!

[/B]
Intelligence
Intelligents they know how to survive

Grooming
Needs daily grooming

Health
kittens may have health problems due to genetic disorder

Source
Source

- Qatada -
04-22-2007, 10:57 AM

lol how do they keep their balance?

Tania
04-22-2007, 01:36 PM

lol how do they keep their balance?
I found only this related to the cat balance:

Source: Wikipedia
Appearance
Cat Fanciers
Manx is of a hairy basketball with legs. .Balance is important, as well, with all that roundness. The Manx needs proportion, or it will be a fat, furry lump. All parts of the body should "go together"--so that what you see isn't a "head" or a "body" but a complete cat. The short back should rise in a continuous curve to the rump, and the long back legs complete that rounded picture. Because of the back long legs, manx were named cabbit: cat with rabbit legs:-[ The head shouldn't be too large for the body, nor the chest too broad for the hindquarters.

When the proportions are not kept the cat can have serious health problem:
Manx Syndrome

Manx Syndrome is a colloquial name given to the condition which results when the mutant tailless gene shortens the spine too much. It can seriously damage the spinal cord and the nerves causing spina bifida as well as problems with the bowels, bladder, and digestion. Some only live for 3 years oldest recorded was 5. In one study it was shown to affect about 20% of Manx cats, but almost all of those cases were rumpies, which exhibit the most extreme phenotype.[2] Actual occurrences of this are rare in modern examples of the breed due to informed breeding practices.[5] Most pedigreed cats are not placed until four months of age (to make sure that they are properly socialised) and this gives adequate time for any health problems to be identified.

To avoid this, the breeders continues to use tailed cats in the breeding program to insure strong kittens and to reduce the possibility of genetic deformity

Tania
04-22-2007, 02:00 PM
CATS AND OTHER PETS

Poll results

Responsability is the priority when it comes about cats and other pets. Responsable owners should not mix the cats with other pets (4 votes) because they knows the cat have strong natural hunter skills which sooner or later will show up. The responsable owners which can ensure a safe free-cat area prefers to keep one from the following pets: dogs (1 vote;); rabbits(2 votes);snakes, spiders(2 votes). For the interactive television - aquarium with fishes voted only 1 reader.:)
0 Owners would have the gut to mix the birds with cats :giggling:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-22-2007, 08:15 PM
My cats are gone again:'(
We r looking for a house at the moment. InshaAllah when we get one, we'll take em back :D

Kittygyal
04-22-2007, 08:17 PM
salamualikum.
Where they gone, to pets?

Oh inshallah let me know the address then :D

Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
No, the lady who we gave it to before is keeping them for now. And we will be visiting them from time to time. One of my cats scratched her face and got offensive LOL! They dont like her, but they like her husband ;D They peaked out the window as we were leaving ;D Aww miss em =\

Kittygyal
04-22-2007, 08:24 PM
No, the lady who we gave it to before is keeping them for now. And we will be visiting them from time to time. One of my cats scratched her face LOL! They dont like her, but they like her husband ;D They peaked out the window as we were leaving ;D Aww miss em =\
Salamualikum.
Aww, cats are sooo sensitive. Did you kiss them?. When a cat gets used to the owner it will never stay away from it. Did your cats cry when you left? if they were my cats then you should see what my cats do they be in tears and i know when they are upset and cry.
Maybe there is some conection with the Husband :X
You will miss them indeed, see them regulary. Did you buy them of a lady or a propper Vet shop?
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeaaa they were upset. They were crying, like meowing and stuff. One of them wouldnt stop rubbing my face. I had to wash it when I got home ;D The one cat who doesnt stick around us when he's here, he was all over me and my mom today lol. Its the same cat who scratched her lool. My mom held him and he was like hiding his face in her like a baby :statisfie. It was so cute. The lady keeping them, her sister gave us the cats, for free. And my mom said she'd pay for their food when they need it, as long as she keeps the cats with her. My G-d tho, I couldnt stay in her house. She's like a pothead :X Her house always smells like cigs and I couldnt stop coughing and sneezin wen i was there lol. Oh yea, about the address. I will give it to ya InshAllah. Forget that, im gunna invite u to ma wedding too ;D One day, of course! And its not very far away :X lol.

Kittygyal
04-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeaaa they were upset. They were crying, like meowing and stuff. One of them wouldnt stop rubbing my face. I had to wash it when I got home ;D The one cat who doesnt stick around us when he's here, he was all over me and my mom today lol. Its the same cat who scratched her lool. My mom held him and he was like hiding his face in her like a baby :statisfie. It was so cute. The lady keeping them, her sister gave us the cats, for free. And my mom said she'd pay for their food when they need it, as long as she keeps the cats with her. My G-d tho, I couldnt stay in her house. She's like a pothead :X Her house always smells like cigs and I couldnt stop coughing and sneezin wen i was there lol. Oh yea, about the address. I will give it to ya InshAllah. Forget that, im gunna invite u to ma wedding too ;D One day, of course! And its not very far away :X lol.
salamualikum.
Awww. so you never kissed them?. Mashallah hope they do all well and be healthy with the other neighbour inshallah. I don't understand why you never took them with you :enough!: Like a baby aww mashallah :)

I beg ya pardon Cinqo :X i would be utterly surprised if you said that to the neighbour she would growl anywho be happy and thankfgul she's looking after the cats plus you give them FREE to you subhnallah not a person would do that nowadays i got my first ever cat on my birthday when i was a kid now i have 6cats mashallah oh don't forget me 2puppies,1parrot and my nephew Hamsters.

Marriage: inshallah don't worry i don't live far from you either
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Lo, i kiss them when my mom dont look! She tells us not to, even tho she wants too herself ;D I hold them and hug lots! Man i miss em!

Kittygyal
04-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Lo, i kiss them when my mom dont look! She tells us not to, even tho she wants too herself ;D I hold them and hug lots! Man i miss em!
Salamualikum
Aww, do they live far from you?
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-22-2007, 08:52 PM
No, they're nearby :) About 3 miles away. I could walk dere if I wanted too. I've walked way further than that.

Kittygyal
04-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Salamualikum.
Not far then eh?
Ma'assalama

Khayal
04-23-2007, 12:59 AM

I found this very cute pic, thought to share it with you.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-23-2007, 01:04 AM

Poll Updated. Open until Thursday, April 26th.

Khayal
04-23-2007, 01:05 AM

Voted on Munchkin Breed, sooo cute.

snakelegs
04-23-2007, 01:12 AM
i can't vote on this one - both are hideous mutants and i think it is wrong to reproduce them as curiousities something that happens when money enters the picture.
:raging:
give me the plain old alley cat any time.
at first the manx didn't seem all that bad until i read:
Manx Syndrome is a colloquial name given to the condition which results when the mutant tailless gene shortens the spine too much. It can seriously damage the spinal cord and the nerves causing spina bifida as well as problems with the bowels, bladder, and digestion. Some only live for 3 years oldest recorded was 5. In one study it was shown to affect about 20% of Manx cats, but almost all of those cases were rumpies, which exhibit the most extreme phenotype.[2] Actual occurrences of this are rare in modern examples of the breed due to informed breeding practices.[5] Most pedigreed cats are not placed until four months of age (to make sure that they are properly socialised) and this gives adequate time for any health problems to be identified.
in spite of the fact that some breeders consciensciously use tailed cats to reduce the possibility.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-23-2007, 01:35 AM
:eek: how cruel :raging:
but i chose already...i voted the first one. btw sis khayal, that IS cute :p

Keltoi
04-23-2007, 02:55 AM
I have a particular problem I thought I might find an answer for on here. I have a cat. His name is Winston Churchill. He is an only kitten, most mothers have a litter, but that time she only had one. Winston is obese. I'm not talking just a little overweight, I'm talking majorly obese. I've put him on special diet food that he turns his nose up at. He won't look at me for days unless I give him his special fish canned cat food. I know he is going to have a stroke or a heart attack if he doesn't lose weight, but he won't cooperate at all. Any suggestions?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-23-2007, 03:06 AM
I forget but I used to give my cats this snack that i think tastes like chicken. its like chicken flavor. i honestly forget what its called but my cats liked it. I dunno if that helps. Orrrrr u could jus give him less meat throughout the day. How much meat do u give him in one day? I feed my cats meat with water and snack with milk simultaneously every 6 hrs. And they are neither obese nor malnourished. I mean i guess it depends on how much u feed em...:? Does he like to play? Make him play a lot. Get a laser pen and make him chase it :D Not only is it good for em but it looks cute :p

Keltoi
04-23-2007, 03:08 AM
I forget but I used to give my cats this snack that i think tastes like chicken. its like chicken flavor. i honestly forget what its called but my cats liked it. I dunno if that helps. Orrrrr u could jus give him less meat during the day. hw much meat do u give him in one day? I feed my cats every 6 hours with meat and water and snack with milk simultaneously. And they are netiher obese or malnourished. I mean i guess it depends on how much u feed em...:?
I really don't over feed him. He was born fat and has pretty much stayed that way. I give him his special diet food three times a day, which is what the vet told me to do. Sometimes though he looks so disappointed and miserable that I cave in and give him his canned food. I might have to simply ignore his threats and attitude problem and stop the treats altogether. :D

Abdul Fattah
04-23-2007, 03:11 AM
dunno if this is a double post, but this is hilarious
http://seehere.blogspot.com/2006/11/...whole-lot.html

Keltoi, my aunt had a cat like that. Once when she was on holiday the cat stayed over at our place. At that time we had a young cat (2y old). The funny thing is, my aunt's cat constantly followed our cat around everywhere. So when my mom fed them simultaniously, the young cat got greedy. she'd eat all she can and then run down. The fat cat slowly ran behind her. Then when they were both down, she'd come up again and continue to eat, by the time he got upstairs she'd go down again, and continue the routine untill she ate all her food and most of his food. After a week or 2 he lost like 2 or 3 kilo's (which is enormous for a cat, but he was really fat, so he could defenitly spare it). So anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, make churchill exercise that way you might be able to give him good food afterall.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Well have u told the vet he doesnt like it? I mean these alternatives dont necessarily work for all cats. So sometimes u gotta experiment wit somethin else. If anything try making him run wtih whatever u got. Laser pens work best i think :thumbs_up. Or u could try my way too :D its up to u! :) Or go with Abduls idea :D They like chasin after "fast" movin stuff. I mean my cats went nuts wit it ;D

Keltoi
04-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. More exercise is probably the way to go.

Pk_#2
04-23-2007, 10:07 AM
jAZAKALLAH FOR SITE STEVE

This is just tooo cute :)

Tania
04-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Reduce the cat weight

STEPS:
To get a cat to lose weight, do the following after consulting with your veterinarian:
1.) Have a thorough physical exam, lab tests, and accurate weigh recorded. Be sure to rule out hypothyroidism or other metabolic disorders.
2.) Feed less food than you have been
3.) Feed foods high in protein and fat and low in carbohydrate
4.) Feed small portions at intervals (2x to 4x per day) rather than continuous free access/ free choice
5.) Increase the cat’s activity/exercise by enriching the cat’s environment - new toys
6.) Reweigh the cat at three to four week intervals to assess your weight loss diet’s progress
7.) Reconsider the total daily amount fed if weight gain or no weight loss is noted
8.) Once the cat is at an idea weight, adjust the total amount fed so that the cat’s body weight remains stable.

Abdul Fattah
04-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Here's one for winston churchill
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=23023
don't undertsand the japanese though

Keltoi
04-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Reduce the cat weight

STEPS:
To get a cat to lose weight, do the following after consulting with your veterinarian:
1.) Have a thorough physical exam, lab tests, and accurate weigh recorded. Be sure to rule out hypothyroidism or other metabolic disorders.
2.) Feed less food than you have been
3.) Feed foods high in protein and fat and low in carbohydrate
4.) Feed small portions at intervals (2x to 4x per day) rather than continuous free access/ free choice
5.) Increase the cat’s activity/exercise by enriching the cat’s environment - new toys
6.) Reweigh the cat at three to four week intervals to assess your weight loss diet’s progress
7.) Reconsider the total daily amount fed if weight gain or no weight loss is noted
8.) Once the cat is at an idea weight, adjust the total amount fed so that the cat’s body weight remains stable.
Thanks for posting this Tania. I'm on a mission to slim down my cat.

Kittygyal
04-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Greetings.
^ Be careful dude.
Take care

Tania
04-23-2007, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Thanks for posting this Tania. I'm on a mission to slim down my cat.
Could we see a pic of the cat, please:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Thats basically what I said :D Every 6 hrs is 4 times a day :p
6am-->12pm-->6pm-->12am. thats 4 :D:D. Meat with water, snack with milk, alternatingly :D wooo lol

Tania
04-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Thats basically what I said :D Every 6 hrs is 4 times a day :p
6am-->12pm-->6pm-->12am. thats 4 :D:D. Meat with water, snack with milk, alternatingly :D wooo lol
Now the cat only needs the interactive toys for playing with his owner:D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
:D:D im gunna go see them again in a bit :p

Pk_#2
04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
ohhh :'(

jazzy! :(

:(

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-23-2007, 07:34 PM
^^lol wat:? :X

Keltoi
04-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Could we see a pic of the cat, please:)
lol...oh the shock and horrow that would follow. Okay, I will try to get that done so all can marvel at his mass.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-24-2007, 12:08 AM
^:lol: ;D I'm sure he looks extra fluffy and cute :p

Tania
04-24-2007, 03:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
lol...oh the shock and horrow that would follow. Okay, I will try to get that done so all can marvel at his mass.
We are waiting to see him, doesn't matter if he is more plumped :-[

Tania
04-24-2007, 04:06 PM
CATS MASSAGE

Its the massage beneficial for cats :?

By : Dr. Schoen
"Animal massage can benefit both you and your pet in many ways. It is a wonderful way to connect with them at many different levels and to share quality time together. It can be done while listening to music, sitting in your favorite chair or couch, laying down in front of the fireplace on a cold autumn day, or while watching T.V.. There are a number of massage techniques depending upon what your goal is. You can use massage just to help your pet relax or to bond with them, to enjoy the magic of touch or it can be beneficial therapeutically in certain conditions. If you notice, pets stretch on their own to relax and keep in shape. :statisfie Certain yoga postures are actually named after animal stretches such as the dog stretch and the cat stretch! However, as animals get older and stiff, they can't stretch and move around as easily. There are many natural approaches to help this including nutritional supplements, acupuncture as well as massage."

Mawaddah
04-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Here I am posting pictures of my FAVORITE kitten, Cha Buri, she is such a gem and I'm head over heels in love with her :statisfie

Cha Buri doing a pose :D

Sweetness!!

Cha Buri Reading :giggling:

Okay she's done with reading now :)

And heres Moon Sera!! :statisfie

:w: :)

- Qatada -
04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
:wasalamex

Maasha Allaah they're well cute when they small.. they become aggressive and lazy when their older though. Probably because we stop playing with them then.

Tania
04-25-2007, 04:08 PM
CATS MASSAGE

When should be done :?

By : Maryjean Ballner
Lacetoleather
Cat Life

Its very important to "work around your cat's schedule.
Massage is something that, if the cat's not ready for it and you're trying to push it on them, it's not going to work; it's just going to make both you and your cat more tense," Dr. Swanson says. Make sure you are in the right frame of mind before you sit down to massage the cat. If you've had a bad day at work, calm yourself down before you try to give your cat a massage. "When you're relaxed, it's more likely your cat will also be relaxed," Dr. Swanson says. "Cats are very sensitive to their owner's emotions. When I'm stressed out, my cats tense up themselves, or they'll run away and hiss at me."
The best time would be when the cat comes to your lap.:statisfie

Pk_#2
04-25-2007, 04:14 PM
AsalamuALaykum mawwiii!!!

i want dem cats mashaAllah soo cute :-[

Nice info tan, when do the cats do their bit? i wan a massage too :p

Nah i get scared when random wild cats hiss :uuh:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2007, 04:29 PM
are we allowed to salaam cats? seriously coz so many times they jus stare at me im like... wat am i suppose 2 do? might aswell salaam em right :eek:

Riya90
04-25-2007, 04:31 PM
^looool

Tania
04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Cha Buri Reading :giggling:
Both are lovely kittens:) with a strong intelectual background but iif i may say the reading was a bit too upseting for Cha Buri after her expression - she looks thoughtful :-[ not to mention her little back paw is up during the reading - so sweet.

jzcasejz
04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
The Munchkin one looks nice.

It's kinda got that Shrek cat look.

Riya90
04-25-2007, 04:41 PM

Okay she's done with reading now :)
aww mashallah :statisfie

- Qatada -
04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
are we allowed to salaam cats? seriously coz so many times they jus stare at me im like... wat am i suppose 2 do? might aswell salaam em right :eek:

lol ask a scholar bro, inshaa Allaah :)

Khayal
04-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Awwww! I like this pic, soo cute MashaAllah..:)

Tania
04-25-2007, 05:04 PM
CATS MASSAGE

Prepairing for the purr...fect massage

By : Rebecca Sweat - Maryjean Ballner
Lacetoleather
Cat Life

• Find out if there are certain areas of kitty's body you should avoid or special massage techniques you should use based on your cat's particular health needs.
  • Don't massage your cat if it has enlarged lymph glands, a fracture or sprain, a cut, ruptured vertebral disk, blood blister, fever, swelling or any abnormal tenderness.
  • If you discover anything unusual about your cat's health while massaging, refrain from further massage until you've consulted your veterinarian.
  • Do the massage when your cat is resting or ready to relax, but not after a meal.

Tania
04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
CATS MASSAGE

The steps for the purr...fect massage

Lacetoleather
Cat Life

• The first step to massaging a cat is to spend a couple minutes gently stroking it as you talk to it. Try to get your cat relaxed and purring.
  • Scratch behind his ear and you will have his undivided attention.
  • Rub the entire ear - even a little stroking on the inside of the tip.
  • Scratch the top of this head (between his ears).
  • Go on to his other ear.
  • Scratch the side of his face, below his whiskers.

• Scratch under his chin.
  • Scratch the other side of his face.
  • (Even a cat you just met is now melting under your touch!)
  • Scratch his ears again, just a little.
  • Scratch the top of his head.
  • In a continuous and fluid motion, stroke from the top of his head
  • down his entire back.

• Using a circular motion with the tips of your fingers, start behind kitty's head and massage the neck in a circular motion. "Put your thumb in one spot and anchor your hand with your thumb, and then move your fingers in a circular motion and pivot on your thumb," Dr. Swanson explains. "Each time you do it you move your fingers around in a clockwise fashion, about a quarter turn each time, and then you move a few millimeters and then do it again, and then moved and then do it again, and so on." From your cat's head and neck, you can gradually work your way down the back to the tail and paws.

Along the cat's back are acupressure points which correspond to internal organs; as those internal organs weaken or become ill, the external points become sensitive, Dr. Swanson explains.

"As you go down the cat's back, each time you find a sensitive spot, picture that as a being a beaver's dam," she says. "You don't want to eliminate the dam, because you don't get results if you visualize something gone. You should visualize the dam slowly going away, as though a couple of logs are loosening up and water is coming through while you're massaging the cat."
  • Stroke down his back only - several times - with your hand wide open to span across his entire back.

• Stroke his entire tail (with your hand all the way around it) several times.
  • He is butter in your hands!
  • If he lays down, offering himself to you completely, take one leg at a time and stroke it from shoulder to paw. Stroke each leg several times.

• Stroke anywhere else he will allow except his tummy, as this is usually seen as an invitation to play (undoing the calming effect of the massage).

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-25-2007, 11:08 PM
:wasalamex

Maasha Allaah they're well cute when they small.. they become aggressive and lazy when their older though. Probably because we stop playing with them then.

No0o0, not true! My cats are MAD hypa....
LoL, I always play wit em ;D They play with my hand like cats do with each other :giggling:

Cute kittens btw sis! Gimme one :p lollll.

Khayal
04-26-2007, 05:19 AM
:sl: n Hi

Sorry!! Tania, the links are expired...:confused: :phew

Tania
04-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Could you upload again the pics:-[ please i can't see the kittens and cats.

Tania
04-26-2007, 09:14 AM
CATS MASSAGE

The Do's and Dont's in cat massage

The Do's

1. Approach your cat slowly and speak in a soothing tone.
  2. Avoid s-sounding words when you speak. The hissing sounds may seem threatening.
  3. Let your cat pick the time and place.
  4. Bring your hand up toward your cat's chin and give him or her time to smell it and accept it.
  5. Use clean hands -- no oils, creams or lotions.
  6. Massage with your hands and never your feet.
  7. Make slow motions.
  8. Pay attention to your cat's feedback signs. Friendly signs include purring, hanging around, kneading, eye blinking, and little cat kisses. Unhappy signs that tell you to stop include wiggling to leave, hissing, low sinking back, loud meows, hard bites or scratch attacks.
  9. Repeat a technique your cat likes.
  10. Look for ticks, fleas, cuts, scratches, swellings or lumps. Alert your veterinarian should these conditions continue.

Waiting for a quality massage :-\
The Dont's

1. Don't press too deeply -- you could harm your cat.
  2. Don't massage your cat when you feel stressed or hurried.
  3. Don't force a massage on a cat.
  4. Don't try to substitute massage for medical treatment for conditions such as arthritis. Let it complement the care plan devised by your veterinarian

- Qatada -
04-26-2007, 12:20 PM

lol subhan Allah ^ i seen that pic somewhere before.. i think its an msn display pic aswell.

Tania
04-26-2007, 12:33 PM

lol subhan Allah ^ i seen that pic somewhere before.. i think its an msn display pic aswell.
I found it with google search for massage the cat. :)

The third winner of this month is:

The MUNCHKIN BREED

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM

Poll updated. Open until April 29th.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Lol, of course i would! I always do. So they purposely lay like that waiting for one ;D. A rub on their tummy, back, head. They all jump up for one too when my hand is in the air :p lol. They literally stretch out :D. Aww I miss em yo lol.

Khayal
04-27-2007, 05:46 AM
:sl: n Hi

Voted on the 1st option.

Tania
04-27-2007, 05:02 PM
CATS MASSAGE

How can you know if you're being too gentle or too rough in a massage?

By : Cat life

You watch the cat's face," Dr. Swanson says.
  • Bad: If the cat tries to run away or it meows or hisses, then you're doing it too roughly:

Rough massage
  • Medium: "If the cat is daydreaming or looking around the room and it's not paying attention to you, then you're doing it too softly -- you don't have enough contract for it to be therapeutic:

• Good: What you want is that look of concentration; the cat has that look of 'ahhhhhh' on its face." If you notice discomfort or your cat daydreaming, change your touch:

snakelegs
04-27-2007, 09:52 PM
ok i confess. i am a bad, evil and wicked person.
i am not about to give my cat a massage, much as i enjoy petting him.
mawaddah - great pix!

Tania
04-28-2007, 04:30 AM
...i am not about to give my cat a massage, much as i enjoy petting him
Sis we are really very dissapointed by your last statement :( Rocky too.

starfortress
04-28-2007, 09:33 PM

Actually im not giving any massages to my cat but it's more like scratching to his head,because he will begging for food if you give a massage to them.

Tania
04-29-2007, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress

Actually im not giving any massages to my cat but it's more like scratching to his head,because he will begging for food if you give a massage to them.
You should try it because reduce the stress and every negative behaviour problem of the cat.:-[

by Rebecca Sweat - Cat life
"If you massage your cat on a regular basis, it's going to have a better sense of its own well-being -- a better interplay with you, and you will have a better interplay with it, " says Carvel Tiekert, D.V.M., executive director of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association.
Benefits:

• Massage has many benefits (see sidebar, "More Motives to Massage"), not the least of which is improved circulation. "When you improve circulation, that means tissues are going to function more effectively," Dr. Tiekert says. "Massage improves oxygenation and the ability of the body to dispose of metabolic garbage, which makes everything work better."

• By massaging your cat on a regular basis, you may actually make your veterinarian's job easier because you will be more tuned in to any health problems. "You will have a sense of what is normal for that cat; if things change, you're going to know and then hopefully do something about it," concludes Dr. Tiekert. You will know if your cat has any skin problems, cuts, lumps or bumps, and you can detect weight loss in its early stages because you're touching your cat on a daily basis.

• Massage can also go a long way in helping solve behavior problems in cats. Aggression towards people or other cats excessive fear and nervousness territoriality, litterbox problems -- all can be helped through massage.

• Realize that massage is a supplement to, not a replacement for, veterinary care. "When pet owners massage their pets at home, that dramatically complements the use of drug treatments, acupuncture, surgery and other therapies," says Judith Ray Swanson, D.V.M., a holistic veterinarian in the Chicago area. "When my clients massage their cats between their visits to see me, I can tell the difference. I can't imagine a situation where massage, done properly, would not be useful."

Tania
04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Cats breed

Vote for the monthly breed:)
The 3 finalist competitors are:
The American bobtail breed - 8 votes:

The Chartreux breed - 5 votes:

The Munchkin breed - 15 votes:

Tania
04-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Cat Massage - Poll reasults

6 readers were agreed that Massage is an excellent relaxant for cat and owner and once you get to know the 'feel' of your cat you can quickly spot anything out of the ordinary that might need treatment sooner rather than later. Massage is regularly used by physiotherapists who can assess the condition of, and any damage to, muscles, ligaments and tendons.

2 votes goes only for a good pat - which also will create a special bond between the owner and cat

1 reader would like to see the cat from distance and if its not possible to avoid the feline would touch her - like last resort.
and
1 reader voted for Cha Buri cute pose.:statisfie

Tania
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
CATS NAME

The meaning of the top 10 female cats name

By : Dr. Debra Primovic

1. CHLOE – Cats named Chloe are often larger breed cats with very loving and loyal personalities. They aim to please and can be quite “care-free”. Origin: Greek. The meaning is: Greek Shoot or fresh young blossom:

Chloe in the office

Another Chloe
2. LUCY – Lucy is a name often given to spoiled cats. Lucy's are loved and given lots of attention and time. They are alert and not much gets by them without them knowing about it. Many cats named Lucy are described as “beautiful”. Origin: Latin. The meaning is: Light and learning.Most Lucy's are smart cats and good problem solvers:

Lucy having a good time

Lucy sleeping after birdwatching - i hope she didn't solve the bird problem :-[

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-29-2007, 07:05 PM
^^Aww cuties :statisfie :D

Snowflake
04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Some funny cat vids - really cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GWPOPSXGYI&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjVi7...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHee...elated&search=

The last one is of talking cats :uuh:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-29-2007, 10:53 PM

Poll Updated. Open until Thursday May 3rd.

Al_Imaan
04-29-2007, 10:54 PM
AMERICAN BREED!...the munchkin is cute too...:)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-29-2007, 10:55 PM

Vote American Breed too! So cute tail! :)

:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-30-2007, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
AMERICAN BREED!...the munchkin is cute too...:)
Same here! If we could choose both, I woulda done that lol.

Khayal
04-30-2007, 04:07 AM

Voted!!

snakelegs
04-30-2007, 04:13 AM
voted chartreux - very prety cat

ژاله
04-30-2007, 07:20 AM
cats scare me a lot...:scared:
if i see a cat near me, i scream as if it were a monster...
all people make fun of me due to this lol
and i cant touch them,i cant touch any animal even a chick.:-[
you people love animals,play with them?
you are brave really:thumbs_up
poor me:laugh: :phew

Tania
04-30-2007, 09:54 AM
CATS NAME

3. CLEO – Cleo is a common cat name, which is well suited for the noble looking cat. Most Cleo's are beautiful with lovely coats and a regal aristocratic personality. They seem to like attention and know their worth. They love to have a soft bed and like to be petted. Origin: Latin. The meaning is: a Patrician, aristocratic and noble.

Cleo - a longhair tabby:)

Cleo in her bed:)
4. PRINCESS – The name “Princess” is often associated with smaller breed cats with a lot of charisma. At least they show charisma to their owners but it may not be obvious to their veterinarian or groomer. They like to look “pretty” and are often dressed in pink clothes, collar or bandanas. Origin: English. The meaning is: Royal Daughter.

Princess peach:-[ - Norwegian Forest breed

and the princess outfit

Tania
04-30-2007, 04:10 PM
ENTERTAINING THE CATS

Can tv be harmful for cats :?

"Television is one of the greatest inventions of all time." - Chuck Gallozzi
A sentence with which every cat seems to be agreed::D
Question
I have a 52" wide screen projection TV. I love it. But apparently, so does one of my cats. I swear that Luna is actually watching the screen--usually commercials with a lot of movement. But he also seems to watch programs with people moving around. Is he really watching? Is it confusing for him? His eye movement suggests he's actually following the action. But he seems to drone off to sleep while watching, too. Does TV have the same beta affect on cats brains as it does on humans--that is, does it make them doze off?

Cat watching bugs video
And, while on the subject of TV, I also have catsitter DVD's with squirrels and birds and other cats. I wonder if it frustrates them. I've seen my cats go behind the TV set, seemingly trying to find out how the animals got into the TV.

Cat watching the same video
All of this may seem like funny behavior. But is there anything to be concerned about cats watching too much tv?

Another cat fascinated by a movie:)

Answer by Norman Auspitz - CFA judge and breeder in the same time
I certainly cannot comment about the effect TV may have on cat beta waves!!!!!

However, I have seen lots of kittens love to watch TV and some cats who do not outgrow it. Cats can be occupied for hours with the "cat sitter" DVD's and VCR's available. I have seen them go behind mirrors and TV sets trying to see where the action went, but I have never known them to get frustrated by this.

I do not think it will harm your cat to watch TV and most of the behaviors you describe are normal. Some cats love to watch TV others ignore it once they are no longer kittens. Like people, it depends on the individual.
I hope you and your cat like the same programs and you will not have to fight your cat for the remote.

- Qatada -
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM

loll, next they'll probably be cat tv presenters.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
lol looking at the pictures, it reminds me of when my cats r sittin at my desk looking at my computer screen. When they see the mouse moving, they follow it like with their heads then finally will try to grab it. But I dont like it cuz they might end up screwing up my screen. It looks cute tho ;D

Pk_#2
04-30-2007, 05:47 PM
^^ awwwk! cute

i voted the top monkey :D i mean cat

buh munchkin is cute aZZwel :D :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
:D:D yea loool :p

Tania
04-30-2007, 06:09 PM
ENTERTAINING THE CATS

Can cats really see TV or Videos :?

by Kitty Show
  • Cats can see TV and most cats do watch TV. They just don't like most people shows.

bored cat by politics channel
  • The Nature Channel and Animal Planet type shows will sometimes catch your cats attention. Some cats may like sport programs that show rapid movement, like a Hockey game.

football game
  • There are videos made for cats to watch using various types of animals. Choose videos that have jerky movements and ALL nature sounds. Cats generally do not like "music" on videos while watching animals, as it can be distracting.

• Fish type videos usually do not work well, although a few cats may enjoy. - better buy an aquarium:)
  • Bird and small animal videos may work well with some cats. Bug videos work well because most indoor cats have encountered real bugs before, plus they offer more movement and can be filmed near real size. Be careful of videos that "zoom in" too much on birds or other animals. When the animals appear much larger than your cat, it could scare your kitty. Cats will remember things that scare them for a very long time and most cats frighten very easily.
  • Cat's like things THEY can capture, NOT things that can capture Kitty.
  • While watching TV, cats like to be at eye level, close to the screen.
    A stool or chair placed at "pawing" distance works well. If you try a video and your cat does not enjoy, try another.

• Cats do have individual "tastes" just like humans. - how sweet:) Cats also love variety.
  • Cats do not see the colors on TV as we do.
  • They appear to see Red colors as muted shades of gray.
  • This can cause a cat to not see some objects and animals, which is known as "Masking".

• The picture of a TV screen is comprised of Red, Blue and Green dots. All colors we humans see on TV are created by mixing these three colors. Since cats cannot see red on TV, the color balance is much different for them. Cats will only see the colors produced by combining Blue, Green and Gray. Objects that are red or contain any red hues against gray, tan or brown backgrounds may be extremely hard for cats to perceive. If you were to adjust your TV hue or tint all the way to the green side, you would get an idea of what a picture looks like with no red hues. Although not exactly what a cat would see, it does illustrate how hard it is to see objects that were easily seen when red was part of the picture. That is why Kitty Show invented the "Serpia" Filter. It changes red colors and hues into primary colors cats can easily see. It also "defines" outlines, particularly in the gray tones.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-30-2007, 06:15 PM
^^The last one is so adorable!!!! loool :statisfie

Tania
04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
^^The last one is so adorable!!!! loool :statisfie
He has to turn on alone the tv, the owner forgot to do that. You have to move the chair near to tv and let the kittens to watch it. Meanwhile take pics to can see them too :) - when will come at home.

Pk_#2
04-30-2007, 06:22 PM
aww yeahh jaz last one looks abit like u, sooo cute :D

hehehehe lool

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-30-2007, 06:25 PM
:lol:! it doesnt look like me ;D
Well Tania, we brought them home yesterday for a few hours cuz my mom needed to give them a bath. The woman doesnt even bother. Plus I dunno how our cats got outside of her house, they got dirty. And they didnt have their shots or netin. So we cleaned em, chylled wit em, let em dry, they slept the whole time too. Then we gave em. We r trying to get em back soon :)

Pk_#2
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM

If your looking for mano i nicked HIMM

hes mineeeeeee

LOOK EVERYBODY JAZZY'S KITTTTTY!!!!!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-30-2007, 06:37 PM
^^LOL! ur weird :p
I already put these pics up. And they r bigger than that now :D:D

Pk_#2
04-30-2007, 06:44 PM
:scared::yawn::'(imsad:mmokay:

lol

fair nuff.

Tania
05-01-2007, 03:08 PM
CATS NAME

5. ANGEL – Angel is a name often associated with a quiet tranquil cat. They are thoughtful, loving and very loyal. They are often suspicious of strangers and slow to warm up to new people. They are trustworthy friends and good at keeping secrets. Origin: English. The meaning is: Angel; Messenger; kind and lovable.

What secrets must he keep :? :)
6. MOLLY – Molly is a great cat name. Molly's come in a variety of sizes and shapes and are generally gentle and sweet natured. If you look into most cats' named Molly's faces – they actually have “pretty faces”. Molly's are generally very trusting. Origin: Hebrew. It is believed that Molly is a variant of Mary, which itself is a variant of the Hebrew name. Miriam, which has several meanings, including "sea of bitterness" and "wished for child”.

a trusting cat :)

InToTheRain
05-01-2007, 03:22 PM

My friend had a cat once and he dashed it in the Bin out of anger cos it stank up his bed wid its poop instead of using the litter :cry: but of course it was a temporary measure is his counsciounce got to him and the cat.

Then the cat started putting fur all over the place as its hair started coming out, donno why, and it killing his beloved easy to maintain goldfish. Thats when he got :raging: and chopped it in 4, fried it with some onions and curry powder as standard and served it to the cat. he eventually gave the cat to someone else with no regrets.

I was thinking bout getting one for me niece but seems too hard to maintain so meh. Insha'Allah she doesn't lose love for her Tomagochi.

Mawaddah
05-01-2007, 03:35 PM
^ :eek: your friend actually chopped up his goldfish!!! How brutal :cry:

I've tried massaging my cats, and Hanabishi has turned very spoilt by it in such a short amount of time :mmokay: now he comes to me all the time even when I'm making salaat and startings meowing in his terribly loud bass voice (I call it cat singing ;D) and wont shut up until I give him a massaging :rollseyes

I voted for the American cat :)

Tania
05-01-2007, 03:38 PM
ENTERTAINING THE CATS

What programmes should the cat watch:?

by Franny Syufy

Thats depend on cat preferences but mostly he seems to fall in one from the next categories:
  • He watches TV all the time - the easy cat
  • Only when there is a fly on the screen - the hunter cat
  • Yes, but only nature shows, like the Animal planet Channel - the curious cat
  • She loves videos made for cats - the fuzzy cat
  • My cat prefers the real tv shows - the real cat

Tania
05-01-2007, 03:44 PM

I've tried massaging my cats, and Hanabishi has turned very spoilt by it in such a short amount of time :mmokay:
:statisfie May be other owners will try it too when they will see its nothing wrong with it. The massage has only benefits.:)

Tania
05-01-2007, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah
fried it with some onions and curry powder as standard and served it to the cat.Tomagochi .
The cat should not eat cooked food like humans do. Especially that curry powder. Poor fish :(. Tomagochi is another goldfish :?

amirah_87
05-01-2007, 03:49 PM

The Chartreux breed is beaautiful subhanAllah.. :eek:

I voted for that. :)

InToTheRain
05-01-2007, 05:53 PM
The cat should not eat cooked food like humans do. Especially that curry powder. Poor fish :(. Tomagochi is another goldfish :?
Actually he wanted some for himself. He said it tasted like chiken :O ye he does lose it sometimes.

Tomagochi is like a virtual pet game device where the pet sleeps, eats, poops, the whole caboodle. But it doesn't look like any animale I know, more like a UFO.

here are the pics:

Where would buy a cat and how much does it cost?

Tania
05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah
Actually he wanted some for himself. He said it tasted like chiken :O ye he does lose it sometimes.

Tomagochi is like a virtual pet game device where the pet sleeps, eats, poops, the whole caboodle. But it doesn't look like any animale I know, more like a UFO.

Where would buy a cat and how much does it cost?
No offence but to replace a pet with this electronic thing i see it like a sad back step for us. Would be the best thing to visit a rescue place and take the cat from there or you could pick her up from streets. Thats depend completely from where you live. The cats which are rescued are coming with a health book, including shots, so you don't have to invest in this. If you are picking her up from streets you needs to pay for the doctor bills. The shelters are not asking for price but if you wish you can make a donation there.

If you wants a breed cat you can contact breeders. But usually i would not recommend that.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-01-2007, 08:18 PM
I've tried massaging my cats, and Hanabishi has turned very spoilt by it in such a short amount of time :mmokay:
Hehe my cats got like that. They would keep comin near me for a rub ;D Aww miss em man!

Pk_#2
05-01-2007, 10:40 PM
awww wen u gettin kitties bakkk jazzzzz!!!!!!!!

:D

hanabishi sounds like mod habeshi :p

haha

Peace.

:o|

snakelegs
05-02-2007, 12:20 AM
No offence but to replace a pet with this electronic thing i see it like a sad back step for us. Would be the best thing to visit a rescue place and take the cat from there or you could pick her up from streets. Thats depend completely from where you live. The cats which are rescued are coming with a health book, including shots, so you don't have to invest in this. If you are picking her up from streets you needs to pay for the doctor bills. The shelters are not asking for price but if you wish you can make a donation there.

If you wants a breed cat you can contact breeders. But usually i would not recommend that.
i agree with this. i think it's best to give a home to one of the millions of animals that don't have one and will probably end up dead.
there are always lots of cats up for adoption. all the dogs and cats i've had have either been rescues or adoptions. (in fact i came close to adopting a dog just last weekend - i am dangerous!).
in general, i think it's best to avoid the pure breeds.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-02-2007, 12:30 AM
awww wen u gettin kitties bakkk jazzzzz!!!!!!!!

:D

hanabishi sounds like mod habeshi :p

haha

Peace.

:o|
SOON! InshaAllah :) I actually went to see them today. Just got back :D

Tania
05-02-2007, 03:43 PM
ENTERTAINING THE CATS

DVD for cats

The topic which like to each cat :

Bugs Cat DVD

by: Kitty show
  • I got that bug :)
  • BUGS crawling & fluttering on the inside of the TV screen, as if it were a window. Real BUGS were filmed using the exclusive "Serpia Filter", developed by Kitty Show after more than 2½ years of cat vision research involving color & motion perception. This filter enhances colors cats see best on TV, removes red hues and defines bug outlines.
  • It is the only movie in the world that uses this technology.
  • Both Day and Night views alternate throughout the Video Toy.
  • You can even select which view, Day or Night, to begin with!
  • The sound track includes bugs fluttering and hitting the TV screen combined with other nature sounds cats love. The DVD Video Toy provides your cat with an outdoor hunt in the safety of your home and will help minimize your cats loneliness when he/she is home alone.

Pk_#2
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
That cool, but they might break the Tv set :o|

I duno, just let em be outside :D

Peace.

Tania
05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
ENTERTAINING THE CATS

DVD for cats

The topic which like to each cat :

Birds Cat DVD

by: Kitty show

Continuous non-stop action packed TV entertainment just for your kitty.
  • Featuring some of the most greedy,harassing and nagging birds alive...Blackbirds and Cowbirds!
  • Set against a cornfield, a stick quickly becomes crowded with birds competing to devour the trim on your TV! Soon... greed wins and anarchy begins! Birds are filmed in real size, so no "giants" to scare kitty.
  • All scenes capture landing through takeoff.
  • No bird will ever just "vanish in thin air".
  • Many cats will "single out" the "weakest" bird. Seeing the birds fly away gives your kitty a closure, as in a real hunt.
  • Then.. the next group begins to fly in and "walk the stick"!

Video Catnip

by: Cat tv

Birds Squirrels and Chipmunks; the perfect cast! Cats have been mesmerized and excited for years by the crisp images and quick movements of the best video for cats ever made. This is the one that started it all, with a short musical introduction followed by an all natural soundtrack. The VHS videotape is 25 minutes. The DVD version contains the original 25 minute program, with an additional 90 minutes of footage added, for an approximate 2 hour running time. The DVD auto-repeats for continuous play.

Tania
05-02-2007, 03:51 PM
That cool, but they might break the Tv set :o|

I duno, just let em be outside :D

Peace.
They don't have so much power to damage the tv. And the cats have fun:)

Pk_#2
05-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Awww :)

Peace.

Mawaddah
05-02-2007, 11:17 PM
in general, i think it's best to avoid the pure breeds.
Why is this so? Is there something wrong with purebreeds?

I really dont know much about this kind of stuff, would be glad if you let me know insha'allah.

Mawaddah
05-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I find it so hilarious that people would actually make a DVD programmed for cats lol.

Cats should be playing outside, not turning into couch potatoes :cry:

snakelegs
05-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Why is this so? Is there something wrong with purebreeds?

I really dont know much about this kind of stuff, would be glad if you let me know insha'allah.
i am prejudiced against pure breeds. i'm sure there are many pure breed cats that are just fine.
generally, i think that because money is involved, many breeders breed too young, too close together and sometimes in-breed. but many are honest and love the animals they breed more than the money.
but mostly, i am a bit of a bigot when it comes to pure breeds. i always prefer the mixed breeds.
so you don't have to pay a whole lot of attention to me.

Mawaddah
05-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Here are a few more pictures of Hanabishi in my Study at home. Doesn't it seem that my cats love books :p First Cha Buri and now Hanabishi lol Masha'allah.......Better than T.V. any day! :statisfie

Hanabishi can't find a book that he wants!! Maybe I should add it to my study if he could tell me :p

OOps! not here either...

Okay he's going to look on the next shelf now :giggling:

Maybe he sees something interesting from the books? :?

Yes! he found it! see him pointing with his paw ;D

In the end Hanabishi decides that he'd rather have some chow and relax on a tree outside :) The End.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-03-2007, 04:48 PM
^^Aww adorable MashaAllah. You got a lot of Islamic books there I see :D
I like how they're in sets lol'sz.

Tania
05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Cats breed

The APRIL winner is:)

The AMERICAN BOBTAIL BREED:) with 8 votes

Tania
05-03-2007, 05:59 PM

Here are a few more pictures of Hanabishi in my Study at home. Doesn't it seem that my cats love books :p First Cha Buri and now Hanabishi lol Masha'allah.......Better than T.V. any day! :statisfie
You have to take measures after Hanabishi serious shelfs investigation. - he is sooo cute how we walk up and down:statisfie . and look at his face how serious he is. :)

The books look so good.

snakelegs
05-03-2007, 08:10 PM
i enjoy your pix. your cats will all become scholars and then if you have a question, you can just ask them. very efficient.

Tania
05-04-2007, 03:28 PM
CATS NAME

7. KITTY – Kitty is a common and sweet cat names. Cats named Kitty are often dainty, pretty and a bit “flirty”. They love live and can be really sweet. Origin: Greek. The meaning is: Flirty.

8. SAMANTHA – Samantha is a name given to many different sizes and breeds. One common characteristic is that these cats are smart and intuitive. They seem to know what you are thinking. Some Samantha's can be described as “bewitched”. Origin: English. The meaning is: Female for of Samuel; a listener.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-04-2007, 09:21 PM

Poll Updated...open until May 6th. Sorry for the late update tho :-\

Umm Yoosuf
05-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Masha Allah cute cat. I voted for the last option. I find it quite strange seeing a cat watch T.V :enough!:

'Abd al-Baari
05-04-2007, 09:23 PM

oh...i don't have a cat yet but i've voted anyways :p

Umar001
05-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Lol someone voted for the first option!!

mohammed farah
05-04-2007, 09:28 PM
No, the cat place is not in front of tv.She would damage the tv

FatimaAsSideqah
05-04-2007, 09:42 PM

I do rather the cats are playing themselves than to watch depressing T.V.!:exhausted

:w:

Fi Amani Allah

snakelegs
05-04-2007, 10:34 PM
there is no option for just plain NO!
i don't watch tv - why would i inflict in on my poor cat?

Tania
05-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Photo contest April 2007
Sleeping cats
Category : C Pictures submitted from net:
1. Never let your friend to go:

b.Divorced cats:

2. Curled Huey:

3. Kitten from an exotic island:

4. Don't try to take my food:

5. Sleeping in blanket:

6. Checking up the sofa:

7. Always I need a friend:

8. Asleep on thorns:

9. Pink Cat sleeping on a Pink Pillow

Pk_#2
05-06-2007, 11:47 AM
loll :D

Nice picz

Tania
05-06-2007, 03:17 PM
ENTERTAINING THE CATS

Poll result

- total number of votes : 13, not 12:-[
  • The votes from this poll show that most readers don't watch tv, so that they can't imagine why the cat should watch it (6 votes).
  • 3 readers feels like they could watch with the cat the tv with the condition the feline don't disturb them
  • 2 readers would leave the cat to play in front of tv trying to catch gracious bugs or birds in order to increase her activity
  • 2 readers prefered to vote for Cha Buri - the kitten attracted by books rather than tv :)

Tania
05-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Photo contest MAY 2007
Cats on sofa/bed
In order to avoid any possible stress for cats the next contest will focus on one from the favourite spots of cats in the house - the sofa or bed.
The rules are the same and will be posted until tomorrow.:)

Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Salamualikum.
Here is one of my kitty the youngest one called 'Garfield'
Inshallah i will download the rest 5 cats of mine some other time inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

Tania
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Garfield is very cute and i am waiting to see your 5 cats:statisfie I am sure everyone wish to see them.

Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Greetings.
^ Sis Tania i will download them when i have time God willings because as they are on my cell so please bare with me :)

I would like to share this kitty, it's my friends :D *hope he doesn't mind*
One day am going to kidnap this cat i loove it soooo much :statisfie

Take care, rest in Peace

Tania
05-06-2007, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Greetings.

I would like to share this kitty, it's my friends :D *hope he doesn't mind*
One day am going to kidnap this cat i loove it soooo much :statisfie
I don't know why annoys me so much the hi tech. Its never functional. Even sis Jazzy when had her cats had all kind of tech problems. :( The kitty is sleeping cute until feels safe. If you wish to make a catnap i am sure she will run away. They are very teritorial:)

Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't know why annoys me so much the hi tech. Its never functional. Even sis Jazzy when had her cats had all kind of tech problems. :( The kitty is sleeping cute until feels safe. If you wish to make a catnap i am sure she will run away. They are very teritorial:)
Sis do you mean my computer has problems, or my cats? :-[

Well it won't run from me because when the cat see's my cats it will come running to me :X

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2007, 07:22 PM
^^Aw kittyyyyyyyyyyyyy, cute kitties! You didnt show me wen i asked :cry: lool. Im so hated :(....lol

Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
^^Aw kittyyyyyyyyyyyyy, cute kitties! You didnt show me wen i asked :cry: lool. Im so hated :(....lol
Salamualikum.
You can think whatever you like, enough times i have told you 'i love you' but you never get the message across your brain. It's all in the heart so i don't care what you think because you always think negativly Cinqo!
see>>> :cry: :cry: your making me cry aswel now.
Love ya loool :p
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2007, 08:38 PM
^^LoL, u know I'm playin :D:D luv ya too :p

:sl: :)

Pk_#2
05-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Jazzzzz n Jod ieee jokahs :p

Nah cute pics people :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
^^Hehe, u got a cute one there taz :D lol.

Tania
05-07-2007, 02:04 PM
ITEMS FOR A SAFE CAT GARDEN:statisfie
The cat house
Protection from weather and elements help to extend and improve the quality of life for cats. So if you are caring for an outside pet, a Cat House is the perfect way to make them comfortable in summer or winter.
Strong, durable and well-built, the Cat Houses offer the most outdoor protection available. This will be last Pet House you'll need to buy for many, many years!

by: Cedar Cat House
Features of the cat house:

• The floor should be pressure treated lumber in order to can put the house directly on the ground
  • The roof should be removable for easy cleaning. This also makes it easy to observe and care for new litters.
  • The door made of clear heavy-duty vinyl flaps should be easily removed if so desired.

Accessories
Pet Mats - for Insulated, Waterproof, Flea-Free Comfort and Support!
Features of the mats from closed cell foam rubber:

• Ergonomically correct... comfortable... great lateral support... a must for older animals with arthritic joints.
  • Dust free... anti-fungal... no dies or colors... non-allergenic.
  • Completely waterproof... to provides an efficient moisture barrier on a house floor.
  • Serves as an effective birthing mat... no dust... moisture proof... washable... warm.

Tania
05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
How to take the best cat picture

Photo contest MAY 2007

Rules

• You have to photograph a cat laying on sofa or bed. Are accepted pictures showing your own cats/kittens or which belong to someone else.
  • The readers which are not attracted by a camera are invited to submitt web sites pictures of the cats who are in bed or sofa.
  • For each picture must be specified if was taken by you or submitted from a site
  • Respect the rules posted on pages 79-81 to get a professional picture for the contest
  • Are accepted pictures taken in the house
  • We will automatically reject any pictures where it appears the cat is being forcibly kept on a certain position or the image was edited.
  • Its strictly forbidden to alter the cat face or body position. Let the cat personality to can be seen. Bro Al Madani will check up the pictures technically.
  • One reader can submitt more pictures.There is no limit.

The best picture

Will be voted by our readers for each of the following sections:
  1. best picture of your own cat
  2. best picture of someone else cat
  3. best picture taken from sites.

The submitted pictures will be choose by our readers through the poll system.

Let the best picture to win:statisfie

Mawaddah
05-07-2007, 02:25 PM

Okay time to show off some more of my kitties!! :statisfie

Here is Lee Jun...he is SUCH a wikid little thing and so adorable too at the same time, but he leaves scratches all over my legs because he jumps on them everytime I walk past him :blind:

But he's extra special, as you can see, his eyes are different colors :)

Assalamu'alaikum, I"m Lee Jun, I may look sweet but.....

Dont you dare Mess with me :coolalien

I got vicious claws and.....

If anything even DARES come in my way *snarl* what's this horrendous pink cloth in my path! :raging:

I rip them up to shreds!! *RAWR*:shade:

Okay there's my violent little kitty :giggling:

aLiTTLeTiMe
05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
hah thank you sis : )))

Tania
05-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Ohh he took in his little claws the pink clothes. He is very cute:statisfie and a little hunter :thumbs_up. He has already teeth.:-[

Mawaddah
05-07-2007, 03:10 PM

Yea he's adorable I know :statisfie

And here is Kimchi, he's one loooooovely little kitty masha'allah :)

Dont take my picture!!! :giggling:

Tania
05-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I have the feeling Kimchi try to grab his brother tail:-[ We are in the middle of a kitten tail attack:)

amirah_87
05-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Shilly Lee Jun, That cat looks like it's got issueess!! Jinniy bazzuh!! ;D

Kimchi's cute though MashaAllah!! :statisfie

where's the others Maw?

Mawaddah
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

Shilly Lee Jun, That cat looks like it's got issueess!! Jinniy bazzuh!! ;D

Kimchi's cute though MashaAllah!! :statisfie

where's the others Maw?
Yea he does have issues Princess, he goes around grumbling all day, you should hear him ;D;D

I"m too lazy to post pics of the others right now :p

amirah_87
05-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Lol, what breed is it?

N' Heyyaa!! lift them fingers and show us the pics!! :D

if only I'd taken a pictures of your Multi-coloured Chicks..Lol :p

The poor things.. ;D

Mawaddah
05-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I dunno what breed they are :statisfie

And our multicolored chicks were da bomb whatcha talkin' about :p

Princess go back a few pages and you'll see some pictures of Hanabishi inside our Study :shade:

Okay here is Kimchi and Noonim playing in the leaves :)

Kimchi, Noonim and Moon Sera on the stairs :D

And here is Cha Buri in her little cubbyhole :statisfie

- Qatada -
05-07-2007, 04:24 PM

Maasha Allaah they're really cute..

he leaves scratches all over my legs because he jumps on them everytime I walk past him
Subhan Allaah thats really true.. they stand on two legs waiting.. then pounce on your legs.. and you fear you might stand on them accidentally.. while they kick their back legs on your leg. It's really cute alhamdulillah.

amirah_87
05-07-2007, 04:27 PM

Aawww MashaAllah, lookit them!! :statisfie :statisfie

I saw the Hanbishi pics, but I was too busy eyeing up your books trying to spot a book i liked amongst 'em.
the lisaanul 'arab tab'ah is the same one as the one in the ladies maktabah.. :hiding: and we've got the same "Tahbeedbul Kamaal" as you.. :hiding: an awesome book.. :omg:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-07-2007, 05:33 PM
MashaAllah luv ur cats sis! I miss mine everytime i see someone elses =\.
MAD adorable :D

Tania
05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
I dunno what breed they are :statisfie

And our multicolored chicks were da bomb whatcha talkin' about :p
In 3 weeks or 4 when they will grow a little i will try to establish a breed, if you don't mind.:-[ I like how they are playing with the leaves. So cute.:) Each has beautiful coat. I like how the parents left them to play alone.

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Jazzzzz n Jod ieee jokahs :p

Nah cute pics people :)

Salamualikum
That aint yours for definate

Om.... i wnat 'em :statisfie

ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Kitty why am i last on ur list of names hmm:? :'( loool :D:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.