PDA

View Full Version : Snowy's cats, kittens and other animals thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Kitty why am i last on ur list of names hmm:? :'( loool :D:D
Salamualikum.
Here we go again in *dream land*. It isn't it's the second :statisfie . Do you really care about a name being put in a list on NET or do you really care wether your in my heart or not? names don't mean much but what really matters is that your in my heart so respect Homie, Flex
ma'assalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-07-2007, 06:18 PM
^^Lol, yes, "here we go again." :p LOL! u jus changed it! LIES! nah it doesnt matter :p i jus feel like buggin u :D You forgot to get rid of the plus sign ;D hahahaa

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
^^Lol, yes, "here we go again." :p LOL! u jus changed it! LIES! nah it doesnt matter :p i jus feel like buggin u :D You forgot to get rid of the plus sign ;D hahahaa
Salamualikum.
Ya same here homie flex. Yesh i did change it lol
NO i have NOT forgot to get rid of the plus sign because there more people aswel
Anywho lets get back on topic inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Thats my word son...LoL! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
05-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Nah jo they not mine i googled it, i lost my cat :'(

I wan a cat i love mawwys cats and kitties they are lovely mashaAllah :) :D

Be nice to them and keep an eye on them :)

Peace!!!

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Nah jo they not mine i googled it, i lost my cat :'(

I wan a cat i love mawwys cats and kitties they are lovely mashaAllah :) :D

Be nice to them and keep an eye on them :)

Peace!!!
Salamualikum.
Thought so :omg:
but but but how you lost it? what u did to it that it ran away? someone kidnapped it? did you reprt to cops?
Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Why?! I never said they're mine :(

Accuser! :'( *cwies in the corner*

Peace *gone*

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Why?! I never said they're mine :(

Accuser! :'( *cwies in the corner*

Peace *gone*
Salamualikum.
Chill ze ribena out inshallah chill flex hun :)
Ma'assalama

Tania
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
i lost my cat
When you lost the cat and how happened :(. Very sad to hear that but i am positive she will come back.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-07-2007, 08:50 PM
:sl:

Poll Updated :p Open till...May 10th.

Pk_#2
05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
When you lost the cat and how happened :(. Very sad to hear that but i am positive she will come back.
when we moved houses - she didn't like our new house :'(

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Peace.

Divorced cats ALLLLL THE WAYYYYYYYY :p :D

Tania
05-08-2007, 02:49 AM
when we moved houses - she didn't like our new house :'(
In this case she must be at your ex-house because cats are very territorial pets. :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-08-2007, 02:57 AM
Oh mannn cant we pick at least 2 options :X There is more than one good one lol.
:lol: Ok, who picked the "pink cat on pink pillow" ;D Honestly :D:D

Tania
05-08-2007, 07:43 PM
"pink cat on pink pillow"
Due to the numerous requests and the mistery rised around the "pink cat picture" today in the:
CATS IN THE NEWS
we present the PINK CAT in a special report:
BRUMAS - Cat in the pink over new colour

by:BBC NEWS 24

"A west Devon couple are baffled by how their nine-year-old white cat turned pink after a weekend stroll.

'Barbie pink'

Philip and Joan Worth said they were shocked when Brumas returned home.

Mrs Worth said: "He was pink - Barbie pink. His head, ears and right down his body, although not underneath, had gone a quite brilliant pink.

"We went to the vet on Saturday, but they couldn't find any reason for it, although they decided it wasn't toxic, which was what I was worried about."

Brumas' new colour is not toxic, vets have said
Mr Worth said: "We have thought about everything as to how this happened, from him being covered in some form of cow treatment to children's poster paints.

"We have no clue where he was that could have caused this to happen."

However, paint is not believed to be the cause as Brumas' fur was not matted.

The couple, who adopted Brumas after he was found on Dartmoor and taken in by the Cats Protection League, have five other cats but none of them has been affected in the same way.

Mrs Worth added: "He seems fine, he's eating well and the other cats aren't terribly bothered." "

- Qatada -
05-08-2007, 08:39 PM
:salamext:

All the cat needs to do now is to sit on a pink pillow! 'A pink cat on a pink pillow'

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 08:55 PM
I can draw oneee!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah i tried drawing but it looked yag :o|

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Ghira
05-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Is it haraam to have cats in the house?
What is the difference between having a cat and having a dog?

Do cats make your house stink?

Sorry cat lovers those questions have been bugging since this thread never seems to stop.

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Not haraam they are clean animals

My cat never stinks, and now shes goneee *boo hoo* (soz got a lil emotional)

Dogs are filthy creatures - cute from a distance - scary up close (unless they are called Poodles)

Peace.

- Qatada -
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Ruling on keeping cats

Question:

I know that cats in Islam are regarded as clean and pure animals but i am not sure what the ruling is on keeping them in the house as pets.
I don't have anything against cats but i feel keeping them in the house and letting them wonder around the kitchen، bedroom etc is unhygienic. Please could you shed some light on this issue.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible in Islam for a person to keep permissible things that no one else has taken possession of before him, such as taking firewood from the desert or wood from the forest. The same applies to taking cats and raising them. One takes possession of a permissible thing by be acquiring it and having it under one's care, provided that it does not belong to anyone.
Based on the above, we may say that there is nothing wrong with keeping cats which do not belong to anyone, on condition that one feeds them and does not torment them. But if it is proven that they cause some harm, such as if they are ill or one fears that they may transmit disease, then you should not keep them, because “there should be no harming nor reciprocating harm.” So whoever will be harmed by a cat’s presence should not keep one. Similarly, one who is not able to feed a cat should let it eat from the vermin of the earth and not keep it locked up, because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (3223) and Muslim (1507) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), according to which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman was punished because of a cat which she kept locked up until it died, and she entered Hell because of it, because she did not feed it or give it water when she kept it locked up, neither did she let it eat from the vermin of the earth.” For more information see question no. 3004.

With regard to cats eating food or drinking water, that does not make the food or water naajis (impure), because of the report narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood and elsewhere, which says that a woman brought some hareesah (a kind of food) to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) and found her praying. (‘Aa’ishah) gestured to her that she should put it down. Then a cat came and ate some of it. When ‘Aa’ishah had finished praying, she ate from where the cat had eaten and said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum).’ I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) doing wudoo’ with water from which a cat had drunk.”

According to another report narrated by Abu Dawood (68) from Kabshah bint Ka’b ibn Maalik, who was married to Ibn Abi Qutaadah, Abu Qutaadah entered and she poured some water for him to do wudoo’. A cat came and drank from the water, and he tipped the vessel for it so that it could drink. Kabshah said: “He saw me looking at him and he said, ‘Do you find it strange, O daughter of my brother?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum).”’” These two reports were classed as saheeh by al-Bukhaari, al-Daaraqutni and others, as was stated in al-Talkhees by Ibn Hajar, 1/15.

“Those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum)” means that they are like servants who are with people in their houses, i.e., cats are always with people, in their houses and among their vessels and furnishings, etc., and this is something that cannot be helped.

So if a cat drinks from a vessel or eats some of the food, it does not become naajis (impure). The owner has the choice. If he is not put off or if he needs it, he may eat (the food) or drink (the water), because it is taahir (pure), unless it is obvious that it will cause harm. If he is put off by the idea of eating or drinking, then he may leave it.

But we should point out here that what some people do, paying a great deal of attention to their cats and beautifying them, spending large amounts of money on them, is indicative of a lack of common sense and religious commitment, and exaggeration with regard to leisure, when there are millions of needy Muslims all over the world, let alone the fact that we Muslims should pay attention to making the best use of our time and filling it with worthwhile and beneficial pursuits, far removed from this folly which has come to us from the kaafir west where some people spend more on their cats and dogs than they spend on their own sons and daughters, let alone the poor and needy. They may even bring their pets to stay in fancy hotels and bequeath large amounts of money to them. Praise be to Allaah Who has honoured us with Islam and distinguished us from all the other nations.

We should also point out that selling cats is not allowed, as was narrated in Saheeh Muslim (2933) from Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of a dog or a cat. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that.’” For more information see question no. 7004 and 10207.

source:
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=22373&ln=eng&txt

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 09:51 PM
AsalamuALyakum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Hadith - Bukhari 3:553, Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar [Also in Muslim, Narrated Abu Huraira]

Allah's Apostle said, "A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger." Allah's Apostle further said, "(Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman), 'You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up, nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth.' "

Hadith - Muwatta 2.13

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ishaq ibn Abdullah ibn Abi Talha from Humayda bint Abi Ubayda ibn Farwa that her maternal aunt Kabsha bint Kab ibn Malik, who was the wife of the son of Abu Qatada al-Ansari, told her that once Abu Qatada was visiting her and she poured out some water for him to do wudu with. Just then a cat came to drink from it, so he tilted the vessel towards it to let it drink. Kabsha continued, "He saw me looking at him and said, 'Are you surprised, daughter of my brother?' I said, 'Yes.' He replied that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, cats are not impure. They intermingle with you .' "

Yahya said that Malik said, "There is no harm in that unless one sees impurities on the cat's mouth."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated 'Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin

Dawud ibn Salih ibn Dinar at-Tammar quoted his mother as saying that her mistress sent her with some pudding (harisah) to Aisha who was offering prayer. She made a sign to me to place it down. A cat came and ate some of it, but when Aisha finished her prayer, she ate from the place where the cat had eaten. She stated: The Messenger of Allah said: It is not unclean: it is one of those who go round among you. She added: I saw the Messenger of Allah performing ablution from the water left over by the cat.

Hadith - Dawud, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah

The Prophet forbade payment for cat.

Note: The name of Abu Hurayrah, a major authority on hadith, literally translates to "cat man" or "father of cats". Both Abu Hurayrah and the Prophet enjoyed the presence of cats.

Action Items for the Muttaqun:

Do not sell a cat for money or other traded goods.

There is no harm in the cat's saliva unless the cat has visible impurities on its mouth.

Feel free to have pet cats, but be sure to adequately feed and water, and provide roaming time.

Remember... Allah, subhana watala, sees everything we do!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-09-2007, 12:47 AM
I got my cats back yesterday :statisfie. Me love my cats!!! :D:D
LoL, my cuz saw one of my cats sitting next to my computer screen cuz I had the Qur'an going. He said my cat has officially converted :giggling:
The. he fell asleep on my chair after 5 mins :D You know what was interesting, he had his eyes closed, was sitting up straight on my desk next to my computer and listening :D:D lool. I should take a pic when he does that :p

Tania
05-09-2007, 03:00 AM
You know what was interesting, he had his eyes closed, was sitting up straight on my desk next to my computer and listening :D:D lool. I should take a pic when he does that :p
:statisfie Welcome back at home - from my part to them :thumbs_up
Please take the pic and post it, i wish to see them:)

Tania
05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
ITEMS FOR A SAFE CAT GARDEN:statisfie
The cat house

Accessories
Thermal-Ply Insulation - Protect Your Pet from the Extremes of Summer and Winter!
Features of the thermal insulation:

by: Angelical Cat

Insulated house
Pets feel the cold just like you do. While they may have fur to keep them warmer, extreme cold can still cause serious health problems unless your pets have proper protection.

How looks the insulation
The Thermal-Ply Radiant Barrier is designed to complement the protection of ..houses. It provides protection from both the extremes of winter and summer.

Tania
05-10-2007, 04:39 AM
The cat house

Accessories
Porch and Deck Kit - For Additional Protected Lounging Space!
Features of the porch and deck kit:

• Extend the protected lounging area of the cat house. When its rain the cat can sit on the porch or when its too sunny.

Tania
05-10-2007, 04:45 AM
The cat house

Accessories
Platform - To elevate the Cat Houses
Features of the platform:

• The Platform elevates the house off the ground with pressure treated legs that will never rot.
  • It is designed for your cats to live, relax and have fun too!
  • The space under the Platform can be used for sheltering food dishes, litter boxes, or other outdoor items.

Tania
05-10-2007, 04:51 AM
The cat house

Accessories
Platform and Loft - For Elevation and Lounging Space!
Features of the loft:

• The Loft deck provides a spacious area for your pets to observe the world from a higher vantage point.
  • It also serves as a prominent leisure area from which to play with your pets without bending over.

Tania
05-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Pond for cats

by: BBC SCIENCE
BBC SCIENCE

Creating a mini-pond

• You can make a small pond out of virtually any container. Old enamel sinks or stone troughs work well, but make sure that whatever you use is watertight.
    Fill the container with rainwater. If you have to use tap water, leave it to stand for a few days before continuing so that additives such as chlorine evaporate.
  • Construct a ramp or simply put stones at one edge of your container so that if an animal falls in it can get out again and won't drown.

OR

1. You'll need to dig a shallow hole for your pond. Make sure it has a sloping edge so that animals can get in and out easily. It's also a good idea to have shelved sections of the pond to create different depths to suit different plants and wildlife.
  2. Create a deeper section of the pond in the middle, at least 60cm deep, so that it doesn't freeze solid in winter. This will help hibernating wildlife.
  3. Line the hole with butyl or polythene pond liner for speed, or choose the traditional method of lining with clay.
  4. Fill your pond with rainwater if possible. If you have to use tap water, leave it to stand for a few days so that additives such as chlorine vaporate.

Tania
05-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Cats breed

Part XXV Breed profile :Cornish rex :)

Don't look now, follows our poll:hiding:
Origin :
The Cornish Rex cat gets his name from the Rex rabbit The similarities come from the unusual wavy coat. The Cornish Rex came about in Cornwall, England in 1950 and it seems occurred from a mutated gene. In the United States the Cornish Rex was recognized for championship in 1979 as is presently involved in competition all over the world.

I look like a deer :-[
Appearance :
This cat is very lean and resembles a Whippet dog with its arched back and pulled up stomach. Long, thin legs and the way it poses on its feet make the cat look as if it's standing on tiptoe.

Body:
very distinctive, small to medium in size, males proportionately larger but never coarse. Torso long and slender, not tubular, showing a deep, but not broad chest. The general outline is comprised of graceful arches and curves without any sign of flatness. The back is naturally arched and evident when the cat is standing naturally. The underline gently curves upward from the ribcage to form a smallish (tucked up in appearance) waistline. Hips and thighs muscular and feel somewhat heavy in proportion to the rest of the body.

Coat patterns:
The coloring of the Cornish Rex may be of any variety including colorpointed. The major factor is the coat. It is so important in showing the cat that usually at least 50 points will be put towards the coat.
Colours: White, Cream, Blue and White, Tortoiseshell, Torti and White Van, Cinnamon Silver, Point Si-Rex.

Ready for the football final cup
Personality
Intelligent, inquisitive and extrovert, shows great resourcefulness in getting what it wants. Playful and affectionate, enjoys indoor life.
The Cornish Rex is a most affectionate cat who is active and playful. Cornish Rex cats will fetch and catch and will be like a kitten far into his maturity.

Who said my ears are not clean :? :-[
[/B]
Intelligence
They are intelligent and ready to live only indoor

Grooming
The coat on the Cornish Rex is its most unusual feature. Short and very soft it lies quite close to the body and appears as waves of curls all over the cat including it's stomach. Daily hand grooming is what the Cornish Rex cat requires. He does need a warm climate.

Health
Despite its delicate appearance the Cornish Rex is a hardy and robust breed. They do not experience any unusual or significant health problems and should live to 12-15 years. Due to their short coat these cats may not be comfortable outdoors on cold or wet days as they do feel the cold.
I am happy

Source
Source
Source

Nawal89
05-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I always thought that the cornish rex breed looks sooo scary! Look at those ears !

Tania
05-13-2007, 04:28 AM
Photo contest April 2007
Sleeping cats
Category : C Pictures submitted from net:

THE UNEXPECTED WINNERS of the contest are the 2 recently divorced cats:
:-[

Tania
05-13-2007, 05:12 AM
Cats breed

Part XXVI Breed profile :American curl - the Peter Pan of felines world :)

Origin :
On a typical hot June day in 1981, a stray longhaired black female cat with funny ears mooched a meal from Joe and Grace Ruga in Lakewood, California, and moved in. "Shulamith" is the original American Curl to which all bona fide pedigrees trace their origin. No one ever suspected that from that simple encounter, and the birth of some kittens 6 months later, would grow a worldwide debate about the genetics behind those unusual curled ears. When selective breeding began in 1983, fanciers bred the American Curl with an eye toward developing a show breed. In analyzing data on 81 litters (383 kittens), renowned feline geneticist, Roy Robinson of London, England, confirmed that the ear-curling gene is autosomal dominant, which means that any cat with even one copy of the gene will show the trait. In the December 1989 Journal of Heredity, Robinson reported finding no defects in any of the crosses he analyzed. This information provided the pathway for a new and healthy breed…and one with an outstanding temperament.

Appearance :
  • Boasting head adornments that could have easily been fashioned by a legendary hat designer, along with their opulently plumed tails reminiscent of a luxurious ostrich-feather boa, the American Curl has audiences in awe worldwide.
  • Designed exclusively by Mother Nature, the ears can be likened to those of a Lynx with long tufts fanning outward accentuating the swept-back look, while complementing the Curl's overall sophistication, stylish elegance, and dynamic presence.

Body:
Torso Shape: semi-foreign rectangle, length one and one-half times height at shoulder, medium depth of chest and flank. Size: intermediate, with allowances for larger males. Musculature: moderate strength and tone, flexible. Tail: flexible, wide at base, tapering; equal to body length. Legs: length medium in proportion to body, set straight when viewed from front or rear. Medium boning, neither fine nor heavy. Neck: medium. Feet: medium and rounded

Coat patterns:
  • Longhair Division: Texture: fine, silky, laying flat. Undercoat: minimal. Coat length: semi-long. Tail coat: full and plumed. Color: all colors accepted as listed.
  • Shorthair Division: Texture: soft, silky, laying flat, resilient without a plush dense feel. Undercoat: minimal. Coat length: short. Tail coat: same length as body coat.
  • Color: all colors accepted as listed.

Personality
Wake-up call! The alarm rings and emerging out from under the covers eager to start the day is your Curl buddy. Eyelid pats, nose kisses, and hairlicking prompt a gentle awakening. :statisfie Then your eyes focus on that exuberant little Curl face, and another day begins. The Curl personality is truly unique. If not sleeping up high somewhere in a large salad bowl, figuring out with great determination just how to get into the shower with you, or assuming their spot right in front of a favorite TV show, they are patting at your glasses while you try to read the paper. Needless to say, Curls are very people-oriented, faithful, affectionate soulmates adjusting remarkably fast to other pets, children, and new situations. People say they are very dog-like in their attentiveness to their owners, following them around so not to miss anything.

The first american curl :)
[/B]
Intelligence
When introduced into a new home, Curl's seem to have an inherent respect for the current pet occupants, giving them plenty of room to adjust to the new kid on the block. Not overly talkative, the Curl's curiosity and intelligence is expressed through little trill-like cooing sounds. Because they retain their kitten-like personality well throughout adulthood, they are referred to as the Peter Pan of felines.

Grooming
Because both coat lengths have minimal undercoat resulting in
non-matting hair, grooming an American Curl is easy -- an occasional bath
and combing is all that is needed. Care should be taken when handling
the ears to avoid breaking the cartilage -- do not force the ear into
unnatural positions.

Health
They are healthy cats and they have a good hearing. Just try the "can opener" test - you won’t find any problems with their hearing (smile).

Source
Source
Source
Source

muslima15
05-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Nice poll ;)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-14-2007, 02:11 AM

Poll Updated - Open till May 17th.

snakelegs
05-14-2007, 02:23 AM
Photo contest April 2007
Sleeping cats
Category : C Pictures submitted from net:

THE UNEXPECTED WINNERS of the contest are the 2 recently divorced cats:
aw, don't feel bad - i voted for that one, but it was partially because i thought the caption was cute.
just voted for american curl even tho i think its ears are hideous, it was better than that greyhound cat!

Khayal
05-14-2007, 02:39 AM
Voted!!

n

luv this cate.

Abdul-Raouf
05-14-2007, 03:33 AM

Ha haa ... these two are having a nice tree view... hmmm... i think theres a big cat or dog below..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-14-2007, 03:47 AM
^^Aww they're cuteee :statisfie. I voted for the American curl! Its cute :D

Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 09:37 AM
American curl awwwwww

But the top ones faces are cute their ears freak me out, look abit rat like with them, no offence :o|

Peace :D

HBot 5000
05-14-2007, 09:38 AM

The cornish rex looks scary :laugh:

:w:

Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Don't cry bro, ahh this thread makes me sad

i wan a cat!!

Boo hoo

Tania
05-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Plants for a safe garden

by TLConline

Darlene Cheek
You'll enjoy this cat themed garden as much as your cat does, and if you plant your cat their own garden, maybe they'll stay out of your's!
List of safe plants:
  • Alyssum:
    Lobularia alyssum:

Lobularia maritima:

• Baby's breath (gypsophila paniculata "pink" and "Bristol fairy"):

• Blue fescue grass (festuca glauca):

• Calamint or lesser catmint (calamintha nepeta):

Tania
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
CATS IN THE NEWS
The truth about PET FOOD RECALL

Category: They wanted to kill our pets :(

by Dr. Jon from Pet place site:)

The Food and Drug Administration announced (FDA) that the contaminated wheat gluten and rice protein concentrate imported from China was
mislabeled and was really wheat flour contaminated with melamine and melamine-related products.

It is also believed that the contamination was deliberate. It is thought that the Chinese added the melamine to the wheat to increase the "protein" concentration of the product making it to appear to have a higher protein concentration than it really had.
Melamine is rich in nitrogen which can give the illusion of protein.
Recently, tests conducted on contaminated pet food and the necropsies of affected animals :laugh: have suggested that a combination of
chemicals--each alone, seemingly nontoxic--form insoluble substances
that results in crystals that physically damage the kidneys.

For a more complete update and a link to a list of recalled foods, go to Pet Food Recall Update:

http://clicks.aweber.com/z/ct/?my1vpw0pJHkEeQlvIJs9qw

Khayal
05-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Voted!

Here is my beautiful cat, :)

Kittygyal

H4RUN
05-14-2007, 08:52 PM
aaaaaaaarggh why do i keep getting messages whenever someone replies here! I aint even participated in this thread!....i think, I HOPE, i got major beef with a cat;D

Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 08:52 PM

I took one of your piccys sis tania, It's my desktop background :p

Btw nice of you sis Sheebz :p :D Am sure Jo deeei will like it :)

Peace.

syilla
05-15-2007, 02:28 AM

:exhausted

Tania
05-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Plants for a cat garden

Carol Wallace
List of safe plants:
  • Catmint (Nepeta mussinii) can be plant at the front, where it's silvery leaves and almost perpetual froth of flowers make an excellent border for a bed. The variety called 'Blue Wonder' is a nice, compact plant that flowers in dark blue over much of the summer. 'Snowflake' flowers in white. N. faassenii 'Six Hills Giant' looks much like its smaller brethren, but is much taller, with flower spikes reaching 4'-5'; it is also sterile and won't spread about much. It will work well to hide the catnip.
    Nepeta Faassenii:

• Cat thyme, Teucrium marum is a member of the mint family, just as the nepetas are. However, it has deep green leaves, for contrast, and the spires of flowers are crimson. Cat thyme is related to germander, which makes a beautiful hedge, and can be clipped to shape; so you could make this bed into a knot garden if you so desire, and few will be the wiser to the real purpose of your plantings. Cats actually love all the teucriums, so be prepared to find them nibbling on your knot.
    Teucrium marum:

• Perhaps you would like to put up a trellis and have a lovely vine to give the garden some structure. Silver vine (Actinidia polygama), a relative of the kiwis, has lovely white flowers and is guaranteed to send susceptible cats into a frenzy.
    Actinidia polygama:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
^^Pretty flowers :D Cute cat! :p lol

Tania
05-15-2007, 05:00 PM
^^Pretty flowers :D Cute cat! :p lol
We will have more plants and cats :statisfie

Tania
05-15-2007, 05:03 PM

I took one of your piccys sis tania, It's my desktop background :p
I took it too from the net :-[ but are cute kittens with that unique curled ears:statisfie

jzcasejz
05-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I am not mean :statisfie, so Cornish Rex gets my vote. Sympathy vote, that is. :omg:

Al_Imaan
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
The cornish rex really is corny...:p

Mawaddah
05-16-2007, 01:37 AM

Those Cornish Rexs' look like Kangaroos :exhausted

Tania
05-16-2007, 03:54 AM
Plants for a cat garden

Carol Wallace
List of safe plants:
  • Another cat-pleaser is valerian (Valeriana officianalis). Also known as garden heliotrope, the umbels of pink flowers have a lovely scent, and the fern-like leaves will provide a pleasant contrast to the tiny grey of the nepeta. Cats love valerian; unfortunately, so do rats. The rumor is that the Pied Piper of Hamelin used valerian as the secret ingredient to lure the rats out of town. You can be a sort of Pied Piper, too, if your cats are hunters; attract the cats and the rats will be taken care of.
    Valeriana officianalis:

If the very thought gives you the shudders, a garden of cats may be the way to go. Interestingly, many cat plants, whether for or about cats, tend toward the silver in foliage; most also prefer good drainage.
  • Cat tails are familiar along stream banks; they prefer boggy to wet conditions. Since they are also considered a weed in many areas, you may want to think twice about planting them, except in ponds in closed containers.
    Cat tails:

• Since a good garden design starts with the "bones" you will want a shrub to act as a centerpiece for your design, and what better than the beloved pussy willow? Salix caprea has pink catkins, but may grow as high as 20'. which may well overwhelm the rest of the garden; the native American pussy willow (S. discolor) will probably not top 10 feet, and the rose gold pussywillow (S. gracilistyla) with its rose catkins with golden stamens may stop at 6'. Since willows prefer a moist soil, whereas the other cat plants discussed here prefer theirs well drained, you may simply want to plant this as a feline background.
    Salix caprea :

- Qatada -
05-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I'd like to see some info on catnip, if it's already not mentioned. :)

Peace.

Pk_#2
05-16-2007, 08:40 PM

Tania
05-17-2007, 04:04 AM
Plants for a cat garden

By:Holoweb
By: Howstuffworks
By: Cat-world
CATNIP - NEPETA CATARIA

Mint family (Labiatae)
  • The name: The name Nepeta is believed to have come from the town of Nepete in Italy. Cataria is thought to have come from the Latin word for cat. :statisfie
  • Catnip is also known by the following names: Cataria, Catmint, Catnep, Catrup, Cat's Heal All, Cat's-play, Cat's Wort, Catswort, Catwort, Chi Hsueh Tsao, Field Balm, Garden Nep, Herba Cataria, Herba Catti, Nebada, Nep.
  • Constituents: include Acetic Acid, Alpha & beta-nepetalactone, Citral, Nepetalactone, Geraniol, Dipentene, Citronellol, Nerol, Butyric Acid, Valeric Acid and Tannins.

• The plant: A hardy, upright, perennial herb with sturdy stems bearing hairy, heart-shaped, grayish-green leaves. The flowers are white or lilac, 0.25 inch long, and occur in several clusters toward the tips of the branches. Native of Europe&Asia, naturalized in North America.
  • Cultivation and Propagation: It is easily cultivated in any garden soil, with little care, as the plant does not require the moisture that most mint plants need. Plants should be grown from seed sown where they are going to stand. Bruised or recently transplanted plants are likely to be eaten by cats unless protected. The seed should be sown very thinly in rows 20 inches apart and the seedlings thinned out to 20 inches apart in the rows. It requires almost no care except occasional weeding. A bed will last several years. It can also be propagated by division of the roots in spring.
  • Harvesting: The herb is harvested just before flowering in middle to late summer on a dry sunny day and in late morning when all dew is gone. Drying should be done carefully. The leaves are stripped from the stems and dried as quickly as possible with good ventilation out of direct sunlight, or in an oven at 150 degrees Fahrenheit to avoid losing much volatile oil.
  • Human therapy: Taken as a hot infusion, Catnip promotes sweating and is beneficial for colds, flus, fevers, and infectious childhood diseases. It is soothing to the nervous system and calming to the stomach. It aids with flatulence, diarrhea, and colic. It is sometimes used as an enema to cleanse and heal the lower bowel (use in diluted form).
  • Catnip can also be used for cuts, studies show it has a natural healing quality. Crush fresh catnip leaves, damp them & apply to your cut. **
  • Some other medicinal uses for catnip are: Anaesthetic, antibiotic, anti rheumatic, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, diuretic, muscular aches and pains, rheumatism, chills, cold in the joints, haemorrhoids, toothache.
  • K’Eogh, in his “Irish Herbal” (1735) wrote of catnip, “It provokes urination and menstruation: it expels the stillborn child; it opens obstructions of the lungs and the womb, and is good for internal bruises and shortness of breath. Drunk with salt and honey, it expels worms from the body.” ***
  • Pregnant women should avoid catnip.

• Effects on cats:) :Catnip, a member of the mint family, is a harmless "high" for felines. Although many cats will eat it, scientists say they're reacting to the smell rather than the taste. Felines bite, chew, rub against, and roll in catnip to release the volatile oil trapped in the leaves. Catnip is harvested when this essential oil production reaches its peak, and leaves and fragrant flowers are carefully air-dried to preserve essential oils at their best.
  • About 80% of adult cats -- including lions, pumas, and leopards! -- react to this irresistible, intoxicating, analgesic soporific. The tendency to like or ignore catnip is inherited, and it's true that some cats are immune to its influence. Given to the right cat, catnip can cause an amazing reaction! The cat will rub it, roll over it, kick at it, and generally go nuts for several minutes. Then the cat will lose interest and walk away. Two hours later, the cat may come back and have exactly the same response.
  • Because there really isn't any scent that causes this sort of reaction in humans, catnip is hard for us to understand. However, it is not an uncommon behavior in animals that rely heavily on their noses.

• Although no one knows exactly what happens in the cat's brain, it is known that the chemical nepetalactone in catnip is the thing that triggers the response. Apparently, it somehow kicks off a stereotypical pattern in cats that are sensitive to the chemical. The catnip reaction is inherited, and some cats are totally unaffected by it.
  • The reaction to catnip only lasts a few minutes. Then the cat acclimates to it, and it can take an hour or two away from catnip for the cat to "reset." Then, the same reaction can occur again. Very young kittens and older cats seem less likely to have a reaction to catnip.
  • One interesting fact is that when sniffed, catnip will stimulate kitty, however when eaten it will act as a sedative.

• Nepetalactone: Nepetalactone causes a hallucinogenic effect. Some say the effects are similar to LSD, others say similar to marijuana. Because cats roll on the floor, which mimics a female in estrus, it has been suggested that catnip acts as an aphrodisiac, but this is unlikely as males react in just the same way. What is likely is the cat is reacting to similar "feel good" pheromones released during sexual courtship/activity. However, non sexual behaviour including playing, chasing & hunting can also be observed. The response to catnip is via the olfactory system. Even cats who can't smell will can still respond to catnip.

Khayal
05-17-2007, 04:24 AM

:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Stuff could seriously get lost in those ears....:exhausted LoL!

Tania
05-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Cats breed

The first winner for this month is:

THE AMERICAN CURL BREED
:bravo:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-18-2007, 12:46 AM

Poll Updated. Open until the 20th.

Khayal
05-18-2007, 12:56 AM

Voted............... 2nd option.

snakelegs
05-18-2007, 01:50 AM
no. i am much too lazy and don't have a yard anyway.

Tania
05-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Cats breed

Part XXVII Breed profile :TOYGER CAT

Origin :
The name 'Toyger' comes from the the words Toy and Tiger.

The Toyger was founded by Judy Sugden of EEYAAS Cattery in the USA. The Toyger is the result of a cross between a striped Domestic Short Hair and a Standard Bengal Tabby This resulted in a striped Cat which after many years of hard work resembles a 'mini Tiger'.

The Toyger is a designer breed and currently still being developed. Breeder's are striving to give this stunning breed the true look of a mini tiger over the coming years. Many of the features proposed have never been seen in a domestic cat. Progress is slow but steady and it could be several years before the Toyger truly resembles the wild tiger although the founder is aiming at 2010. Judy Sugden says that with a few more years of breeding, her Toygers will look even more like the real thing, with ears that are shorter, smaller eyes, a bigger chin and a wider nose tip.
The Toyger has no tiger blood in it but does possess genes passed on from the Asian Leopard cat.

Appearance :
The cat has the look of a mini tiger

Body:
Toyger's are of medium size with a strong and robust torso. The tail is long and muscular and set and carried low. Toyger's coats are short, thick, plush, soft and feel extremely luxurious.

Coat patterns:
The ideal colouring for a Toyger is an orange/tan background with dark stripes like that of a Tiger. The stripes are actually long rosettes and should not be uniform like a mackerel pattern but more like long random individual stripes. The coat must be striped with no spotting. The ears small and rounded, good solid bone structure and overall balance.

Personality
The Toyger has a laid back easy going temperament and makes a good companion. They are athletic and love to be around people. They are very suitable for most households and get on well with children and other pets.

[/B]
Intelligence
Toygers are intelligent and are easily trained

Grooming
Only to prevent hairballs

Health
Toygers are generally robust and healthy

Source
Source
PICTURES FROM: Toygers of WILDFX CATS

*~Sofia~*
05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
awww the toyger kittens r jus soooo gorguz :D but mind u.. all kittens r ! hehe

*~Sofia~*
05-18-2007, 05:51 PM
salams,
jus fort i'd post sum of these of these kittens.. they r too cute :D
ENJOY :)

i wudnt drink from those mugs again tho lol

wasalam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-18-2007, 06:15 PM

^^;D They MAD cute :statisfie aww :) lol

Tania
05-19-2007, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SM1987
salams,
jus fort i'd post sum of these of these kittens.. they r too cute :D
ENJOY :)
Due to the thread rules the last picture is entered in the photo contest ( the kitten is in bed ) :-[
Very cute pics:statisfie

Tania
05-19-2007, 05:17 AM
Cats breed

Part XXVIII Breed profile :CHAUSIE CAT

Origin :
The Chausie is regarded as one of the most beautiful breeds of cat. Originally a hybrid of the African Jungle Cat (Felis Chaus - Right), the Chausie with its beautiful golden or melanistic (black) coat captures the look and feel of the wild in a domestic cat.

The breed name Chausie was derived from the scientific name of the Jungle Cat, which is Felis Chaus. The Chausie is an effort to preserve the stunning wild look by reproducing it in a loving and friendly, domestic cat.

Appearance :
Their size, look, and manner all hinting at their proud wild heritage.

Body:
They are large cats, standing anywhere from 14 to 18 inches at the shoulders. They are tall, lean and very long cats, with their hind legs rising slightly higher than the front. The Chausie should be almost exactly twice as long as it is tall. Chausies are also considered twice as tall as a domestic cat and can be 2 to 3 times as heavy. Male Chausies can weigh twenty pounds or more with the female somewhat smaller.

Coat patterns:
There are only 3 currently recognised colours of Chausies, and all are colours naturally found in the Jungle cat. These colours are golden, black, and silver-tipped melanistic. Chausie kittens commonly have stripes or spots in their coat when young. As the kitten matures, the markings on their body should fade leaving a stunning, wild ticked coat. Barring or stripes on the legs and face should still be visible in the adult coat.

Personality
Chausies are typically sweet-natured, very affectionate cats.
Their muscular build and wild ancestry enable them to be quite athletic and fast They rarely sit in one place for very long. The wild look and personality of this breed quickly captures the hearts of their humans. Chausie owners know that their Chausie is a very special cat.

[/B]
Intelligence
Alert and intelligent, they are often referred to as "dog like" in their manner.

Grooming
Little grooming and against hairballs.

Health
Climbing is essential for a Chausie's mental health. Have an off-limits surface in your home and you're going to have a problem!

Source
Source

Tania
05-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Poll results

Yes:statisfie , cats are welcomed in the garden and most likely they need only a house and plants to feel well there (2 votes). Opposite one vote went to the all 3 items which shows the cat well being is a top priority for us
For the breeds which love the water one reader is ready to make a pond too(1 vote)
The cats will enjoy a only plants garden too - 2 votes

Prisca
05-19-2007, 01:44 PM
oh I love cats!!
I've always wanted a kitten
I love those cats with lots of fur, makes them look all cute and fluffy :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-20-2007, 03:46 AM
^^Yea I agree :D

Khayal
05-21-2007, 05:42 PM

:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-22-2007, 03:07 AM

Poll Updated. Open until the 24th.

Khayal
05-22-2007, 04:41 AM

Voted on Toyger!!

syilla
05-22-2007, 05:00 AM

beautiful duckling...and a kitten

Curaezipirid
05-22-2007, 06:39 AM
Salam,

at first my only thought in arriving to this thread was a complaint about the new litter of black kittens in my back garden belonging to neighbours. It is the third litter of little black kittens since I moved to the house I am living in early September 2005!

!!!!!!!

I can not even get in my back door without black cats crossing my path. And today arrived home to find that a mysteriously "approved of by police" visitor has broken into my home AGAIN. This is the third time!

However, I have much better animal stories to tell you all than that.

Recently a shaytan told me a story which he seemed to be using as evidence that my own method in an Animist tradition is destined to lose. My totem animals in Aboriginal culture include a red bellied black snake. It is a sort of venemous snake which politely kills and eats all the far more venemous snakes, and so folk who live out bush with young children, like having red bellied blacks around.

So the shaytan tells me this yarn: he had seen footage over the internet of a rabbit attacking, killing and eating a snake;

he was gloating over me while telling me

So then first I told him about the man who bite a shark. It is true, he was on the network TV news in the past month. He was drunk and watching the fishermen on a jetty, and one of them had a little shark, but his line was not strong enough. The water was only a metre deep, and the drunk man jumped in and bite the shark, which of course turned on him, and he got quite badly bitten himself, but he beat the shark.

Then after that I told the shaytan another story. I saw it in the British magazine called the Fortean Times. It had an Owl and a Pussycat. The family had found a baby owl abondoned by its mommy, and their cat had just had a litter of kittens. They took the owl in, and the mommy cat adopted it in among all her kittens. The photo was so much the cutest cat photo ever in my world.

Salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-22-2007, 10:47 AM
toyger, is there gonna be a loiyon aswell? :D

Pk_#2
05-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Toygerr das soo cute

i want itttt :'(

loyger...erm u can try putting a cat and a lion together and see what follows from that :o|

Gangster No.1
05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
subhannala wonderfull creation, however i dont like cats or dogs.

Pk_#2
05-22-2007, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gangster No.1
subhannala wonderfull creation, however i dont like cats or dogs.

How can you not like this? i think puppies are cute, but i'm scared of dogs lol even the tiny ones....wait especially the tiny ones with squeky 'woofs' :rollseyes :X :-[

Tania
05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
GROOMING THE CAT
Bathing the cat

By: Kitty Angell
By: Darlene Cheek
By: Dr. Foster and Smith

Giving a cat a bath doesn’t have to be a terrible experience for you or your kitty. It is, of course, best to start out with a kitten and get them used to the whole grooming process rather than take an adult feral rescue and try dipping him in a sink full of water!

SHAMPOO

Clasification:
  • Waterless Shampoos :-[ - for very scared cats
  • Oatmeal Shampoo
  • Soothing Shampoo
  • Hypo allergenic Shampoo
  • Flea and thick Shampoo
  • Brightening Shampoo

Waterless Shampoo for Cats - powder
  • Give your cat a bath without submersing her in water
  • Unique formulas you shake or spray on - with no rinsing required
  • Cleans and freshens your cat's skin and coat

Gentle, effective cat bath without the hassle of water! Many cats dislike water, sometimes a full bath is too time-consuming, or maybe your cat just needs a portion of her coat cleaned.

Liquid Waterless Shampoo - Ideal for cats that detest water baths or if you just want a quick, convenient way to clean your cat between regular baths. Just spray on and massage into a rich lather, and then towel dry. No rinsing required. Cleans down to the skin without your cat having to suffer the discomfort of a tub bath. Comes in a 10 oz. spray bottle. For cats and dogs.

Perfect Coat Dry Powder Shampoo absorbs oil and dirt.

OR:

Professional Pet Products Waterless Shampoo for Cats - spray
  • Shampoo your cat's coat - without the tub and water
  • Waterless shampoo spritzes on to give cats a fresh, clean coat
  • No rinsing required

Professional Pet Products Waterless Shampoo can be used to cleanse your pet's entire coat or as a "spot treatment." Just spray liberally onto damp or dry coat, brush or rub it in, dry with towel and comb or brush for a clean fresh coat. No water or rinsing! Great for ferrets, dogs, cats and puppies.

snakelegs
05-23-2007, 10:42 AM
both real pretty this time. voted for chausie

Aisha!
05-24-2007, 03:18 AM
lol u like catz

Tania
05-24-2007, 05:19 AM
GROOMING THE CAT
Bathing the cat

SHAMPOO

Oatmeal Shampoo for Cats

Cat shampoo great for cats with allergies or sensitive skin!
Features:
  • Oat Beta Glucan soothes and moisturizes dry skin
  • Relieves itching from dry, irritated, or stinging skin
  • Mild cat shampoo formulated by our veterinarians with no harsh cleansers

Oatmeal Shampoo with Oat Beta Glucan is excellent for cats with dry, irritated, and flaky skin, or for skin that reacts to harsh cleansers. Gentle cleansing formula contains natural moisturizers for shine and silkiness. Pleasant almond scent leaves cat smelling fresh after cat baths. Easy dispensing pump.

Tania
05-24-2007, 05:37 AM
GROOMING THE CAT
Bathing the cat

SHAMPOO

Soothing Shampoo

For the treatment of bacterial skin infections in cats
  • No irritating dyes or fragrances
  • Helps manage feline yeast infections without drying skin
  • Formulated by our veterinarians

Soothing Shampoo deep cleans skin and haircoat. Contains 2% chlorhexidine, highly recommended by veterinarians for pets with bacterial skin infections. Fragrance- and dye-free formula for non-irritating cleansing action.

Khayal
05-24-2007, 05:50 AM

Voted!

Awwww! how sweet...:)

Tania
05-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Cats breed

The SECOND winner for this month is:

THE TOYGER BREED

Pk_#2
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
yay togyy won!!

syilla
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM

sleepy head

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-25-2007, 01:11 AM
I chose the first 1 :D

Cute pic Syllia :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-25-2007, 03:06 AM

Poll Updated. Open till Sunday..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Voted the first one! Fosho! :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-25-2007, 03:10 AM
Do u vote? :D lol

Tania
05-25-2007, 03:15 AM
I voted for a clean cat:statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-25-2007, 03:17 AM
^^Im with ya on dat :) :D lol

Keltoi
05-25-2007, 03:25 AM
There are few things as funny as a wet cat. They look so humiliated. By the way, my fat cat Winston has lost 5 pounds in a month. The living room is covered with cat nip toys, but its worth it.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-25-2007, 04:54 AM
^^Thats good! And thats a lot of weight. Good job :)

Khayal
05-25-2007, 04:57 AM

Voted for 1st the option!!

Tania
05-25-2007, 08:07 PM
GROOMING THE CAT
Bathing the cat

SHAMPOO

Hypo Allergenic Shampoo for Cats

* Ideal shampoo for pets with sensitive skin
* No irritating perfumes or dyes
* Gentle, no-tears formula
* Formulated by our veterinarians

Exceptionally gentle – ideal for pets with allergies and sensitive skin. Contains no fragrances and no artificial coloring – typical sources of skin irritation. Tearless formula won't irritate eyes.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2007, 04:45 AM
Hmm I need to get that for ma cats. I cant risk using human shampoos :X lol
Wonder where I can get it...:?

muzna
05-26-2007, 05:08 AM
i DO NOT like domestic cats...such proud smug narcissistic creatures. Urgh

leopards..panthers...now that's beauty

Tania
05-26-2007, 05:59 AM
Hmm I need to get that for ma cats. I cant risk using human shampoos :X lol
Wonder where I can get it...:?
From pet shops, over the internet (follow the link from where i took them:-[ or from supermarkets).I saw them yesterday in the supermarket when i was to buy a flea spray.

Tania
05-26-2007, 06:09 AM
GROOMING THE CAT
Bathing the cat

SHAMPOO

Flea & Tick Shampoo for Cats

* Flea & tick shampoo kills pests on contact
* 3X the active ingredients of competing products
* For dogs and cats over 12 weeks of age
* Formulated by our veterinarians

Fight fleas and ticks better than ever with this more potent formula. Safe, rich-lathering shampoo deeply cleans your pet and leaves his coat soft and silky without the drying effects of some flea and tick shampoos. Kills fleas and ticks which may carry Lyme disease. For cats over 12 weeks old.

snakelegs
05-26-2007, 06:25 AM
no, only if it was required for his health. i am soooo lazy!
besides, he washes all the time anyway.
BUT flea season is upon us! :raging: got some stuff from the vet called frontline. it doesn't require a bath.

Tania
05-26-2007, 06:26 AM
GROOMING THE CAT
Bathing the cat

SHAMPOO

Brightening Shampoo for Cats
[IMG]

• Removes yellowing without bleach
  • Improves coat shine
  • Used by the pros for extra soft results
  • Formulated by our veterinarians

Special patented optical brighteners enliven the shine and color of all haircoats. Gentle cleansers remove stains and yellowing – no damaging bleaches. Ocean scent.

Tania
05-26-2007, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
no, only if it was required for his health. i am soooo lazy!
besides, he washes all the time anyway.
BUT flea season is upon us! :raging: got some stuff from the vet called frontline. it doesn't require a bath.
I bought a flea spray which doesn't require bathing either. I became friends with the dogs but still for around 2 more weeks i will not bath them.:-[ But my dogs doesn't like the sound which make the spray when i push that button. I am still tryint to finish to spray their coat.

syilla
05-26-2007, 08:39 AM

nice...photo.

i wonder if i've to ask permision to post here :X

Tania
05-26-2007, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
[IMG]

nice...photo.

i wonder if i've to ask permision to post here :X
You don't need permission. :-[ All are enjoying your pictures.:statisfie

Tania
05-26-2007, 06:06 PM
How to take the best cat picture

Photo contest MAY 2007
This month for the contest were submitted the following five pictures from category C (pictures from the net):
Dreaming at collar:

Sleepy heads:

Trusting in human best friend:

On the edge:

Content with my life:

- Qatada -
05-26-2007, 06:12 PM

How about these?

- Qatada -
05-26-2007, 07:04 PM

a bed one? :?

Tania
05-27-2007, 05:28 AM
GROOMING THE CAT
Bathing the cat

By: Ehow
SHAMPOO

How to give a cat a bath

Cat owners can generally depend on a cat's natural ability and desire to clean herself, but periodic baths may be necessary. The following tips can help you and your cat have a more pleasant bath experience.

• Assemble all the necessary materials (a soft towel, soft brush, and a shampoo and conditioner formulated especially for cats) before you get your cat. If the shampoo is very thick, you can dilute it with water before use.

• Bring your cat into the bathroom. Close the door and keep it closed until you are finished.

• Just prior to the bath, if your cat allows, place cotton balls in the ears and apply ophthalmic ointment to protect the eyes. Place a towel in the bottom of the sink or tub to prevent slipping. Be sure the "bathroom" is warm, and that your cat has a warm place in which to dry.

• Gently set your cat in the tub. Give your cat free rein in the bathtub using minimal restraint, but gently hold on to the back of her neck if she tries to escape.

• Keep in mind that cats do not like to be restrained; so the less it feels like you are controlling your cat, the better. Speak in soft tones and try to appear calm, since your cat will become more nervous if she senses you are apprehensive. Signs that your cat is anxious include flattening of the ears or whiskers, tail thumping, loud vocalizations, and open mouth panting.

• Scoop water in a plastic cup, and pour it over the cat until her fur is wet, making sure to avoid her eyes.
  • Use lukewarm water. Cats generally dislike sprays, so it is often better to pour water over the cat rather than spraying. If you must spray, avoid hard sprays and spraying near your cat's face. You may want to wrap your cat in a thin towel and wet the coat through the towel, and then apply the shampoo.
  • If you can't wrap the cat in towel, you could use the cat bag as show below:

• After shampooing, rinse your cat thoroughly. Rinsing is the most important step. You may need to rinse your cat twice to ensure that all soap is removed from the skin and coat.

• Dry your cat gently with a towel. "Blotting" is better than rubbing, especially in longhaired breeds. Longhaired breeds will also benefit from an additional brush-out and time under a blow dryer set on a no-heat setting (use only if your cat will tolerate the noise).
  • If your cat absolutely cannot tolerate being wet, try using a waterless or powder shampoo, or pre-moistened bath towelettes for pets. You can also give your cat a "sponge bath" with a damp towel.
  • Remember, starting baths when your cat is still a kitten can help acclimate your cat to being bathed, making future baths faster, easier, and more comfortable for you and your cat.

Tania
05-27-2007, 02:22 PM
GROOMING THE CAT
Bathing the cat - POLL RESULTS

The results are not surprising at all.

• 50% of our readers are for a clean cat and would like to bath her
  • 37.5 % of our readers consider the cat can groom herself and only if she got a skin disease they would bath her
  • 12.5% of our readers enjoyed the view of the 2 brave cats sitting in bath tub :-[

Grooming the cat will continue in the next weeks with other products required by bathing.

Tania
05-27-2007, 02:31 PM

Photo contest JUNE 2007

Rules

• You have to photograph a cat eating. Are accepted pictures showing your own cats/kittens or which belong to someone else.
  • The readers which are not attracted by a camera are invited to submitt web sites pictures of the cats eating.
  • For each picture must be specified if was taken by you or submitted from a site
  • Respect the rules posted on pages 79-81 to get a professional picture for the contest
  • Are accepted pictures taken in the house or out
  • We will automatically reject any pictures where it appears the cat is being forcibly kept on a certain position or the image was edited.
  • Its strictly forbidden to alter the cat face or body position. Let the cat personality to can be seen. Bro Al Madani will check up the pictures technically.
  • One reader can submitt more pictures.There is no limit.

The best picture

Will be voted by our readers for each of the following sections:
  1. best picture of your own cat
  2. best picture of someone else cat
  3. best picture taken from sites.

The submitted pictures will be choose by our readers through the poll system.

Let the best picture to win:statisfie

*~Sofia~*
05-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey Tania,

I wud like to enter the above contest right.. but how wud i go about puttin ma kitty's pic up on the forum?? :?
the pic doesn't have an URL? sorry but im a bit slow wen it cums to technology :-[ lol

thnx

Peace

*~Sofia~*
05-27-2007, 08:10 PM
:sl: everyone...

Since this thread is all bout kitty's i fort i'd share sum amazing facts about these gorgus animals! :D

1. The cat receives much respect in Islam, because of tales that the Prophet Mohammed was a cat lover. One story says a cat saved Mohammed from being bitten by a deadly snake. In another, when Mohammed’s cat Muezza fell asleep on his sleeve, the Prophet cut off his sleeve rather than disturb his cat.

2. Although a kitten is blind at birth, the touch receptors in the nose are already developed, and touching noses helps a kitten make contact with his mother.

3. During deep sleep, a cat may twitch his whiskers, flex his paws or move his tail. Judging by the amount of electrical activity in the brain, scientists also think cats dream.

4. Cats can judge within three inches the location of a sound being made one yard away. This is an essential skill for a predator who needs to catch a mouse hiding in tall grass.

5. More than 20 muscles in each ear enable a cat to move her ears like radar dishes and pinpoint the source of a sound. The two ears can rotate in different directions, as well.

6. A cat's heart beats about twice as fast as your heart—about 110 to 140 times a minute in the average cat

7. Cats can compress or elongate their spine, making them smaller to sleep in snuggly places or longer to leap across wide open spaces.
8. Pouncing is powered by a cat's thighs. These muscles are so powerful that if you had a cat's thigh muscles, your thighs would be as big as your waist and you could jump from the ground to the top of a house.

9. A domestic cat's sense of smell is about 14 times stronger than a human's.

10. Cats can make more than 100 different vocal sounds. Dogs can make about 10.

11. The largest litter of kittens on record was born to a Siamese-Burmese mother, who had 19 kittens.

12. Cats of all types get more sleep than just about any other animal. They average 16 hours of sleep a day, most of it in short naps that allow the cat to quickly become fully alert.

13. Ailurophilia is the "love of cats."

14. The nose pad of a cat is ridged in a pattern that is unique, just like the fingerprint of a human.

15. 25% of cat owners blow dry their cats hair after a bath.

16. If your cat is near you, and her tail is quivering, this is the greatest expression of love your cat can give you. If her tail starts thrashing, her mood has changed --- Time to distance yourself from her.

17. Cats wag their tails when it is in a stage of conflict. The cat wants to do two things at once, but each impulse blocks the other. For example: If your cat is in the doorway wanting to go outside, and you open the door to find it raining, the cat's tail will wag because of internal conflict. The cat wants to go outside, but doesn't want to go into the rain. Once the cat makes a decision and either returns to the house or leaves into the rain, the tail will immediately stop wagging.

18. Cats knead with their paws when they're happy.

19. Your cat loves you and can "read" your moods. If you're sad or under stress, you may also notice a difference in your cat's behavior.

20. A cat will amost never "meow" at another cat. This sound is reserved for humans.

21. The more cats are spoken to, the more they will speak to you.

22. A cat that bites you after you have rubbed his stomach, is probably biting out of pleasure, not anger.

source: http://www.catscans.com/facts.htm
source: http://www.catsplay.com/dailycat.php...=facts_archive

hope u enjoyed em :)

- Qatada -
05-27-2007, 08:23 PM

17. Cats wag their tails when it is in a stage of conflict. The cat wants to do two things at once, but each impulse blocks the other. For example: If your cat is in the doorway wanting to go outside, and you open the door to find it raining, the cat's tail will wag because of internal conflict. The cat wants to go outside, but doesn't want to go into the rain. Once the cat makes a decision and either returns to the house or leaves into the rain, the tail will immediately stop wagging.

18. Cats knead with their paws when they're happy.

22. A cat that bites you after you have rubbed his stomach, is probably biting out of pleasure, not anger.

I've noticed that alot subhan Allaah! especially the wagging tail bit.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-27-2007, 09:53 PM
^^Ha yea same here :)

Khayal
05-27-2007, 10:41 PM
These two pics are very cute!!! :)

Tania
05-28-2007, 03:29 PM
CAT FASHION
Dress for cats

from tomorrow:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-28-2007, 05:20 PM

Poll Updated. Open till Thursday..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-28-2007, 06:15 PM
I voted da last one..:)

Khayal
05-29-2007, 05:32 AM

Voted 4 the third option!!

Curaezipirid
05-29-2007, 06:28 AM
Salam

A shaytan told me about a rabbit that bite a snake and killed it.

So I told him about the Australian man who jumped into the water with a small shark and bite it. He was drunk and became quite horrifically injured, but he got the shark.

Then I told him about the owl and the pussy cat.

There is an old issue of the Fortean Times with a photo of a baby owl being brought up with a litter of kittens. Apparently the owlet fell out of its nest the family who adopted it to hand raise it had a cat with a litter of kittens, who adopted the owl also in among her kittens.

The photo was about the cutest animal photo I have ever seen.

Salam

Tania
05-29-2007, 02:15 PM
CAT FASHION
Dress for cats-THE CAPE

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM
psshh i wouldnt put a cape on a cat..what if he chokes? :X lol

Pk_#2
05-29-2007, 10:51 PM
^^ hehe get him some water? :p

Nah i voted the last one soo cute :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-29-2007, 11:44 PM
^^:D:D:D lollll.

Khayal
05-30-2007, 12:39 AM

Voted for ..........Sweet dreams!!!

Tania
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
CAT FASHION
Dress for cats-THE SHIRT

Tania
05-31-2007, 08:17 AM

Photo contest MAY 2007
The two winners of the photo contest are:
On the edge:

Content with my life:

Tania
05-31-2007, 08:42 AM
CAT FASHION
Dress for cats-Outfit

Pk_#2
05-31-2007, 11:52 AM

Awww :)

Nice pictures sis. Peace!

*~Sofia~*
05-31-2007, 08:18 PM
keepin in theme with the fancy dress kittys.. here's a few i found:

Peace

*~Sofia~*
05-31-2007, 08:19 PM
the last one didnt wrk.. here it is again

snakelegs
05-31-2007, 08:44 PM
fashion for cats??!! it's bad enough for people - but for cats?! :raging:
why would anybody in their right mind put clothes on an animal?? i'm not in my right mind, but even i would never do that.

this message brought to you by:
society for the prevention of hyper-consumerism.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Poll updated. Sorry for the delay!

Tania
06-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Cats breed

The MAY 2 FINALISTS:)

The AMERICAN CURL BREED:)

The TOYGER BREED:)

Tania
06-03-2007, 02:43 PM
CAT FASHION
Poll results

Yes, 7 votes against hyper-consumerism and 7 votes to keep the cats in their natural coat.

From monday read about CATS COAT COLORS AND PATTERNS:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-04-2007, 09:59 PM

Poll Updated.

snakelegs
06-04-2007, 10:55 PM
voted toyger - i don't like those funny ears on the american curl.

Pk_#2
06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
The curl thing is cuter

but the toyger is cooler

UmmHasan
06-04-2007, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Ya Allah how crule was that lady :cry:

now has anyone got cats or any other pets:?

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

awwwwwwwwww
cats r so cute
i dont understand y people dont like them
i have like abt 10 cats in all
though i m alergic
but i dont really care
they r soooo cute
wasalam
-Hafsah

Mawaddah
06-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Right now I have 12 cats :D

But that Curl Eared one is SO beautiful and the tail is amaaaazing Masha'allah :)

But the Toyger is very pretty too...

Dunno which one to vote for now :lol:

Khayal
06-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Both breeds are sooo beautiful, can't decide who to vote for, so i am not voting..:skeleton:

Tania
06-05-2007, 03:00 PM
CAT ADOPTION
Adopt a cat in june month

by: Dr. Jon from PetPlace
EHow

Do you . . .

• Enjoy unconditional love and constant companionship?

• Believe that caring for a pet for 15 years does not seem like a lifetime?
  • Look forward to having your ankles rubbed by an affectionate, hairy animal?
  • Not mind sharing your house with someone who will never clean up after himself?
  • Love a housemate who randomly and regularly entertains you with outrageous and silly antics?
  • Want to take care of someone every day?
  • Like your lap warmed whenever you sit down?
  • Not mind spending your extra money on pet food, toys, veterinary care, and kitty litter?
  • Believe that spaying and neutering pets will solve the pet overpopulation problem?

• Not mind living with someone who sheds, tracks kitty litter, and throws up hairballs?
  • Want to keep an ID tag on your pet?

If you answered yes to these questions, you could be a perfect cat owner. And now is the perfect time to become one. June is the American Humane's (AH) Adopt-A-Cat Month®.

ummAbdillah
06-05-2007, 03:03 PM
soo cute mashallah! i love animals :)

Khayal
06-05-2007, 05:12 PM
cool one!!

Edit on Tania's request, and voted on

Toyger ...

So gorgeous, mashaAllah!! :thumbs_up

Tania
06-06-2007, 04:26 AM
CAT ADOPTION

EHow

Questions to ask before adoption :)

What Kind Of Cat Do You Want? - THE Appearance:

There are about 35 cat breeds, plus all the wonderful mixes. This variety in cats gives you plenty of things to take into account when making your decision.

Do you have a fondness for cats whose :
ears are folded over

or
whose noses are flatter?

Or do you like those with ears that stand erect:

or
with bushy tails?:

Do you envision a cat with a short, easy-to-care-for coat:

or
a fluffy cat that looks like a ball of fur? :

Cats come in many colors, with many features and coats – which look appeals to you? Keep in mind that, although all cats shed, longer-haired cats require almost daily brushing to keep their fur from matting. Some breeds, like Persians, need to be groomed on a regular basis, which may require professional services.

Khayal
06-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Voted!!!

MashaAllah all are beautiful cats!!!:statisfie

Tania
06-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Cats breed

The MAY WINNER IS:)

The American Curl Breed

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-07-2007, 10:04 PM

Poll updated :)

Beblessed
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
attachmentphp?attachmentid3189&ampstc1&ampd1181256446 -

MuslimahMuminah
06-08-2007, 01:00 AM
A-Salam, Yaa Allah I am cat-o-phobic, if that even exists. I really really dislike cats. And most animals too. I like rabbits, but I'd never have a pet. Cats freak me out, Subhana'allah.

snakelegs
06-08-2007, 02:18 AM
voted no because i already have 1 house cat (former stray) and 2 strays that i feed. realizing how much vets cost, it would be irresponsible.
but sometimes it's really hard to be a Responsible Adult.

Tania
06-08-2007, 03:04 PM
CAT ADOPTION

EHow

What Kind Of Cat Do You Want? - THE Gender and age:

Gender: Do you want a male or a female cat? Knowing ahead of time whether you want a Simba or a Sasha can greatly assist you in narrowing your options.

Age: Do you want a kitten or a cat? Tiny mewing kittens are hard to resist, but, like any other baby, they require frequent feeding and lots of TLC.

Kittens need lots of attention and will have to be trained to use a litter box. Fortunately, most are fast learners and adapt quickly to their new surroundings. You may prefer adult cats that are often already litter box trained, and that will not display the crazy antics of kittens. Also, adult cats (six months or older) may be a better choice for families with small children as they are less fragile and know how to get out of the way.

Khayal
06-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Voted!!
NO, not now, may be in future!!

Cool one!!:)

Khayal
06-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Awww this one is cute too!!

BanGuLLy
06-09-2007, 07:30 PM
LOL WHAT THE^%@#&%*&^??? A thread about cats lol...
lemme tell u girls somethin.. JINNS LOVE POSING AS CATS!!!! lol jkz..
Post this in the sister section.. I dont think men wanna talk about cats..

ummAbdillah
06-09-2007, 07:32 PM
what's wrong with cats? ^ they're too cute!:D

BanGuLLy
06-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I know some people that love pets more than their children lol :P:P:P:P:P

Abdihakim
06-09-2007, 08:12 PM
cats are ok but i prefer LIONS lol :D

Tania
06-10-2007, 05:44 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
LOL WHAT THE^%@#&%*&^??? A thread about cats lol...
lemme tell u girls somethin.. JINNS LOVE POSING AS CATS!!!! lol jkz..
Post this in the sister section.. I dont think men wanna talk about cats..
The thread is open to everyone from this forum, regardless of gender. You are welcome too to post here about animals what you like but don't say men are not willing to take part in this thread. To talk about animals is not only a women atribute.

Khayal
06-10-2007, 05:49 AM

The thread is open to everyone from this forum, regardless of gender. You are welcome too to post here about animals what you like but don't say men are not willing to take part in this thread. To talk about animals is not only a women atribute.
Voted !

wow! nice pic. with ur comments..;D :giggling:

ummAbdillah
06-10-2007, 04:52 PM
salaam
Tania the cat is so cute :) *awww*
ta, w/salaam

BanGuLLy
06-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Tania that Jinn is so ugly...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-10-2007, 05:34 PM
^^Chyll out aight.

Anyways I voted first 1 :D tho i wouldnt have minded pickin more.

Tania
06-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Between 11-15 june 2007 will be posted the next article related to the cat adoption month and friday the current poll will be closed.
From 16th june 2007 the breed poll will be back:)
Thank you for understanding:-[

BanGuLLy
06-10-2007, 06:50 PM

ummAbdillah
06-10-2007, 07:11 PM
:sl: ^ errr :X sorry.... but that's jus...:X
never mind :w:

BanGuLLy
06-10-2007, 07:23 PM
lol :giggling:

ummAbdillah
06-10-2007, 09:29 PM

awww :statisfie so cute *mashallah*
w/salaam

Khayal
06-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Here is my beautiful cat, kittygyal.

syilla
06-11-2007, 01:36 AM

:D :D :D

delicous food presentation??? :?

don't worry

have you brushed your teeth?

Tania
06-11-2007, 02:53 AM
The cat is fat but how cute they are sleeping :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-11-2007, 03:47 AM
LoL@ all da pics, cute and funny ;D The kid is fat and cute! Lol!

*~Sofia~*
06-11-2007, 11:42 AM

salams all

wasalam :D

*~Sofia~*
06-11-2007, 11:53 AM
salams,

check out this cat ! :omg: :omg:

w/s

Tania
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
CAT ADOPTION

EHow

What Kind Of Cat Do You Want? - Personality:

Many cats are affectionate and friendly, while others can be aloof and distant. Some breeds are more inquisitive, more laid back, or more talkative (like the Siamese). What type of personality would work best in your household? Do you have the energy for an energetic kitten? Or would you rather have a mellow cat who is better suited to a quiet household?

Khayal
06-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Awwww! luv it.:)

Tania
06-12-2007, 03:17 PM
CAT ADOPTION

EHow

What Kind Of Cat Do You Want? - Other Family Members opinion

Discuss the needs, concerns, fears and medical issues – namely allergies – of everyone in your household. Does everyone want to have a new cat? Is everyone looking forward to loving and caring for a new member of the family?

Decide how much time each family member can spend with the animal and the responsibilities each will have.

Tania
06-12-2007, 03:36 PM
CAT ADOPTION

EHow

Visit your local shelter first :)

Throughout the spring and summer, animal shelters throughout the country are inundated with hundreds of homeless cats and dozens of litters of kittens. Tragically, about 71% of these animals will have to be put to sleep because there are not enough loving homes. For this reason, the American Humane Association recommends checking out your local shelter or breed placement group first.

Steps for adoption:
  • Make an appointment with an adoption counselor. Calling ahead saves time, as shelters are busy places staffed mostly by volunteers.
  • Consult a veterinarian about the health issues of different breeds of cats. Some medical problems are more common in certain breeds.
  • Prepare a list of questions and bring it with you to the shelter.
  • Request a tour of the animal wards and exercise rooms. All areas should be clean, comfortable and odor-free - indicators of quality care.
  • Observe the cats available for adoption. Select an active one that shows no signs of respiratory disease, such as sneezing or watery eyes.
  • Ask if the cat has been examined by a veterinarian or animal technician.
  • Ask whether the cat has been tested for feline leukemia, vaccinated, treated for fleas and given worm medication.
  • Play with the cat and check that she has clean ears, healthy pink membranes in her mouth and no evidence of diarrhea under the tail.
  • Check the skin for flea debris or patches that are scaly, inflamed or lacking hair. These could indicate ringworm, which is treatable but contagious (to you and other pets).
  • Pay the adoption fee and consider making a donation. Most animal shelters are private, not-for-profit organizations, operating solely on donated funds.
  • Be prepared to leave the cat at the shelter an additional 24 hours. Most shelters require this waiting period to discourage impulsive adoptions.
  • Take the cat to a veterinarian soon after adoption. Follow the veterinarian's recommendations for completing the vaccination, worming and preventative health protocol

Tania
06-13-2007, 08:18 AM
DOGS IN THE NEWS
New members:statisfie

I would like to present my two dogs :
Falconetti - 13 years old:

Alice - 4 years old, her daughter:

Milliecent - Alice puppy:

Cormos - Alice puppy too:

Tania
06-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Alice with her puppy:

and when she is buzy:

syilla
06-13-2007, 09:10 AM
^^^^wow....you have dogs, turtles, cats ....and????

you must really have a big yard.

For me, taking care of one pet is like sharing half of the house with them. :S

Tania
06-13-2007, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^^wow....you have dogs, turtles, cats ....and????

you must really have a big yard.

For me, taking care of one pet is like sharing half of the house with them. :S
I don't have cats yet:-[ we have an old male cat which each evening walks on our fence straight under my dogs nose and barks but we didn't adopt him yet. I do have 2 snails in an aquarium, 2 tortoises which are walking only inside of the house and the 2 dogs in the yard. I don't have a big yard but they like to sit in the yard door (when its opened) and watch what happens in the street:)

Mawaddah
06-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Here is another addition to our cat family :D

Another one of the cats had 5 kittens so that makes it 12 now that we have in the house because we had to give 2 away :cry:

We haven't named this set yet even though they're almost a month old....just can't get around to it :p

Here is just one pic. This kitty was really sleepy and was stumbling around and found this bowl on the floor empty and thought 'hey! this looks cozy' :giggling:

Tania
06-13-2007, 02:13 PM
She is sooo cute:) I don't think i will let Alice to have other puppies:-[ I can find so hard houses for the puppies.

snakelegs
06-14-2007, 02:43 AM
you're gonna be over run with dogs!
from the pix, i like falconetti. i miss my dog - she died over a year ago and i have never been this dogless before. cats are cool, but they sure ain't dogs.

Tania
06-15-2007, 01:39 PM
CAT ADOPTION

Feline Temperament Testing during the adoption steps:)

If the one that captures your heart is an older feline, here are a few suggestions from animal behaviorists on how to perform a temperament test in the shelter.

• Find out who is friendly. When you talk to them, many cats will greet you by rubbing against the cage door and purring.

• Meet with the cat in a quiet indoor environment. Hold your fingers out and scratch the neck and head area. If he continues to respond in a positive manner, then the cat was probably well socialized in his last home.

• Determine a cat's tolerance for touch. Try to hold the cat. If she immediately struggles to get away, she may not like human contact. Try a few more times, since the cat may be stressed and need a few minutes to calm down.

• Test the cat for affection or aggression. After petting a cat a few times, does he nail you with his claws? This cat may not be happy with being petted, which is something to consider if you are looking for a lap cat.

• Another thing to keep in mind is that cats are very sensitive to the scent of other cats. Consider changing your shirt and washing your hands thoroughly before visiting with another cat.
  • Don't think you have to adopt an animal on your very first visit. This is a big commitment, so take your time. It may require many visits to find the right pet.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-15-2007, 07:36 PM
^^Omg the second pic, they look my kitties ;D

Heres my cat Mano...the REALLY affectionate one :p Lol. Dude wouldnt leave me alone ;D

I bet your wondering why I'm holdin the mouse up :D Well my web cams button wasnt "working" so i had to pick up my mouse and click and let my cat rub allllll at the same time. Also while i was trying to position the web cam! :exhausted. Uhh so yea :D lol. I know its blurry. It was night time and well...its jus blurry :p

Thats gizmo..:D He's sniffin my camera :p lolzzz.

Tania
06-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Gizmo face its so expresive. And his eyes:statisfie I can't see Mano face too well but he has black in head's coat :?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-16-2007, 04:03 AM
That black thing is the mouse in my hand ;D Ill get a better pic soon. I figured out why the pic was blurry! Cuz the camera was mis set :D lol.

Peace

Abdul-Raouf
06-16-2007, 04:42 AM

Heres my cat Mano...the REALLY affectionate one :p Lol. Dude wouldnt leave me alone ;D

I bet your wondering why I'm holdin the mouse up :D

R u trying to make ur cat eat thaaaat mouse..:omg: .. Your cat likes thaat ???

LOL jus jokin:)

Tania
06-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Cats breed

Part XXIX Breed profile: American Keuda:)

Origin :
Keudas are thought to be descendents of some of the first cats brought to Texas and some may come from Spanish origins. Isolated and remote colonies which have been checked as fully as possible for the oldest lines have been the source for the breeding cats.

Appearance :
These cats are semi-foreign in build with a modified wedge head, refined muzzle and moderately large ears, making the head appear triangular.They are equipped with excess skin, elbow and belly flaps and have straight, medium to short hair, and long tapering tails.

Body:
Medium in length, athletic; a belly flap and loose skin on adults; moderately substantial bone especially in males

Coat patterns:
These cats come in varying colors. Most common are black, white, blue, smoke, brown tabby, silver tabby, color point, red, and recently, piebalds.

Personality
For the most part Keudas are energetic and outgoing. They often like to play in water and may attempt to share their owners shower or help with the dishes.It is advisable to keep fish bowls covered in their presence.Colony spirit is strong in them and they will often mother the new kitten or defend the garden from the dog next door, yet they will befriend the family dog.

[/B]
Intelligence
They may be taught to walk on a leash and are generally considered to be quite intelligent.

Grooming
Once per week.

Health
American Keuda Cats cannot tolerate extreme cold well, since they have no undercoat.

Source
Source
Pictures are from AKCA

Khayal
06-16-2007, 07:25 PM

All are cute, but i like these two pics the most.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-17-2007, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
R u trying to make ur cat eat thaaaat mouse..:omg: .. Your cat likes thaat ???

LOL jus jokin:)
LoL! he'd have a hard time eating it ;D and even if he does, he'll prolly be barfin all night :D :p

Tania
06-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Cats breed

Part XXX Breed profile: KUCING MALAYSIA :)
The pictures belong to Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Origin :
The idea of a cat that could be identified with Malaysia came up at the end of 1994.
Opinions were sought from the various International Judges that were in Malaysia.
For almost a year, these were gathered and finally The FIFe 's President
and also as the Board Member of the International World Body in maintaining
and regulating breed standards, Mrs. Alva Uddin came out with the selection
of Kucing Malaysia or Malaysia Cat.
The first cats could be seen by the year of 2008.

Appearance :
The ideal Kucing Malaysia or Malaysia Cat is a medium sized cat with
medium boned muscular body. The main feature will be the egg shaped head
and together with the openness of the eyes, should give the
characteristic alert appearance of the breed.

Body:
Medium in length and broad chest, with good depth and strong muscle
tone. High legs, medium to slender in size (more slender for females)
with slightly oval paws.

Coat patterns:
All colors recognized in the Pointed patterns with white. A white blaze
in the face and muzzle is desirable.
The tail is medium thick with a rounded tip, of medium length and up to the shoulder
blades. Tail should be full colored.

Personality
Similar to persian

Source

Tania
06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
CAT ADOPTION
Adopt a cat in june month - Poll results

8 readers would adopt a cat, 4 readers would not consider to adopt a cat in this year and 1 reader already adopted 3 cats this year:)

- Qatada -
06-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Poll opened till erm..

I think 24th of June 2007 i think :) And Allaah knows best.

Did it work? :?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-17-2007, 05:28 PM
^^Ermmm I cant vote brother :X
There are 2 pics, but 4 places to vote..:? lol

- Qatada -
06-17-2007, 05:29 PM

I'll try askin bro Madani.. i think he's offline yet.

Khayal
06-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Voted for .....:)

snakelegs
06-17-2007, 06:54 PM
i voted for the american keuda because i like the fact that it comes in so many colours.

Tania
06-17-2007, 07:53 PM
CAT COAT COLORS AND PATTERNS
Coat colors: Self (Solid) Colors - The white

Pet people place
Pusscats

Solid or Self- The easiest one to recognize is a coat of one colour that is evenly distributed all over the body.

!Colors have different names in different countries and in different breeds. Different breeds/countries may use the same name for different colors! This section describes colors in as non-specific a way as possible.!

White - This is the only color that is always solid without any underlying tabby markings. There are several genetic varieties of white, some of which create an all-over solid white cat, others bicolor or tricolor cats. One genetic variety of solid white can sometimes cause deafness; however, not all white cats are deaf (just as not all deaf cats are necessarily white).
If the cat retains any spot of another colour on the coat, it is no longer considered a solid.

Pk_#2
06-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Ello Tania :D And JoLie

Kitty American Keuda is cooooooooool

:D Much cuter than the ova thing sorry lol

*~Sofia~*
06-18-2007, 03:04 PM
salams all

yeh i voted 4 the american keuda too, its sooooo CUTE! :D

wasalam

Tania
06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Coat colors: Self (Solid) Colors - The black

Cat Fanciers

A "solid black" is just that: black all over. It may be coal black, grayish black, or brownish black. Black cats can "rust" in the sunlight, the coat turning a lighter brownish shade.

Coal black:

Grayish black:

Brownish black:

Khayal
06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Scary :skeleton: n at the same time handsome too..:D

Pureyemeni
06-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Sister kittygyal loves my cat. I have one cat and its in kittygyal userpage the one lying down.
nice thread kittygyal Allah bless you

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-18-2007, 11:55 PM
that white cat on the previous page looks like my cat Angel :D

vpb
06-19-2007, 12:00 AM

guyss, i can't believe. 1713 replies on a cat's thread?? ...u ppl are wierd +o(

Pk_#2
06-19-2007, 07:33 AM
shurruP ur jus jealous,

^^ he wants a cat ppl

send him all ur unwanted furry pets :D

vpb
06-19-2007, 07:58 AM
shurruP ur jus jealous,

^^ he wants a cat ppl

send him all ur unwanted furry pets
probably 50% of the LI database size is this thread . I like cats, but sometimes I dislike them bc of this thread . lollll

Tania
06-19-2007, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
probably 50% of the LI database size is this thread . I like cats, but sometimes I dislike them bc of this thread . lollll
I can send you a puppy or even two:statisfie if you will be a good owner.

skhalid
06-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Kucing Malaysia is scary

vpb
06-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I can send you a puppy or even two

if you will be a good owner.
do u have a persian cat? :D

Tania
06-19-2007, 02:40 PM
do u have a persian cat? :D
No, i have 2 dogs and 2 puppies:)

vpb
06-19-2007, 02:42 PM
No, i have 2 dogs and 2 puppies

a puppy dog?

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 02:47 PM
salamualikum
I have 2 puppies but no ones having them all mine :)
ma'assalama

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
a puppy dog?
salamualikum.
Lol, she has two big dogs and 2 little dogs. Thats easier to understand now
Ma'assalama

vpb
06-19-2007, 02:49 PM

^^ stingy muslims. loll

salamualikum.
Lol, she has two big dogs and 2 little dogs. Thats easier to understand now
Ma'assalama
that's what i thought, but anyways I can't have dogs.

BanGuLLy
06-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I FOUND KITTYGALS CATS!!!!

Tania
06-19-2007, 02:50 PM
a puppy dog?
You can see them :here

vpb
06-19-2007, 02:51 PM

^^ ooo oooo. You will probably get a red rep. from kitty. ;D

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 02:53 PM

^^ stingy muslims. loll

that's what i thought, but anyways I can't have dogs.
Salamualikum.

Had to open a dictionary to find the meaning of what 'stingy' meant cause i thought it meant stinky Lol :X

anywho am no stingy or tight but just don't like giving them away, well basically i bought them and i fed them so why should i gave them away now. On a safe note you can have them by feeding them and sending food to my house then that means were sharing. Mama Mia.

Can't have dogs? then keep a teddy bear dog. hmpfft
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Salamualikum.
I don't know why you always talk about my cats but am very sorry to say you can't have any of them so if i was you swiftly move along with life and just leave me cats alone because you don't suit them. Instead of meowing about me cats why not shoo off to a clothing shop for a out-fit for a cat and wear it then you don't have to talk about me cats and dream about me cats and say there ugly when you haven't seen them. So come again blud.

Wow them cats that have mask on pretty look buff ta for sharing
Ma'assalama

vpb
06-19-2007, 02:56 PM
anywho am no stingy or tight but just don't like giving them away, well basically i bought them and i fed them so why should i gave them away now. On a safe note you can have them by feeding them and sending food to my house then that means were sharing. Mama Mia.
sometimes I forget to feed myself, let alone the dogs. trust me, I've feed them enough.

Can't have dogs? then keep a teddy bear dog. hmpfft
u mean a doll teddy bear dog? ;D

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 02:58 PM

Salamualikum.

he dreams he saw me cats when he never. Ah! i can't gave anymore reps because me too generous anywho if i do gave a rep he will say 'i was joking sis:)' so rather not.
Ma'assalama

BanGuLLy
06-19-2007, 02:59 PM

She always gives me a red rep.. shes a hater:raging:

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
sometimes I forget to feed myself, let alone the dogs. trust me, I've feed them enough.

u mean a doll teddy bear dog? ;D
Salamualikum.
Oh! i think am thinking about dogs you fed with beef Lol :X
yes a teddy doll one it will suit big time
Ma'assalama

vpb
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
She always gives me a red rep.. shes a hater

I know, i got one before for critizing her about her way of writing.

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 03:01 PM
She always gives me a red rep.. shes a hater:raging:
Salamualikum.
Wonder why eh? because you need to get of me back and stop chatting load of bull about me cats and then say you i start arguments with you bro you need to think before you type walahi you do so KHALAS!!!
Now stay on topic or go away simple as!
ma'assalama

vpb
06-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh! i think am thinking about dogs you fed with beef Lol

no , i fed them with proper food.

BanGuLLy
06-19-2007, 03:04 PM
ur the one always startin **** wit me..always sayin somethin negative about my comments..SO YOU GET OFF MY BACK FIRST :raging:

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 03:05 PM
no , i fed them with proper food.
Salamualikum.
Good. so why don't you get one to guard your house?
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
ur the one always startin **** wit me..always sayin somethin negative about my comments..SO YOU GET OFF MY BACK FIRST :raging:
Salamualikum.
Look at all the posts me done and then just p'm me them and tell me what negative i have said to you. Anywho please stay on topic inshallah and forgive me if i have hurt you in anyway.
feel sick +o(
Ma'assalama

vpb
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Good. so why don't you get one to guard your house?
1.dogs can't guard the house.
2.i'm not living at my house at the moment.
3. i can't get one right now.
4. Islam doesn't permit

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
1.dogs can't guard the house.
2.i'm not living at my house at the moment.
3. i can't get one right now.
4. Islam doesn't permit
Salamualikum

1. yes, some dogs do if you get a pit bull and get it trained. Tough job though.

2. okay

3. okay if you can't. cause they cost alot

4. Islam allows a gurad dog tho

ma'assalama

vpb
06-19-2007, 03:14 PM
1. yes, some dogs do if you get a pit bull and get it trained. Tough job though.
I hate pitbulls, they are agressive dogs, and you can never trust them, even if you are the owner.

3. okay if you can't. cause they cost alot
i live in a hall, rulez don't allow me.

4. Islam allows a gurad dog tho
why would I need a dog to guard my house?? if I would be allowed to have a dog, i would keep it to stay with the dog, no leave him outside .

Tania
06-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Coat colors: Self (Solid) Colors - The blue

Cat Fanciers

A "solid blue" is blue-gray all over. It may be a dark slate gray, a medium gray, or a pale ash gray. This color is also sometimes called "maltese." This is the color of the Russian Blue, Chartreux, and Korat, but it can appear in almost any other breed as well, and is also seen in non-purebreds. Solid blue does not indicate that a cat is related to any of these breeds.
Russian blue cat:

Chartreux cat:

Korat cat:

BanGuLLy
06-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Cats are good for nothin.. why waste your time lookin after a cat..
My pet is a car :) vrom vrom .. I feed it.. I let it sleep.. I make sure its not lazy.. I educate it.. I give it new shoes.. I give my car a bath... and it DOES STUFF FOR ME... Unlike a cat.. where it ****s all over the place and makes u clean it up lol

*~Sofia~*
06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Cats are good for nothin.. why waste your time lookin after a cat..
My pet is a car :) vrom vrom .. I feed it.. I let it sleep.. I make sure its not lazy.. I educate it.. I give it new shoes.. I give my car a bath... and it DOES STUFF FOR ME... Unlike a cat.. where it ****s all over the place and makes u clean it up lol
i swear ur post sed sumthing completely different a second ago, and i was gona reply 2 that.. hmmm anyways :rollseyes

a cat can show u love, it appreciates everything u do for him/her. and cats don't leave mess everywer, it learns to do it's business in a litter tray or outside.. cats r extremely intelligent and make very gud companions.. so there!

BanGuLLy
06-19-2007, 03:46 PM
They deleted the post :(

*~Sofia~*
06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
They deleted the post :(
yeh im not surprised.. wasn't very appropriate was it :rollseyes

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Salamualikum

Cats are the most caring loving animal. Alhamdulillah i love all ANIMALS there ALLAH subhnwatallah's creatures.
Good gyal sis sofia your right :)

Ma'assalama

*~Sofia~*
06-19-2007, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum

Cats are the most caring loving animal. Alhamdulillah i love all ANIMALS there ALLAH subhnwatallah's creatures.
Good gyal sis sofia your right :)

Ma'assalama
jazakallah sis im glad u agree :D
an it luks like we both got sumfing in common: i jus love all animals too :statisfie

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
jazakallah sis im glad u agree :D
an it luks like we both got sumfing in common: i jus love all animals too :statisfie

Salamualikum.
Ya am one heck of a crazy cat over CATS i got 6cats, 1parrot, n two puppies ALONG with nephews 4hamsters mashallah
ma'assalama

vpb
06-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Ya am one heck of a crazy cat over CATS i got 6cats, 1parrot, n two puppies ALONG with nephews 4hamsters mashallah
I think you have started becoming "KittyGail Ace Ventura I"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.