/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snowy's cats, kittens and other animals thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

*~Sofia~*
06-19-2007, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Ya am one heck of a crazy cat over CATS i got 6cats, 1parrot, n two puppies ALONG with nephews 4hamsters mashallah
ma'assalama
:sl:

wow mashallah, das one full house u got sis.. dey probabyl a handful? ive only got 1 cat, but he's gorguz :D
i reallllllllllllly want a puppy but not allowed to :( oh well.. i'll jus do wid ma cat :)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*~Sofia~*
06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
:sl:I think you have started becoming "KittyGail Ace Ventura I"
^ ;D

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Salamualikum.

@ Sofii.. No thats not a handful i want MORE. In US you can have how much ever in UK you can have jack all!

@ VIP.. what is that meant to mean? am dead

ma'assalama

vpb
06-19-2007, 04:26 PM
@ VIP.. what is that meant to mean? am dead
What does it mean? - right question. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Ventura

Ace Ventura is an eccentric detective who specializes in cases involving pet animals. The character of Ace was created by screenwriter Jack Bernstein. He had wanted to do a comedic version of Sherlock Holmes, and when watching "stupid pet tricks" on Late Night With David Letterman, got the idea for a pet detective.

anyways, don't have to do more research, bc it's not compitable with Islamic teachings. It's a stupid movie.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Salamualikum.
I getcha. ew sherlock holmes with big specks and a very long coat what a geek eww :X
anywho ya i love ANIMALS
ma'assalama

Curaezipirid
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
In thinking I ought to persever with repudiating my reputation as though a shaytan, I have another cat tale to tell.

Once, a friend of mine was living in the desert, at a place called Nyrpi in the Northern Territory. It is about a thousand miles out north west into the sand from Alice Springs. They were ananda margas and living in an Aboriginal community who were mostly Animsts and partly culturally aligned with Islam when not drunk, but also many who attend the nearest Christian Church, a Baptist one, which is hundreds of kilometres away at Yuendumu. My friends had a cat there, which was a bit (very actually) bad of them, because the area has native hopping mice, that are marsupials and an endangered species because of introduced cats.

One day my friends had been in Sydney, and just arrived back into Nyrpi in the mail plane, and when unpacking their luggage, a big hairy funnel web spider came out and hid in their house in the desert.

Funnel webs are the only spider that will attack a Human and also are the most venemous spider that is. They are indigenous to the Sydney region.

Then somehow or other it happened that the cat and a hopping mouse got entangled with the spider, with the spider on the back of the mouse and the mouse in the cats mouth.

The first my friends knew of the spider being in their house was that they were all rousing on their cat for chasing a hopping mouse, without realising that the hopping mouse needed saving from the big spider.

The Aborigines who live at that place reckon that those particular friends are big super-poisonous spiders now, and sort of take ample advantage of that knowledge by Animst traditions mixed in with Christianity within a culture which is stablised by the five pillars.

But sorry to bother you. (she said bigly and hairily)

Tania
06-20-2007, 07:52 PM
and what happened with the cat :? and the mouse:? because this spider its seems very dangerous.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-20-2007, 11:42 PM

Poll updated :)

Tania
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Cats breed

The first winner of the JUNE is:)
The AMERICAN KEUDA BREED
:bravo:

rozeena
06-21-2007, 10:37 AM
i've heard choorels turn in2 cats. is dt true??? n is der such a fing as a choorel???

Tania
06-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Cats treats

Homemade treats for cats: Savory Cheese Treats

by: dr. Jon from Petplace

Original recipe yield: around 3 days treats for one cat (2 dozen)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3/4 cup white flour
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine cheeses and yogurt. Add flour and cornmeal. Knead dough into a ball and roll to 1/4 inch. Cut into one inch sized pieces and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Makes 2 dozen.

Pk_#2
06-21-2007, 04:59 PM
A black CAT

or a white KITTY

but i voted black cat Awwwwww MY nighbour has a black cat and shes got a red collar thingy and shes soooooo preeeeeeeety (ermmm) lol

hehe :D

smile
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM
why are u people so obsessed about cars and furry soft cuddly things???

Pk_#2
06-21-2007, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
who said anythin bout cars? :-\

But yeah i like cars azwelll :D

A cat in a car that'll be cool!

Kittygyal
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
Salamualikum.
CARS:? nah love it's CATS!
Why shouldn't we!?
Ma'assalama

Pureyemeni
06-21-2007, 08:51 PM
As-salamu Alaykum
I love cats,even though we had some problems with it. I love cats cause they are clean and pure as our Prophet Muhammed(SAW).

Narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood and elsewhere, which says that a woman brought some hareesah (a kind of food) to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) and found her praying. (‘Aa’ishah) gestured to her that she should put it down. Then a cat came and ate some of it. When ‘Aa’ishah had finished praying, she ate from where the cat had eaten and said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum).’ I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) doing wudoo’ with water from which a cat had drunk.”

I bet these days people wouldnt eat food out of which a cat ate,im pretty sure. Subhan'Allah.

So there is nothing wrong with loving or being obsessed with cats,and people if you dont like them,dont comment on it. its better to be quiet than say words that can hurt who love cats.

Wa'salam.

AmarFaisal
06-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Salam,

This is the first time I am posting in this thread. Not very very fond of cats. I loved them, till my husband brought home a small baby cat, cream furr to our home for a night. She was obssessed with love n cuddles. Wouldn't let us sleep and tried jumping on the bed. My husband told me she loved sleeping b/w ppl.:rolleyes:

And then I asked myy husband to get her out of our room n lock her in the other bed room. Poor little thing, I found her on the bed cold in the morning (she was doing perfectly fine though). I felt so sorry for her. I told my husband, I wasn't the cat type, as they ask for a lot of love n I am not used to loving animals.

:cry: I still feel bad abt wht we did...n I don't like to talk abt cats much now. I feel guilty.

AmarFaisal
06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pureyemeni
As-salamu Alaykum
I love cats,even though we had some problems with it. I love cats cause they are clean and pure as our Prophet Muhammed(SAW).

Narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood and elsewhere, which says that a woman brought some hareesah (a kind of food) to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) and found her praying. (‘Aa’ishah) gestured to her that she should put it down. Then a cat came and ate some of it. When ‘Aa’ishah had finished praying, she ate from where the cat had eaten and said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum).’ I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) doing wudoo’ with water from which a cat had drunk.”

I bet these days people wouldnt eat food out of which a cat ate,im pretty sure. Subhan'Allah.

So there is nothing wrong with loving or being obsessed with cats,and people if you dont like them,dont comment on it. its better to be quiet than say words that can hurt who love cats.

Wa'salam.
Dear sis, this thread isn't abt dogs but as they r animals too..I'm asking
Cats can be domesticaed , in Islam it's allowed..right?
But not Dogs...right? I have heard that angels don't come to houses that have dogs...is it true?

Kittygyal
06-21-2007, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
But not Dogs...right? I have heard that angels don't come to houses that have dogs...is it true?
salamualikum.
He's a dude not a dudette.
Ma'assalama

Pureyemeni
06-22-2007, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
lol i know this is not a dog thread,anyways. Yes it is true that Malaa'ikah wont enter a house with pictures or dogs in it. here is the source.

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated 'Aisha

Gabriel made a promise with Allah's Messenger to come at a definite hour; that hour came but he did not visit him. And there was in his hand (in the hand of Allah's Apostle) a staff. He threw it from his hand and said: Never has Allah or His messengers (angels) ever broken their promise. Then he cast a glance (and by chance) found a puppy under his cot and said: Aisha, when did this dog enter here ? She said: By Allah, I don't know. He then commanded and it was turned out. Then Gabriel came and Allah's Messenger said to him: You promised me and I waited for you, but you did not come, whereupon he said: It was the dog in your house which prevented me (to come), for we (angels) do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.

and im a brother not a sis:offended:

Tania
06-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Cats treats

Homemade treats for cats: Chick N'Biscuits

by: dr. Jon from Petplace

Original recipe yield: around 3 days treats for one cat (18 cookies)

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup cornmeal
  • 1 tablespoon soft margarine

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine chicken, broth and margarine and blend well.Add flour and cornmeal. Knead dough into a ball and roll to 1/4 inch. Cut into one-inch sized pieces and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 18 cookies.

Kittygyal
06-22-2007, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pureyemeni
lol i know this is not a dog thread,anyways. Yes it is true that Malaa'ikah wont enter a house with pictures or dogs in it. here is the source.

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated 'Aisha

Gabriel made a promise with Allah's Messenger to come at a definite hour; that hour came but he did not visit him. And there was in his hand (in the hand of Allah's Apostle) a staff. He threw it from his hand and said: Never has Allah or His messengers (angels) ever broken their promise. Then he cast a glance (and by chance) found a puppy under his cot and said: Aisha, when did this dog enter here ? She said: By Allah, I don't know. He then commanded and it was turned out. Then Gabriel came and Allah's Messenger said to him: You promised me and I waited for you, but you did not come, whereupon he said: It was the dog in your house which prevented me (to come), for we (angels) do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.

and im a brother not a sis:offended:

salamualikum
This thread for ALL animals
ma'assalama

AmarFaisal
06-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Dear Sisters n Brother,
Assalamoalaikum,

If u forgive my ignorance n bear with me, I have another question. Mayb through this thread I clear my misconceptions abt cats.

Someone told me that our Prophet (PBUH) loved cats, which is very clear in many hadiths. However, once he saw the cat with a mouse in it's mouth n he asked the cat to be taken out of home. And then he stopped letting the cat in. Is that true? Can anybody provide a hadith on that too?

Another question is abt health hazards. I have heard that cat's hair r dangerous to health and r often shedding. They r esp. dangerous for pregnanat women n children. Is this true or is it just a misconception among ppl?

Tania
06-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Cats breed

Part XXXI Breed profile: Australian mist :)

Origin :
These delectable short-haired cats were the brain-child of Dr. Truda Straede (Nintu Cattery) and were developed from the idea to full register over nine years from 1977. This wholly AUSTRALIAN breed of cat is now recognised by governing councils Australia wide. Australian Mist have a large gene pool, derived from over 30 foundation cats, half Burmese, and a quarter each Abyssinian and Australian Moggy. Burmese contributed the dilution for the colours, the ‘laid back’ nature, four of the colours and some of the pattern, as well as general size and conformation. From the Abyssinian came the beautiful ticking to develop the pattern, two colours, and a touch of lively intelligence. Moggies contributed to the best spots, but primarily to vigour, with a dose of ‘uncosseted’ cat genes improving teeth, kidneys, mothering qualities, and helping to stabilise litter sizes around the feline average of four.

Appearance :
There is nothing extreme about Australian Mist, they are of moderate size, medium boned, rounded of head, with large eyes and ears. Eyes are large and expressive in a range of greens. The nose, chin and whiskerpads are broad giving the face a generous expression. Very popular with first time pedigree cat buyers, their well bred but not extreme appearance appeals as essentially cat.

Body:

Coat patterns:
The coat is short, but resilient, the tail is plumply furred. The colours are warm brown, blue, chocolate, lilac, gold and peach; the pattern is of delicate spots or intricate marbled swirls against a misty ground, with legs and tail ringed and barred, and the face lined.

Personality
Australian Mist are full of love and fun, bright but relaxed, excellent mothers, moderate breeders, and superlative studs. Desexed cats, females and kittens fit in easily with all sorts of other pets.

[/B]
Intelligence
Their conviction that no person or animal could do anything but love them leads to ease of integration with any but the extremely aggressive. Temperament is such that even many males are able to live in small groups with other males. Selection has ensured that they are perfectly happy to live permanently indoors – provided that they have the company of other humans, or felines

Grooming
Once per week

Health
Unknown

Source

Tania
06-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Cats breed

Part XXXII Breed profile:Himalayan-Persian :)

Origin :
The Persian is a widely recognized and popular breed and formed the basis of the early hybridizations that resulted in the development of the Himalayan cat. The early evolution of the Persian most likely occurred on the high, cold plateaus of Persia (now Iran and Iraq). When these cats with a longer, silky coat were brought to Europe by the Phoenicians and the Romans, the Europeans were impressed. Over the years the Persian cat has been purposely bred to perpetuate and accentuate the longhair trait.

Appearance :
Same as persian

Body:
Same as at persian

Coat patterns:
In 1957 the Himalayan was recognized in CFA in seal, blue, chocolate and lilac point. These colors were followed by the flame and tortie points in 1964, blue-cream points in 1972, cream points in 1979, and lynx points in 1982. While seal, blue, chocolate and lilac points have been recognized the longest, it has only been recently that the chocolate and lilac point Himalayans have become competitive. Since 1992 we have seen a large increase in the number of chocolates and lilacs achieving grand champion status. The genetics of chocolate and lilac are complex. As a result, there have been only a few breeders willing to work with those colors. The improvement in type is a direct result of the dedication of these few breeders.

Personality
For the most part the Himalayan is not a hyperactive cat; that is to say, they are not moving all the time. They like to play and they are active, but they like their lap time and prefer to be doing whatever you are doing! The best way to describe colorpoint Persians is to say they are "people oriented."

[/B]
Intelligence
Same as persian

Grooming
As with any longhair cat, the Himalayan requires grooming maintenance. The Himmy should be groomed on a daily basis, and weekly baths are not uncommon in many catteries. If you are thinking of entering a cat show, then the Himalayan requires a much more rigorous grooming schedule. (When I say rigorous, depending on the coat, it could mean a bath every other day! It all depends on the coat your Himmy is wearing.) For the most part Himalayans have been groomed and bathed since they were young kittens so they agree to the process without too much complaining.

Health
Breeders of the colorpoint Persian are sometimes criticized for breeding "extreme" cats with "pushed in faces" and "running eyes." Responsible breeders pay close attention to the overall beauty of expression no matter how short the nose. It IS possible to breed a beautiful Persian with a very short nose that breathes and tears normally. They are not PRONE to respiratory problems - they are generally healthy, vigorous cats.

Source

Tania
06-24-2007, 05:13 PM
CAT COAT COLORS AND PATTERNS
Coat colors: Self (Solid) Colors - Poll results

Polls show that white solid cats are favored to become house pets (8 votes), although that not exclude the black (3 votes) and blues (1 votes) to can find an owner too. 2 Readers doesn't like at all the solid color cats :(.

- Qatada -
06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
:salamext:

Which is the cuter breed?

Poll will close on 1st July 2007 insha Allaah. :)

snakelegs
06-24-2007, 06:33 PM
it was real easy this time - i voted australian mist. i don't like those longhaired things! :D
when i went to vote, it said i had already voted. hmmmm......as usual, the question is - is it me or Them?

Khayal
06-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Voted for......

AmarFaisal
06-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Hey comeon Everyone..am I the only one who voted for that HImalayan Girl?....she's asking for so much more attention with that over grown hair....pliz somebody??

Tania
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Cat history

Cat prehistory: ARCHAEOLOGY

from Source1
Source2

Cat history and the evolution of the cat dates back about 200 million years to when their earliest ancestors evolved from reptiles.

Prehistoric remains of catsare few and far between but the dental pattern of modern day cats is similar to that found in fossilised creodonts - primitive fish-eating mammals which lived about 50 million years ago.

However, this genetic line failed to survive and there are no direct descendants today. At the same time, another group of animals called the miacids (which lived 40 - 50 million years ago) also had cat-like cutting teeth. These were small weasel-like forest-dwelling creatures. Not just cat history, but the history of all land dwelling carnivores can be traced back to these animals.

Even though everyone has heard about the "Sabre-toothed Tiger" or Smilodon - which had canine teeth 8 inches (20cm) or longer - this animal is not in fact related to the big cats found on Earthtoday. The last sabre toothed "cats" died out as recently as 30,000 years ago (based on fossil records in Britain) and possibly only 13,000 years ago (fossil records in California).
The sabre-toothed tiger:

The skeleton of the sabre-toothed:

Fossils from 12 million years ago are similar to modern small cats. By 3 million years ago there were a wide variety of cats which populated the whole world except the Arctic, Antarctic, Australia and the inhospitable tundra regions. However, Australia does have some indigenous cat-like species e.g. the "marsupial cat".

The marsupial 'Tiger Cat' which is now on extinction list :( :

Northern quoll, a cat-sized marsupial - here he has another name :-[ :

Pk_#2
06-26-2007, 02:46 PM

aWWWWWWWwwwwwwWWWWWWwwwww

cUTE!! YeShh

looks like sum1 jus' *coughed* him..

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2007, 02:58 PM
i cant stop laughing every time i look at the himalayan persian breed!!!!!! looooool !!!! i like it!!!!

Al-Hanbali
06-26-2007, 03:03 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Cats breed

Part XXXII Breed profile:Himalayan-Persian :)

^ That one looks evil!

Tania
06-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Cat history

Cat History in The Ancient World

from Source1
Source2

Before there was any companionable association between cats and humans, killer cats hunted our ancestors about 2.5 million years ago. But, thankfully, after a couple of millennia, things changed with our mutual association apparently beginning about 10,000 years ago.

Cat skeletons have been found in very early human settlements but archaeologists have assumed that they were wild cats. In all likelihood, the first time cats began associating with humans was toward the end of the Stone Age. It took many centuries, however, for the cat to become established as a domestic animal.

About 5,000 years ago (3,000 B.C.) cats were accepted members of the households of Ancient Egypt. Many of the breeds we now know have evolved from these ancient cats.

The Egyptians used the cat to hunt fish and birds as well as to destroy the rats and mice that infested the grain stocks along the Nile. They called their cats "Mau" and adorned them with jewels and gold earrings.

The cat Goddess Bastet:

The cat was considered so valuable that laws protected it, and eventually a cult of cat worship developed that lasted for more than 2,000 years. The cat goddess Bastet - whose name was also spelled Bast, Pasht, and many other ways - became one of the most sacred of all figures of worship. She was represented by the head of a cat. Soon all cats became sacred to the Egyptians, and all were well cared for.

Bubastis - The cat cemetery:

If someone killed a cat, the punishment was usually death. When a pet cat died, its Egyptian master shaved off his eyebrows as a sign of mourning. After a cat's death, its body was mummified and buried along with mummified mice and saucers of milk in special cemeteries. One cemetery found in the 1800s contained the preserved bodies of more than 300,000 cats.

Egyptian cat mummies:

Skulls found in Egyptian cat burial grounds mainly come from the species Felis libyca which at that time was a wild cat that inhabited Asia and North Africa. This desert-living cat is now thought to have been the main ancestor of the domestic catswe have today. Migration and interbreeding with native cats resulted (in Europe) in the emergence of a thicker set domestic cat - similar to the European Wild Cat (Felis silvestris).

Felis Libyca its a much smaller cat than the european cat:

Tania
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Cat history

Cat History in The Ancient World - cat domestication

from
dr. Jon Petplace
Source1
Source2

During the cats reign in ancient Egypt, grateful the people made numerous inscription at their death, like this one:
Inscription on the royal tombs in Thebes read:

"Thou art the Great Cat, the avenger of the gods, and the judge of words, and the president of the sovereign chiefs and the governor of the holy Circle; thou art indeed…the Great Cat"

The Egyptians had strict laws prohibiting the export of cats; however, because cats were valued in other parts of the world for their rat-catching prowess, they were taken by the Greeks and Romans to most parts of Europe. Naturally, humans would have selected cats with a docile nature and kept those that responded positively to human behaviour. From North Africa, domestication of cats spread through the Middle East, India and into China but human settlements in Europe didn't have domesticated cats until the Romans introduced them much later. While cats didn't reach Japan until 999 A.D., they were prized as pets as well as rodent catchers.

Paintings and inscriptions of cats from 2,000BC, in Egypt, suggest that they were living with humans as domesticated animals at that time and later the cat became an important religious symbol, even being buried in their own cemeteries.

Cats were kept on ships to control the rodent population and, as a result, the seafaring explorers from Europe carried and introduced domesticated cats all over the world.

Overland caravans lengthened the cat's popularity to the north and east. Slowly cats migrated to India, China, and Japan, where they were highly prized as pets and impressive rodent killers.

Once royalty in Egypt, the cats will known a very sad faith in the years which will come :(.

Tania
06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Cats breed

Poll results
The second winner of the june is:

THE AUSTRALIAN MIST BREED :)

- Qatada -
06-28-2007, 02:50 PM

Poll opened till 1st July 2007.

snakelegs
06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
i voted yes - why would anyone object to them killing rodents? it is a good thing! my cat is also fond of killing cockroaches - an extra bonus.

Tania
06-28-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i voted yes - why would anyone object to them killing rodents? it is a good thing! my cat is also fond of killing cockroaches - an extra bonus.
I hope you didn't feed to them the Bawanschi family:-[

Pk_#2
06-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I hope you didn't feed to them the Bawanschi family:-[
what's that sis?,

i would be happy if my cat ate a rat, or even killed it...coz i hate rats dey scare me...even mice..

eeeeeeeek!

Peace. :D

snakelegs
06-29-2007, 12:41 AM
no - i wouldn't feed him madame blavatsky!!!
(madame blavatsky is a colony of brazilian cockroaches who live in a cage in my bathroom. i bought them to feed to tarantulas and alligator lizards, but they didn't like them).
i also have a couple of nice little goldfish my frog didn't eat - have had them for about 4 years now.
(yes, i know i'm insane!) :D

Tania
06-29-2007, 04:52 AM
I was sure i didn't write correct their name :giggling:

Khayal
06-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Yes! I think so.....Voted!!!:blind:

Tania
06-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Cat history

Cat History in The MIDDLE AGE

from
Source1
Source2

The course of cat history took a nasty turn in Europe during the Middle Ages. Cats became an object of superstition and were associated with evil. People who kept cats were suspected of wickedness and were often put to death along with their animals.

Assumption
Often dwelling alone out in the woods, Witches lived close
to Nature, and attuned to Her cycles. Their gardens grew not only food,
but also many kinds of herbs, including those valued for their medic-
inal, anesthetic and hallucinogenic properties. In a period of time
when good Christian folk maintained only those domestic animals that
could be considered "livestock" (i.e., useful to humans), Witches
frequently kept wild animal pets: foxes, ferrets, owls, ravens and of
course, the ubiquitous cats. Such became known, appropriately enough, as
familiars.

Action
In the 13th century, the first witchcraft trials began. The pagan religions held that witches turned into cats and so cats were blamed for everything from souring the beer to spreading disease. It was commonly believed that their teeth contained venom and that their breath caused disease and infection. Any cat that was seen in the company of an old woman was assumed to be a witch's familiar.

Consequence
When Witches came to be persecuted, so did these familiar
animals, and the brutal capture, torture and burning of millions of cats
that accompanied the Witch burnings begat the horrible Black Plague that
devastated Europe in the 14th century, for the cats had kept the rat
populations under control, and it was rat fleas that were the carrier of
the bubonic plague bacillus."The Burning Times"

Tania
06-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Cat history

Cat History between XIII - XVII centuries

from
Source1

Pope Gregory IX denounced the black cat as diabolical in his 1233 Papal Bull 'Vox in Rama' and this launched the extermination of many cats. In the late Middle Ages, thousands of cats were burned alive in the cause of searching out the devil. Many of the European Fire Festivals and Wicker traditions involved the sacrifice or burning of cats. Women who owned cats were accused of being witches, using their cat's as 'familiars' to do evil to others. The glittering eyes, fecundity and lustful mating behaviour of the cat became signs of ungodliness rather than symbols of divinity. By the Medieval period, cats in Christendom had lost most vestiges of divine status although they were still believed to have magic powers. The cat was therefore a symbol of luck to some and an instrument of evil to others.
!!!As the cat population dwindled, the disease-carrying rat population increased, a factor that contributed greatly to the spread of plagues like the Black Deathand other epidemics throughout Europe. In fact the domestic cat population of Europe came close to being wiped out.

Cardinal Richelieu:

Although superstition and persecution was the fate of the common cat in Europe, cats were often accepted by the upper classes and in academic circles. Cardinal Richelieu (1585-1642) even left pensions for his 14 cats. The church was also divided in it's treatment of the cat. Whilst cat's were being persecuted and butchered as demonic, others enjoyed the affection and protection of some religious communities. They proliferated in church carvings and were viewed as useful domestic animals, keeping vermin under control.

In countries not influenced by the spread of Christianity, the cat did not experience demonic associations. In Japan, cats were the prized pets of the nobility although this close association with the upper classes meant that cats were often distrusted by the ordinary people. Today, 'Maneki Neko' statues of a cat with a raised paw are still considered to bring good fortune and the Buddhist Gotoku-ji Beckoning Cat temple in Tokyo is dedicated to cats.

In the Islamic world, cats were considered clean and were widely acceptable as pets much earlier than in the Western world. Mohammed himself is reputed to have kept pet cats.

Star
06-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I voted NO. i dont like cast, doesnt matter what they do im terrified off them.

Tania
07-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Cat history

Cat History between XVII - XIX centuries

from
Source1

By the 17th century the cat had begun to regain its former place as a companion animal and a controller of rodents. Many writers, particularly in Franceand England, started keeping them as pets and writing about their good qualities. It became fashionable to own and breed cats, especially the long-haired varieties.

By the late 1800s, cat shows were held in England and the United States and cat fanciers' organizations were established. Many of the superstitions that arose during the period of cat persecution, however, are still evident today in the form of such sayings as "A black cat crossing your path brings bad luck."

Tania
07-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Cat history

DNA studies

from
BBC

Domestic cats around the world can trace their origins back to the Middle East's Fertile Crescent, according to a genetic study in Science journal.
They may have been domesticated by early farming communities, experts say.

But the study suggests the progenitors of today's cats split from their wild counterparts more than 100,000 years ago - much earlier than once thought.

At least five female ancestors from the region gave rise to all the domestic cats alive today, scientists believe.

The earliest archaeological evidence of cat domestication dates back 9,500 years, when cats were thought to have lived alongside humans in settlement sites in Cyprus.

However, the new results show the house cat lineage is far older. Ancestors of domestic cats are now thought to have broken away from their wild relatives and started living with humans as early as 130,000 years ago.

The researchers focused on DNA in the mitochondria, the power plants of cells which supply energy and have their own genetic material.

Comparison of the genetic sequences enabled researchers to determine the relationships between different cat lineages.

The scientists found the cats fell into distinctive genetic "clades", or groups.

The results show that, apart from accidental cross-breeding, European wildcats are not part of the domestic moggy's family tree.

Neither are the Central Asian wildcat, the Southern African wildcat, or the Chinese desert cat.

But domestic cats formed a clade with some wildcats from the Middle East, suggesting that today's moggy stems from the wild felines of this region.

Rodent catching

Experts believe cats originally sought out human company, attracted by rodents infesting the first agricultural settlements.

The early farmers of the fertile crescent - present-day Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Israel - would have found the animals extremely useful for protecting their grain stores - an association that continues to this day.

"The felidae family is well known as a successful predator - very deadly, very ferocious, very threatening to all species including humankind," said co-author Stephen O'Brien, of the US National Cancer Institute.

"But this little guy actually chose not to be that," he said, "he actually chose to be a little bit friendly and also was a very good mouser."

The study included researchers from the UK, the US, Germany, Israel, Spain and France.

Tania
07-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Cat history

Poll results

With only 1 objection the cats can stay calm: they can follow their natural predator instincts because the owners would never be ofended:statisfie

Tania
07-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Cat breeds

The finalists of the june month are:

American Keuda breed:

Australian mist breed:

- Qatada -
07-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Poll open till Thursday 12th July 2007.

Yanal
07-01-2007, 05:22 PM
i bet you are bored me too .....

- Qatada -
07-01-2007, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
i bet you are bored me too .....

:lol: joker.. what do u want to do bro?

'Abd al-Baari
07-01-2007, 05:25 PM

Both cats look cool..but i voted for the Australian Mist :)

Al_Imaan
07-01-2007, 05:38 PM
AUSTRALIAN MIST....adorable...:D

snakelegs
07-01-2007, 10:34 PM
voted for the australian mist, but i think both are beautiful cats.

Star
07-01-2007, 10:37 PM
voted for australian mist, the other cats scared me, *the eyes*

Pk_#2
07-01-2007, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Both cats look cool..but i voted for the Australian Mist :)
yeah i wanted to vote for both

But i dun the opposite to you

:D Peace.

Star
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kajoor
hehe cats aren't scary ;D
for u mayb not, but me im terrified of them :laugh:

Pk_#2
07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Star
for u mayb not, but me im terrified of them :laugh:
Trust me sister once you keep them as a pet your phobia will go away you will soon love them :statisfie and want more and MORE and MOREEEE!!! :D

heh

Star
07-01-2007, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Trust me sister once you keep them as a pet your phobia will go away you will soon love them :statisfie and want more and MORE and MOREEEE!!! :D

heh
i have a friend who has a cat, she used t bring it round to my house everyday when it was a kitten, i used to run from it like a big chicken, i dont think i cn ever get used to a cat, this phobia is for life.

Pk_#2
07-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Awww, nevermind, try goldfishes! :D

All the best, tc :)

Star
07-01-2007, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Awww, nevermind, try goldfishes! :D

All the best, tc :)
ha ha sis if i told about goldfishes, you'd b in fits of laughter, i had 4 of them as pets, i managed to kill them all, allah knows how? im not a pet person. :cry:

Yanal
07-05-2007, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

:lol: joker.. what do u want to do bro?
ah well i like all teh cats and ps qatada why don't you go on msn and what do you want to do

Khayal
07-05-2007, 01:07 AM
All cats are cute, but my vote goes to....

Khayal
07-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Hi, Tania

Tania
07-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Cat breeds

The winner of JUNE is:

THE AUSTRALIAN MIST BREED

Tania
07-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Cats health

How to choose a vet for the cat

How do I begin my search for a veterinarian for my cat?

Approach your search as if you were looking for your own personal doctor.

Preparation
* Ask yourself, what traits do I like to see in doctors that I deal with?
* What kind of medical facility should they have?
* How available do they have to be?
* Is experience more important to me than having a good bedside manner?

Measures
Once you've identified what your basic veterinarian needs and desires are, start looking for input on who meets your qualifications. Ask friends, neighbors, family members, animal shelters, and local cat breeders. Pay attention to any names that are consistently mentioned, whether for good or bad purposes. You should also consult the yellow pages to see if any ads or names catch your attention.

Tania
07-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Cats in the news

Mystery cat takes regular bus to the fish shops :statisfie

Category: Should we try this :?

The cat was nicknamed Macavity after the mystery cat in T.S Elliot's poem. He gets on the bus in front of a row of 1950s semi-detached houses and jumps off at a row of shops down the road which include a fish and chip shop.

Driver Bill Khunkhun, 49, who first saw the cat jumping from the bus in January, said: "It is really odd, the first time I saw the cat jumping off the bus with a group of passengers. I hadn't seen it get on which was a bit confusing.

"The next day I pulled up on Churchill Road to let a couple of passengers on. As soon as I opened the doors the cat ran towards the bus, jumped on and ran under one of the seats, I don't think any of the passengers noticed.

"Because I had seen it jump off the day before I carried on driving and sure enough when I stopped just down the road he jumped off - I don't know why he would catch the bus but he seems to like it. I told some of the other drivers on this route and they have seen him too."

Since January, when the cat first caught the bus he has done it two or three times a week and always gets on and off at the same stops.

Passenger, Paul Brennan, 19, who catches the 331 to work, said: "I first noticed the cat a few weeks ago. At first I thought it had been accompanied by its owner but after the first stop it became quite clear he was on his own.

"He sat at the front of the bus, waited patiently for the next stop and then got off. It was was quite strange at first but now it just seems normal. I suppose he is the perfect passenger really - he sits quietly, minds his own business and then gets off."

Tania
07-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Animals in the news

Squirrel 'spies' seized :statisfie

Category: Unbelievable

Police in Iran are reported to have taken 14 squirrels into custody - because they are suspected of spying.

The rodents were found near the Iranian border allegedly equipped with eavesdropping devices, according to Sky News.

The reports have come from the official Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).

When asked to confirm the story, the national police chief said: "I have heard about it, but I do not have precise information."

The IRNA said that the squirrels were kitted out by foreign intelligence services - but were captured two weeks ago by police officers.

A Foreign Office source told Sky News: "The story is nuts."

But if true, this would not be the first time animals have been used to spy.

During the Second World War, the Allied Forces used pigeons to fly vital intelligence out of occupied France.

More recently, US marines stationed in Kuwait have used chickens as a low-tech chemical detection system.

Khayal
07-25-2007, 03:36 AM
:sl:n Hi Tania

Curaezipirid
07-31-2007, 08:36 AM
WARNING: EVERY CAT LOVER OUGHT TO ACCEPT THESE NEXT FEW POSTS IN THE SPIRIT OF HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE . . . (since I expect even the cat has a place in the transitions of our imaginative intellect into reality)

Salam, maybe I am just a sucker for being cuted out by cattiness, but not always . . . only when in that Indian story about the Mongoose who catches and eats the baby snake.

I will make a Du'a for kittygyal to be in recovery Inshallah.

But perhaps my own animals need to be more properly known in that case.

In Aborigine Dreamtime story, I have a Kangaroo, a big red one.

(but not so big as the one in this picture since the one in the picture is a boy:

His height in adulthood could be eye to eye with a man. They let you pet them only in brief doses, and only if they are used to people feeding them regular. Once a wild grey kangaroo with a joey (baby) in her pouch, got up on her tippy toes to get into the back of my volkswagon van and steal the breakfast cereal there for my children, while we were car camping. They even get the lids of pots. And a good spear hunter can wait to find one ready to die, because they will jump right into the spear if the timing is enough OK. In our culture they are our brothers and sisters, and we believe that we have been these living beings, and that the molecules of our body which have not been always in perfected Iman, will become like this again. So we have to get to know them.

This is meaning that my metabolism can cause that my emotion body forms into the shape of. And when that is happening I tend to crash and burn myself, and my blood pressure drops etc. But ever of will in Allah. That is, the metabolic changes I am describing, which can enable clarity of mind, when the feelings are liken to an animal, can only happen within belief in Allah. It is our culture's strategy for prevention of a shirk about a kafr. The changes work best within a black skin genetic since black skin adapts metabolic rate more swiftly to weather changes. We own that the fact of being in any kafr is causal to an animal story to live, and the shirk a pestilance upon us of our own animals. And we use our posture, by equating it with mental imagery, to discern which natural form we are being pested by. I have a cat shape which only is able when its hackles are raised since true I am a Roo and a snake. This is the outside teaching in our culture, even when in perfect Islam. Sort of as though we once already lost our self and so are very cautious in what we show of our Humanity, and we readily give away of our best self openly, and absorb more animal self, if in any danger. So our culture values experiential lessons and quality of experience above any education.

My snake is a poisonous one. A red bellied black. Use your own work to find out its worth.

And I have a Wallaby which appears when the snake knows itself fully.

Actually I also have an echidna, and a dog: but because our culture began to try to find out what is wrong with each other by taking up each other's animals; as the method in Islam to deal with Jihad.

Echidnas are monotremes. Echidnas and Platypus are the only sorts of monotremes there are. My family made me be born in a Platypus story so I have to learn to be that now also. (the platypus was the offspring of the water rat, Kurilpa, raping the duck) Monotremes are who lay eggs but also produce milk for their babies. (like every platypus it is very shy and looks like this drawing:

)
Echidnas are who got fallen to The Evil One, and are working to sustain themself in Allah. And a platypus is who takes to relating within the kinship relations of mother-in-law/son-in-law: like cats and snakes are to each other. The relations are forbidden in Aboriginal culture except between an initiator and initiate. (Here is an echidna picture, see he is shy too:

)

I hope Kittygyal can use the mongoose story to win her health, I learned it from the Rudyard Kipling Just So Stories version.

Salam

Curaezipirid
07-31-2007, 08:45 AM
For info about the red bellied black snake try:

www.faunanet.gov.au/wos/factfile.cfm?Fact_ID=293
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-bellied_Black_Snake
www.museum.vic.gov.au/infosheets/10259.pdf
http://www.reptilepark.com.au/animal...atID=16&ID=116
www.australianfauna.com/redbelliedblacksnake.php
http://wildlife-australia.com/red.htm
http://lamington.nrsm.uq.edu.au/docu...redbellied.htm
http://teachit.acreekps.vic.edu.au/a...blacksnake.htm

hmm, 9 is enough that the mongoose might get it

alaykum a salam

Curaezipirid
07-31-2007, 08:55 AM
there is an American sort of red bellied black snake also, that needs more water and is non-venomous - but interestingly both bear live young

however the challenge is to figure out why Australians are taught to want a red belly in their garden . . . the official literature won't say fully, but enough:

[dogivemetherightwordforapicturesoon]http://www.users.bigpond.com/neen105...ck%20Snake.jpg[/dogivemetherightwordforapicturesoon]

. . . I got it now:

he is cute.

the American ones are usually having more red underneath instead of only some of the scales being red, and the Australian ones are often more pink that red underneath:
Aussie sort can be like this:

American sort is brighter like this:

Curaezipirid
07-31-2007, 09:34 AM
This is a picture of where me and my sons found a rare sort of wallaby, near where I am born. But I can't find any photo of the kind of wallaby yet. We camped at this site in 2002, and it has been a major initiation site before the Europeans arrived. The environment is world heritage listed because it is a dry rain forest. All the same flora as in the rainforests further north in subtropics, but without the rain, and even with frosts. This is right near to a public picnic and camping area.

http://users.nsw.chariot.net.au/~2arm/img/nat_danb.jpg

I like this one for roo mince dinner:

http://community.iexplore.com/photos...%20Guy.jpg

This one has a story, the rocks are totally personified in our culture:

http://kazza.id.au/mt-archives/image...3-DSC09544.JPG

Curaezipirid
07-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Here is rock wallabies:

Here is two other sorts of wallabies:
http://www.darrinzammitlupi.com/wallabies.JPG
http://www.wolfblass.com.au/brands/w.../wallabies.jpg
http://www.echidnawalkabout.com.au/2wallabies.jpg
http://footloosemoose.com/sam_wp/wp-.../wallabies.gif

this one is cute:
http://www.bmacoal.com/opencms/expor...ws.wallaby.JPG
http://www.sarugby.com/news/images/s...riFijiRunP.jpg

(the Australian Rugby team are wallabies also)

Curaezipirid
07-31-2007, 09:54 AM
this is what red bellied blacks eat as well as frogs rats and lizards:

it is a taipan

:D :D :D :D:skeleton: I got im

a LI resident one like this:

Salam

Curaezipirid
07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
mongeese are not so cute as cats:

maybe

Tania
07-31-2007, 10:57 AM
This is australian rugby :?
I really like the wallabies and i find so cute how are they carring the little ones. Those cute small heads raising from the belly bag.

Tania
07-31-2007, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
this is what red bellied blacks eat as well as frogs rats and lizards:
They are scarry. I would not have idea where to run to escape from them :-[.

The mongoose seems to me more like an australian version of hedgehog. - after their fur :-[

Re.TiReD
07-31-2007, 11:51 AM
omg! can I tell you what happened the other day???? :D

well...I was in ma room doing some calligraphy when I heard ma li'l sis saying 'here kitty kitty' ;D now ma sis is shmall and I wouldnt expect her to say that...but I know that she loves cats (I can tell by the way she grabs em from the middle and shakes em :D ;D) hehe anyway I went out to the garden and there it was..with the biggest, yellowest eyes ever! :X and then.....

....it proceeded to come into the house! you shudda seen me! :offended: up the stairs, into ma brothers room and jamp straight up onto the bed! Ya Allah! scarred for life! :offended: :D

Tania
07-31-2007, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
....it proceeded to come into the house! scarred for life! :offended: :D
I will not believe you :okay: Scared for life by a small little kitty :) You should better used with her, now when she likes your garden and house.:D

ummAbdillah
07-31-2007, 02:02 PM
i love animals soo much esp. birds! Budgies are my fav. are'nt they so cute??

7ai_3la_Alsalah
07-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Alsalamu Alikum

Awww, Masha'allah, i do love nature and animals, cats looks so cute and adorable specially the Shiraz ones, Subhanallah :) .

Salam

Pk_#2
07-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I want a caaaaaaaaaaaaat!

:D

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Salam

This is australian rugby :?
I really like the wallabies and i find so cute how are they carring the little ones. Those cute small heads raising from the belly bag.
When you google Wallaby images the Rugby team come up in the same section; and it is a bit funny because the rugby players photos are often enough adjacent to a picture of a real wallaby in a similar posture. The Rugby team, being Australian, will be complimented probably, even though the cute player is Fijian born.

They are scarry. I would not have idea where to run to escape from them :-[.

The mongoose seems to me more like an australian version of hedgehog. - after their fur :-[
Australia hasn't got mongeese, but I know the story about only from Indian stories, and Rudyard Kipling. In Melbourne there is that story, but in Brisbane, where I am, the snake gets the cat. The second photo with lots on the road is African Mongeese. (are the Mongooses or Mongeese ?)

I ought to give the snake yarn also: NEVER EVER RUN FROM A SNAKE: Their strongest sensitivity is to the vibrations of motion, so the safest is to freeze. A person who can be snakier than the snake is the best sort to work with them and catch or kill them. Have you seen Steve Irwin's snake handling? (its shown in the movie he made) as he was really a cat person, he was very very wary, more wary than of crocodiles, but respectful and could handled them like another snake could. Not with the usual safety stuff, but he'd just get em by the tail and play with their motion. He'd have to have a good way not to be frog like, wouldn't he.

snakelegs
08-01-2007, 01:04 AM
i think australia is unique in that it has more venomous snakes than non-venemous. it has no vipers though. in the US, except for coral snakes, there are only vipers.
poor new zealand has no snakes at all! :cry: i don't know how they manage.

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 01:20 AM

I had a dream last night about collecting the quills off a dead echidna: the quills are used for jewellry, since they are hollow and strong. But you have to be careful of a poisonous one near the genitals and back leg on one side, of the males.

But in the mythology the echinas are the trickster, and if you can catch one, they make good eating for everybody. Most native animals have restrictions on who is allowed to eat the flesh of, defined by what our own animal story is. So we can eat who is our father's brothers, but not our own self, or our mother's sisters. We could eat our own self, but then we go too white. We have lots of science about stalising our genetic as a black way, but in this modern time we in the middle of a pattern that lasts for a number of generations, in which we go whiter to catch and make black the invaders of our country. The Asians don't get it yet, except for the descendants of the Chinese who arrived about 350 years ago, they haven't fully got our cultural way yet, but there are a significant minority of black folk of Chinese descent, who get the inevitability of our race being about to force the whole genetic into a blacker one, eventually. A friend showed me how clever he is with it. His ancestral story is a crow:

who made the swans black:

He used an acupressure technique and placed slight pressure on my shoulder which caused sharp pain in my foot where I had already a blister from new shoes: and my mind had a sudden fear about what he had done to me. It is the technique to cause that the following generations are a blacker skin people.

I am not meant to eat Kangaroos, but I had been, and that is why I am a whitey. I shouldn't eat crocodiles either, so that I can sustain good Imam towards a crocodile Husband, but Emu meat is good for my self knowledge.

Emus are sweeties:

the Dad's do all the childcare, even building and sitting on the eggs. They are next biggest bird after the Ostrich. They are also very naughty. I have a American friends whose picnic table was surrounded and attacked by a group of not too terribly hungry Emu.

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 01:25 AM
unfortunatey the shaytan are not even scared by King Cobras; but they usually want to get feathery so they like to disguise as Emus, but to caution them into better behaviour this is their inevitable consequence:

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 01:31 AM
this post first had one thing and then another and it went all too weird of sihr so I gave up on it

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Going on an Ant Hunt:

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Got 'em:

(termite sort of shaytan this is here that the echidna is eating)

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Howdy do thar:

this is the same picture as the other but in the real face proportions: it was pretty tricky to catch.

See the feathers around its face are oily? There are farms which farm the Emus for that oil which is high in Omega 3 like fish oils. Emu oil can help prevent atheritis just by rubbing it into the joints.

Most of the Emu oil is not available in the shops but all sold by direct marketing. I get exema if I wash with soap except the Emu oil soap or hemp oil or neem soap. And it really works for joint pain either to apply externally or take as an internal medicine: but only because someone somewhere sometime had agreed willingly to become turned into an Emu in between the grave and attaining Jannah. That is what we all believe here.

Salam

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Salam,

I just don't get why the mods at this site won't let me make posts defining that there is a difference between a shaytan and a djinn; but they let me make a post saying more or less "I am of Djinn" . . . crazy huh? . . . so maybe, they could try to find the Djinn (in the natural flora and fauna life) in the pictures:

image?id83410&amprendTypeId4 -

its called a native cat, also named a quoll, but nowhere in Qur'an or AHadith is it written that a quoll is a Djinn, and it is a marsupial not an actual cat, but the closest we have in Australia except the invaders cats who killed too many of the bilbies

That is, I guess that perhaps we should not really bother with superstitions like about dajjal being the cause of every black cat. . . not without real evidence.

The sky always looks and feels bigger here in the southern hemisphere than in the northern hemisphere

here are bilby:

they is nocturnal so its a bit cruel to paste up photos or take photos even

but I need stop posting pictures now I know I can before I make a nuisance of myself

Salam

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 03:22 AM
my favourite:

a mother kangaroo can let the longer term seasonal weather changes dictate when she gives birth; so if a drought starts after she conceives, she delays the gestation period, and enables an older baby to keep on getting into her pouch for longer, until the rains come again.
It is sort of like a miracle in nature, caused by Human belief of comradeship with animals.
Salam

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 03:34 AM
back on track:

try here all you too cute cat folk:http://images.google.com.au/imgres?i...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Tania
08-01-2007, 05:18 AM
The bilbies are soo cute with those long ears and nose. Its the first time when i see them.
I didn't know the mother kangaroo can adjust her pregnancy after the weather. :sunny:
How can eat the emu. :? It has so intelligent face with those eyes. And the fact the man of the family is doing something to help his "wife" make this birds more valuable.
I never saw until now a red hill.
Please post more pics of the native animals. After that i will post animals from my country. :)

taheera
08-01-2007, 08:33 AM
:w:asalaamu alaikum,
i to have a soft heart for animals my hole life ive been brought up around them my mum lives on a farm its so good she has 2 miniture ponys they are beautiful mash-Allah shes had cows, goats, sheep ect its so good when you'v been around them. I now own a cat and shes the funniest lil thing shes got the weirdest personality she keeps me company and i have to birds that sit and talk to eachother all day.

When i have children im goning to open their minds to animals like i have been. insha-Allah.:happy:

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Salam australian farm girl Mussie

(the Murri {dats Aboriginal word for Human in parts of country, and how most in Queensland Aboriginal community identify - but me a Koori from New South Wales} community near my place call Muslims Mussies and I reckon its funny but it is spelt like Aussie)

I like em goats cause they have milk to drink without that overloading the kidneys problem in cows nowadays. And I never met a minature pony but I sure as eggs had a shetland over my back fence last house I was at down in Canberra.

Now I have chattering birds in my brain, so will post some, but first I have a wonder about black cats.

Who knows the story about the cat who got the cream I wonder? I don't know so, . . . (is it same one as the English yarn about the mother cat who has to keep on bearing kittens for what seems to feel like forever?) I know a black bloke called . . . whatsisname? Who I learned from about the mental health problems of folk with HIV. He scare me but rightly since he's a cat alright. Long nosed sort I bet, but I can't find a long snouted black cat in the internet. Maybe this:

strange enough the whiskers are like the Emu feathers with oil . . . ???

But I like these better for will be in Jannah alike to:

the wild ones are smaller and greener and won't lay an egg in captivity, but realer than these sort:
[IMG]http://www.jarvislab.net/Graphics/evolution/budgie.jpg[/jpg]

and especially realer than these weirdies:

These are Australian King Parrots, who I prefer. We had a new year at a friend's father's home, with a flock of who had become addicted to sunflower seeds (thats cruelty to animals feeding them it so as they want to be near a persons hand)(is it cruelty to photograph them and paste them into the internet I am worried but)(there's a thread about whether photography is haram here newish):
King&#3720Parrots -

This next one is my own because one day my oldest son saw one in the suburb his school were in, when he was only four, and he showed me it in the trees above the bicycle path. It was a place I had first been through too often to visit a school friend who turns out to have been a real shaytan:

It is so beautiful, and its feathers just like my snake's scales

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 06:19 PM
These guys whole diet is ants:
Thorny&#3720Devil20Horizontal1 -

botherations, there are no ants for it to eat: buut, these are what I did to my four black husbands who began when we met more like these:

(the secret of these lizards is that they have two penises)

But that is not so important in this context. Can I tell you about the spinifex which grows in the driest deserts and holds all the sands down. The termites eat it. Then bigger insects and tiny lizards eat the termites, and bigger lizards eat the tiny lizards and bigger insects, and there are snakes as well, but the biggest lizards are our Human food. My fourth black Husband is a fully tribally initiated Pitjintjartjara man from a place called Fregon in South Australia. These climates are his lands. The sand is red and the hill in the other picture is rock seeming red from the sunset. The rockscapes are at a place where the Earths crust is so deeply rift that where it once had been parallel to gravity it is now vertical. The moon came away from this part of Earth. Like she gave birth to it. The Ant people are who belong there. They can not keep their feet owning Earth, but always love their moon. There is a sad love story about the sun woman and moon man: he rescued her in the end, by his hate of her and her hair.

One day I had a Dream with Dalai Lama in it, and I wanted to teach him our people's culture, but he did distract me, to show him where Uluru is, with the vertical rock: and my spirit touched it and got the terror of time and place reconciling, even though I had not become an adult (the usual way to learn the time-place deadlock). So now, at this time, it is good for me to be married to a Pitjintjatjara man since his places are also about Uluru, because he worked there as a park ranger. (his daughter is in the Yothu Yindi band)

But now I have to show the spinifex lands:
about Fregon use: http://www.waru.org/communities/fregon/
and this:

But for the spinifex:

these places have trees so are not of the really dry places:

and:

like here:

And then see how here the Shaytan make themselves into little bitty creatures
who try to become made out of clay like a Human,
but can only make a good air conditioning system from their spit mixed with sand:

off in the distance back there, the mounds are the shaytan pretending to be Human

a bit of rain came to this plant:

and a bit more:

this is a painting of the story about Spinifex- the painting depicts time as well as location:

and here a spinifex pigeon walked among the spinifex:

here it is:

she's a beauty

And there were photos of a few men also that I found by am not to post, which were good to see about also. So we know all Humanity is alright even in the worst of possibilities.

Ants and termites:

(the fire shaytan are in)

(this one is a NASA shot with the real depth of blue pigment missing)

Co-exist with even smaller hopping marsupials than the bilby here among the spinifex:

flowers

and introduced species

how many lizards might live here?

(thats another NASA taken photo)

Whereas, at least only dummies are likely to try this:

And if I were to become a cat, in that the carnivores are yerky feeling to breath in, and I don't like being petted (nobody who id an aussie could), the Cheetah appeals to me with her missing part of the skull to enlargen the nasal cavity so when the physiology alters its metabolic rate to run fast, enough oxygen is getting in:

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Salamalaykum everyone who tolerated my extremism there

it is for a story about reforestation for every of the deserts which I am attuned to in Allah and work always towards: an end to political misery of the tower of Babel, by the reconciliation of the winds in the northern and southern hemispheres, which will necessarily need massive reforestation to coincide with the process: that is what many of us here in Australia set as our real goal in Allah: for reforestation before the trumpets sound of the last day

Here is are cute animal pictures to remember me inshallah. They are spinifex hopping mice and are marsupials rather than rodents, with a pouch for their babies just like the kangaroo:

thanks for looking at these: you are right tania, their big ears are so cute

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 06:57 PM
I was sure I had posted a post somewhere in Load Islam, about how perhaps the Kangaroo is alongside the camel in Jannah, but I can't for the life of me, remember where right now

here is the rock art but:

Salam

Curaezipirid
08-01-2007, 07:20 PM
It must seem so strange to other Muslims that Australians measure our Human worth by our ability to accept ourself in an animal. But the truth is that if we, by accident, cause the kaffur, (their cause being a part of the world of our external self knowledge), then among us a kaffur is also wanting to be a credible animal, and so the kaffur themselves do not have kafr in their minds, only our animal nature.

here is a roo to replace that got moderated:

it is red haired like meself: a way of managing the sin of hate.

red hair make it better for folk who can not make their posture and words be both true to the same thing at the same time: makes that possible: but by making it impossible for those of us whom normally could (unless we know about red hair being caused in ourself)

I like the red coloured animals too.

Tania
08-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I like the camels. :) Have you see with your eyes a camel in wild :? Even the mices are cute but do they live in towns, in building or are field mice :?

The diet with ants definetely is helping him to remain fit:D

The small red hill its a lizard house or a termite one :?

Curaezipirid
08-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I never had an editing to correct the image urls turn into spam before? I wonder what sort of soft ware glitch that might be

Curaezipirid
08-06-2007, 01:01 AM
maybe ant-mindedness caused that my writing the words "of sihr", back a few posts, has caused the wrong implication as to whose ills I made explicable

So here that which was inexplicable, now explicable:

These are all taken at a place called "lakes Entrance" near Gosford in NSW Australia. My Uncle and Aunty used to live there, and I went to stay with them for a few weeks once, the only time when I was really unwell with mental illness (there were kaffur who did an experiment on my psychology using Islamic methods which they ought not to have had access to, but had: and I did get better by becoming a Muslim through sourcing all the educational materials which that group, of a few believers but mainly kaffur, were using, back into Islam): the pelicans get a feed from a fish and chip shop right at that place, just down the street from my uncle and aunties house, every day.

But it isn't just that the fish shop throw away their scraps, which is how the feeding time began, but also now there are specially trained volunteers, who make sure that the pelicans get good quality fish, (which the fish and chip shop sponsor in return for being promoted in the tourism brouchures), they never feed more than about one tenth of the pelicans who turn up, so that the pelicans can't become dependant on being hand fed, and there is always one of the volunteers who is ready in a wet suit, to get into the water and catch any pelican who had been caught up in fishing line. The fishing line can be a big difficulty for the pelicans. And it is also difficult for the National Park rangers and other wildlife rescue people to find the injured pelicans and untangle the fishing line. Sometimes their wing is hurt or their beak, or even a foot: but now the Pelicans show up for a chance at a fish and a photo opportunity, the wildlife rescue volunteers can untangle them.

Pelly's are nice. Like in Roald Dahl's book for children called: The Giraffe, Pelly and Me.

Tania
08-06-2007, 05:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
I never had an editing to correct the image urls turn into spam before? I wonder what sort of soft ware glitch that might be
Sis i never heard about permaculture :-[ This is some ecological gardening :? or damaging one. Here we have a very healthy gardening and farming. Very ecological and whats very good in our products they are tasty.If you eat a tomato you know it. From west we got big tomatos, fruits and have 0 taste. Are big and thats all.

We have pelicans in Danube. Its unique in Europe and lot of birds from here are going in winter in Egypt. The 2 countries are related due to the birds.:statisfie your pelicans are looking good also and we have the same problem related to fish. but here usually they sit near to the boat and when they see some fish, fly there and try to eat it. Off course the fishmen always complaint about this behaviour, stealing fishes but they are only birds. Everyone likes them because are soo cute with their heads and round body.

I don't know too much about soft but certain pictures are protected and i think thats why appear all kind of written things instead of pictures.:-[

Curaezipirid
08-07-2007, 04:10 AM
Salam

"Permaculture" is a scientific system developed to ensure that in starting an organic farm, that the new farmer will be enabled to make the best possible use of the land and available energy resources; like wind, and water flows, and what sorts of wood are available etc.

It is a system of designing a farm from the start, but which can be used to re-design older farms also; to cause that the farm has the least possible negative impact upon the environment, and also to cause that the farm uses the least possible electric energy/petroleum burning energy/and also that the farm is as water efficient as possible.

As for my general complaining manner in the last post, it was only that I had become overly intolerant of moding of me...

. .. here is a sugar glider in its real habitat:

the poems I make are in a thread at I:GM (funny about what can and what can't)

In Australia, because there are often droughts, we know to need small fruit.

Tania
08-07-2007, 06:26 AM
I think everyone should do the permaculture then. Its a good system, especially when the pollution its so high.

Looking at gliter in the tree how its eating his bug its so obvious the human will never have the condition to keep in the garden. But he looks so content.:happy:

Curaezipirid
08-15-2007, 06:33 AM
now I have pelicans at a natural salt lake in the middle of the desert, that only fills up in a big rain: maybe only every twenty years, (twice since I got born 39 years ago)

not yet empty again

after it was fuller

and the pelicans who fly a long way inland to get there when the lake gets full

This portrays an aspect of my land that I love dearly. The climate is so harsh, but in Allah we are always the survivors.

These lakes are huge and most years are the deadest places because the ground is feet deep with salt. But when the rains come everywhere is alive.

Tania
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I can't imagine for how many days have to rain to can fill up the place :-[

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Yo, this thread went SO dead...is it cuz Kitty is not around? Omg where is she =[ Havent seen her in so long.

glo
07-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Well, I am resurrecting this thread to show a picture of two little feral kittens, which were born in our back alley.
Their mother has stopped feeding them, so they are pretty much fending for themselves.

People have started giving them food, and they look quite healthy. But they are not used to human contact at all and cannot be caught or handled. This is about as close as you can get to them ... and you can see by their expressions how wary they are to have somebody so close.

I have decided to call the RSPCA next week to have these little ones trapped and taken away for immunisation and neutering. Hopefully they can find a good home, where they will be cared for.

DSCN4164 1?t1215867982 -

Cabdullahi
07-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Dont wanna be seen as a big softy but this is our cat 'bambii'

This is her sleeping ,she loves to have a nap during the day

Cabdullahi
07-12-2008, 01:21 PM

thats her attack on the kitchen

glo
07-12-2008, 01:26 PM
^ Uhoh ... she looks like she is up to something!! :D

Tania
07-12-2008, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I have decided to call the RSPCA next week to have these little ones trapped and taken away for immunisation and neutering. Hopefully they can find a good home, where they will be cared for.
According to petplace.com 60% from the animals which enter in shelters are not coming out anymore. Don't call RSPCA, please. Someone will take them in next days. If do you wish to involve more, give a small announcement in the newspaper "two cute kittens, borned mouse killers, without mom, are looking after a warm home."

glo
07-12-2008, 08:17 PM
According to petplace.com 60% from the animals which enter in shelters are not coming out anymore. Don't call RSPCA, please. Someone will take them in next days. If do you wish to involve more, give a small announcement in the newspaper "two cute kittens, borned mouse killers, without mom, are looking after a warm home."
I wish I could agree with you, Tania, but I'm afraid I can't ... :(

These kittens have been around since they were born in the back alley 3 or 4 months ago, and nobody has taken responsibility for them.
I have put a notice in all the houses whose gardens back onto the alley (70 of them), asking people to let me know if anybody is prepared to take ownership of them. So far nobody has come forward. The deadline I gave was Sunday - on Monday I will call the RSPCA ...

The problem is, cute as they may be, they are feral cats, they are wild and not used to be handled by humans. They come for food, but they will not be caught or touched. It may be too late for them ever to be real pets.

Worse still, when they become fully grown cats, they will become a nuisance - stealing food from domestic cats, messing up people's gardens, and breeding more wild cats ... that's no life for a cat in an urban environment. It just wouldn't be fair on them!

I take your point that they may never be housed, and that they may end up being put to death ... and that's a sad thought! :cry:
I just hope and pray that they will find a loving and caring home.
Cats like these can be homed on farms or in rural areas, where they can live semi-wild, but not become a problem. At the very least they will need to be neutered to prevent them from reproducing for evermore ...

I love watching them, and I am tempted to keep them myself ... but my husband is strictly against keeping them, and - to be honest - growing vegetables in my own garden I know all too well how much mess cats make in people's gardens.

Unfortunately, many people cannot afford to keep their cats ( and dogs) these days, and just abandon them. Therefore the problem of such animals living wild and fending for themselves without being cared for is becoming greater ...
I truly feel that my decision is made in the best interest for these two cute kittens.
If somebody does claim them, I will let you know.

Like you, I hope that they will find a way to live a happy cat life!

.: Jannati :.
07-12-2008, 08:21 PM
speaking of kitten's , this is our family kitten *smiles* :statisfie

Na7lah
07-12-2008, 08:22 PM
mashallah thats soo cute :D her eyes match the blue cloth

Ali.
07-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Glo, are they causing a problem at the moment? That survey Tania talked about sounds scary, and what if it's true?!

glo
07-12-2008, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Glo, are they causing a problem at the moment? That survey Tania talked about sounds scary, and what if it's true?!
I know, Ali ... :(

They are not causing a problem at the moment ... but they will when they are fully grown and continue to breed!
I blame humans who take on animals, but then fail to look after them responsibly!
If we are meant to care for God's creation, we should take that responsibility much more serious!

I am taking this step exactly because I feel strongly that these kittens have a right to a decent life ... and that means not being left hungry, cold, without shelter, possibly becoming ill or injured, without anybody caring! :cry:

Ali.
07-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I know, Ali ... :(

They are not causing a problem at the moment ... but they will when they are fully grown and continue to breed!
I blame humans who take on animals, but then fail to look after them responsibly!
If we are meant to care for God's creation, we should take that responsibility much more serious!

I am taking this step exactly because I feel strongly that these kittens have a right to a decent life ... and that means not being left hungry, cold, without shelter, possibly becoming ill or injured, without anybody caring! :cry:
Oh right I see...

Have you tried handling them by hand? Do they jump back in fear, or something? I'd say you should try everyday step by step trying to handle it, with a clear message going out to the kittens that you mean no harm, if you are up for two new pets?

An ad' in the newspaper as mentioned earlier sounds good aswell..

glo
07-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh right I see...

Have you tried handling them by hand? Do they jump back in fear, or something? I'd say you should try everyday step by step trying to handle it, with a clear message going out to the kittens that you mean no harm, if you are up for two new pets?

An ad' in the newspaper as mentioned earlier sounds good aswell..
I am trying to ncourage them to come into our garden for food. They now come when called, but stay at a safe distance and run away when I move.
I don't think they can be caught by hand ... more likely they would have to be trapped to be handled by humans.

Like I said we cannot keep them ourselves ...

I will let you know what happens ...

Ali.
07-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Like I said we cannot keep them ourselves ...
Right.

more likely they would have to be trapped to be handled by humans.
But that's wrong, they're fear of humans will probably triple if/when caught by the RSPCA and if they find people who are willing to care for them, they'll never be 100% comfortable.

Not arguing by the way, just saying.

I will let you know what happens ...
Please do.

Tania
07-13-2008, 12:54 PM
In my street and around are many feral cats. I don't see why this 2 could not live without owner :? As regarding they will have other kittens and so on, you could put in a fish sleeping pills, catch them when they sleep and take them to a doctor. Its not expensive the surgery. If in this stage you are calling the Rspca, they are dead kittens. No one will loose the time to handle or teach them when are other 100 very gentle for replacement. Because they are not coming to your garden leave the case open. They are not a threat for vegetables.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-13-2008, 04:45 PM

llol :D its not my cat. belongs to the lady who gave us ours :p
Btw those cats are cute Glo :D

rose17
07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Salam
I also loves cat
I dont have one
a have a parrot

Pk_#2
07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rose17
Salam
I also loves cat
I dont have one
a have a parrot

ayan333
07-14-2008, 01:21 PM

^...i may sound stupid,,,but i that real.u see cray stuff like that now-a-days

Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 07:11 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Looks pretty real to me...:D

WassalamuAlaykum

Faye
07-14-2008, 07:11 PM
We have cats; 2 adult siamese (a gift), 2 6-month-old kittens (rescued off the street) and 2 2-month-old kittens (the siameses' babies). 4 of them are mine and 2 (the 6 month-olds) belong to my younger sister. Unfortunately our cats (mine and my sister's) don't get along. If they encounter each other they hiss and snarl. Does anybody have any useful advice? At the moment we just try to keep them seperated and break up any fights that occur.

BTW, if everybody hasn't already figured it out, I luuuuuuuve cats.

Tania
07-15-2008, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
We have cats; 2 adult siamese
BTW, if everybody hasn't already figured it out, I luuuuuuuve cats.
The siameses has the same gender :? - and the 2 kittens are from one - or you kept 1 kitten from each of them :? :-[

Faye
07-16-2008, 12:06 AM
The siameses has the same gender :? - and the 2 kittens are from one - or you kept 1 kitten from each of them :? :-[
The adult siamese are one female and one male. The kitten-siamese are two females. Mother says we can't keep them, have to give them away when they are three months old... or spay the mommy. So far we've had no trouble giving them away, except heartache :cry:. It helps that they are purebred, more people want them.

The non-siamese kittens are two males.

Faye
07-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Um, i know this is not related to the topic, or anything, i was unable to contain my urge to do a little amar bil ma'roof wa nahi 'anil munkar, so

Taking pictures for memories
Some people say taking pictures and keeping them at home is haraam, is this true?. Because in N. America and Europe for example we heard every day a missing children and with out their recent picture it is difficult to trace them, so could you explain to me what kind of pictures is haraam and what kind is not haraam, because I like to take pictures from my children just for memory and I keep them at home, am I commiting a sin, please specify for me and give me some daliil.

Praise be to Allaah.
The basic principle concerning making pictures of any animate being, whether it is a human or any animal, is that it is haraam, whether the pictures are three-dimensional or are drawn on paper, cloth or walls, etc., or are photographs (taken with a camera), because of the reports in the saheeh ahaadeeth which state that that is not allowed, and threaten the one who does that with a painful torment, and because they may lead to shirk in the form of standing respectfully before them, humbling oneself before them, drawing close to them and venerating them in a manner that is only befitting for Allaah. They are also forbidden because this is a kind of trying to match the creation of Allaah, and because of the temptation inherent in some of them, such as pictures of actresses and naked women, and so-called beauty queens.
Among the ahaadeeth which state that this is haraam and that it is a major sin is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said, “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Whoever makes an image in this world will be told to breathe the soul into it on the Day of Resurrection, and he will never be able to do that.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). He [Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him)] also narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every image-maker will be in the Fire, and every image that he made will be made to appear to him and will torment him in Hell.” Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “If you must do that, then make trees and things that have no soul.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). The general meaning of the ahaadeeth is that it is absolutely forbidden to make images of anything that has a soul.
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/456-457
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said, when he was asked about pictures: making pictures for this purpose is haraam and is not permitted. That is because making pictures for memories is haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The angels do not enter any house in which there is an image,” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, Bid’ al-Khalq, 2986), and whatever the angels do not enter had no goodness in it.
Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 3/759

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

This article taken from www.islamqa.com

Tania
07-16-2008, 05:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
The adult siamese are one female and one male. The kitten-siamese are two females. Mother says we can't keep them, have to give them away when they are three months old... or spay the mommy. So far we've had no trouble giving them away, except heartache :cry:. It helps that they are purebred, more people want them.

The non-siamese kittens are two males.
I will search later for a professional advice but after me you should spay the mommy. The male will calm down and you will not have nursery in the future anymore which will make your mom happy too :) - parents are always happy when the pets number doesn't increase :-[

Yanal
10-22-2008, 03:23 AM
I wish to get a kitten but my parents say in 3yrs because my lil brother is 3 and my parents say if your brother feeds it hard things , kicks it , fights with it then. Lol. Make dua that I get a kitten as soon as possible as I will be allowed. :)

Intisar
10-22-2008, 04:47 AM
:sl: Eeek, I'm so scared of a cat biting or scratching me. Ahhhh, and when they try to jump on you...I get so scared, my heart starts pumping. :exhausted

Cats and dogs scare me, keep away subhanAllaah!

Woodrow
11-13-2008, 03:25 AM
This is "Toby" our newest cat. He is a 4 month old American Bobtail. They are a distinct breed. Although they look like a Bobcat or a Lynx, they are very gentle and make good house cats. They are excellent mousers which is why we got him. When you have horses, you have grain and wherever you store grain you end up with mice. That is where "Toby" gets to earn his keep.

In spite of being tailless, they are not related to Manx cats.

Ali.
11-13-2008, 05:36 PM
^ Interesting way to get up the stairs..

Who's that black cat at the top of the stairs?

Woodrow
11-13-2008, 06:59 PM
^ Interesting way to get up the stairs..

Who's that black cat at the top of the stairs?
That is Rusty. We have quite a few domestic cats plus numerous feral (Domestic cats gone wild) that have taken up living in the barns.

With horses cats are a very good asset, outside of keeping the Rat, mouse and prairie dog populations down, they seem to have a calming effect on the horses.

Here are a few more of the house cats in the Minnesota House, there are more in the South Dakota house:

Lisa and Sammy, yes the cats have their own bed.

This is Panda

Panda and Tigger

Sahabiyaat
11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
awww they are all so cute woodrow!

check out panda posing lol.

and we also had that big lion teddy, mum gave it to charity.

Woodrow
11-14-2008, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
awww they are all so cute woodrow!

check out panda posing lol.

and we also had that big lion teddy, mum gave it to charity.

The stuffed tiger was left here by the previous owners. We were going to throw it out, but the cats took to it and love to sleep on top of it. On warm days about 4 or 5 will be sleeping on top of it in that window, That room is strictly the cats room. We figure it is just a matter of time before they turn the tiger into cotton fluff all over the room.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.