/* */

PDA

View Full Version : PM storage

Silver Pearl
07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
:salamext:

There might be another thread on this but I tried to search for it and didn't find it so I do apologise before hand. Would it be possible for us greenies to have our PM storage increased? I'm thinking 1000 but if all fails i'm willing to settle for 800 :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lyesh
07-01-2007, 07:05 PM
:sl:
yea... we cud use some more space imsad

doorster
07-01-2007, 07:09 PM

why not simply download them and store them on your own hard drive?

most sites I know only allow 50 for normal members and more to staff and donors(vip [that could prompt some people to donate])

:w:

Silver Pearl
07-01-2007, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster

why not simply download them and store them on your own hard drive?

most sites I know only allow 50 for normal members and more to staff and donors(vip [that could prompt some people to donate])

:wasalamex

Its kinda effort, aside from that I'm not technical, so I was trying to worm my way out of doing anything like what you mentioned lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m102313
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM

People these days demand too much, it uses up space you know to store PMs and everyone storing 1000 PMs each is gonna take a lot of space, why don't you listen to what brother doorster said, download them to your Hard Drive.

I know how it feels to have a forum, iv'e got a vBulletin one as well.

aamirsaab
07-01-2007, 07:35 PM
You could just copy/paste the pm messages you have into a word file and save it as oh I don't know LI PMs. But If you really need to speak with someone perhaps msn would be a better tool?

Silver Pearl
07-01-2007, 07:37 PM

Inshallaah I'll do that, barakallaahu feekum.

Brother Mo-I wasn't demanding for an increase, I just asked if it was possible, obviously if the admins decided against it then it'd be fine, after all they have to pay for everything and have to ensure that this board runs well without hassle. While brother doorster gave a good alternative, understand not everyone can whizz through a computer and know how to navigate it even if it is the simplest thing. I do apologise if I seemed as though I was demanding for anything or if I seemed inconsiderate towards the trouble and effort that is placed into this board :).

Al_Imaan
07-01-2007, 07:40 PM
it still would be nice if we can get an increase...but im not demandin' anything...:)

doorster
07-01-2007, 07:55 PM

there is not any need to copy paste, download is as follows:

User CP > Private Messages > Private Messages in Folder: Inbox xx messages

put a tick/check mark in te box(s) > scroll down to bottom where it says Selected Messages: > click down arrow and select format of download e.g xml or text or csv

repeat same with outbox

-S-
07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
how much u have at the moment?

Muezzin
07-02-2007, 07:18 PM
LI already affords an absolutely huge PM capacity to members as it is, I think. Another forum using the same software as this one only allows its users up to 70 PM's each. That's not to say it is impossible to provide more than what is currently afforded, I'm just saying I think the capacity is massive as it is. Save particularly nice PM's to your hard drive, maybe? :)

Helena
07-02-2007, 10:11 PM
i wasnt aware it holds 500 pms......i hardly use this facility......but surely the moderators pm me..either deleting/warning/moving my threads....

most of my pms are deleted......1000..wud be too much....

Pk_#2
07-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Arghhh!!! i want more than 500 please :D If possible :p

Or nevermind.

Far7an
07-02-2007, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Its kinda effort, aside from that I'm not technical, so I was trying to worm my way out of doing anything like what you mentioned lol.
You could give one of us your password, we'll download them for you if you want.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Shut it. Increase it bro. I get like a hundred PMs per week. :statisfie
I'm guessing 99 of those are ones you send to yourself.

Some of your PMs:

You're so awesome!
No, you are!

Helena
07-03-2007, 12:09 AM
^Hey...is it sooo bad that I love myself. :statisfie
its not bad bro.....ahem..its pretty sad......100 pms weekly to ur self......:rollseyes ....

Silver Pearl
07-03-2007, 12:48 PM

Staff members get alot and they could easily be charitable and donate some of their PM storage, before people panic, its a joke. If -S- deems this idea to be useless and could slow the board then I'm sure no one here is going to object to having 500.

Aside from Alpha Dude I think some of us get PM from people other than ourselves.

doorster
07-03-2007, 01:10 PM
someone I know does it as follows:

create a new member category; VIP (donors and educated contributors [not copy pasters]

Staff: unlimited storage for PMs and atachments

Normal Members: 50 PM, 5 atachment (small uploads in posts)
VIP:
$5 per month: 100 PM
$10 per month: 250 PM
$15 Per month: 500 pm
$25 per month: 1000 PM

uses revenues to pay for bandwidth and free Quraans via mail (for Non-Muslims only)

Helena
07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Well...it's a kind of therapy :p
I accept ur view..did a lil investigation today on u bro Alpha dude...when ever i check whose on line......and guess wot....

.....Alpha dude is engaging himself with his therapy skills...pm'ing man...:thumbs_up :D

Helena
07-03-2007, 10:31 PM
lol...those were actual PMs. Ask H4RUN :p
hehehe...i am not denying......detective labbayk is on search......evidence found....defo actual pms between u and bro Harun....

.....brothers man...ever heard of msn?..easier?..rather waiting for the messages...and replying and deleting...:p :D ....

Yanal
07-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Asalam alakum no for us limited memebrs and full members we should only have 500 the mods trainee mods supa mods and admins should have more because every time someone posts or make s a thread they get a pm and most people like talking to these people for questions so and i think alot of people msg admins so yeh for us 5000 ok we can deleate the old ones but admins and the rest of LI staff

snakelegs
07-03-2007, 10:45 PM
for me, there is plenty of space. i don't get or send PM's very much, unlike the famous alphadude.

Yanal
07-03-2007, 10:47 PM
snakelegs that is kinda mean to say please post if you think it won't hurt anyone and alpha dude left because his personal problems he wasn't really fired from being a mod

Helena
07-03-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
snakelegs that is kinda mean to say please post if you think it won't hurt anyone and alpha dude left because his personal problems he wasn't really fired from being a mod
huh..i think snakeleg meant that he does not receive 100 pms weekly like the famous..living legendary alpha dude...correct?...

Yanal
07-03-2007, 10:57 PM
but still it might hurt it's feelings alpha dude do not worry i apoligize on behalf of snakelegs and plus who is the legendary alpha dude any way?

Helena
07-03-2007, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
but still it might hurt it's feelings alpha dude do not worry i apoligize on behalf of snakelegs and plus who is the legendary alpha dude any way?
ok..i give up......jokes can be taken seriously...i shall stop joking now..legendary..meaning alpha dude...who else?...

Yanal
07-03-2007, 11:00 PM
ok sis look let's stop talking off topic i reported it to Muhammad and he will have a look and reply

Helena
07-03-2007, 11:07 PM
lol, I'm the legendary Alpha Dude...and bro, it's ok, Snakelegs didn't mean it in an offensive way! :)
Nice to know you have my back though. :statisfie
Ya Allah....i do apologise if have offended u......shall be away from this thread....:-[ ....

Muhammad
07-03-2007, 11:48 PM

Thank you for all your input, we will close the thread here.

Admin
10-26-2007, 04:57 PM
If you haven't noticed yet, you got your Eid gift from Admin Sajid. For you members, the PM storage limit was increased to 800! :D May Allah swt reward him for his efforts and generosity.

sapphire
10-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Ameen!^ i noticed that^ but i didnt find it being mentioned anywhere so i just thought my memory was failing and i had forgotten it was always at 800.....Thanks sajid!

thanks Silver pearl for being the thread starter and setting off the idea

10-26-2007, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Admin
If you haven't noticed yet, you got your Eid gift from Admin Sajid. For you members, the PM storage limit was increased to 800! :D May Allah swt reward him for his efforts and generosity.
That was nice of him! :D

Pk_#2
10-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Awww how nice,

Reminder: Next Eid is juuuuust around the corner :D

I mean this was a very late present n all.. :-\

Admin
10-27-2007, 05:42 AM
It wasn't late, he changed that in ramadan itself, well before eid :hmm:

Ummu Sufyaan
10-27-2007, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
:salamext:

There might be another thread on this but I tried to search for it and didn't find it so I do apologise before hand. Would it be possible for us greenies to have our PM storage increased? I'm thinking 1000 but if all fails i'm willing to settle for 800 :X
sheesh woman. how many pms do ya get. lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.