/* */

PDA

View Full Version : out of body experience, angels and other stuff.

ranma1/2
07-03-2007, 07:01 AM
interesting video

http://www.videosift.com/video/Can-O...-be-Recreated1

I personally would love to volunteer for this experiment.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
07-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Very interesting. The part about people interpreting the stimulation of the right temporal lobe as meeting the devil really freaked me out for some reason.

ranma1/2
07-05-2007, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Very interesting. The part about people interpreting the stimulation of the right temporal lobe as meeting the devil really freaked me out for some reason.
so would you try it? I would with out a doubt. "assuming its safe"

Yanal
07-05-2007, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
interesting video

http://www.videosift.com/video/Can-O...-be-Recreated1

I personally would love to volunteer for this experiment.
Asalam alakum it is not working for me i clicked it it came to teh web shows other videos but not this one

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ranma1/2
07-05-2007, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam alakum it is not working for me i clicked it it came to teh web shows other videos but not this one
it seems to be working fine. are you at work?

Malaikah
07-05-2007, 07:19 AM
so would you try it? I would with out a doubt. "assuming its safe"
No, I rather not want to see myself meeting the devil and going to hell. It sounds almost like asking for someone to stimulate a nightmare for you. :blind:

Creepy stuff. But I thought the experimenters have a long way to go before they can try to explain the stuff people see. I mean, that guy who flew out of his car when it crashed wasn't sitting calming wearing a helmet and blind folded with stuff being zapped at his temporal lobes.

I'm more interested in seeing what happens when they zap the whole brain while the participant is seated comfortably having a coffee or something. Seems more realistic.

Muezzin
07-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Holy moley! That just cured my Writer's Block! Thanks for posting it!

ranma1/2
07-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Well i have been checking up on it some more and it appears to work on about 80% of the population. "the visions usually relate to whatever you believe. Curious as to how this would work for atheists.. aliens perhaps?"

And here is a similr experiment.

Want to be a savant for aday?

http://www.wireheading.com/brainstim/savant.html

Muezzin
07-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Curious as to how this would work for atheists.. aliens perhaps?"
That or a reflection.

Ho-ho, how I chortle at my own bad jokes.

And here is a similr experiment.

Want to be a savant for aday?

http://www.wireheading.com/brainstim/savant.html
Hmm...

KAding
07-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Do you even need magnetic stimulations to start fantasizing stuff while blind-folded in an empty silent room? I can imagine just the lack of stimuli and the expectation that 'something' must happen can be enough to induce these feelings of 'a presence' and 'floating outside of yourself'.

Muezzin
07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Do you even need magnetic stimulations to start fantasizing stuff while blind-folded in an empty silent room? I can imagine just the lack of stimuli and the expectation that 'something' must happen can be enough to induce these feelings of 'a presence' and 'floating outside of yourself'.
Heh. The way you've worded it makes me think that some people simply fall asleep!

Also, I've corrected the topic title. I'm sure nobody seriously believes that angles are the creation of religions :p :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.