/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading and understanding Quran

Nerd
07-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I was wondering why Muslim's shy away from Quoting the Holy Quran, using the verses of the Holy Quran to support their arguments etc?

Why cant a ordinary Muslim read and comprehend the verses in the Holy Quran? Despite the fact it is said over and over again that we Muslims should refer to it on all matters?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
07-04-2007, 09:21 PM
^o) so what's your question?

Don't generalise.

Strzelecki
07-05-2007, 06:19 AM
I don't understand what you're saying...

As a member on this forum and many others, I have noticed evidence from the Qur'an being used to justify beliefs and the like a lot.

Nerd
07-05-2007, 09:13 AM
My apologizes... For instance if I quoted the Quran, it will be said "Are you an expert in Quran?" Why is it that only special experts are allowed to comprehend the Holy Quran for everyone? and not everyone who reads it??

It's as though the Holy Quran is incomprehensible to ordinary Muslims...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
asadxyz
07-07-2007, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
I was wondering why Muslim's shy away from Quoting the Holy Quran, using the verses of the Holy Quran to support their arguments etc?

Why cant a ordinary Muslim read and comprehend the verses in the Holy Quran? Despite the fact it is said over and over again that we Muslims should refer to it on all matters?
peace ;
Please browse all of my Posts you can see if you argue from the Holy Quran or not .
best of luck

Umar001
07-09-2007, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
My apologizes... For instance if I quoted the Quran, it will be said "Are you an expert in Quran?" Why is it that only special experts are allowed to comprehend the Holy Quran for everyone? and not everyone who reads it??

It's as though the Holy Quran is incomprehensible to ordinary Muslims...
Maybe it is to do with the understanding it, for example one person reads on verse and might take it out of context and then use it to justify not praying or justify being a Christian or Jew. Where as if we go to those who have spent their lives learning it we are more likely to have a more insightful approach taken.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.